• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Bladenic

UGH the wait is killing me. I had pre-ordered at Newegg for $48 but they couldn't change the destination address without canceling my order and re-ordering. So now I have to pay $60 bucks but they'll give me the $12 credit which I could use on my Assassin's Creed 3 order to knock the price down to $36 (I think I could anyway). On the other hand, Amazon is offering $10 with a additional Mercs map.

But then I kinda wanna just go to the store and be playing it on Tuesday. Do stores regularly receive games on Tuesday, or is it still shipped on Tuesday, in stores by Wednesday?

hamchan

Ok, so talking of ai. How good is ai? I continue to think here, people exchange spectacular sequence with the gameplay entertainment. What's funny exactly in this game? QTE are weird, enemies ai seems weird, comrade even worse. What I have found funny in this game? The sequence of explosion, tons of ingame cutscene a la uncharted, but others than that I don't see nothing of entertainment.

Then stop thinking wrong. People have been blasting the ridiculous QTEs and praising the combat.

Dariso

Neo Member
sorry, meant to answe US PSN. Here in spain it's also available. But no, i'm not gonna buy it here. Although I downloaded the bonus and the game while in preorder. I wonder what will happen lol.

So you guys in Europe are also getting the bonus merc maps with the PSN pre-order right?

Weird that the US store didn't even get the pre-order option.

Bladenic

Good for you.

2hf0039l2bzw.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ok, so talking of ai. How good is ai? I continue to think here, people exchange spectacular sequence with the gameplay entertainment. What's funny exactly in this game? QTE are weird, enemies ai seems weird, comrade even worse. What I have found funny in this game? The sequence of explosion, tons of ingame cutscene a la uncharted, but others than that I don't see nothing of entertainment.

Who has ever evaluated an RE game on the basis of the AI? The AI does it what it needs to do to create the situations the designers want. That's true of the zombies in RE1 and the Ganados in RE4. Do people make fun of the fact that Ganados will run up to you then stop and slowly approach? Yes. But does it serve the game well? Yes. It fits with the other design decisions.

I don't know enough about RE6 in totality to make a judgment about the AI, but my extreme disappointment when I first played the demo had nothing to do with AI.

Good for you.

Now you're coming off as more fanatical than ErikB. Well done.

piotr47

Banned
It's just a lever on the wall to the left of the door.

I've seen it after the pause! It's just so dumb, I cn't understand this!!!!! Why the fuck get a lever to unpower an elctric door, if the lever is one meter aside?....

Come on, Capcom!?..... Don't put a lever and this is it!

Chris campaign is such bad game design. You're constantly out of ammo while fighting against thousands of enemies.
This will be the first game I only replay with enabled "unlimited amo" option aka cheating.

Sojgat

Yes but it brings up the menu and you have to scroll through a list anyway. What I mean is being able to set weapons to all directions on the pad, GoW/RE5 style. As far as I can see its not there.

This is true. It would be great if you could assign a hot swap command for the last 2 weapons you used at least. Then it would be way easier to pull out your knife (it doesn't use up stamina), as it is you have to memorize the number of D-pad taps for where a weapon lies on the horizontal scroll to be super fast. Clicking the left stick or holding down Y would be great options. Something like this isn't an option is it?

Question for those who already have the game. Are you guys playing with the reticle or the laser-sight?

Laser. I didn't love it at first, but skills can improve the amount of jitter if it bothers you.

Chris campaign is such bad game design. You're constantly out of ammo while fighting against thousands of enemies. This will be the first game I only replay with enabled "unlimited amo" option aka cheating.

Disagree totally. Skills upgrades help and Chris's melee is devastating, again knife also helps massively (hold back and A for repeated swipes) and be super accurate with your shots, try for the head, use the cover, but use it briefly, it really is a lot like Vanquish (please note: I am absolutely not telling you just to play better).

My settings for chris are:
- camera 5
- aiming 8
- always favor preferred hand when leaving cover

Nemesis_

The reticle is pretty awful. I can play quite fine without it. Not sure what that OTHER GUY in the OTHER THREAD was on about.

20something hours in, I've only got three more chapters to go before I complete. What a fantastic ride this is - and I cannot wait to sink into the fourth campaign too.

