• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

LUXURY

The fact that I'm still waiting for a demo after it was said to be up after the conference is stupid. All these regions getting things at different times.

Played through the demo. I liked it. Feels like PT tho.
amarec20160614055842.png

Everything seems to point out that this is a straight up reboot. Not sure why this game needed to follow the events of RE6 or even have a 7 in its title. Any ideas on how this game could tie in to the increasingly silly superhero plot?

To me it looks like this was Capcom's chance to drop the 7 and start fresh.

Seik

Banned
So... from what I get so far...

There a way not to get the ''Welcome to the family, son!'' and have another ending?

Shauni

Well, what was the big twist someone mentioned earlier? Did that guy just drop that to troll and nobody knows shit? That fucker.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So it's up everywhere but the US store?

awesome smh

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So looks like they took P.T.'s concept and made it into a full game.

Kojima has such an impact on this industry. He really made something truly special with P.T.

Darkangel

This was...not what I expected.

It's cool that Resident Evil is going back to it's central location/"residential" roots, but I'm not a big fan of first person horror games. This plantation property with static camera angles would have been amazing.

I have a very hard time believing that Capcom's 600-man developer army was working on this for the past 3 years. Either there's more to this game than meets the eye, or development was restarted at some point.

I'm going to try the demo, but I'm not sure if this is the Resident Evil I wanted. Honestly, this looks like it could've been a sequel to Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, or The Evil Within. Heck, take your pick.

The demo ends the same way every time. The Japanese player streaming just got the old guy to spawn immediately after the phone call. he appeared out of thin air. lol so bad.
So the demo ends with a zombie and this somehow makes this first person perspective with no main series character better? Okay.

Shauni

Everything seems to point out that this is a straight up reboot. Not sure why this game needed to follow the events of RE6 or even have a 7 in its title. Any ideas on how this game could tie in to the increasingly silly superhero plot?

To me it looks like this was Capcom's chance to drop the 7 and start fresh.

The fact that it follows RE6 points to it not being a straight up reboot. The gameplay maybe, but the canon isn't getting rebooted, just like RE4 changed the gameplay up a lot but kept the canon. There's no reason to get rid of the canon and lore.

Ahasverus

It's been really shitty except for some cool games finally getting release dates.
It's about the direction many games are going. Titanfall went SP, God of War went TLOU, Resident Evil went SH, Silent HIlls went.. the fuck I know, Battlefield went WW1, Spiderman is first party, there is going to be a new gen that is not a gen, lots of zombie games after the genre was declared dead.. I dunno. Nothing made sense.

Top Bottom