• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

God I want to pick this game up so bad, but I cant handle the graphics that were in the 360 demo :(

All I remember from it is a rather grainy image and struggling to see zombies because it was a blurry mess. Not because it was dark.

Tempted to look at some screenshots of the final released game but don't want to see too much of the game before playing it.

Man this is the first RE game that I might not get day 1. I just have so little interest in this. I used to be the biggest RE fan around. This just looks like a generic 3rd person action. If I polish off borderlands today I'll pick it up. If not it have to wait till the new year.

Loving Leon's campaign, finding it more difficult than Chris and Jake's, but a lot more tension and traditional (RE4) gameplay with some fireworks thrown in.

God I want to pick this game up so bad, but I cant handle the graphics that were in the 360 demo :(

All I remember from it is a rather grainy image and struggling to see zombies because it was a blurry mess. Not because it was dark.

Tempted to look at some screenshots of the final released game but don't want to see too much of the game before playing it.

The game is good looking, much more hit than miss, though there are some areas that will make you scratch your head wondering if they were just upscaled off-cuts from older games :p

I havent played much but so far the framerate on ps3 is just as bad as the second demo, fuck this, it drops constantly.

EDIT: I've noticed something weird, it seems the game does a 4 GB background install as you play? Maybe thats what hurt the fps, will research further later tonight.

I havent played much but so far the framerate on ps3 is just as bad as the second demo, fuck this, it drops constantly.

EDIT: I've noticed something weird, it seems the game does a 4 GB background install as you play? Maybe thats what hurt the fps, will research further later tonight.

What?
There are no framerate drops, I play it on ps3

Edit: that is possible. In the first 15 minutes my ps3 was very loud (hdd noise?)

Replicant

Holy SHIT @ Jake's Chapter 5. QTEs from HELL.

F U Crapcom. Not even Quantic Dream can dream up a horrific QTEs like that one. It kind of ruined what otherwise was a boring but fine campaign for Jake.

What?
I wish i had your eyes. It drops all the time... in cut scenes, in QTEs, in heavy action, in large areas, the framerate is constantly dropping below 30. It's not as unbearable as dark souls or dragon's dogma but it's still really bad.

A few pages back someone posted a link to an analysis of the demo that showed the ps3 version averaged about 27 fps and would dip as low as 22 at times, i'd say the full release is no improvement on this.

Produce

What?

Edit: that is possible. In the first 15 minutes my ps3 was very loud (hdd noise?)

I noticed that as well. It is like the game was installing during the prologue level.

Nearing the end of Jake's campaign, I find RE6 to be a good game buried under stupid design choices and mistakes.
Like every vehicle section, especially Jake's motorcycle chase and the avalanche chase. Goddamn I want to punch whoever was in charge of these sections in the face so hard

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
haven't seen this answered yet,
alt costumes usable in campaign?

The reason this hasn't been answered is because right now most of the costumes aren't even unlockable. Until RE.NET goes live, we won't know.

THOUGH...

1.01 update for RE6 on PS3.

That's probably the update that includes RE.NET.

Holy SHIT @ Jake's Chapter 5. QTEs from HELL.

F U Crapcom. Not even Quantic Dream can dream up a horrific QTEs like that one. It kind of ruined what otherwise was a boring but fine campaign for Jake.

I might be alone in this, but I honestly didn't think that segment was that bad. It isn't very long either. Given I had played this campaign last and already knew how to do
the climbing QTE. You hold it, don't press it.

A series of messy boss fights is the true end? D:

I liked the bosses, but I think they're better if they come last
as they're the longest and the most confusing if you haven't done the other final boss fights yet. I got stuck at that rope part a while, though it did help e prepare for Jake's FB I will admit. XD

Dusk Golem

Wait, you can't unlock costumes without RE.net? Aren't they on the disc?

They are, and you can unlock one pair of costumes for Mercenaries at least (by beating any level with an A-ranking for that character), but the other two sets aren't available yet without modding. On the RE.NET trailer they tease you can buy costumes with Resident Evil Points you earn, among other things as one of the services as RE.NET keeps track of your RE points and will allow you to purchase things with the points you earn, host special limited time events, and other things.

Tried the demo. Gonna have to pass on this. The controls were dreadful and that framerate...I might give it another chance when the PC version eventually releases.

Nemesis_

Shitty shots from the new update. Annoying though since the RE.net website isn't even online yet.

dpZp8l.jpg

QkLIhl.jpg

Mf7i0l.jpg

UVNsPl.jpg

My "YOU HAVE FRIENDS ONLINE" screen came up after activating RE.Net

Can't enter my linkage code into the website for obvious reasons, though.

Tried the demo. Gonna have to pass on this. The controls were dreadful and that framerate...I might give it another chance when the PC version eventually releases.

Is anyone having framerate problems with the retail copy?

I haven't noticed any aside from a very small amount in Leon's campaign (playing on 360).

