• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Spazznid

What did I just read? :/

I read this and imagined your avatar saying it.... OMG.

So I can assume the PC version of RE6 will be equally gimped? I'm ordering the anthology for PS3 but I'll also get the PC version. PC for looks, and PS3 for the inevitable bonus content (RE5 GOLD)

omonimo

Banned
I read this and imagined your avatar saying it.... OMG.

So I can assume the PC version of RE6 will be equally gimped? I'm ordering the anthology for PS3 but I'll also get the PC version. PC for looks, and PS3 for the inevitable bonus content (RE5 GOLD)

Isn't it racist? I mean, kidding about the english syntax of someone... uh never mind. You are a junior. But the other, is a member, If I remember right.

Mr_Zombie

& here we go.

Well, your grammar in that post is really terrible, so it is hard to understand it.

Anyway, why do you think the only reason people like this game is because it's Resident Evil and thus they are forcing themselves to like it? Operation Raccoon City and various other RE titles (including RE5 - a mainline title) prove that being "Resident Evil" doesn't automatically make the game immune to criticism or maybe even hate. And yet you keep repeating that the game is awful and anyone who likes it lies and/or is a fanatic who would eat shit if it was labeled "Resident Evil".

There are at least two people in this topic that either didn't like (or even hated) the demo/early chapters but warmed up to the game after playing it for a while. There are even more people that state that the game is full of flaws and baffling gameplay decisions, that when the quality is low it's really low, but despite that they are having fun with it. Those people are playing the game. You're not. But yet you're trying to convince everyone that they are wrong and you are right.

omonimo

Banned
Well, your grammar in that post is really terrible, so it is hard to understand it.

Anyway, why do you think the only reason people like this game is because it's Resident Evil and thus they are forcing themselves to like it? Operation Raccoon City and various other RE titles (including RE5 - a mainline title) prove that being "Resident Evil" don't automatically make the game immune to criticism or maybe even hate. And yet you keep repeating that the game is awful and anyone who likes it lies and/or is a fanatic who would eat shit if it was labeled "Resident Evil".

There are at least two persons in this topic that either didn't like (or even hated) the demo/early chapters but warmed up to the game after playing it for a while. They are playing the game. You're not. But yet you're trying to convince everyone that they are wrong and you are right.

:/ Where? I never said this game can't like to someone. I find stupid who tried to pass the flaws how minors, or passable, because are not. About the fanatism, I have replied to someone who call me fanatic.

omonimo just keeps digging further. Sometimes it's better to put that shovel to rest, mate.

We get it. The game does not live to your expectations, and if we contradict your thoughts we're trying to censor you because brand blindness and trademark name, and because we're convincing ourselves it's good.

Did I get it all right?

SkylineRKR

Something in Jake's chapter 5 struck me as weird:

In his own campaign, hes with Sherry on the lift. And in Chris' hes with Chris. With different dialogue. I think its the very same scene otherwise.

Mr_Zombie

:/ Where?

Maybe not directly, but you keep implying that the only reason people like the game is because it's RE and because it has "spectacular sequences" while many already stated that this is not the case. Hell, we have Sectus, who I consider a master of Mercenaries (at least on GAF ;)) praising the game and I doubt you can find Uncharted-kind of gameplay (a.k.a. cinematic experience with tons of QTE and explosions) in Mercenaries. That mode lives and dies on pure gameplay, combat mechanics and enemy designs.

You also keep implying that the independent reviews will score the game low, unlike the "paid" ones that gave the game 8/10 or 9/10. But at this point reviews are really obsolete, because many people on this board played the game and shared their opinions on it. And dunno about you, but I trust Gaffers', people who I can discuss with, opinions more than some random reviewer's.

News Bot

Banned
:/ Where? I never said this game can't like to someone. I find stupid who tried to pass the flaws how minors, or passable, because are not. About the fanatism, I have replied to someone who call me fanatic.

Perhaps these flaws actually are relatively minor to some people? I mean, anyone bothering to reply to you is in a much better position to be able to tell considering they have actually played it and many have either found no issue with the controls, or have found that they take time getting used to but are otherwise okay.

omonimo

Banned
I was actually being serious. I re-read your post 2 or 3 times and I'm still puzzled. I'm not knocking you but I think you should consider proofing what you write. It kind of kills the debate if people are straining to get your point.
You mocked me, but nice try. I'm not ticklish, but I'm not a stupid. But it's ot.

Perhaps these flaws actually are relatively minor to some people? I mean, anyone bothering to reply to you is in a much better position to be able to tell considering they have actually played it and many have either found no issue with the controls, or have found that they take time getting used to but are otherwise okay.

For what it's worth, I've finished Leon and Chris's campaigns, and the controls are perfectly fine. That's not this game's problem.

You mocked me, but nice try. I'm not ticklish, but I'm not a stupid. But it's ot.

...and. I'm done.

Anyhow, I'm curious to see the reviews popping up for this tomorrow. I'm a pretty big fan of the franchise so I'll naturally be pretty forgiving of a few flaws. I realize the demo pulled areas out of context from a huge campaign so I'm still pretty optomistic that I'll enjoy myself.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Something in Jake's chapter 5 struck me as weird:

In his own campaign, hes with Sherry on the lift. And in Chris' hes with Chris. With different dialogue. I think its the very same scene otherwise.

