• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Japanese title:

Ck4QbE8XEAUNxFd.jpg:large

Jesus, Capcom. I was just kidding.

Pretty cool though.

Pagusas

Elden Member
How can people complain about this yet like RE4??? This looks great, an actual return to horror and atmosphere as apposed to the shit actions games RE became.

tesqui

The demo is the first hour of the game apparently.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi...-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Gin

for people hating on the game... y'all need to chill..

that old ass mansion definitely gonna open up to some crazy ass 100 floor umbrella facility below with wesker fighting you non stop with cheesy one liners..

What is this? Did you just make this up? ;p

edit: mystery solved

kc44135

How did you determine all that from what we've seen?

I said "seems". I'm basing my impressions off what was shown. The main character appears to be an average Joe who doesn't even know how to use a weapon, and most games of this style have no combat or resource management of any kind. Believe me, you don't know how badly I want to be wrong about this game. I want to play the demo, eat crow, and tell all my friends how awesome RE7 is. But right now, based off what they've shown, this isn't the game I wanted.

I don't have a source, but in the trailers posted there were a bunch of over-the-shoulder shots spliced in.

Of course, that could be cutscene, bit either way, this teaser stuff isn't indicative of anything.

Another thing I hate is how sanitized this looks. Where the goofy animeness? Is the main guy gonna be dressed as a Magical girl firing rocket launchers the size of people? This looks like every horror game right now on early access. Capcom is just following trends now.

The trends say horror is in right now, why wouldn't they follow them?

ZombiU is first person and is one of the best, true to its inspiration, survival horror games in years. I'm pretty sure capcom knows what they're doing. Just because it's first person doesn't mean it's going to lose the classic RE survival/resource management mechanics.

ZombiU fucking rules.

This is certainly an interesting turn. They were clearly throwing whatever they could at the wall for RE 6 and it showed, so if this leads to a more cohesive game then I'm all for it.

Does anybody know the song that plays during the trailer?

Shredderi

I kind of liked Resident Evil as a third person thing so the FPS aspect has me wary but at the same time I'm excited for the series to try something fresh.

ZombiU is first person and is one of the best, true to its inspiration, survival horror games in years. I'm pretty sure capcom knows what they're doing. Just because it's first person doesn't mean it's going to lose the classic RE survival/resource management mechanics.

ZombiU fucking rules.
That game was so boring, i think i only got to the second chapter or so.

Top Bottom