• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

:|

I can't progress! This has been going on for a little while. For some reason, only shotgun shells are picking up. I'm at a point where I need to shoot a far away target and I'm just standing here.

well that sounds honestly frustrating. And I suppose you tried to leave the game and run it again... that's some messed up shit then.

^I'll lol if it's what sectus says.

Sojgat

Enough, stopped playing, just more fighting giant enemies in dark, tiny rooms with an awful camera. This game is beyond a mess, any reviewer scoring this over a 5 is a joke, and Capcom should be crucified for this disaster.

I don't want people to think I'm being close-minded because this isn't a survival horror game, I excepted this being a pure action game and wanted to love it, it just isn't any good. It's incompetent, janky, bloated, and quite frankly it's insulting. RE6 isn't without redeeming qualities, it has amazing production values (in places) and provides a tremendous amount of content, but it's a classic case of quantity over quality.

RE6 is the video game equivalent of... well, the Resident Evil movies. In fact it's worse. If everybody ends up loving and supporting this train wreck, Video games aren't doomed, but we will sure see a lot more super linear experiences driven by QTEs, "cinematic moments", and handholding (especially from Capcom). RE6 might as well have been called Call OF Duty: Biohazard, but in truth that wouldn't even really be appropriate, because COD has always at least been a competent game.

Without meaning to offend anyone, ignore those telling you RE6 is any good, they're either paid for, in denial, lying, RE zealots, or just have really bad taste in games, IMFO.

So I opened my inventory and about 7 billion herbs showed up LOL. No idea where they came from. The entire game up till this point I've been low on health items. Anyway, I combined them all into tablets and now I can pick stuff up again.

I swear I checked profusely and inventory was empty every time. Some sort of glitch.

soultron

Banned
Without meaning to offend anyone, ignore those telling you RE6 is any good, they're either paid for, in denial, lying, RE zealots, or just have really bad taste in games, IMFO.

You've not even finished the game yet. And if you're going to insult people, at least have the stones to say it with conviction -- don't pussyfoot around it with, "no offense." You're going to get shit on for this and you know it.

Embargos are Monday but I'd be weary, guys.

All the gaming podcasts that "can't talk about it" are strongly hinting that it is dog shit. I'm not going to name names to get anyone in trouble, but I've listened to 3 gaming podcast in the last couple of days that hint that they can't yet talk about how bad it is.

Teknoman

Enough, stopped playing, just more fighting giant enemies in dark, tiny rooms with an awful camera. This game is beyond a mess, any reviewer scoring this over a 5 is a joke, and Capcom should be crucified for this disaster.

I don't want people to think I'm being close-minded because this isn't a survival horror game, I excepted this being a pure action game and wanted to love it, it just isn't any good. It's incompetent, janky, bloated, and quite frankly it's insulting.

Can you go into any more detail without using spoilers?

All the gaming podcasts that "can't talk about it" are strongly hinting that it is dog shit. I'm not going to name names to get anyone in trouble, but I've listened to 3 gaming podcast in the last couple of days that hint that they can't yet talk about how bad it is.

Heh really polarizing I guess. You've got people giving it 7-8s, and then a few giving it 4-5s. Imo gametrailers usually hits reviews on the mark, so i'm inclined to think it really isnt as bad as a few are making it out to be. Either that, or those few are playing it as a straight up action, 3rd person shooter, instead of taking their time.

soultron

Banned

May there truly be No Hope Left?

No, it's just mine. Honestly not trying to offend anyone, guess I'm just an asshole.

No but you basically just said anyone that doesn't agree with me is crazy and or lying to themselves or something. Its fine to hate the game, its fine to be passionate about why you hate its the extra step to demean others that gets me. Sorry to pick on you its something I have seen too much of in the demo thread.

Bladenic

Gonna be really strange to see if this game really gets such low scores. What's the current lowest rated RE game on Meta/Gamerankings? Main line title, no spinoffs. I think it's RE0 in the low 80s, will be curious to see if this game is lower than that. Reviews mean nothing to me though, so I will probably love this regardless.

Spazznid

So I opened my inventory and about 7 billion herbs showed up LOL. No idea where they came from. The entire game up till this point I've been low on health items. Anyway, I combined them all into tablets and now I can pick stuff up again.

I swear I checked profusely and inventory was empty every time. Some sort of glitch.

make sure to put those herbs into your medicine box thing.
Click on them and selet it from the options.