Leon IV and Chris IV were both pretty good experiences but I don't know if I would say they were the best in the game (as some have said). I do appreciate the return of a familiar enemy
albeit a combination of an RE4 and RE:Revelations type
and these scenarios that utilised said enemy were quite well done.

The opening of Leon IV was actually fantastic. Very nice and atmospheric little part to introduce the player to the chapter. I really enjoyed it - it wasn't anything over the top or anything but just something very simple and yet effective. The end of Leon IV was very high octane and felt like a classic Resident Evil climax, if that makes sense :p There were even (subtle) homages to RE2 I felt.

I really didn't like the mutation for
Derrek though. It seemed so weird and unResident Evil like.

Chris campaign is such bad game design. You're constantly out of ammo while fighting against thousands of enemies.
This will be the first game I only replay with enabled "unlimited amo" option aka cheating.

I had this issue early on - but from Chapter 2 onwards I really started to learn to use melee better. Ammo is definitely not a problem for me now. It's probably one of my biggest recommendations with the game (and I'm playing on Professional).

Also, be sure to invest in skills that reduce ammo consumption both directly (higher damage) and indirectly (more item drops)

the reticle is just a small help for those who, for whatever reason, could never adapt to the game. It's almost the same. I mean, you got the laser pointer, it's just telling you where it will be aiming when you aim. But the gun recoil will render it useless unless you do only 1 shot per recoil.

Neiteio

I took a peek at Chris' final boss -- WOW! The creature designs are always one of the main attractions for me in these games, and that boss does not disappoint.
Giant skeletal creature reminiscent of an Igavania boss, with tapering tendrils for a lower torso, the whole encased in translucent gelatin that gives it a solid silhouette.

SkylineRKR

Gah, 148/150 on Urban Chaos. But I start to like Mercs, because of the added mechanics RE6 has... counters and quick shot are great.

Nemesis_

The enemy design is pretty fantastic. Besides a few (and it's literally a few).

It's nice to see that not only is there variety in enemies themselves - but that the enemies aren't just shitty pallete swaps or anything, most of them seem to behave differently and each requires a separate/unique strategy to take down.

Very impressed in that regard.

The enemy design is pretty fantastic. Besides a few (and it's literally a few).

It's nice to see that not only is there variety in enemies themselves - but that the enemies aren't just shitty pallete swaps or anything, most of them seem to behave differently and each requires a separate/unique strategy to take down.

Very impressed in that regard.

agreed. Absolutely love the enemies designs i've seen thus far in this and they're a big step ahead of RE5.
I haven't been genuinely grossed out by a RE enemy in a LONG time but holy shit some of the fodder's mutations are just .....well gross!

Basically gave up on trying to play RECVX again and am just gonna jump right into this. CAN'T WAIT ANYMOE!

Mr. Fix

Actually, there's simply a complete list of all DLC in one of the files. I'll just copy and paste this (these are extremely minor spoilers):
Ada's Campaign with Coop
No Hope (Hardest Difficulty)

Wutttttttttttttttt. Not that really mind, in fact, I'm hoping it's true. I wonder if we'll actually get these. Should have been on-disc bla bla bla.

Was the
ability to play the game solo only unlockable through RE.Net?

Also, I'd love for there to be new DLC campaigns like LoN and Desperate Escape.

Teknoman

^ So the enemy design is tits?

Even just looking at the demo, they're better than 5.

Nope the games just bad period.

Not really. If you dont have fun with it, that doesnt mean its bad. Superman 64? That is a bad game. X-men NES? Also bad. Rogue Warrior? Yup. But when a game gets a mixture of great,good,average, and bad reviews, that stands to prove the point that the game isnt bad, it's just not everyone. I dont like Starcraft at all, but I can see why others would like it/have fun with it. On the flip side, I really like God Hand, but others cant grasp the combat system or think its too difficult. However, when a game is bad, its obvious to everyone.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What's that? You can play the game with just one character only only on screen as an option as an unlock? That's pretty damn neato if so.

Jawmuncher

Finally got my hands on the public demo
(I know I posted having the game earlier, but im deployed so I did get it early back home)
Gotta say though I love it.

Honestly surprised looking back at the comments on the public demo.
All 3 of the areas were pretty good in showing off a different feel and no screen tearing is really nice. Also the camera and controls feel much better than in the DD demo.

