• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

ArjanN

It's hilarious that 4 of the 5 women in this game all have cleavage in their costume designs. How lazy can their character designers/director be?

You're right, how much more work could it have been to have done that fifth one as well? So lazy.

Mr_Zombie

It's hilarious that 4 of the 5 women in this game all have cleavage in their costume designs. How lazy can their character designers/director be?

Well, there's a sixth one which is completely naked for the most part, so I think that balances things out. :p

On a more serious note, outside of cleavages I think costume designs in RE6 is really good. There's not a single character (outside of minor NPCs that die within few minutes anyway) that actually looks bad.

Played a couple of hours. Christ, so many QTEs. It's mindless fun but I hope Revelations does a better job at giving me the RE experience I want. Also, is it me or did RE5 actually look better?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I've been fucking around with KB&M lately and I think I've finally got the hang of it. Feels much, much better with a good multi-button mouse. Running is still a little "why'd I slide over that?" at times, but whatevs. Counters alone are hilariously easy this way. Racking up them +10s like it ain't no thang.

Also, I'm glad to see the PC version is being put to good use. (not quite work safe)

Jawmuncher

I've been fucking around with KB&M lately and I think I've finally got the hang of it. Feels much, much better with a good multi-button mouse. Running is still a little "why'd I slide over that?" at times, but whatevs. Counters alone are hilariously easy this way. Racking up them +10s like it ain't no thang.

Also, I'm glad to see the PC version is being put to good use. (not quite work safe)

This is pretty hilarious.

I use Fraps for recording.

I figured as much but wanted to be sure.

I started playing M/K.

Upon some advice from my peers on mumble I switched to 360 pad..

Not going back to M/K

Jawmuncher

I tried KBM and while I liked the smooth aiming, the games controls don't work well as they did with RE5. Mainly because of all the melee and dodging functions.

Glad I had a controller already.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Played a couple of hours. Christ, so many QTEs.

There are a lot of QTEs but you Y'know what's funny? So many people complain about them yet they seem completely oblivious to the fact that Tomb Raider has TWICE(if not more) as many QTEs as RE6 and no one complains about it. Weird.

I've been fucking around with KB&M lately and I think I've finally got the hang of it. Feels much, much better with a good multi-button mouse.

Laser sight or recticle?

Taruranto

Meh, i think i'm ready to unistall the game. I'm on Ada chapter 3 and i really don't feel like continuing at all. Once the novelty of the co-op started to wear off the ugliness increased.

Riposte

There are a lot of QTEs but you Y'know what's funny? So many people complain about them yet they seem completely oblivious to the fact that Tomb Raider has TWICE(if not more) as many QTEs as RE6 and no one complains about it. Weird.

No one is complaining about Tomb Raider?

Adam Blue

I've put 26 hours into this. Mainly all co-op. Someone posted a program to a Large Address Aware tool that fixes the memory issues.

Not as good as a whole as RE5, but so much fun content to make up for it. I love the combat system and the stories crossing each other.

AEREC

Having a hard time getting a high score with schoolgirl sherry on high seas fortress. I can get a high combo, it just doesn't seem like the score is all that high and time runs out fast.

Jawmuncher

PC version recently added this as free "DLC": http://store.steampowered.com/app/236080/

It's a bunch of wallpapers. They're actually rather nice. There's a bunch of renders I've only ever seen in the artbook before and they're all in 2560x1600.

Love it, especially the one with The ustanak battle.

Having a hard time getting a high score with schoolgirl sherry on high seas fortress. I can get a high combo, it just doesn't seem like the score is all that high and time runs out fast.

Are you doing regular or no mercy?

Apologies if this has been answered before (searching couldn't find it) but is there any way to turn of the strange auto aim thing the game has going on? The pointer at the center of your crosshair keeps dancing around when you're aiming at enemies and it's really fucking annoying. I'm assuming that's some kind of auto aim.

Manu

Apologies if this has been answered before (searching couldn't find it) but is there any way to turn of the strange auto aim thing the game has going on? The pointer at the center of your crosshair keeps dancing around when you're aiming at enemies and it's really fucking annoying. I'm assuming that's some kind of auto aim.

There's a steady aim skill, is one of the cheapest ones. It doesn't do much, though.

Once you get a hold of the aiming there will be no need for it.

Riposte

I think you are talking about crosshair swaying. You "turn it off" by equipping a certain skill (and leveling it up), unless you are playing No Hope Left.

Capcom and Valve have decided to work together in creating crossover content between Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead. On April 5th, you will be able to play as L4D2 characters (with unique loadouts) and face two L4D enemies in The Mercenaries and other side content.

Almost here, amagad.

