• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

ViciousDS

Banned
This. How they have not changed it, and no one has complained about it from the press, is beyond me. Its not user friendly at all, way too many steps just to search for one thing, and it doesnt even have a list of available demos. Even the Nintendo eShop has a demo section.

Free>Demos

Damn that was hard.....when ever it fucking shows up!!!!

So if it makes every aspect of the game better, it'll be one of the best?

You could say that about any game. The fact that EW is held as any kind of standard says more about the poor shape the genre is in, than anything.
You couldn't top The Evil Within's sound, environment, weapon and battle/monster design (one hit kills aside for the picky people) if you tried. It's actually got a great foundation Tango can build upon in a sequel. They just need to significantly improve the writing and characters. If they don't use Id tech again The Evil Within 2 would be a slam dunk.

NathanNAVY

Neo Member
This game is not a final representation of what Resident Evil will be. Its a teaser, much like PT. Spoilers below:

At the end, we see the words "Welcome to the family " and "Open the door to the Resident Evil ambassador program". This is simply an introduction to the new world of Resident Evil

Anth0ny

So it's all first person even if you're not playing VR.

hmm

very much a RE4-esque change in direction, it feels like. I'm going to reserve judgement until the final game is out. Hopefully RE2make can still scratch that classic RE itch, while this offers something new and cool at the same time :)

Blueblur1

Don't care for waiting or watching people fumble through it. I'll look up a completed playthrough of it on YouTube whenever someone finishes it.

If the entire premise of the game is fumble through sections until you get it right then I'll just watch the game instead of playing it.

This is what happens when you tell Capcom Leon had the best campaign of RE6. They probably thought you meant the first 20 minutes where you prevent you from using 80% of the mechanics. It was Chris you fools!

Co-signed.

Maybe this game will be cool as its own thing, but I am so goddamn disappointed we don't seem to be getting an RE6 successor.

Melchiah

.....Do they like hate NA or something?
Capcom said it's coming to the US "soon".

Why so we have the worst PSN store again?

My post from above.
Not to mention, US store getting digital content on tuesdays, whereas EU gets it on wednesdays. Then there's the occasional later retail releases in Europe (eg. Dying Light), the lesser amount of playable demos in the PSN store, and no rentable digital movies and series whatsoever.

All those benefits, and you get one demo a bit later. It's not that big of a deal.

HotHamBoy

So it's all first person even if you're not playing VR.

hmm

very much a RE4-esque change in direction, it feels like. I'm going to reserve judgement until the final game is out. Hopefully RE2make can still scratch that classic RE itch, while this offers something new and cool at the same time :)

Hey, that's rational!

Seriously, I'm not saying the game will be good or the new direction is the one it needs, but RE4 was a massive departure...

Ninjimbo

It's about the direction many games are going. Titanfall went SP, God of War went TLOU, Resident Evil went SH, Silent HIlls went.. the fuck I know, Battlefield went WW1, Spiderman is first party, there is going to be a new gen that is not a gen, lots of zombie games after the genre was declared dead.. I dunno. Nothing made sense.
Some shit did come out of left field, that's true. Not in many ways that appeal to me specifically though so I've been fighting off indifference the whole day with the occasional game wowing me like Gears 4 or Inside.

I will say, it's good that some of these series that are decades old are trying hard to stay relevant. I'm glad something new is being tried.

If things just stayed the same, you end up with something like RE: Code Veronica.

yesrushdt

Completely agree. Resident Evil hasn't been Resident Evil for nearly 14 years. I certainly wasn't interested in another RE game that followed in the footsteps of RE6, and I stopped caring about the story a long time ago.

Time to start fresh, this is a great move.

Way too early to tell but this demo looks promising. The description on Capcom's Site has certainly piqued my interest as well, talking about the game "revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate." Exploration and finding items needed to progress was a big part of the classic RE games before 4 and I'm certainly picking up on the same kind of feel from the demo. Although I like RE4/5, they were just becoming way too action oriented and it got even worse with 6. I like the direction they're going so far with 7 and I hope they deliver a great survival horror game better than anything we've seen since REmake and 0.

kc44135

This game is not a final representation of what Resident Evil will be. Its a teaser, much like PT. Spoilers below:

At the end, we see the words "Welcome to the family " and "Open the door to the Resident Evil ambassador program". This is simply an introduction to the new world of Resident Evil

?????????????

I think people are a bit confused, this is just a demo of the engine and game mechanics, it is not the actual game itself. It says that in the press briefing, its just to give you a sense of the new atmosphere.

I think people are a bit confused, this is just a demo of the engine and game mechanics, it is not the actual game itself. It says that in the press briefing, its just to give you a sense of the new atmosphere.

I figure it's KINDA like PT, where it's a demo/taste of what's to come. I think we're all a little buzzed about this change in direction, but I think the actual game is going to be a little different than what we're expecting.

Top Bottom