• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

def sim

We started on professional, but I see it has reverted to veteran and the option to go higher has disappeared. Huh weird

We just finished Leon's first chapter and, though it's definitely a departure from previous RE's, there's still some fun to be had here. Dodging is a must, for anyone wondering. Being grabbed almost always obliterates all your health blocks in the higher difficulties.

A pretty good unofficial video review, for those who want to see the game in motion (in review form~) and hear a break-down of a fellow gamers perspective (it is a bit gushy though, GameTrailers review should be a good 'critic' breakdown video review when it officially releases as their review was up and then taken down fairly quickly, though they opted for a 8.8 score).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YNdseKn2hI

Camera was pulled back quite a bit through most of that footage. Good shit.

A pretty good unofficial video review, for those who want to see the game in motion (in review form~) and hear a break-down of a fellow gamers perspective (it is a bit gushy though, GameTrailers review should be a good 'critic' breakdown video review when it officially releases as their review was up and then taken down fairly quickly, though they opted for a 8.8 score).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YNdseKn2hI

Wow, this guys really on the ball, great review. Nice find.

Neiteio

I -just- realized how it's neat that Jake, son of Wesker, is partnered with Sherry, daughter of Wesker's old partner William Birkin.

Neiteio

So I love RE soap opera (who doesn't), and I have to ask: Sherry, Jake -- any chance they'll be an item? I have no doubt the game treats them strictly platonically, but I mean, it doesn't rule out the possibility either, right?

JoeFenix

I know I asked once already but would it be possible for anyone who finished the game to upload the credits?

I really want to see who worked on this!

Nemesis_

So I love RE soap opera (who doesn't), and I have to ask: Sherry, Jake -- any chance they'll be an item? I have no doubt the game treats them strictly platonically, but I mean, it doesn't rule out the possibility either, right?

Well,
there have been a few hints here and there but I am not finished with the game yet so I couldn't say.

Sherry is cute though and not an ANNOYING DUMBASS.

Ashley wishes she could be this useful

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sherry has a regeneration ability (not a factor in gameplay), Jake is normal.

Normal except he's immune to disease and viruses. it seems. Also I'm not sure if I should attribute some of his moves to just being trained under hostile conditions, or have a natural edge from his bloodline.

Regardless, Jake certainly doesn't have Wesker-level abilities or any real super-power outside of resistance to disease.

Well some spoilers here, but just on this topic, I won't delve into anything else.

I'll let Jake's ending song answer it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CKan7EplMM

I actually was just working on the lyrics as it is the one vocal song in the game. I just can't figure out one word:

Don't seem to remember
When I left the cold behind me
The snow reminds me
Of the world I've left outside
So when you found me
I glimpsed some hope through the fit
And is this what I've missed?
And is this how it feels
To beleive?

You've believed in my hearts desire
You believed I could walk through fire
You've shown me just how strong I was
At my very _______
You believed I could overcome all
You believed I could save the world
You saved me, oh so won't you let me save you?

How cold is winter
I walk the path all alone
Just another stranger
In the world that passed me by
Each day, each night, I fight
If I could keep my feelings locked tight
Till you opened the door
And you showed me that I'm not alone

I believe in my hearts desire
I believe I could walk through fire
I know how very strong I am
when I am at my _______
I believe I can overcome all
I believe I can save the world

Where it seems
Like hope is gone
No way to tell if I'm dreaming
But I can tell that we'll make it through this

I believe flames can burn us
I believe ice can break us
I believe we can be so much more
Now that we're together
I believe we can overcome all
I believe we can save the world

Dusk Golem

RE7 should end with Chris and Jill getting married.

I just want to wash Johnny and Meryl's wedding out of my memory.

EDIT: Ooo, those lyrics. <3

Might want to spoiler tag that for now since the game isn't out yet and that song literally plays at the end, well, beside an epilogue scene. Anyway, this is definitely the strongest they've put two people together outside of the main characters of Dead Aim. One ending spoiler related to them, only read this if you want to know as it does partially spoil their ending:
they don't kiss, but Jake tells Sherry that she saved him and they then hold each others hand, and in the epilogue we see that they're texting each other and both smile when they get a text from the other while they are busy doing their own thing.

