• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

cvxfreak

A giant * on my impressions is that I've only really played Leon's campaign and some of the Chris campaign.

Fair enough! :p

I'm getting the impression that RE6 draws from so many things. Whether it all comes together as a creative and original package is still up in the air for me.

To me, Revelations is a game I would consider to have been created by a team with a fair amount of creativity at the helm. I just replayed through it yesterday and today. It responds to many of the criticisms RE5 received, such as being able to move without shooting and having more horror elements, but it didn't go overboard in trying to meet oft-quoted expectations. It kept the bare minimum of RE4's gameplay with a few needed twists, like dodging. For me, it had the right balance of story, gameplay and visuals in a handheld package.

But who knows -- every RE has something special about it (except maybe Zero, although there are things about that one I like too), and I'm sure RE6 will be no exception.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How much fun is Agent Hunt Mode? It's hard for my mind to wrap around being effective in this game, thanks to how many options the cast has when dealing with enemies. It works in L4D, because the crew in that game can't do shit but push you away and fire their guns.

Trigger

To be blunt, this game has variety up the butt. A lot of segments were obviously inspired by other games. During the course of the game, be prepared to do everything from slow survival horror puzzles and exploration, dudebro action and warfare with tanks and troops parachuting from the sky, to being stealthy and avoiding getting caught in stylistic almost cell-shaded environments, to flying harrier planes.

It doesn't copy other games constantly, but it definitely pulls inspiration for a few segments.

This sounds very exciting and probably very messy.

Nemesis_

Chapter 2 was great, especially
the large, open area fights with the bosses.

Town Hall was the highlight there for me.

I forgot to mention a "big "thanks"" to "Nemesis_" for getting in the way, dying and being a general irritation during Leon III

:)

Umm, that boss battle is easily my WORST. I APOLOGISE but I helped you through the REST OF IT.

How much fun is Agent Hunt Mode? It's hard for my mind to wrap around being effective in this game, thanks to how many options the cast has when dealing with enemies. It works in L4D, because the crew in that game can't do shit but push you away and fire their guns.

It's actually quite fun - namely because there's so many different enemies to play as.

The repitition is awful
You have to play the worst level in the game two times
You have to fight bosses two times
You have to beat bosses several times because they won't die
I don't even know if anyone dies in this game. Every enemy seems to be Superman's son.
Are yo happy because you beat a vey hard boss? Yeah good but beware of the next corner and the corner after the corner, and the corner after the corner after the next corner.

Yeah, this is predictable.

Riposte

Fair enough! :p

I'm getting the impression that RE6 draws from so many things. Whether it all comes together as a creative and original package is still up in the air for me.

To me, Revelations is a game I would consider to have been created by a team with a fair amount of creativity at the helm. I just replayed through it yesterday and today. It responds to many of the criticisms RE5 received, such as being able to move without shooting and having more horror elements, but it didn't go overboard in trying to meet oft-quoted expectations. It kept the bare minimum of RE4's gameplay with a few needed twists, like dodging. For me, it had the right balance of story, gameplay and visuals in a handheld package.

But who knows -- every RE has something special about it (except maybe Zero, although there are things about that one I like too), and I'm sure RE6 will be no exception.

I'm going to say Revelations really didn't need dodging. It pacifies some tough enemies, while not never feeling the game was designed around it.

Oh I liked the 2nd half of chapter 2.

Those enemies that are like the Dilophosaurus in Jurassic Park and spit stuff at you sure messed me up

Yes, and
their big friends which look like mutated versions of Wrex from Mass Effect are a lot of fun to fight.

Best thing about the second half was upon entering the Town Hall, it looks like a derelict mansion :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

It's actually quite a bit of fun, but VERY different from L4D versus. Don't think of it directly like Versus, that is more balanced and is made more in mind of competition. This is kind of more... Just for fun. There are different leaderboards for the mode and such, but there is a lot of fun to be had to just join someones game and be a monster, can literally be any monster around that area outside of bosses. As the human, it is fun with the extra replayability and wtf moments humans can bring that the AI can't, and provides extra challenge of unpredictability.

It's less versus and more exactly as it's advertised as, the campaign except some of the monsters are human controlled. Once unlocked, you have an option to turn this on/off when making a game.

Riposte

It's actually quite a bit of fun, but VERY different from L4D versus. Don't think of it directly like Versus, that is more balanced and is made more in mind of competition. This is kind of more... Just for fun. There are different leaderboards for the mode and such, but there is a lot of fun to be had to just join someones game and be a monster, can literally be any monster around that area outside of bosses. As the human, it is fun with the extra replayability and wtf moments humans can bring that the AI can't, and provides extra challenge of unpredictability.

It's less versus and more exactly as it's advertised as, the campaign except some of the monsters are human controlled. Once unlocked, you have an option to turn this on/off when making a game.

Do you know when you've been invaded?

Nemesis_

You can turn it on or off BEFORE you even begin the game.

You only cannot invade others until you've completed.

Question re:puzzle in Ada II

What the fuck do I do? There are men hanging, I can shoot them down but they just respawn. =/

Nemesis_

So how long is this game for those that have already finished it?

I will try to post some pictures of my stats once I am done with the fourth campaign - but I am not sure if the in-game timer is reliable. I don't think it takes into account times that you die (and consequently resets the clock once you do so).

I will check though, either way. It is quite lengthy but.

Lachie007

Just picked this up. Played the first chapter of leon. Pretty good, liked the college setting and the underground.

Move support?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Do you know when you've been invaded?

The game tells you when a player joins or leaves, though this happens as well if they join as your AI partner. Not sure if there is a way to turn that on/off. That said, it won't tell you what monsters are human or not.

I expect 7s and 8s with the odd 9.

Some people will love it for the variety, action, graphics... others will hate it because it's not "Resident Evil".

We talking about "quality" time or did it feel slow/padded/empty/uneventful?

None of the game feels slow/padded/empty/uneventful.

There is always something happening; you're always moving forward. The sheer amount of different locales is rather staggering.

cvxfreak

When is Amazon going to take down the "Get a $10 Credit plus Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus"?

I think it's too bad they're not offering the $10 credit with the Archives/Anthology... I bought them both and could have used the $20 for the guidebook or something. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gamestop just called me, telling me that my three copies (he kinda laughed when saying this) are ready to go to be sold to me tomorrow morning :D

So hyped.

Yep. While versus normally means you are going for an entirely different thing, which is seeing how much points you can make, having rounds of survivors & infected, this feels like you're just an extra hop of difficulty because some supposedly AI creatures will not behave by any established pattern, which gives an unexpected feel to every playthrough. I think it's brilliant, and I hope it plays well (I still don't have the game, just judging from videos).

One thing is for sure, no one can blame capcom this time in terms of content. They gave us a very complete game, maybe with some lack of multiplayer modes

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does the game call out agent hunt enemies or do they appear like normal enemies?

ironcreed

Banned
8am PST is what Google tells me. Should be fun times in here, because I expect a lot of bad reviews.

Ah, OK then. T-minus 1 hour and counting until the bloodbath ensues. Will be some laughs for sure, but it will not kill my enjoyment when I get the game tomorrow. Nobody is going to rain on my parade.

Curufinwe

I'm honestly not sure. I've heard tons of different things from many different people. For one, apparently anyone who is good at either Gears or CoD can get into RE6 (the Chris portions of the demo) very easily due to some similarities in gameplay. I'll let others who've played the game already weigh in.

The Chris section from the demo plays nothing like COD. It's a really dumb, lazy comparison.

Top Bottom