• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

The sales numbers pretty much confirm that most people prefer the action games no? Aren't RE5 and RE6 still the highest selling Capcom games to date?

That sounds right. It's probably just the vocal Internet minority that sticks out to me more. To be fair I actually quite enjoyed RE6 (although 5 was boring as hell)

kirblar

Really? So, they switched from Konami to Capcom, and now work on this?
The rumor a few months back surrounding this was that Capcom had hired Jordan Amaro from Konami/Kojima for a PT-inspired RE7 that'd be unveiled at E3.

Given the other 80% was correct, that probably is too.

Resident Evil goes back to horror and people are bitching.

Fan feedback was a mistake.

I think no fan wanted a Amnesia clone#99999. How can you be a fan of this series and expect a fps horror lol? For you to be a fan you have to like their previous offerings. People either like re4 style or original style. Most people I think wanted the game to go back to its original style....not a fps horror.

Watching a stream of a guy beating the demo multiple times, finding everything he can as each playthrough (so far for him) hasn't exactly been the same.

The actual ending seems the same though. And I don't know what this Resident Evil-ass twist is, if the guy even attained it.

Anung

Un Rama
Finished this just then. Kinda disappointing as it's pretty much just a P.T rip off jump scares and all.

I'm sure there's more to discover as I missed a few locked things but I can't say it's wowed me the same way P.T did.

Well, I've had my PS4 on and sitting at the store page for 2 hours now, and I should have been asleep at least an hour ago. Thanks Sony, I'm out for the night.

neverknxwsbest : "NEOGAF IS THE MOST BITTER PLACE ON THE INTERNET, ALWAYS FINDS A *** SOCIAL POLITICAL ISSUE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IN GAMES LMAOOOOOOO THEYRE PIXELS ON A SCREEN YOU *** QUEERMO FAGGET DICKS *** MY ***"

yeah

I think i saw that guy chasing the main character in Days Gone, certainly was of the same intellectual level.

Resident Evil goes back to horror and people are bitching.

Fan feedback was a mistake.

Because the original games weren't pure horror. It was a mixture of action yet gave the player enough time to let the creepiness of the situation and environment set in. There was a balance.

Thanks for conveniently leaving out the part where I said unless theres a twist. But hey its not like theres a demo and people playing it to give insight into the type of game or other games of that type for me to make comparisons to.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
What's actually so bad about this other than it not being what people expected?
Don't get caught up in the overreactions in neogaf. People were shitting on Doom before they actually played the game and look how that turned out.

Riposte

I think no fan wanted a Amnesia clone#99999. How can you be a fan of this series and expect a fps horror lol? For you to be a fan you have to like their previous offerings. People either like re4 style or original style. Most people I think wanted the game to go back to its original style....not a fps horror.

Even "FPS" horror (or something like Condemned) would be nice compared to what the demo is showing. This may as well be Gone Home.

Twentieth

Finished this just then. Kinda disappointing as it's pretty much just a P.T rip off jump scares and all.

I'm sure there's more to discover as I missed a few locked things but I can't say it's wowed me the same way P.T did.

I was disappointed by the streams I saw, especially the ending. It's like a less scary attempt at PT.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm kinda missing where the Resident Evil in this Resident Evil is. There's no combat, for one, which I think is just a big mistake to not put in this demo. Two, it's a house. Yeah, okay, I get it. But it's just kinda there. Three...there's no personality here. If you told me it was a secret unlockable area of P.T. or a new Amnesia I'd believe you because it simply doesn't strike me as Resident Evil.

Top Bottom