• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Whaaaaaaaaaat.

I didn't know this comes out so soon!

Hmm, time to figure out where I'm going to get my copy. I just got Borderlands 2...shit ._.

PowderedToast

so much content, too much to take in..

does the UK get the anthology? if so does anyone know a retailer that has it? amazon is no go.

From the Swedish LEVEL magazine

+ 3x longer than the regular action game
+ The environment design is really good; caves, prisons, etc
+ The soundtrack is the best in the series
+ Ridiculously good atmosphere
+ More fluid controls than in previous series

Pretty sure some of our RE6 scholars in the demo thread have proven these things to be completely wrong.

Takuan

ps3 version will have more details & better fps? Reviewers needs to stop to talk with subjective percetion, I'll bet will be the exactly opposite on DF analysis as ever, MT framework never give the best on ps3 (or can't give the best of ps3).

If this actually turns out to be true, I might go PS3.

How exactly do the four campaigns play out? When you complete them all, do you unlock like a "Last Story" or something, which ties everything together? A bit like Sonic Adventure, for lack of a better example?

That's really a good question. I guess it's like Birth by Sleep, you finish all the campaigns then you unlock the ending moments, with the last boss fight.

Since when does a 10 minute demo contain every area in a 20+ hour game?

I was being sarcastic based on the factual attitude that many people in the demo thread had about the game, even going so far as to calling out people who liked it as if they're idiots or something.

Ahh, no worries. It's hard to detect the sarcasm when that is exactly the sort of thing they say. :p

Well, I figured it would be easy to detect since I've been arguing against the detractors rather vocally. Having opinions is okay-- but clearly some people disagree with that.

I'm more excited for this than anything else this year, including the wii u.

I feel like with the recent RE games you either dont get it or you really get it and it sucks away hours of your life

I thought the music in the Jake demo was kind of bad and jarring, weirdly enough. It sounded great in the Leon demo though.

It's not hard to believe that the soundtrack is great. They've all been mostly incredible.

ErikB

Banned
They explicitly said in an interview that they were looking into changing the camera. This was months ago.

They did change it in the newer demo. I don't think anyone thinks that what they did was actually an improvement. If you thought it was too close before, you will think it is too close now. If you liked it before, it looks less cool and is less distinctive than it was before.

omonimo

Banned
They explicitly said in an interview that they were looking into changing the camera. This was months ago.

The demo could have that fixing, first 360 was pretty older, camera fixing has follow that complain almost immediately. It was a response to the fan complain. Hope they hear the same complain about controls & will have a patch at this point, a shame the things works in this way in this generation, but better of nothing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
But they review full game, not demo, didn't they?

He was being sarcastic.

I really need to try the new demo that came out on PSN. Haven't had a chance to, yet.

antitrop

0193_wlqq6.gif

MrDaravon

Holy fuck, I thought this came out at the end of October or something. I will be completely fascinated to see how this reviews and first-hand impressions of the final game are; after the demo this is the first RE game I will not be touching with a day one purchase.

Also the OP is ridiculously long; the 1 post guideline is there for a reason. My eyes glazed over and I ignored it. Short of maaaaybe MGS4, if you can't condense an OP to one post there's a problem. Less is often more.

I thought OTs were meant to be one post max now? This is return of the PR wankery of the old OTs...

I never even realised this game was out so soon. Sigh! After 5 I was hoping the next game would get it right but this looks to be even worse. I'll see how cheap it is on the Christmas sale, I guess...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
check the demo thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42475822&postcount=5612

and frame rate here. there is no tearing anymore anywhere.

http://ps360.ldblog.jp/archives/53792519.html

If the tearing on 360 could be completely eliminated from one demo to the next, then it's quite possible that the frame rate situation has changed between the latest demo and retail release. There's no grounds on which to be so confident in which console will have the better framerate.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If the tearing on 360 could be completely eliminated from one demo to the next, then it's quite possible that the frame rate situation has changed between the latest demo and retail release. There's no grounds on which to be so confident in which console will have the better framerate.
Well...removing tearing is as simple as enabling v-sync (hence the performance hit) but solving framerate issues requires real optimization.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom