• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like this is becoming a theme with games this E3. Again, I really like what's happening here and would rather see this than a retread on where 6 left us. However, why is this Resident Evil? Why not get rid of that tired story and just make this a new IP?

carlsojo

Just my two cents as someone who's loved these games since my parents let me rent RE2 on the N64: I loved the horror aspects, and RE4 was my favorite of the series. RE5 wasn't the worst, but it was a step in the wrong direction. 6 was just awful. There are plenty of good action games. Give me a good survival horror game. Give me RE7!

Got bottom page'd so I'll say i again. I don't think this demo will be fully indicative of how RE7 will play beyond them both being 1st person. This demo will be more of a fully realized Kitchen, Capcom wants this to be the P.T to RE7's Silent Hills.

Pooya

Can't stop laughing. If there wasn't a RE7 mention at the end I would have never believed it. Bold move or crazy move?

It's both, but it's more crazy than bold, I think this is like the most extreme response they could come up with to the reception of RE6 and its reviews, it doesn't make much sense. They think they need to pull off another RE4 like rebooting of the series and that's probably right but not like this, Capcom just doesn't have those creative minds at the top anymore, this feels like oh look people on internet liked P.T., let's do that because we have no idea what we're doing with RE.

Teknoman

What? they have revealed it themselves.

-All first person
-Heavy horror atmosphere
-Gritty photorealism

That is describing Outlast, not RE. The only thing RE about that is what western gamers always clamored on about what they think RE was originally which it actually never was.

Yeah, I was there. I've been here since RE1. Those people who were upset over RE4 were morons.

Then you realize if you axe your first point, you describe REmake.

Best thing to do is make a Mercenaries spinoff to satisfy the ''6" crowd and the mainline RE is pure horror like this trailer showed. Im glad RE is back.

vpance

With all due respect, glad this stuff is Deader than a Crimson Head.

Resident Evil is finally reborn and rising from the ashes.

This has Huge Bomba written all over it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it actually ends up being a decent experience, but I bet RE8 will be yet another reboot.

Koyuga

I remember when I saw Resident Evil 4 for the first time, the version that we got with all the Ganados and action and stuff, I was pretty upset and wrote the game off for being "too different" and "not resident evil", it seemed like a pretty huge betrayal to what the franchise is supposed to be.

Then I played it, and it's my favorite game of all time.

This time, I'm excited. Even more so knowing that we have a remake of Resident Evil 2 on the way.

In reference to Wesker being dead. MP raid mode characters dont mean a damn thing. I can play as a giant teddy bear in REV2s raid mode.
And they killed off Wesker in first RE game and never showed in RE2 and 3 but came back in Code Veronica. My point is moot.

joe2187

Banned
Best thing to do is make a Mercenaries spinoff to satisfy the ''6" crowd and the mainline RE is pure horror like this trailer showed. Im glad RE is back.

This is what I've been asking for since Mercs 3D man.

Umbrella corps is....eh...but RE5/RE6 Mercs in one package with maps from all the games is my dream game.

Seeing on twitter a thing about Capcom hiring a designer that worked on PT (Jordan Amaro) awhile ago. Any way to confirm that? If so. Goddamn.

I'm just baffled that people can't even be remotely interested in ballsy decisions for the Resident Evil and God of War franchises and are already outright dismissing them. That's so simple minded.

Kysuke

This has Huge Bomba written all over it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it actually ends up being a decent experience, but I bet RE8 will be yet another reboot.

RE 1-3= Fixed camera. Far from player
RE 4-6= Third person. Closer to player
RE 7-9= First person? Inside player!

I cracked the code!

jediyoshi

fY9xoC8.png

There's your inventory

Strider7

i'm a big fan of RE, i have all the games, the 2 CG movies, the books, the mangas … and now i'll pass 7. They made it a first person game ... what the hell capcom?!

I'm right there with you man. I'll still get this but, man... What the hell? Totally not what I come to Resident Evil for.

Resident Evil hasn't been Resident Evil since 2002.

This is at least far more interesting than another game like RE5 or RE6, or the Revelations games. Color me excited!

TyrantII

Seems like this is becoming a theme with games this E3. Again, I really like what's happening here and would rather see this than a retread on where 6 left us. However, why is this Resident Evil? Why not get rid of that tired story and just make this a new IP?

Branding.

You don't throw out a multi-billion dollar movie/game/others brand. You retool it to keep it alive and in mind space.

Top Bottom