Wait,
you mean after the cutscene? I actually didn't know you could get with different people on the lift. Both times I played Jake and Sherry got on one lift and Chris and Piers got on the other. Didn't know it was possible to do different combinations of people.

omonimo

Banned
Maybe not directly, but you keep implying that the only reason people like the game is because it's RE and because it has "spectacular sequences" while many already stated that this is not the case. Hell, we have Sectus, who I consider a master of Mercenaries (at least on GAF ;)) praising the game and I doubt you can find Uncharted-kind of gameplay (a.k.a. cinematic experience with tons of QTE and explosions) in Mercenaries. That mode lives and dies on pure gameplay, combat mechanics and enemy designs.

You also keep implying that the independent reviews will score the game low, unlike the "paid" ones that gave the game 8/10 or 9/10. But at this point reviews are really obsolete, because many people on this board played the game and shared their opinions on it. And dunno about you, but I trust Gaffers', people who I can discuss with, opinions more than some random reviewer's.

Well, I give a lot of credit to the review when the source are reliable. I'm a bit skeptical about the exclusive reviews before the embargo, after the MGS4 case it's hard to be trustful. Honestly, I don't discuss about the taste of the people, but I have a lot doubts about the goodness of the final product. Why Bayonetta was a masterpiece after the demo & RE6 still remain one of the worst thing I have played from a time? To me the demo seems enough long to understand what's gonna wrong in the game, personally I have not memory to drastical difference from a demo to the final game, in my personal experience. Well, probably RPG or particular game but is not the case. I'll bet all of those problems will still remain in the eurogamer review. Happy to be wrong, I'm the first who want a good RE game.

Lucent

I just don't understand why someone would continue to stay in a thread related to something they aren't interested in (at least, not after having played the demo). When I go over the MANY threads on here, if I see something I know I am not interested in, I don't even go into it. If it's something I'm curious about, I go in and see if I am interested. If not, I leave.

I think it's kind of pointless to keep trying to convince anyone a game is bad when the people that person is trying to convince feels the game is not so. If I like a game, you'll basically be trying to move a brick wall. You can say why you think a game isn't good to you, but you can't say "no, you shouldn't have to get over a learning curve". Because maybe it's not really that much of a learning curve. Some people just don't want to spend more than a few minutes trying to get controls to click.

But I mean, it's whatever you want to do. Just gonna ignore such posts.

gconsole

Saying game is bad (with reason of cause) is OK. But convincing people not to enjoy it is another thing.

Maybe we should ignore him for the sake of the thread ...

omonimo

Banned
Saying game is bad (with reason of cause) is OK. But convincing people not to enjoy it is another thing.

You can ignore me, but please stop to say this stupid bullsh!t about me because it's completely false. I'm tired to repeat again & again what I have said in the previous post. Thanks.

Lucent

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

I can't even understand what this mothafucka is even saying

No offense to him, but I'm thinking maybe English isn't his first/native language. Either that, or he's not really trying to write properly so that others can understand. It might make perfect sense to him, but I really only get the gist of it and just kind of trip over most of it.

I'm sure he's not a bad guy at all, though.

omonimo

Banned
That's pretty much what I'm doing.

No offense to him, but I'm thinking maybe English isn't his first/native language. Either that, or he's not really trying to write properly so that others can understand. It might make perfect sense to him, but I really only get the gist of it and just kind of trip over most of it.

I'm sure he's not a bad guy at all, though.

This post is full of hypocrisy, with all respect.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was actually being serious. I re-read your post 2 or 3 times and I'm still puzzled. I'm not knocking you but I think you should consider proofing what you write. It kind of kills the debate if people are straining to get your point.

I think he missed the point of my post anyway, which was that he sounds just as irrational in his hate as the extreme defenders are in their love. Yet he saw it as me singling him out because he's being negative instead of positive.

Luken

Hello,

I'm from Brazil and I'm trying to convince Capcom to release Resident Evil 4 HD for the Xbox Live Brazil.

On the Ask Capcom thread.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...83647/resident-evil-4-hd-for-xbox-live-brazil

Can someone help me convince Capcom to release Resident Evil 4 HD for us brazilians.

And if anyone buy the Resident Evil Archieves, and already have the Resident Evil 4 HD. Please, I beg you, send me the code for Resident Evil 4 HD in my private message, so I can finally play this awesome game, after a year waiting.

Resident Evil fan, Luken Cortez

Thanks.

SkylineRKR

Wait,
you mean after the cutscene? I actually didn't know you could get with different people on the lift. Both times I played Jake and Sherry got on one lift and Chris and Piers got on the other. Didn't know it was possible to do different combinations of people.

I deffo had Chris and Jake together in Chris' campaign. They would talk a bit about Wesker, with Chris promising he'll tell everything about Wesker once they're done with the war.

Riposte

This can't be the first time omonimo's poor english has become a topic here. I've been struggling with it for awhile now.

Surely by now people have cleared the all of the campaigns on Professional. Did a new difficulty open up?

