• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Replicant

Question: If you jump from one character to another, chapter by chapter (ie. by playing in Chronological order), does the game remember the last amount of health, ammos, and herbs you had for a particular character or does it revert it back to nothing?

I want to attempt this Chronological order play but I don't want to lose those things I've fought hard to gain for each character.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Anyone else pre-order the Anthology and/or Archives versions from Amazon?

Why is my shipping estimate October 3? :mad:

me beyotch!!! :/

I bought my bro the game early at a local mini mall so Im waitin for my shit too...I dont mind..I still get to play it early tho..I can wait.

ironcreed

Banned
Still loving the demo while waiting for Tuesday. All you who have the game early, I sincerely hope you are having a great time. I really do.

tumblr_leycugv4UD1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Spazznid

Anyone else pre-order the Anthology and/or Archives versions from Amazon?

Why is my shipping estimate October 3? :mad:

Mine's estimated on Oct. 2...

I can't wait.
I seemed to have gotten myself REALLY pumped. Just watched RE: Degeneration (not canon, right?) and I thought it was ok. I really wanna see that new one with Leon and Ada in it. I got the Anthology version, BTW.

Why the flying B.O.W. does Anthology NOT come with Code Veronica? SERIOUSLY.

Replicant

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, Chris just smacked two enemies flying with his bare hand. And on another occasion, he lifted a guy up in the air before throwing him into another guy like a barrel throw. I guess all of those extra steroids work.

xtianmarq

Still loving the demo while waiting for Tuesday. All you who have the game early, I sincerely hope you are having a great time. I really do.

tumblr_leycugv4UD1qe0eclo1_500.gif

I tried to feel out the local GameStop to see if they would release the game earlier than midnight Monday...I told them that EB in Australia already released and was kinda hopin that they would too. No dice...told me to show up Monday night for the midnight release party. The wait for this game is literally killing me. So close yet the seconds seem like hours!

News Bot

Banned
Normal except he's immune to disease and viruses.

No, he's only immune to Progenitor (or rather, adaptable to), but the antibodies which produce that immunity are also effective against the C-Virus (presumably derived from Progenitor). The "superior DNA" that allows him to adapt to Progenitor likely contains a gene (which most of the population lack) responsible for the production of the peculiar antibodies. He is not immune to all disease and viruses. That is fundamentally impossible.

Verano

I tried to feel out the local GameStop to see if they would release the game earlier than midnight Monday...I told them that EB in Australia already released and was kinda hopin that they would too. No dice...told me to show up Monday night for the midnight release party. The wait for this game is literally killing me. So close yet the seconds seem like hours!

speakin of hasslin, I hassled the guy to let me get the game for 55 bux earlier today...originally he charged me 60 but since i always buy shit from him (mostly 3ds shit), he let me get it 10 bux cheaper than I would've bought anywhere else..

but Im waitin for my archives edition tho from amazon..

Lucent

Yeah. Unfortunately I have a math exam the day it's released and go to school early on Tuesdays, so I wouldn't be able to do any midnight event. Trying to stay focused on math (thought I dislike it). I chose the Amazon route so it should either be at the office when I get home or I'll get it when the UPS guy knocks on the door. I guess at least it'll feel good knowing I knocked out another math exam and then having something to look forward to.

Though I have a biology lab test the following week...sigh =(

AlexBasch

No luck in Mexico, they still don't have them. ): A friend who works at another branch of where I preordered the game told me that they haven't gotten it yet, she wanted to surprise her boyfriend but he'll have to wait until the 2nd like the rest of us.

estas chingado broder.
:p
Ni me digas, eso me saco por apartarlo en Blockbuster. ):

Verano

No luck in Mexico, they still don't have them. ): A friend who works at another branch of where I preordered the game told me that they haven't gotten it yet, she wanted to surprise her boyfriend but he'll have to wait until the 2nd like the rest of us.

estas chingado broder.
:p

Sidzed2

Almost finished the Leon campaign. Some pretty cool moments, but overall this is a real regression from Resident Evil 4 and 5.

This game feels like Capcom threw a thousand people and a zillion dollars at a project without any vision or focus. There's a lot of playable characters, alot of moves, alot of enemies, alot of levels, alot of complicated menus... But it doesn't amount to much but a big, sloppy, itermittently entertaining mess.