Nemesis_

No framerate issues at all.

I had one very noticeable one during the beginning of the first campaign but leaving the first area rectifies it.

But you know, the demo was a five to six month old build. Don't know why people thought Capcom would just sit on their hands for that period and let the game remain in the (terrible state) the demo was in.

Dusk Golem

Is anyone having framerate problems with the retail copy?

I haven't noticed any aside from a very small amount in Leon's campaign (playing on 360).

On the 360 version as well, in the final the frame rate issues and screen tearing are fixed for the most part. Heard the same of the PS3 version. The demo was of a several month-old build that was used for Comic-Con, though.

Sectus

On the 360 version as well, in the final the frame rate issues and screen tearing are fixed for the most part. Heard the same of the PS3 version. The demo was of a several month-old build that was used for Comic-Con, though.

Not sure if you're talking about the public demo or not, but if you are, the public demo is actually newer than the final build of the game. Final game is from end of July, while public demo is from end of August.

Although with the game getting a patch today, that might improve performance further.

hamchan

First two chapters of Chris were quite bad lol.

It's the level design. They need to have less cramped spaces, especially when the camera is so close. Also I keep accidentally sliding over cover instead of hiding behind them.

Liked Leon's much more so far. Didn't need to take cover once in that campaign.

Also the main menu music sorta reminds me of Batman music.

Dusk Golem

Not sure if you're talking about the public demo or not, but if you are, the public demo is actually newer than the final build of the game. Final game is from end of July, while public demo is from end of August.

Although with the game getting a patch today, that might improve performance further.

Are you absolutely sure about that? I ask since the public demo is identical to the Comic-Con demo that has been available at several events, and issues I had with the demo I didn't have with the final game pre-patch we're getting today.

Sectus

Are you absolutely sure about that? I ask since the public demo is identical to the Comic-Con demo that has been available at several events, and issues I had with the demo I didn't have with the final game pre-patch we're getting today.

I am going based of the build date which is timestamped on the executables.

MarkusRJR

I just had the story spoiled for me. It was so bad I had to ask another friend who was watching the same stream. He confirmed the awfulness. Quite possibly the worst plot I've ever fucking heard. I'm done with you Capcom.

Nemesis_

I just had the story spoiled for me. It was so bad I had to ask another friend who was watching the same stream. He confirmed the awfulness. Quite possibly the worst plot I've ever fucking heard. I'm done with you Capcom.

May I just ask what plot point?

There's a few that are "terrible" but upon playing / seeing them in the context of the game I am much less angry at them.

No framerate issues at all.

I had one very noticeable one during the beginning of the first campaign but leaving the first area rectifies it.

But you know, the demo was a five to six month old build. Don't know why people thought Capcom would just sit on their hands for that period and let the game remain in the (terrible state) the demo was in.

Looking at this video, and the framerate seems to crap out at this section just as bad as it did in the demo.

MarkusRJR

May I just ask what plot point?

There's a few that are "terrible" but upon playing / seeing them in the context of the game I am much less angry at them.
The reason behind the bio-attack and all of that cloning bullshit.

It's on the level of a 70's B movie story, but it doesn't go far enough so it just ends up being bad. It's not even bad enough to be that special enjoyable kind of bad either; it's the kind of bad where you just don't want to see it.

Feindflug

So the local store where I pre-ordered the LE hasn't send me an email yet that the game is scheduled for delivery tomorrow...I want to play dammit!

Oh well Mark of the Ninja & The Witcher 2 will keep me busy I guess. :(

Dusk Golem

About two hours before the review embargo lifts. As I have said since the beginning, I expect reviews to be all over the place. I expect a lot of people to come in here and use a few low scores to justify why the game 'sucks', while ignoring the good reviews and user impressions. I expect the same to happen for people to justify why it is 'good'. But it should be interesting.

All I can say is I hope people who are on the fence about the game read what has been said here, some really good input both good and bad. This topic is likely about to completely change as the game comes out tonight for many, reviews will be all over the place, and RE.NET should soon be available as well as friends should be picking this game up. To quote my first post in the topic.

birthdayblast.png

Let the polarizing controversy... Begin!

Nemesis_

About two hours before the review embargo lifts. As I have said since the beginning, I expect reviews to be all over the place. I expect a lot of people to come in here and use a few low scores to justify why the game 'sucks', while ignoring the good reviews and user impressions. I expect the same to happen for people to justify why it is 'good'. But it should be interesting.

All I can say is I hope people who are on the fence about the game read what has been said here, some really good input both good and bad. This topic is likely about to completely change as the game comes out tonight for many, reviews will be all over the place, and RE.NET should soon be available as well as friends should be picking it up so to quote my first post in the topic.

<3

Riposte

I just hope the reaction is as explosive as I originally thought. Quite a few people turned around since the demo's first impressions, so that may dampen the fun.

EDIT: There is a resident evil 6 review thread. Someone should bump it.

Top Bottom