Fabrik

Banned
I just finished the demo. Didn't like it much. It's true, the camera is too close, the impact feedback is not good and you can't shoot corpses lying on the ground to check if they're alive or not. I don't know something is off in the controls. I preferred the RE5 ones I think. There was too much mindless action and too many encounters. The Chris part was bad. Too much military stuff. The Jake/Sherry characters seem interesting though. I'll skip this one :-(

Lucent

I just finished the demo. Didn't like it much. It's true, the camera is too close, the impact feedback is not good and you can't shoot corpses lying on the ground to check if they're alive or not. I don't know something is off in the controls. I preferred the RE5 ones I think. There was too much mindless action and too many encounters. The Chris part was bad. Too much military stuff. The Jake/Sherry characters seem interesting though. I'll skip this one :-(

After all the military shooters that have been all the rage this gen, I can see how this can put people off. I don't like military stuff either. But, with the way things have been going, they were going to need more people to fight this than just a handful of people.

Hopefully you can give it a rent or something at least. This game definitely isn't for everyone though.

First cutscene uploaded. I won't be uploading any more until after the 2nd, but I'd like opinions on quality etc? That way I can move ahead with the rest rather than fiddling with encode options.

Looks and sounds great to me.

MarkusRJR

Just finished playing the demo. The Leon section was good but the rest was just terrible. Ugh. The last RE game I played was RE4: Wii Edition. What the fuck did they do to the series? It's just a third person shooter now with RE lore and characters. I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Metroid: Other M. Someone tell me the demo isn't indicative of the game. :(

Just finished playing the demo. The Leon section was good but the rest was just terrible. Ugh. The last RE game I played was RE4: Wii Edition. What the fuck did they do to the series? It's just a third person shooter now with RE lore and characters. I haven't been this disappointed in a game since Metroid: Other M.

Completely agreed. The Leon campaign seemed like the old Res Evil, but the rest - blah. I only played for a few minutes and in disgust, I turned it off. I am saddened by the direction that Capcom has taken with this series.

Sojgat

Well, I give a lot of credit to the review when the source are reliable. I'm a bit skeptical about the exclusive reviews before the embargo, after the MGS4 case it's hard to be trustful. Honestly, I don't discuss about the taste of the people, but I have a lot doubts about the goodness of the final product. Why Bayonetta was a masterpiece after the demo & RE6 still remain one of the worst thing I have played from a time? To me the demo seems enough long to understand what's gonna wrong in the game, personally I have not memory to drastical difference from a demo to the final game, in my personal experience. Well, probably RPG or particular game but is not the case. I'll bet all of those problems will still remain in the eurogamer review. Happy to be wrong, I'm the first who want a good RE game.

The demo is a very good representation of what's bad about RE6, every problem it has is in the final game and worse. I remained convinced those who liked it were all RE fanatics/zealots even after playing a good portion of it. Then I started to enjoy some parts myself, because there actually are drastic differences in the quality of the game. I cannot think of another game that has such meaningful swings in the quality of it's moment to moment gameplay. I wouldn't believe that until I had played it myself, so I don't really blame you for not believing, however, sadly it's the truth.

Some people may be blinded by their love of the franchise, but surely you can see not everyone is. You might just have to play it for yourself if you still want to, but trying to refute people's like of the game who have played the whole finished product , based on a demo many of the same people have criticised, will probably get you nowhere.

I cant believe I'm defending this fucking game.

Lucent

The demo is a very good representation of what's bad about RE6, every problem it has is in the final game and worse. I remained convinced those who liked it were all RE fanatics/zealots even after playing a good portion of it. Then I started to enjoy some parts myself, because there actually are drastic differences in the quality of the game. I cannot think of another game that has such meaningful swings in the quality of it's moment to moment gameplay. I wouldn't believe that until I had played it myself, so I don't really blame you for not believing, however, sadly it's the truth.

Some people may be blinded by their love of the franchise, but surely you can see not everyone is. You might just have to play it for yourself if you still want to, but trying to refute people's like of the game who have played the whole finished product , based on a demo many of the same people have criticised, will probably get you nowhere.

It's NeoGAF. Believe. =P

omonimo

Banned

Eh eh. I'm not trying to blame who find funny this game, but the point is I can't accept something of so inconsistent, especially in a so great franchising. RE in the past has suffered in the control setting, BUT, but those are perfect for the gender of the game who was. Design too, AI too, imho. But coming from demo, everything was a fucking disaster, confusing, without identity, I can't explain better. Leon part probably was the best, we don't care of ai, of level design, because it's all tension; but after the Leon what RE tried to do or emulate, is terrible: bland, bad AI, pointless gameplay design & other little details. This is why I hardly believe will never like to me, because I suspect a good portion of the game is like the horrible Jake/Chris session. A little ot: seriously what I have read here from a good portions of users, is simply disgusting. Just to be clear. Is not matter of irony, we are going beyond.

Lucent

You're still predicting everything based solely on the demo. How long can you really argue against people playing the full game. You can say that the clips you got to play in the demo were bad, but until you play the full game, you can't really say there is nothing to enjoy.

Top Bottom