Neiteio

Might want to spoiler tag that for now since the game isn't out yet and that song literally plays at the end, well, beside an epilogue scene. Anyway, this is definitely the strongest they've put two people together outside of the main characters of Dead Aim. One ending spoiler related to them:
they don't kiss, but they do place one hand on top of the other at the end, and in the epilogue we see that they're texting each other and both smile when they get a text from the other while they are busy doing their own thing.
I edited my post to add the tag. Also, that's encouraging to hear regarding the ending. :)

Ahh, yeah. You're right.

And of course the classic Jessica x Chris relationship (even though Chris was clearly not interested lol)
Jessica's officer uniform from the flashbacks in Revelations is the single hottest thing to come out of Resident Evil.

jessica.jpg

Lucent

I edited my post to add the tag. Also, that's encouraging to hear regarding the ending. :)

Jessica's officer uniform from the flashbacks in Revelations is the single hottest thing to come out of Resident Evil.

jessica.jpg

I dunno why but she looked so much like a copy of Sheva to me. Which felt like an easy way of making a character after Chris having been with Sheva.

Normal except he's immune to disease and viruses. it seems. Also I'm not sure if I should attribute some of his moves to just being trained under hostile conditions, or have a natural edge from his bloodline.

Regardless, Jake certainly doesn't have Wesker-level abilities or any real super-power outside of resistance to disease.

Wait really? This whole time I thought his abilities were going to be Wesker-style speed and strength. Well, I guess I won't feel so weird about him dying from zombies when I play :/

Wait really? This whole time I thought his abilities were going to be Wesker-style speed and strength. Well, I guess I won't feel so weird about him dying from zombies when I play :/

Well, isn't he naturally stronger and faster due to the Wesker blood? Like, being descended from one of the Wesker children?

Dusk Golem

He's weaker than Wesker as a whole, but I am sure he has some supernatural abilities (I mean, he does a lot of over-the-top stuff in his campaign), but it's a bit more grounded as it mainly sticks to his physical strength, acrobatic ability, and his immunity to diseases.

Nemesis_

A chronology / continuity related question

So is Ada (blue clothes, red scarf) wearing the same clothes in Edonia and then the SAME CLOTHES in Lanshiang almost SIX MONTHS later? wtf

Lucent

A chronology / continuity related question

So is Ada (blue clothes, red scarf) wearing the same clothes in Edonia and then the SAME CLOTHES in Lanshiang almost SIX MONTHS later? wtf

Animu. lol j/k.
That does sound odd though. Though if you want to think of it this way, you alternate clothes every day. What if she just happened to alternate enough to where it's "okay" to where the same clothes again?
=P

cvxfreak

Might want to spoiler tag that for now since the game isn't out yet and that song literally plays at the end, well, beside an epilogue scene. Anyway, this is definitely the strongest they've put two people together outside of the main characters of Dead Aim. One ending spoiler related to them, only read this if you want to know as it does partially spoil their ending:
they don't kiss, but Jake tells Sherry that she saved him and they then hold each others hand, and in the epilogue we see that they're texting each other and both smile when they get a text from the other while they are busy doing their own thing.

Awesome,
Albert and William can eventually become brothers in law.

Nemesis_

Animu. lol j/k.
That does sound odd though. Though if you want to think of it this way, you alternate clothes every day. What if she just happened to alternate enough to where it's "okay" to where the same clothes again?
=P

LOL. Someone needs to give her a pay rise for a better wardrobe tbh

Played the first part that I didn't enjoy just then - the end of Chris III.
The car chase scene just went on for too long and the controls were really weird

Neiteio

Question about the motorcycle and snowmobile segments seen in the trailers: Do you actually steer the vehicles in those sections?

Dusk Golem

LOL. Someone needs to give her a pay rise for a better wardrobe tbh

Played the first part that I didn't enjoy just then - the end of Chris III.
The car chase scene just went on for too long and the controls were really weird

Yeah,
Chris's jeep section was incredibly weird. I found it was fun to mess around in with a friend, but it does just feel really weird. There's more vehicles coming but I think they're handled a lot better than Chris's jeep.

Question about the motorcycle and snowmobile segments seen in the trailers: Do you actually steer the vehicles in those sections?

Yup you steer those, among other things.
Not including Leon's QTE vehicle segments, you have full gameplay segments between campaigns on a snowmobile, a motorcycle, a boat, a jeep, and a harrier.

