• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Wazzy

Banned
apparently some gaffers already know that there's zero combat, all you do is slowly walk around, no inventory, and has no other modes, all that from a teaser.

That's what's confusing the shit out of me. People are acting like we have full gameplay, characters and story confirmation when we legit know nothing.

If it ends up to be a full reboot then I'll be hesitant about this game but as of now we don't know anything lol

Sheroking

Anybody remember what the reaction was to RE4 going TPS?

Serious question.

Resident Evil, as a franchise, got kicked around for YEARS before Resident Evil 4 for being dated and derivative.

People were open to a change, and when we actually got RE4 gameplay footage and trailers - they were astounding.

ika

I think this and Zelda are the only things are saving E3 for me... Can't wait to download the demo (I'll need an unused 14-day free subscription I got somewhere since I refuse to pay PS+)

I love the P.T. vibes but I'm sure it will be more action oriented. I wonder if Capcom are going back to that old RE4 version where Leon was infected by a virus that made him see "ghosts" and objects moving... And that black smoke shadow... *so good*

Japanese title:

Ck4QbE8XEAUNxFd.jpg:large

neat how they worked 7/VII into both

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not what I wanted from RE.

Idk, I'll try it, but all hype has evaporated.

Anth0ny

I was really hoping for this not to be RE7. I suppose we don't know much about it yet but that looked nothing like what I want out of the games. I'd rather have more janky shootbang than jumpscare no combat youtuber bait. Here's hoping it was just misleading.

This really is the last thing I want. Hoping this trailer was cut just to make a great impression (which it did), and the actual game takes more influence from REmake.

Another thing I hate is how sanitized this looks. Where the goofy animeness? Is the main guy gonna be dressed as a Magical girl firing rocket launchers the size of people? This looks like every horror game right now on early access. Capcom is just following trends now.

Ninjimbo

I'll reserve some of my thoughts until I actually play this thing but man, fuck, was that trailer disappointing. While I was watching it, I just wanted it to end because it looked so trite. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was RE7.

RE usually brings it when it comes to trailers. Shit, even RE6 had a kick ass trailer. This was so anemic right out of the gate.

Damn.

Top Bottom