ArjanN

So the Napad enemy in L4D2 is essentially a Tank skin, I wonder what they'll do about Ogroman though, considering he's as tall as a building. Mini Ogroman? :p

There are a lot of QTEs but you Y'know what's funny? So many people complain about them yet they seem completely oblivious to the fact that Tomb Raider has TWICE(if not more) as many QTEs as RE6 and no one complains about it. Weird

Ton of people have whined and complained about the RE6 QTEs

jediyoshi

I can access the L4D characters now.

Are they actually live though? Figured the patch today threw their assets in but I'm not seeing anything in mercs

edit: nvm, i see em. i guess they're no mercy exclusive

Here are the loadouts

DMmYY07.jpg

uTbejmK.jpg

7upcmTT.jpg

zpoaluZ.jpg

Gyrian

Left 4 Dead 2 cast is only enabled in No Mercy mode, and you get prompted on whether you want to use the monsters, too.
Just tried Coach, and this gets its own soundtrack from intro to match to end screen!

Also met the Witch, she has her own usual musical cue too. Pretty neat!
She behaves like a Bloodshot, except that it takes several counters to kill her.

First impression is that this is surprisingly well integrated. :0

Gyrian

It's a shame to keep these characters confined to No Mercy alone.
Predator would be very nice to tackle with this ensemble.

PS: Someone mod Coach and Ellis for the Chris campaign!

ArjanN

Left 4 Dead 2 cast is only enabled in No Mercy mode, and you get prompted on whether you want to use the monsters, too.
Just tried Coach, and this gets its own soundtrack from intro to match to end screen!

Also met the Witch, she has her own usual musical cue too. Pretty neat!
She behaves like a Bloodshot, except that it takes several counters to kill her.

First impression is that this is surprisingly well integrated. :0

I kind of forgot how unnerving the witch musical cue is. :p

Gyrian

After a solid session with the entire cast, I have to say this is all rather well integrated.
A tip of the hat to Capcom and Valve, this is a really nice extra to have.

I do hope they officially bring the characters out of No Mercy, however.
Maybe when the next round of MP Mode DLC kicks in?

Another neat bit, the Witch at least isn't just a re-skin of a Bloodshot with more health. It's hard to see with the chaos that is No Mercy.
She does have some of her L4D behavior, like running very quickly straight at the player.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I'm pleased with how well they integrated this as well. However the song they chose while good I can see for me personally getting tiring quick.

Gyrian

However the song they chose while good I can see for me personally getting tiring quick.

That's crossed my mind as well, but I'll hold out on judgment.
Tens of hours of regular Mercs; I would've sworn that muting the theme was going to be inevitable yet it's somehow not gotten old for me.

Heat on Beat 2012 Forever!

Played most of Leon's campaign co-op with a friend.

Damn this game is bad. It can be fun, but most of the time it's just irritating to play.

Just tried out all the new characters. I hadn't played No Mercy mode yet, so it was quite the shock. The amount of active enemies is unbelievable! On the other hand, it seems like supplies drop way more often, so I was rarely lacking for ammo, which is nice. Here's my opinion of the characters:

Coach: The worst of the four. His loadout would be quite good in normal Mercs, but not having any automatic weapons is a huge negative in Mercs. The shotguns in general feel pretty weak, and the slow reload times are even more dangerous when unloading an entire clip just means you've thinned the herd by half or less. Rocket Launcher and magnum is nice, though; he's great at fighting boss monsters.

Ellis: Better than I expected. I had anticipated him having the same issues as Coach, but spamming the pistol worked surprisingly well for me, and the automatic sniper rifle's penetration means you can make those five shots between reloads count. Anti-tank gun is plenty useful and has a nice clip size. He's the only character I've almost run out of ammo with, though.

Rochelle: A bit strange, but a good fit for No Mercy. Grenades EVERYWHERE. Toss a grenade, pick up two more. Enemies are always clustered up and ready for destruction. The Ammo Box 50 is a serviceable automatic weapon for clearing some space, and the magnum lets her drop dangerous targets quickly.

Nick: My personal favorite. A powerful assault rifle combined with a grenade launcher (which is loaded with explosives) with some nitrogen rounds in reserve? Brutal! I've also seen explosive and acid rounds drop from enemies, so you can restock it fairly easily. THREE whopping first-aid sprays makes you nigh-invulnerable, when combined with all the supplies the levels provide as well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And for anyone who's interested, the Witch is a Bloodshot except with more health, a lot faster, and delivers more damage (along with the Witch's theme and sounds). The Tank is a Napad, except it delivers a lot more damage, some of the animations were made a bit more Tank-like, and more health.

Riposte

I was concerned (while watching the trailers) that the characters wouldn't have voice work... is that the case?

Top Bottom