Cant wait to get back home and play the hell out of this.

Phenomic

So I'm about to start Leon's first Chapter and I'm loving the game so far. The only complaint I feel like I have (and it might just be because I got the game early) is that there isn't a good way to determine who I should play with. You figure you join in with someone that has a low timer, but I want a way to find people who haven't or just started into the chapter so I don't miss stuff.

Also I literally sit at this character selection screen waiting for hours and no one ever joins any of my games. No clue if people are even seeing my game as an option or just nobody is looking.

Risgroo

Didn't like Leon's final boss, but other than that I really enjoyed his campaign, much more than 5. Already worth the money IMO.

Sojgat

What's that? You can play the game with just one character only only on screen as an option as an unlock? That's pretty damn neato if so.

Pretty sure they just don't help you, no revives and stuff, they still open doors and do the co-op actions though. I haven't tried it yet, but the game is full of co-op gates and objectives certain characters can't reach, so I can't imagine it works any other way.

SkylineRKR

Lone wolves is as its description says; the AI just isn't going to save your ass. I guess its manageable if you have the fast recovery skill also. The benefit could be that you can see all those breakout moves without the AI interrupting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
...Mercenaries spoilers.

Not home right now so I decided to watch a stream online. They were playing Mercs, they were just playing around when suddenly an alert came saying detecting unusual readings and suddenly this gigantic BOW I had NEVER seen in the campaign was on the map and attacking them. WTF...?

Drain You

Forgive me if this has been asked aleady, I only glanced over the last 5 or so pages. Does anyone have an opinion on what order these campaigns should be played in? Will elements of the story seem repetitive or is there enough variation through each one? I was even contemplating doing chapter 1 through all three then moving onto the next chapter for each, but I don't even really know.

Lucentto

Banned
...Mercenaries spoilers.

Not home right now so I decided to watch a stream online. They were playing Mercs, they were just playing around when suddenly an alert came saying detecting unusual readings and suddenly this gigantic BOW I had NEVER seen in the campaign was on the map and attacking them. WTF...?

Is this stream going on now? If so, can I get a link?

Forgive me if this has been asked aleady, I only glanced over the last 5 or so pages. Does anyone have an opinion on what order these campaigns should be played in? Will elements of the story seem repetitive or is there enough variation through each one? I was even contemplating doing chapter 1 through all three then moving onto the next chapter for each, but I don't even really know.

All info is in the first post

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Its over now, but doing a bit of searching there's actually a topic on GameFAQs about it. Apparently
one of the loading screen tips mentions to look-out for secret bosses in Mercenaries, and someone was mentioning in one of the videos of the ship level on Youtube this happens in it and the player is attacked by one of those bee hive monsters.
See if I can find the mentioned video.

omonimo

Banned
Who has ever evaluated an RE game on the basis of the AI? The AI does it what it needs to do to create the situations the designers want. That's true of the zombies in RE1 and the Ganados in RE4. Do people make fun of the fact that Ganados will run up to you then stop and slowly approach? Yes. But does it serve the game well? Yes. It fits with the other design decisions.

I don't know enough about RE6 in totality to make a judgment about the AI, but my extreme disappointment when I first played the demo had nothing to do with AI.

Now you're coming off as more fanatical than ErikB. Well done.

So he can ironize, but not me, because I don't appreciate the game :/ Good Lord. Fanatic is who criticize the problems of the game & not who trying to defend it to all cost, I think the fanatic is more who support to all cost is favorite brand & become completely blind facing the reality. But ok, well done.

Lyonaz

Bah, it really sucks having a busted blu-ray drive. I could have been playing this game since friday, but instead have to wait for it to go up on the US PSN tuesday. =(

So he can ironize, but not me, because I don't appreciate the game :/ Good Lord. & the fanatic is who criticize the problems of the game & not who trying to defend it to all cost, tries to pass how minors, fascinating all the flaws. We are coming in that paradigm in this topic? Ok & where exactly I have said anyone can appreciate this game, just to understand. I think the fanatic here, are just who want to support to all cost is favorite brand & become completely blind talking of flaws. My real concerns is: how many of those people would have touched this game, if it wasn't a RE franchising & with total different characters/story.

What did I just read? :/

Top Bottom