Neiteio

Yeah,
Chris's jeep section was incredibly weird. I found it was fun to mess around in with a friend, but it does just feel really weird. There's more vehicles coming but I think they're handled a lot better than Chris's jeep.

Yup you steer those, among other things.
Not including Leon's QTE vehicle segments, you have full gameplay segments between campaigns on a snowmobile, a motorcycle, a boat, a jeep, and a harrier.
So, just to be clear, by "full gameplay," you mean you actually push left and right and such to steer the thing in the direction you want to go. They're not QTEs or anything like Leon driving in the demo, right?

Replicant

Regarding ability:

Jake is
immune to G-virus
Sherry is
immune to C-virus

I also hope they don't pair off Chris and Jill. Not a fan of the concept. Leon/Ada yes. Sherry/Jake yes. But Chris and Jill no.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
got the game earlier today...totally forgot about this dude that sells it a week before...anyways, so far so good with Leon

Jawmuncher

Regarding ability:

Jake is
immune to G-virus
Sherry is
immune to C-virus

I also hope they don't pair off Chris and Jill. Not a fan of the concept. Leon/Ada yes. Sherry/Jake yes. But Chris and Jill no.

WUT
They've been something since the beginning of the series.
We've never seen them get close in the games, but something is definetly there.

Personally i always felt Ada and Leon was a bit odd.
They were close in RE2, but after that it was just seeing each other here and there.
(Haven't played 6 yet so I don't know how things are going there)

Why are we talking about this lol

Dusk Golem

So, just to be clear, by "full gameplay," you mean you actually push left and right and such to steer the thing in the direction you want to go. They're not QTEs or anything like Leon driving in the demo, right?

Yup, only Leon has QTE-based driving (though there are a few QTEs in Jake's motorbike segment but you mostly drive manually).

Regarding ability:

Jake is
immune to G-virus
Sherry is
immune to C-virus

Jake is also immune to the C-Virus, we see him inject himself with it at the very beginning of his campaign and it doesn't do anything to him.
It is also mentioned because of Jake's blood, he is immune to viruses and the like as his father was.

Replicant

WUT
They've been something since the beginning of the series.
We've never seen them get close in the games, but something is definetly there.

Personally i always felt Ada and Leon was a bit odd.
They were close in RE2, but after that it was just seeing each other here and there.
(Haven't played 6 yet so I don't know how things are going there)

Why are we talking about this lol

Precisely. There's no attraction between them. Leon, however, has expressed interest in Ada and there's obvious sexual tension between them.

Jake is also immune to the C-Virus, we see him inject himself with it at the very beginning of his campaign and it doesn't do anything to him.
It is also mentioned because of Jake's blood, he is immune to viruses and the like as his father was.

I thought that scene was implying G-virus resistance. Because if it's just C-virus,
why would Sherry need him to sell his blood
?

Jawmuncher

Precisely. There's no attraction between them. Leon, however, has expressed interest in Ada and there's obvious sexual tension between them.

I thought that scene was implying G-virus resistance. Because if it's just C-virus, why would Sherry need him to sell his blood?

I suppose, just I know for most fans including myself Jill and Chris always seemed like a given.

Lucent

I'm playing the demo again. Set camera speed to 2 and aiming 5 or so. Feels better to me. I didn't like having the camera swing too much. This makes it feel much more stable for me.

Replicant

I suppose, just I know for most fans including myself Jill and Chris always seemed like a given.

If they go with Chris and Jill, it'd be tacky and fan-servicey considering there's nothing of interest ever came up between them. Hell, Chris was far more depressed at losing his men than he was when Jill was presumed dead.

Just finished Leon's campaign and loved it. Thought the pacing was really good. Was skeptical after the demo but am really impressed so far.

Jawmuncher

If they go with Chris and Jill, it'd be tacky and fan-servicey considering there's nothing of interest ever came up between them. Hell, Chris was far more depressed at losing his men than he was when Jill was presumed dead.

Ok I'll give you that, since that's true. Not to mention pretty funny when I thought about it.

Replicant

I'm playing the demo again. Set camera speed to 2 and aiming 5 or so. Feels better to me. I didn't like having the camera swing too much. This makes it feel much more stable for me.

I set the camera to 0 and sometimes turning feels like old RE (aka painfully slow) but at least I don't get motion sickness from it. Aiming I set to 3. Seems to work for me even in the most crowded and busy brawling part of the game. This is the real game though not the demo.

Top Bottom