• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

It's absolutely a bold move. Very strange for their flagship title...

For those displeased, at least find comfort in the upcoming RE2make. ;)

I disagree. It seems more like they just threw in the towel on making a competitive AAA action game and are just using this change of direction as a justification to radically lower the series' budget and scope.

I'm really sorry, but you're wrong. Just look at the new direction they're taking things!

1418.gif

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
I don't know what to think about the new Resident Evil. So far this looks rather like a new franchise than a RE game :/

I'm not convinced that this is the next big instalment of your most popular franchise and the game the Resident Evil team started working on after Resident Evil 6. This looks like and indie title that could be made in a year.

I'm disappointed.. This is not for the old or the new fans.

Foxxsoxx

Finally a RE that has my attention. Let us all forget the cringefest that was RE5-6.

I'm not convinced that this is the next big instalment of your most popular franchise and the game the Resident Evil team started working on after Resident Evil 6. This looks like and indie title that could be made in a year.

Speak for yourself, this looked great. The series needed something to keep it fresh after all these decades.

Ghazi

🤔

Hasney

Where is my over the top third person action game?!?!?!? I want the sequel to this:

GIF2244e.gif

Save the Outlast shit for a spin off. I really hope it is just a misleading trailer. :(

9QQLYmd.gif

You've had your 3 mainline games, just like I did before the unfortunate change to action (bar 4). It's time to evolve again.

craziegamer01

Neo Member
I never would've guessed this was Resident Evil, but God damn it it looks fucking perfect!!!
And it's in VR too, which is awesome! Super hyped for this. Haven't been interested in RESI since they went the action route with RE4.

Varg

Banned
Guess this is the reason why they are making re2make, to please old fans like myself. I literally felt sick after seeing the resident evil name at the end of that trailer . A vr walking simulator is what I see so far . I'll be happy with resident evil 2 remake though, the new generation can have their type of game too.

Live on YouTube right now!

Entire game is first person. You are not a RE superhero character, just another person. All takes place in a plantation estate. Can play all in VR.

KarmaCow

I'm just baffled that people can't even be remotely interested in ballsy decisions for the Resident Evil and God of War franchises and are already outright dismissing them. That's so simple minded.

Sony and Capcom decided to show how the games are wildly different, is it really so confusing that fans of the previous games would be repulsed by a showcase of how these games are not like the previous games?

TyrantII

They're on the YouTube @E3 now.

Standard mode or VR mode (whole game)
Engine: RE Engine
January 24th, 2017
"Next Evolution of Horror"
Normal Protagonist, player is the character
In a plantation estate / mansion in America

News Bot

Banned
Premise is cool. Back to the kind of story setting of the original's bizarre murder cases in the Arklay Mountains.

Looks good. Doesn't look like it'll be a very "fun" game with a lot of replayability, the curse of these kind of games. Hopefully it's not a $60 title.

This got a huge laugh out of me when they were showing this teaser and my friends and I were all convinced it was a new Silent Hill but I, as a joke, said in a serious tone, "No, this is Resident Evil." Then they revealed it was actually a new Resident Evil.

I disagree. It seems more like they just threw in the towel on making a competitive AAA action game and are just using this change of direction as a justification to radically lower the series' budget and scope.

Well, I didn't necessarily use 'bold' as 'good' (although I'm willing to give it a chance).

That said, I wouldn't say I disagree with you. You make a compelling point.
Capcom's financial woes have been pretty transparent for a while now...

Dennis

Banned
Oh wow, as a fan of Resident Evil from the first entry im super excited about it returning to its horror roots.

I expected this to be a Silent Hill game.

Seems much closer to that franchise.

Resident Evil was always cheesy schlock.

Live on YouTube right now!

Entire game is first person. You are not a RE superhero character, just another person. All takes place in a plantation estate. Can play all in VR.

For fucks sake.

Daingurse

Just my two cents as someone who's loved these games since my parents let me rent RE2 on the N64: I loved the horror aspects, and RE4 was my favorite of the series. RE5 wasn't the worst, but it was a step in the wrong direction. 6 was just awful. There are plenty of good action games. Give me a good survival horror game. Give me RE7!

Some of my most vivid memories of Resident Evil when I really think of it, I mean right up there with the delicious cheese, are the fucking childhood nightmares lol. Resident Evil Code Veronica on Dreamcast straight up gave me nightmares as a kid. I was too fucking young to be playing it, obviously. Even Carrier was scary to me, so the visuals of Code Veronica were way too damn real at the time haha. I love the idea of immersive horror. The only problem with me personally is the shit is too effective.

Top Bottom