Verano

Almost finished the Leon campaign. Some pretty cool moments, but overall this is a real regression from Resident Evil 4 and 5.

This game feels like Capcom threw a thousand people and a zillion dollars at a project without any vision or focus. There's a lot of playable characters, alot of moves, alot of enemies, alot of levels, alot of complicated menus... But it doesn't amount to much but a big, sloppy, itermittently entertaining mess.

I literally have a gun to my head in trying to get shit right and not fuck up...so frustrating and too damn serious (the soundtrack adds a lot of that serious tone to the leon campaign) lol...
Also, did you change your reticle to the laser beam as well?? I hate the default reticle...so annoying

Replicant

Just replayed Chris' first chapter campaign. Damn, when you're good, this game feels good. It feels really smooth and fun to run and gun then melee the enemies. Yes, it's not the old RE. Yes, it's faster-paced but the sooner you accept that and get on with the program, the sooner you can enjoy the game. And I'm saying this as someone who's not even that good with the game. I'll probably get an overall mark of D for effort at the end of the chapter like I did with Leon's first chapter. But overall, I feel like I actually know what I'm doing now.

Nemesis_

Dusk, you did a great job at working how to fit the chapters together, especially in this rather confusing part of the game in Lanshiang lol.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk, you did a great job at working how to fit the chapters together, especially in this rather confusing part of the game in Lanshiang lol.

Thanks, that whole section was the hardest to work out but when I really thought about it and how a new player might approach each chapter, it made a lot of sense to me.

Jake's chapter 3 is obviously first, as it takes place a bit before the crossover events and is a time skip of six months after being captured in Europe. That was the obvious one. Chris's Chapters 3 & 4 both take place during Leon and Jake's Chapter 4, but how Chris goes his whole chapter 3 is a bit more secluded besides running into both characters, but it doesn't delve much into what they're doing at the time whilas if Leon and Helena came first, it would delve into what Chris was doing. Jake and Sherry take place at the exact same time as Chris 3 and Leon 4, but Leon's chapter ends later. For a while I debated which would be better to go first, Leon 4 or Jake 4, but I realized it was obviously Jake 4 as while you see Leon and Helena's confrontation with Simmons, their chapter ends shortly after that and doesn't go to deeply into what follows for Leon and Helena, whilas doing Leon 4 first would of spoiled Jake and Sherry's end of the chapter essentially. Then came the final question of what comes first, Leon 4 or Chris 4. They both end at roughly the same time, though Chris's end cutscene also attributes to some of the beginning of Leon's Chapter 5 cutscene, and with how Chris's chapter is more isolated for Chapter 4 outside of the ending I thought Leon was a more appropriate climax to the main events in the city at that point. Also, gameplay wise, I think it's best to meet a certain type of enemy first in Leon's campaign for a number of reasons.

While there's some controversy I've had in debates with others of what ending chapter goes first and last, I feel pretty confident the order I chose for that works best for a number of reasons as well. Be interested to see how that works out for you.

Nemesis_

Just finished Jake IV.

........Ada.....
is such a fucking bad-ass. Still my favourite character in the franchise.

Dusk I won't read your spoilers just cos I don't wanna be spoiled on anything past what I've done already. :(

Thanks, that whole section was the hardest to work out but when I really thought about it and how a new player might approach each chapter, it made a lot of sense to me.

Jake's chapter 3 is obviously first, as it takes place a bit before the crossover events and is a time skip of six months after being captured in Europe. That was the obvious one. Chris's Chapters 3 & 4 both take place during Leon and Jake's Chapter 4, but how Chris goes his whole chapter 3 is a bit more secluded besides running into both characters, but it doesn't delve much into what they're doing at the time whilas if Leon and Helena came first, it would delve into what Chris was doing. Jake and Sherry take place at the exact same time as Chris 3 and Leon 4, but Leon's chapter ends later. For a while I debated which would be better to go first, Leon 4 or Jake 4, but I realized it was obviously Jake 4 as while you see Leon and Helena's confrontation with Simmons, their chapter ends shortly after that and doesn't go to deeply into what follows for Leon and Helena, whilas doing Leon 4 first would of spoiled Jake and Sherry's end of the chapter essentially. Then came the final question of what comes first, Leon 4 or Chris 4. They both end at roughly the same time, though Chris's end cutscene also attributes to some of the beginning of Leon's Chapter 5 cutscene, and with how Chris's chapter is more isolated for Chapter 4 outside of the ending I thought Leon was a more appropriate climax to the main events in the city at that point. Also, gameplay wise, I think it's best to meet a certain type of enemy first in Leon's campaign for a number of reasons.

