• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

jesus christ you fucking fanboys are killing me

you haven't played it

you havent had a good scary game in the series for in years

"the game has already failed"

hahahaha fuck off

Duxxy3

Where is my over the top third person action game?!?!?!? I want the sequel to this:

GIF2244e.gif

Save the Outlast shit for a spin off. I really hope it is just a misleading trailer. :(

There's always...

dead-rising-4-screenshots-gif-leak-146575627292.gif

I would rather a third person RE like 4, but I've been playing the series long enough that I at least need to try the free demo.

I will say, even since RE6

The terror has gone global

We've all been desensitized to to these horrific events

The loss of life, the grotesque remains

But none of that matters

When it finally happens to YOU

muahahahhahahaha

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They really need to ditch the ridiculous lore from the previous installments. I actually thought this was a reboot for the franchise.

Cue in Wesker appearing eventually somewhere throughout the game. Ugh.

Title has a '7' in it. Why will you thought its a reboot?

How the fuck is it being first person make the game bad?

It really doesn't. Many of the best horror games of all time have been first person.

Some people just have a personal preference against first person for whatever reason. I'm glad I don't. I would have missed out on greats like Alien Isolation otherwise.

Jawmuncher

You know I think something is up here. Now that I've slowed a bit.

You have RE7 which was converted from Kitchen
You have Remasters coming out
You have Umbrella Corps
You have a canon CG movie coming with Leon, Chris, and Rebecca
You have RE2make coming
You also have the live action movie coming

I feel like Capcom is just going all in. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see another game like RE6. At this point seems they're just trying to fill every hole they can.

The biggest question is why call it 7. I wonder if it was a case of getting screwed over on the phanta Rhei engine and having something cover RE would be better than nothing.

The old fart in my brain is concerned about a lack of a proper third-person mode ala every other mainline entry in the series, but another part of my brain is saying, why the fuck not.

Beaulieu

Buch of grumpy people in here that cannot accept change :)
Series has been stale for the longest time, a change of direction is most welcome !

Is there really a demo or was that a brank ? Maybe change the thread title ?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks fantastic....but Resident Evil is dead now, this is a new IP with its name.
Or a reboot with a different direction.

ryan13ts

I'm not sold at all. Looks like they're trying way too hard to emulate P.T./Silent Hills, considering all the praise that got before cancellation. I really don't like it being first person only, since all the mainline games were 3rd and I don't need to remind anyone where 1st person led RE down it's first trek. Also, this better not be a game where you can only run and can't fight anything, that would be... Ugh.

I'll try to give it a fair chance, but I'm not impressed right now. And this is from someone loved this series to death before 4 and still considers REmake his all time favorite game.

N30RYU

i'll just say it again... for the ones wanting to try the jap demo. if you have never been a ps+ member before. if you try to use the cloud storage sony gives you 24h of free ps+.

Blueblur1

I don't remember if I posted in this thread already... But man, what a disappointment. I wasn't happy with RE6 but I loved RE4 and would've been happy with another one of those games (character in an isolated setting with little awareness of whats going on with RE4/5 gameplay). This is not what I asked for.

rafa

Neo Member
Kinda bummed they're calling it Resident Evil 7. I wish they would have just called it Biohazard.

In any case, it looks amazing and I can't wait to see more.

sega4ever

jesus christ you fucking fanboys are killing me

you haven't played it

you havent had a good scary game in the series for in years

"the game has already failed"

hahahaha fuck off

this was the game that was supposed to bring resident evil back to its roots right? how is turning it into an outlast/alien isolation game going back to its roots?

Shredderi

This better not be a "hide and run only" kind of game. I don't want RE to be a shootbangfest that RE6 was but I also don't want another Outlast. I want a survival horror action game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Where is my over the top third person action game?!?!?!? I want the sequel to this:

GIF2244e.gif

Save the Outlast shit for a spin off. I really hope it is just a misleading trailer. :(

Currently trying to force myself to polish off the Ada campaign just to be done with this thing entirely and I want none of this ever again in RE.

