• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'd expect them to use that online mode and milk future costume DLC since RE5 ended up doing that.

Probably. I have some hope considering the apparently low amount of Merc maps right now there there's some just waiting for the actual launch to pop up, but I really should not give Capcom the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Probably. I have some hope considering the apparently low amount of Merc maps right now there there's some just waiting for the actual launch to pop up, but I really should not give Capcom the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm thinking they may be as most of the Mercs costumes can't be gotten yet, and in the RE.NET trailer they advertise you can purchase unlockables with RE Points you earn and use it to buy new unlockables, in which they show off costumes.

Nah, RE4 was pretty normal. Only got weirder with the PS2 extras, like armor ashley and mob Leon. 5 had some really weird stuff with Safari Chris, Clubbing Sheva, and especially with the DLC which added Fairy Tale Sheva, Heavy Metal Chris, etc.

It'd be nice if RE6 had another costume people haven't seen yet, maybe through RE.net or whatever, since all the extras seem weird for right now. Something different like Tribal Sheva, which was one of my favorite characters, would especially be great.

Fairy Tale Sheva is one of those situations where I accidentally fall in love with a game character.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm thinking they may be as most of the Mercs costumes can't be gotten yet, and in the RE.NET trailer they advertise you can purchase unlockables with RE Points you earn and use it to buy new unlockables, in which they show off costumes.

I know someone(I think you?) went file digging and found the merc stages, not really sure how this stuff really works but was anything costume related found as well?

Dusk Golem

I know someone(I think you?) went file digging and found the merc stages, not really sure how this stuff really works but was anything costume related found as well?

Yup, in the spoiler thread we've already found all the costume data for Mercs data. The specifics of unlocking we don't know, but you can mod the game to unlock it all. However, the legit way of unlocking is likely through RE.Net. I am also guessing this how we unlock the other Mercs stages that aren't pre-order bonuses (you obtain three stages via campaign, but none of the others, which are probably bought by RE.NET points I am guessing as there should be four other maps).

Sectus

Posted this also in the spoiler topic, but some here don't care for Mercenaries spoilers much. Sectus here on the forums hasn't posted it here yet either, which I thought was odd. He uploaded a video showing off weapons, melees, and ever character/costume on the disc in Resident Evil 6:

*WARNING: Mercenaries spoilers, and at least one character in Mercenaries is a plot spoiler*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1UGY5OK6I
Video was uploaded while I was asleep so that's why I didn't post it.

I also uploaded this video showing off all the character taunts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxEu70UuX04 (spoiler warning for this one too since it shows all playable characters).

Yup, in the spoiler thread we've already found all the costume data for Mercs data. The specifics of unlocking we don't know, but you can mod the game to unlock it all. However, the legit way of unlocking is likely through RE.Net. I am also guessing this how we unlock the other Mercs stages that aren't pre-order bonuses (you obtain three stages via campaign, but none of the others, which are probably bought by RE.NET points I am guessing as there should be four other maps).

The other maps aren't unlockable. Capcom deleted the main part of the stages except for the 3 which comes with the game. So they have to be released as DLC.

There are files lying around with pictures of all the stages, I could upload that if people wanna see how they look like.

Dusk Golem

I also uploaded this video showing off all the character taunts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxEu70UuX04 (spoiler warning for this one too since it shows all playable characters).

The other maps aren't unlockable. Capcom deleted the main part of the stages except for the 3 which comes with the game. So they have to be released as DLC.

There are files lying around with pictures of all the stages, I could upload that if people wanna see how they look like.

That is a complete shame. Mercenaries with only three maps defaultly just sounds so gimped. Guess they decided to focus their DLC on the multiplayer mode.

Is it the same as these, or have any been added?

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6969/saf7f.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8264/9xkyj.jpg

hamchan

Just reached Leon chapter 5 and found out I could have been dual wielding pistols this whole time :(

Arggh, it's so cruel when they show you a blue medallion after you've already confirmed opening a door.

hamchan

I don't know how and where to use the skill points. I'm just collecting them so far. (Leon campaign). Any clue, guys?

You have to quit to the main menu, then campaign, then skill selection.

It's a bit weird it doesn't let you buy and equip in game, unless I'm missing something.

Curufinwe

I hadn't played the Jake demo as him till last night, so it was a nice surprise when he said something and I realized he's done by Troy Baker, the voice actor who did Kanji in Persona 4. And he's pretty much using the same voice he did for Kanji.

Gbraga

I hadn't played the Jake demo as him till last night, so it was a nice surprise when he said something and I realized he's done by Troy Baker, the voice actor who did Kanji in Persona 4. And he's pretty much using the same voice he did for Kanji.

He's also Vincent from Catherine, isn't he? At least Jake's voice reminds me a lot of him.

Question, why are there no agent hunt videos yet? I thought that was a mode in the disc? Or is it because there's no online yet?

I think there is online, but you need to finish the game to unlock Agent Hunt, so not only just a few guys are playing the game right now, but the amount of people who already finished it and want to play Agent Hunt must be really low

hamchan

Leon campaign done! I thought it was pretty good. Last boss was one tenacious asshole.

Chapter 1: 1:51'02"
Chapter 2: 1:43'59"
Chapter 3: 0:52'27"
Chapter 4: 1:16'23"
Chapter 5 1:32'42"

Liked it more than RE5 I reckon. The new controls, combat system and constantly changing environments made it feel fresh compared to RE5, which I got bored in halfway through. The game felt constantly challenging since the enemies actually really hurt and I felt I was constantly running out of herbs.

