• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

omonimo

Banned
You're still predicting everything based solely on the demo. How long can you really argue against people playing the full game. You can say that the clips you got to play in the demo were bad, but until you play the full game, you can't really say there is nothing to enjoy.

I don't like to punctualize but:
The demo is a very good representation of what's bad about RE6, every problem it has is in the final game and worse. & again I never saying there is nothing to enjoy. I have missed the count of the times who I have repeat this.

Sectus

Agent hunt mode is hilarious. I'll record a video of that later.

It's just too bad it's random matchmaking only. You can't set up private matches with friends.

Lucent

I don't like to punctualize but:
The demo is a very good representation of what's bad about RE6, every problem it has is in the final game and worse. & again I never saying there is nothing to enjoy. I have missed the count of the times who I have repeat this.

Nah it's okay. But, honestly, adjusting the camera and aiming speeds goes a long way in making it feel more like RE4 or RE5 as far as turning goes.

Gonna assume this is a spoiler but does it explain how Leon and Helena does not get inflected? Just think its weird how everyone around them is a zombie but they are fine. Plot armor as well :p

Nah it's actually the same opening cutscene for Leon's opening in the DD demo and Public demo. Nothing spoilerific really if you've played either demo.

Agent hunt mode is hilarious. I'll record a video of that later.

It's just too bad it's random matchmaking only. You can't set up private matches with friends.

So you mean me and a friend can't jump in a game together and troll people? =l lol

News Bot

Banned
Gonna assume this is a spoiler but does it explain how Leon and Helena does not get inflected? Just think its weird how everyone around them is a zombie but they are fine. Plot armor as well :p

It's just the same Leon opening present in the demos. :) As for why they weren't infected, only those who come into contact with the "fog" are infected. Leon and Helena were elsewhere at the time, evidently.

Sojgat

Gonna play through again as the partner characters, any favorites for starting with? Who has the most unique stuff in other words? I'm leaning towards Sherry.

triggaz

Banned
Gonna play through again as the partner characters, any favorites for starting with? Who has the most unique stuff in other words? I'm leaning towards Sherry.

You may have answered this bur what are your broad stroke thoughts on Jakes campaign? Haven't really gotten a consensus on it yet.

You may have answered this bur what are your broad stroke thoughts on Jakes campaign? Haven't really gotten a consensus on it yet.

I was wondering about this too. I only finished chapter 1, but I'm really enjoying the mix of gameplay in Jake's campaign. Mixing up the melee is also fun too.

Played the demo. Holy fuck it was terrible.

First off, the game looks like a muddy mess.
Two, the controls are actually worse than RE4/5.
Third, it's just boring. Chris' level was third-rate CoD.

Hope reviews/final game prove me wrong tomorrow.

~Kinggi~

Banned

I think half are gonna be sub-6 scores, like really bad, and the other batch are gonna be in the 8s. I dont think there will be very many that are clear 9+ winners outside of ones already released.

Sectus

So you mean me and a friend can't jump in a game together and troll people? =l lol

Nope. At best you can search for games at the same time and hope you get into the same one, but it's really unlikely.

It's a big shame they just didn't add a normal server browser.

Neiteio

I felt the same way at first. On a whim, I tried the demo again a couple days later, this time dialing the camera down to 2, bumping the aiming up to 7, inverting both and changing from crosshairs to laser sight. I also bumped the brightness up from the default 20 to 30.

But most importantly, I took the time to acclimate myself to the controls: How while running you can tap the aim button to slide, Vanquish-style, and fire your gun while doing so; how you can tap L1 and R1 simultaneously to do a quick shot, and subsequent taps send you rolling around firing rounds like a gunslinger; how the dedicated melee attack button is governed by a stamina meter, and you can still do context-sensitive attacks by stunning any enemy's limb or head first, or shoulder-check enemies by running at them and then doing a melee; how you can throw yourself to the ground by tapping X while aiming, and roll left or right in circles; how doing the slide (run + L1) can send you straight into cover when used against low-lying embankments.