Not digging the switch to first person, but I guess I have to try it out first before shitting on it. Really enjoyed the reveal, though!

Beth Cyra

He stayed dead in one game. REV2 is a prequel

So it doesn't matter if it was a prequel.

They didn't try to force him in even there, and the fact is he stayed Dead in 6. There is little reason to assume Capcom will force Wesker when they can have references with characters that are possibly alive.

Vibranium

Banned
As a classic RE fan and someone who really liked RE4 as action, I'm actually...super excited for this! I'm game for trying new things again. I'm also fine with first person.

kc44135

I'm incredibly wary of this tbh and I really need to play the demo.
If it's just like every other fps horror game aimed to attract the youtube pewdiepie fake scream crowd then the game can float in the flames of hell for all I care.

However I've been thinking about it and this could be an interesting step for resi evil to take.

If they make it a slow paced horror games set in a large environment where you have to solve puzzles using the move controllers and explore/uncover the secrets of wherever it is set then that could be pretty could. Ammo and weaponry could be scarse and each encounter with an enemy would be a choice of do I use ammo that could be useful later to make now easier or do I try and slip past unharmed. Combat would of course be a mixture of guns and melee weaponry all aimed through in first person through using the motion controls of the move. VR is mandatory for the game.

Essentially what I'm trying to describe is a classic style resident evil game that is in VR first person. This would give classic fans the experience that they want whilst appealing to the newer audience as well. Sadly I don't think we're getting this.

Anyone else agree with me?

Yeah, I might be okay with all that. I could live with first-persaon, even though I'd really prefer third-person or fixed camera angles. However, I don't think this is what we're getting. The trailer made this seem like Outlast meets P.T. with RE7 slapped on the box.

Ashby

This better not be a "hide and run only" kind of game. I don't want RE to be a shootbangfest that RE6 was but I also don't want another Outlast. I want a survival horror action game.

Yeah, I'd rather this be a Condemned rip-off than an Outlast rip-off.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Lol

There hasn't been any proper gameplay or story reveals. Your claims are moot until otherwise. Good grief. Relax.
What? they have revealed it themselves.

-All first person
-Heavy horror atmosphere
-Gritty photorealism

That is describing Outlast, not RE. The only thing RE about that is what western gamers always clamored on about what they think RE was originally which it actually never was.

This is a capable team. I fully expect novel gameplay features suited to first person. They've done the other games to death. People acted like you when 4 was announced.
Yeah, I was there. I've been here since RE1. Those people who were upset over RE4 were morons.

Valtýr;206928061 said:
So Resident Evil is allowed to transition from tank controlled fixed camera style to 3rd person tank control shooter to 3rd person shooter but because it's shifting to another perspective it "isn't Resident Evil"

What the hell even is Resident Evil at this point? It's whatever they decide it to be.

People forget that RE is a lot of things right now.

RE is Rev 2, a mix of old school gameplay and action.

RE is REmakes, a focus on keeping the older titles relevant.

RE is RE7, a more methodical and possibly similar take on previous games but without the cheese and more straight up horror.

Instead of being a singular thing, the series has branched out to different parts. Some people unfortunately aren't going to get their shit front and center for mainline games. And I can definitely see why someone wouldn't want to play a game in first person the entire time even if the game is suited like the previous ones.

But Capcom is trying hard to balance this for the fandom. The same fandom that put in millions of dollars into RE6 but hated it. Same fandom that wants REmakes. Same fandom that wants straight up horror.

I'm surprised we aren't getting some straight up action tbh.

Beaulieu

i'll just say it again... for the ones wanting to try the jap demo. if you have never been a ps+ member before. if you try to use the cloud storage sony gives you 24h of free ps+.

so the demo is only on Japanese PSN store ? Cant the title of the thread be reajusted ? Most confusing / misleading thread in the history of gaf.

TyrantII

GIF2244e.gif

With all due respect, glad this stuff is Deader than a Crimson Head.

Resident Evil is finally reborn and rising from the ashes.

Top Bottom