There is an abundance of QTEs and jank in the game though. The QTEs are hilarious if you don't take them seriously.

Maybe I'll try Jake next. I'm more interested in him than boring old Chris.

Is it just me or do the costumes feel out of place for a lot of the characters? With Revelations they were few but appropriate per the characters, in this not so much.
Ex. Helena's schoolgirl.. cop outfit? or Leon's pirates outfit? Feels like something you'd seen in ORC and not a mainline RE game.
More like Dead Rising.

Every character has their 2 story relevant costumes just like Revelations(besides Parker & Jessica who had their FBC flashback as a 3rd)
then they have the specials.
Sherry and Ada's specials actually make sense though.

I hear the PS3 version is the superior version. Is this true? Picking it up soon and want the best version.

GAF advise!

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Lensoftruth did a h2h of the demos and the PS3 version looked better but apparently the 360 version ran better in certain parts. Not sure on the final version though.

A big WTF at the
car chase section
in Chris’ campaign at the end of chapter 3.

What the hell were they thinking? Why was the aiming so loose? WHYYYYYY!?

Leon campaign done! I thought it was pretty good. Last boss was one tenacious asshole.

Chapter 1: 1:51'02"
Chapter 2: 1:43'59"
Chapter 3: 0:52'27"
Chapter 4: 1:16'23"
Chapter 5 1:32'42"

Liked it more than RE5 I reckon. The new controls, combat system and constantly changing environments made it feel fresh compared to RE5, which I got bored in halfway through. The game felt constantly challenging since the enemies actually really hurt and I felt I was constantly running out of herbs.

There is an abundance of QTEs and jank in the game though. The QTEs are hilarious if you don't take them seriously.

Maybe I'll try Jake next. I'm more interested in him than boring old Chris.

7.5 hours for one campaign? Damn, this is a meaty game.

Replicant

This game is so officially not out yet that I can't even sync/publish my trophies to Facebook. I mean it does seem to upload the data but I don't see the usual notification on Facebook.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Leon Chapter 3 was a massive step down from one and two. It seemed like there were a lot of reused RE5 assets. It felt rushed, I guess.

Nori Chan

:O

That last person.....is it....?

Can someone tell me what in the FUCK is going on.

I can't pick up ammo. I have no ammo. There is ammo lying at my feet. It won't pick up! Chapter 5 Leon.

I can't pick up ammo. I have no ammo. There is ammo lying at my feet. It won't pick up! Chapter 5 Leon.

Sorry, you gathered too much ammo. You'll have now to buy the extra ammo DLC, to be able to pick up 1000 rounds.

joking... in this case...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'd love to hear the impressions of people who loved re4 but really disliked re5.

Grisby

We do not yet know if this is true of the final game, but the PS3 demo is superior to the 360 demo.
Dud eurogamer do a thing on this? Because the recent demo performed better for me on the 360. Not by a legendary amount but it definitely felt smoother.

Sorry, you gathered too much ammo. You'll have now to buy the extra ammo DLC, to be able to pick up 1000 rounds.

joking... in this case...

:|

I can't progress! This has been going on for a little while. For some reason, only shotgun shells are picking up. I'm at a point where I need to shoot a far away target and I'm just standing here.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

and people are telling me the game is not broken. LOL

Phenomic

I know this isn't the community thread and get in trouble for posting this here, but! but that thread seems really dead. I should have my copy this afternoon if UPS does their job like I've been told, and am looking for someone to potentially run the game with since my friend bailed out for Borderlands 2.

Ps3 Version and I want to follow the story-line playthrough suggestion from Dusk Golem. I can play a lot this weekend and have Sunday off. So while we might not finish the whole game together that's fine too. Details can be worked out if anyone's interested.

I would prefer someone who knows the franchise well and has played all the games too. Someone who doesn't just blow through all the Ammo and can take their time to run around and find stuff. Admittedly, I wasn't that great with the demo controls, but I'm sure I will become more fluid as time goes on. Also I want to play it on hard, but this can also be adjusted if necessary.

Shoot me a PM if you feel you meet these qualities and want a buddy. *Ps3 Version*

ezekial45

Banned
Posted this also in the spoiler topic, but some here don't care for Mercenaries spoilers much. Sectus here on the forums hasn't posted it here yet either, which I thought was odd. He uploaded a video showing off weapons, melees, and ever character/costume on the disc in Resident Evil 6:

*WARNING: Mercenaries spoilers, and at least one character in Mercenaries is a plot spoiler*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1UGY5OK6I

So the Classic PS1 character skins are mods, yes? It's not in the actual game?

You have to quit to the main menu, then campaign, then skill selection.

It's a bit weird it doesn't let you buy and equip in game, unless I'm missing something.
Thanks for the help. I asked around and it seems like this is not the case with Chris & Jake campaigns. Not sure though, I only tried Leon's campaign so far.

Wow, the place I always used to get games early from (nothing ive really wanted early recently) has RE6, but like assholes they are charging $70. I would have paid the $60 to get it early instead of the 48ish I have it preordered at Newegg for, but 70 is just disgusting.

Dud eurogamer do a thing on this? Because the recent demo performed better for me on the 360. Not by a legendary amount but it definitely felt smoother.

Lensoftruth did and the 360 version had better frame rate in areas. This was from the last demo not the final game though.

Spazznid

It's survival horror.

haha

CAPCOM knew it!

People don't wan't survival horror, they want easy ammo!

They concede and THIS is how we repay them?!

lol, sarcasm...

On a related note, di you check if you can drop some crap from your inventory? Maybe you're full up and can't pick up no pistol ammo.

Top Bottom