Your combat and mobility options have actually been greatly expanded over RE4/RE5. The new HUD is quite useful, too -- it shows your remaining bullets down to the shell, visualizes your health in clearly segmented fashion and more. Also note that when you access your inventory (now an improved XMB-syle crossbar), you have to manually load the pills into your herb case to use them after mixing and such.

I'd recommend trying the demo again sometime. You might still hate it, but you might start to warm up to it as well. In my opinion, it really does click after awhile, and when it does you realize you have a tremendous amount of control and tactical options at your disposal.

I'm not gonna get this till the 4th because Amazon didn't have release day shipping. Maybe that's a good thing.

If you hadn't mentioned this I wouldn't have noticed, and I just checked my order status and indeed, delivery estimate date is october 4th but if I go to amazon and check the product page its says day one delivery. I'm conflicted, should I cancel my order and place it again? :eek:

The more you play the better the controls get. my first few times through the demo I was wanting the tank controls back.
after about my 3rd time it just clicked.

Astral

If you hadn't mentioned this I wouldn't have noticed, and I just checked my order status and indeed, delivery estimate date is october 4th but if I go to amazon and check the product page its says day one delivery. I'm conflicted, should I cancel my order and place it again? :eek:

That's weird. It doesn't say release day shipping at all when I check. It did mention it when I was choosing the delivery speed but I had to click on 1 day shipping which isn't free. It's not so bad. If the reviews tomorrow convince me it's bad then I'll just cancel it.

~Kinggi~

Banned

No, day one delivery requires one day shipping. I think its a policy change on launch titles and ordering them late. Seems to get the free release day you have to order further in advance. They never specifically mentioned ordering with One Day shipping and get release date delivery before. So unless you are willing to pay more for the shipping then i wouldnt change.

Lucent

I'm not gonna get this till the 4th because Amazon didn't have release day shipping. Maybe that's a good thing.

Odd. Mine still says estimated delivery is Tuesday October 2nd. It still says Not Yet Shipped, but they'll probably ship it tomorrow with overnight. Always seems to work that way.

EDIT: I'm Amazon Prime, too.

EDIT 2: I pre-ordered on the 26th.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Anybody get the PS3 version? Does it support Move and what is the performance like? Better/worse than RE5?

I have the 360 version preordered for now.

Astral

Odd. Mine still says estimated delivery is Tuesday October 2nd. It still says Not Yet Shipped, but they'll probably ship it tomorrow with overnight. Always seems to work that way.

EDIT: I'm Amazon Prime, too.

EDIT 2: I pre-ordered on the 26th.

You pre-ordered it on the 26th and it says the 2nd? That would mean I ordered it two days too late at most (I ordered it the 28th). That sucks.

The only thing that I think might have affected my order is that I updated the payment method, since I decided to apply some amazon credit that I got from other order!!

Sectus

in that gamemode that would mean essentially BOOSTING.

That's probably the reasoning they went with. But I'd prefer the ability to play with friends over leaderboards. It's not as if the leaderboards for that mode means much anyway. Top players are decided by time spent, not skill.

Someone who's played the game considerably, I have one very important question. The duck that the characters do if you hit Square/X when aiming your gun, is this ACTUALLY a dodge? Will high swings or attacks miss you?

haikira

Question for someone who's played the game. If I pick say Jake or Sherry at the start of their campaign, am i locked into whichever character I've picked at the start, for the whole campaign? Or do you get to pick your character every chapter?

Astral

Someone who's played the game considerably, I have one very important question. The duck that the characters do if you hit Square/X when aiming your gun, is this ACTUALLY a dodge? Will high swings or attacks miss you?

I've dodged several attacks, including gunshots, in the demo. It's a dodge. Also, if you press a direction on the analog stick after you duck, your character will also roll.

I've dodged several attacks, including gunshots, in the demo. It's a dodge. Also, if you press a direction on the analog stick after you duck, your character will also roll.

Extremely useful if you accidentally try to dodge before the aim button is fully pressed (prolly happens more on 360) and the character ducks instead. You can also press A/X a second time to cancel out of the duck into a dodge.

Probably already noted but another useful tactic is rolling forward, then pulling back on the left stick to spin 180 degrees upon hitting the ground.

Can't fucking wait for Tuesday.

Top Bottom