Gonna be really strange to see if this game really gets such low scores. What's the current lowest rated RE game on Meta/Gamerankings? Main line title, no spinoffs. I think it's RE0 in the low 80s, will be curious to see if this game is lower than that. Reviews mean nothing to me though, so I will probably love this regardless.

The lowest is Revelations and RE0 with around 83. This will easily get lower.

Spazznid

No but you basically just said anyone that doesn't agree with me is crazy and or lying to themselves or something. Its fine to hate the game, its fine to be passionate about why you hate its the extra step to demean others that gets me. Sorry to pick on you its something I have seen too much of in the demo thread.

This man is right.

From the demo alone, I can tell that EVEN IF the story is garbage and the enemies are garbage, I'll still have fun with this game. Simply for the acrobatic mechanics.

Your opinion isn't above anyone elses and saying "No offense" seems to be your way of saying, "Offense, but I'm trying to look like I care".

Bladenic

The lowest is Revelations and RE0 with around 83. This will easily get lower.

A sub 80 scoring mainline title, who would have ever thought we'd see the day?

This man is right.

From the demo alone, I can tell that EVEN IF the story is garbage and the enemies are garbage, I'll still have fun with this game. Simply for the acrobatic mechanics.

Your opinion isn't above anyone elses and saying "No offense" seems to be your way of saying, "Offense, but I'm trying to look like I care".

That's really funny, considering a lot of people have said that the enemy variety is way better than RE5, or maybe even the best in the series.

Spazznid

That's really funny, considering a lot of people have said that the enemy variety is way better than RE5, or maybe even the best in the series.

I haven't played the game yet(Just the Demo), so I can't account for that, but this was a strictly hypothetical situation.

Sojgat

You've not even finished the game yet. And if you're going to insult people, at least have the stones to say it with conviction -- don't pussyfoot around it with, "no offense." You're going to get shit on for this and you know it.

Based on that comment, yes.

Sorry to say but yes you are.

Probably all of you are correct, but the game is genuinely impossible to enjoy in most places IMO, and my mind can't except anything else but the listed reasons for professing to like it.

What did you think of RE5?

I didn't love it (RE4 is one of my fav games though), Shiva AI sucked, QTE wesker fight sucked, co-op was a move in the wrong direction for me, but it's a masterpiece compared to RE6. Yes, I have only played Leon's campaign and half of Jake's, but I played Chris in the demo and that seemed the worst of all of them so I don't think it gets any better.

Bladenic

I haven't played the game yet(Just the Demo), so I can't account for that, but this was a strictly hypothetical situation.

I know, I was just informing you that if those people are right, you can rest easy on that issue. Story reception has been much more mixed, but I mean it's RE so not sure what people expect from the series.

Lucentto

Banned
The other maps aren't unlockable. Capcom deleted the main part of the stages except for the 3 which comes with the game. So they have to be released as DLC.

There are files lying around with pictures of all the stages, I could upload that if people wanna see how they look like.

So let me get this straight. The game releases with only 3 merc maps(excluding the ones gotten from pre-order)? And the rest will not be unlockable via RE.net, but will be DLC? Currently rethinking whether I want to waste my money on this damn game.

Maybe it gets better. Maybe it even gets worse.

I'd rather listen to someone who's finished a game in its entirety and had a moment of pause to reflect on it. Even if it's a great game.

I played 25 hours of FFXIII. I don't need need to finish it to know it's a shit game.

gconsole

So let me get this straight. The game releases with only 3 merc maps(excluding the ones gotten from pre-order)? And the rest will not be unlockable via RE.net, but will be DLC? Currently rethinking whether I want to waste my money on this damn game.

If 40 hours main campaign is not enough for you them dont waste your money.

omonimo

Banned

Lol, well... I mean, probably we talking only of variety, not of quality of the variety, I guess.

hamchan

The enemy list in the records section is really really long.

A lot of it though is like:

Zombie
Zombie - Armored
Zombie - Axe
Zombie - Machine Gun

etc etc.

Lucentto

Banned
If 40 hours main campaign is not enough for you them dont waste your money.

First, I am pretty sure it's much less then that. Second, I have no faith in this games campaign being any good. For RE5, Mercs saved that game for me. If RE5 didn't have Mercs, it would have ended up being a shit game to me. So forgive me for being adamant about the handling of Mercs mode.

gconsole

First, I am pretty sure it's much less then that. Second, I have no faith in this games campaign being any good. For RE5, Mercs saved that game for me. If RE5 didn't have Mercs, it would have ended up being a shit game to me. So forgive me for being adamant about the handling of Mercs mode.

Nah thats cool. I just havent seen many people consider buying RE from Merc.

Top Bottom