• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'd be afraid the jacket, despite being expensive, would be cheaply produced and feel cheap.

It's a pretty cool jacket, and if you're going to wear something vidyagamy then subtle is always better... but man dropping nearly a grand without at least trying it on?

idk

They did change it in the newer demo. I don't think anyone thinks that what they did was actually an improvement. If you thought it was too close before, you will think it is too close now. If you liked it before, it looks less cool and is less distinctive than it was before.

I don't think anyone likes the change.

The+Joker+-+And+Here+We+Go.Gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pretty sure some of our RE6 scholars in the demo thread have proven these things to be completely wrong.

To be fair, the RE games have never had fluid controls comparable to others in the genre (save RE4 at the time of its release).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well...removing tearing is as simple as enabling v-sync (hence the performance hit) but solving framerate issues requires real optimization.

That's a good point, but the differences were not that dramatic to begin with, so it seems feasible. Nothing will surprise me at this point.

What gets me the most is how you are able to move your body independently from the angles :/ its different from most of the TPS..still debating to get his or not..

Is there a way to fix my character to the left when aiming? Is right-side by default, so I have to keep pressing the right analog stick every time it loads something or I enter a door.

Ever heard of the MGS4 OT?

They made some new guidelines, and it says that OTs should not exceed 1 post. I loved the OT anyway, people will just complain about anything.

Evolved1

So... I searched US PSN and they give you the option to pre-order, but it's through a retailer like amazon of gamestop, and for the disc version.

What the hell man... dammit. They make it so prohibitive to purchase shit.

I feel bad for people who have to deal with PSN regions even worse than the US store.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Honestly? If that wasn't people problem, I don't think it was communicated clearly. Plus, I mean, is the non-zoomed camera enormously different from Arkham Whatever?

batman-arkham-asylum-20090901040603946_640w.jpg

Different enough that plenty of people noticed, didn't like it, and said so.

And of course it's not a great comparison because in Arkham Whatever the camera zooms out during combat to give you a complete view of what's going on. I'm going to guess the FOV is wider in the over-the-shoulder position, as well.

resident_evil_6_screenshot_014.jpg

Look at this alley. It's by no means a narrow corridor. Now look into the distance. Chris is blocking nearly HALF the player's view of the entire alley, at a distance where enemies will exist and will shoot at you.

So... I searched US PSN and they give you the option to pre-order, but it's through a retailer like amazon of gamestop, and for the disc version.

Bummer, I would pre-order that bad boy on a whim... but on the US store. Let's hope for the game to be released day 1 on PSN.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly? If that wasn't people problem, I don't think it was communicated clearly. Plus, I mean, is the non-zoomed camera enormously different from Arkham Whatever?

Except the camera does this in combat:

batman-arkham-city-combat_2-1.jpg

Is there a way to fix my character to the left when aiming? Is right-side by default, so I have to keep pressing the right analog stick every time it loads something or I enter a door.

Yeah change your shoulder setting to "manual" in the options menu.

Mit-

I wonder if it will be better to play the three stories simultaneously. Play one or two episodes on a single story, then switch to another and play one or two episodes, so on and so forth.

I don't like getting a piece of a story and then seeing a confusing ending that still likely contains some major spoilers but they don't completely make sense because you haven't played through the other branches at all.

Jesus, why keep talking about the OT layout? Is it seriously that big of a deal?

This is more like OT |OT|

RE6, soooo controversial, right down to its NeoGAF thread.

Evolved1

How much did Capcom pay to be allowed to make this OT?

No need to fight over the format of an OT in here. If you have ideas about how OTs should be and want to discuss that sort of stuff (which is encouraged since it's a community activity), it can be discussed in the |OT| thread in Community. Let's not derail an actual thread over silly stuff like that. :)

Because the game isn't out yet so there's nothing to actually talk about.

So, two demos, tons of media, and over 3,000 replies in the demo thread. Clearly there's nothing at all to talk about so let's make a huge deal about a message board topic layout!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You know guys there are many games I don't like or have no interest in playing, but I don't go into their OTs for the sole purpose of talking shit about them. If you have no interest in buying the game good for you, but please stop coming in here just to bitch about something you haven't even played.

You know guys there are many games I don't like or have no interest in playing, but I don't go into their OTs for the sole purpose of talking shit about them. If you have no interest in buying the game good for you, but please stop coming in here just to bitch about something you haven't even played.

Even trash talking the game would be better than what's going on right now. At least it would actually be on-topic.

Anyway, enough about that I guess. Doesn't help if I'm joining in on the fray myself.

Sojgat

0.jpg

RE6 camera is closer and the way it moves is also quite disorientating. The screen is easily crowded, you can't see below your waist so you are constantly tripping over corpses, and half the time your view is further obscured by QTE prompts.

Evolved1

So, two demos, tons of media, and over 3,000 replies in the demo thread. Clearly there's nothing at all to talk about so let's make a huge deal about a message board topic layout!

Yeah... most of those are probably mine, sorry about that. I'm excited.

7 Days

Lucent

So i was playing coop and my buddy can pick up the stuff i already picked up. Is that a bug or intended?

I was thinking they probably did that so people aren't fighting over ammo and stuff like in RE5 where you had to sort of ask first if you didn't want to look inconsiderate.

antitrop

How does that demonstrate the quality of the camera? Genuine question, not trying to be an ass. I haven't had any trouble with the camera so I'm wondering what's up.
I agree with you, I don't understand the point of that screenshot.

I do strongly dislike that the character takes up such a large amount of screen real estate and that you can't see below the waist.

How does that demonstrate the quality of the camera? Genuine question, not trying to be an ass. I haven't had any trouble with the camera so I'm wondering what's up.

You can't see shit? Almost 1/3 of the screen is occupied by your character?. Unless enemies are in your direct field of vision you can't see them, or even see what's in the floor, so you can't barely avoid tripping into bodies...

Evolved1

Some people really really hate close FOV. And there aren't many games that exist with a combination of close FOV and free camera.

It's an oddity. I could understand it being an obstacle to one's enjoyment, since I was affected by it at first. Used to it now, and like it... but it's not uncommon to hear FOV complaints for normal games, so it's even more pronounced when you mix in a non traditional camera (for this FOV).

edit: and there will always be some who complain about FOV no matter how far you back it up. Having been in lots of killzone/socom/etc threads this is just the way it is.

Speaking of which, do we have a hall of shame list of number of posts in the demo thread?

I'm afraid to check, haha... I've had these threads open at home and work for days.

Top Bottom