While there's some controversy I've had in debates with others of what ending chapter goes first and last, I feel pretty confident the order I chose for that works best for a number of reasons as well. Be interested to see how that works out for you.

Thanks Dusk! Im sure it's great. I'll be using it for my likely LP.

Dusk Golem

Just finished Jake IV.

........Ada.....
is such a fucking bad-ass. Still my favourite character in the franchise.

This I am going to be interested to see. I personally feel that Leon and Chris's Chapter 4 are the absolute best chapters in the game, though I don't want to hype you up for it as maybe it's something you can appreciate more if you don't expect it.

Dusk I won't read your spoilers just cos I don't wanna be spoiled on anything past what I've done already. :(

No, in earnest don't. I was just talking about why I placed what around what, if you haven't beaten Leon and Chris 4 yet I would advise you don't.

Nemesis_

This I am going to be interested to see. I personally feel that Leon and Chris's chapter 4 are the absolute best chapters in the game, though I don't want to hype you up for it as maybe it's something you can appreciate more if you don't see it coming.

Ahh okay. I'm excited! I need a break though, my eyes are starting to hurt ;_;

Leon III was definitely one of my highlights so far - so many references to past RE games and the locales you visited have such a great feel to them.

Besides Chris'
jeep chase
I am really enjoying this game and having a blast. Much more than I thought I would after playing that [weirdly misrepresentative] demo.

So, what's unlockable in Mercs right now / the methods? Or do we have to wait for RE.Net to go live (as we're hypothesising)

Dusk Golem

Ahh okay. I'm excited! I need a break though, my eyes are starting to hurt ;_;

Leon III was definitely one of my highlights so far - so many references to past RE games and the locales you visited have such a great feel to them.

Besides Chris'
jeep chase
I am really enjoying this game and having a blast. Much more than I thought I would after playing that [weirdly misrepresentative] demo.

So, what's unlockable in Mercs right now / the methods? Or do we have to wait for RE.Net to go live (as we're hypothesising)

For Mercs,
you unlock a costume for each character by getting an A in any stage with them, and seem to unlock Helena, Sherry, and Piers by getting an A on the three stages. You unlock the other two stages by playing Chris's and Jake's campaigns, and you unlock Ada by unlocking her campaign. Other stuff seem to be RE.NET/DLC stuff.

Nemesis_

For Mercs,
you unlock a costume for each character by getting an A in any stage with them, and seem to unlock Helena, Sherry, and Piers by getting an A on the three stages. You unlock the other two stages by playing Chris's and Jake's campaigns, and you unlock Ada by unlocking her campaign. Other stuff seem to be RE.NET/DLC stuff.

So (Mercs related)
There is two costumes (the campaign defaults) plus ONE extra per character unlockable right now? So Ada will have two costumes total unlockable RIGHT NOW?

Also, had a peek at the files. Can't wait to unlock and read them all - though a bit annoying a lot of the story (especially backstory) is relegated to these files. Still, the RE nut inside me is excited to check them out.

Anything that mentions
Claire
is good in my books.

Replicant

Got Rank B for Chris 1st chapter. I'm surprised. Definitely an improvement over Leon's 1st chapter where I got D. :/ And I admit I enjoyed myself a lot more now that I grapple with the control a lot better.

I must have missed one emblem though. Don't all chapter normally have 3 at least? I got the 1st two emblems of Chris' chapter 1.

Neiteio

So does this game have any epic fight themes that can give RE5's Wind of Madness a run for its money?

Fitting that the game that gave Wesker his sendoff also has possibly the best song in the whole saga.

Mr. Fix

So does this game have any epic fight themes that can give RE5's Wind of Madness a run for its money?

Fitting that the game that gave Wesker his sendoff also has possibly the best song in the whole saga.

You forgot Sad but True, but I see you there, Neiteio.

Dusk Golem

Got Rank B for Chris 1st chapter. I'm surprised. Definitely an improvement over Leon's 1st chapter where I got D. :/ And I admit I enjoyed myself a lot more now that I grapple with the control a lot better.

I must have missed one emblem though. Don't all chapter normally have 3 at least? I got the 1st two emblems of Chris' chapter 1.

Probably more. Each campaign has 30 emblems split between its five chapters, though I've figured out whenever your game loads to the next area (like has a loading screen) there will almost always be a blue medallion hidden somewhere around there.

Dusk Golem

This is going to be all opinion-based of course, but I can say that each final boss has a different orchestral theme for the campaigns. I have part one of Jake's and Chris's final boss themes up with no spoilers, if you care to listen, but there is more than this in the game:

Chris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCg3WelQCMo
Jake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYksdOKVOs

Neiteio

This is going to be all opinion-based of course, but I can say that each final boss has a different orchestral theme for the campaigns. I have part one of Jake's and Chris's final boss themes up with no spoilers, if you care to listen, but there is more than this in the game:

Chris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCg3WelQCMo
Jake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYksdOKVOs
Both are great, but wow, the Jake one has some really interesting instrumentation in there (electric bass, bells, etc).

I really liked the theme that plays during Ogroman during Chris campaign in the public demo. Any links to that?

Dusk Golem

Both are great, but wow, the Jake one has some really interesting instrumentation in there (electric bass, bells, etc).

I really liked the theme that plays during Ogroman during Chris campaign in the public demo. Any links to that?

Not off hand, but I can get on that whenever I get back on my main computer. Each campaign has a different style of music, Jake's actually has strange instrumentation like that all throughout his campaign. There's four different main composers for RE6, and I am under the belief each composer worked on a different campaign as their music styles are very different.

I like RE6 so far (Leon's campaign,
in the gun shop
), but I can only play it for short periods because the game is giving me mad motion sickness. I might have to dial down the camera speed.

Teknoman

After checking out the music Dusk posted, i'm feeling good about the soundtrack, but is there anything similar to the themes you'd hear in the RPD building from RE2? Or is it pretty much non-existant during non-battle gameplay?

News Bot

Banned
I'm noticing a lot of localization niggles too. Something as simple as getting the singular/plural thing wrong. Referring to things in the plural when they've only been talking about one of them for the past 5 minutes. I can't trust the translation of these games anymore, haha.

hamchan

Leon chapter 3 reminded me of Dark Souls.

Also everyone should definitely change the reticle back to RE4 style. Screw the crosshair,

Dusk Golem

After checking out the music Dusk posted, i'm feeling good about the soundtrack, but is there anything similar to the themes you'd hear in the RPD building from RE2? Or is it pretty much non-existant during non-battle gameplay?

There's really good music all-throughout, no worries. I linked to this yesterday, but I uploaded a random assortment of tracks a couple days ago for anyone who wanted to sample the soundtrack. The songs were randomly selected mostly, outside of a few I wanted to include.

Sampling 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-mVCTJ5l0
Sampling 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onboq4LjjVo

What I will say is, like the game, the soundtrack is very varied, but some songs did make me reminiscent on on old-school RE songs, a few worth mention in Leon's and Jake's campaigns.

Lucent

Liking Chris' campaign. Game is a solid 8 so far.

I have no idea why they made that default. It's fucking terrible.

I actually prefer it for some reason. The laser sight doesn't seem to work for me as well as it did in previous games. I dunno, maybe I gotta try using it more.

Lucent

I bought the game today , you can buy it here : http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-408652591--resident-evil-6-para-xbox-360-en-start-games-_JM

I just finished Leon's campaign and I loved it , damn the game is amazing guys and Mercenaries mode is even better than RE5

GOTY

Funny how so many people are full of hate and rage towards the game, but then there are people like you and others who absolutely love the game. And by the sound of it, you didn't even try to do the chronological order thing and still enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this.

News Bot

Banned
Funny how so many people are full of hate and rage towards the game, but then there are people like you and others who absolutely love the game. And by the sound of it, you didn't even try to do the chronological order thing and still enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this.

The chrono thing is completely unnecessary to enjoy the game. If anything, it would probably make the experience worse, as the game was not written chronologically.

Top Bottom