• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

This game is not a final representation of what Resident Evil will be. Its a teaser, much like PT. Spoilers below:

At the end, we see the words "Welcome to the family " and "Open the door to the Resident Evil ambassador program". This is simply an introduction to the new world of Resident Evil
LOL.

It has been confirmed as first person game that is specifically designed for VR. You aren't going to get anything more than that from it.

RevenWolf

You guys know that first person horror existed before PT, Isolation, and Outlast right???

Just because the camera shifted to that doesn't mean it's mechanics will be the same.

mattp

wow, its called biohazard 7: resident evil in japan
high five, capcom. that is fucking fantastic
Ck4QbE8XEAUNxFd.jpg

Nerrel

What's actually so bad about this other than it not being what people expected?

Can't speak for everyone but to me it's really disappointing to see that it's pretty much a P.T. clone. I suppose some could be excited about the fact that someone ran with that popular concept and made it into a game, but to me, it just looks like Capcom taking ideas from elsewhere in the industry yet again.

RE4 inspired an entirely new kind of gameplay that even crossed beyond the boundaries of the horror genre... you saw action shooters and even Metroid using the over the shoulder cam. It's just kind of sad seeing that same studio now pulling bits and pieces from everyone else's games in order to make their own.

Shauni

So, this thing isn't even like a proper demo of the game? More of a tech demo that shows the mechanics? Eh, I don't know, I don't like that much if that's really the case. Seems really misleading, but whatever.

kirblar

Can't speak for everyone but to me it's really disappointing to see that it's pretty much a P.T. clone. I suppose some could be excited about the fact that someone ran with that popular concept and made it into a game, but to me, it just looks like Capcom taking ideas from elsewhere in the industry yet again.

RE4 inspired an entirely new kind of gameplay that even crossed beyond the boundaries of the horror genre... you saw action shooters and even Metroid using the over the shoulder cam. It's just kind of sad seeing that same studio now pulling bits and pieces from everyone else's games in order to make their own.
They're not just cloning it, people from P.T. are working on it.

This looks fucking awful and the music made me stop about 2 minutes in. Couldn't stand it, whatever it was.

Ugh. This E3 has me so fucking bitter between this and the class based Quake("Hero Shooter").

At least Dishonored 2 and Battlefield 1 look great.

This is gonna be awesome. Half of you shit on RE6 for not being scary and now it is and people are still salty! Reminds me of that Miyamoto Zelda picture that I'm too lazy to find.

LaNaranja

At this point this just looks like something I will just watch Patrick Klepek play through. I am really fucking bummed. :/

That cover art is ace though.

Why do you think it's trash ?
Have you played it ? finished it ?

Haven't played it but I know exactly what type of game it is unless theres a supposed twist ending like some people claim yet don't provide proof of. I hate games that are basically puzzles for your eyes. Where you spend a good 10-20 minutes in one area looking around for the vague hint or item you need to move onto the next area. Its completely boring. Who knows maybe we'll get weapons and items that make it closer to something like alien isolation. So far it looks nothing like that. Nor does it even have the awesome sound and visual design that game had either. The visuals are absolutely generic. So much so that most people didn't even know it was Resident evil. The sound design basically consists of your foot steps, loud breathing and random noises in the background. So spooky. And this game is supposed to come out next January? Yikes.

LaNaranja

This is gonna be awesome. Half of you shit on RE6 for not being scary and now it is and people are still salty! Reminds me of that Miyamoto Zelda picture that I'm too lazy to find.

The sales numbers pretty much confirm that most people prefer the action games no? Aren't RE5 and RE6 still the highest selling Capcom games to date?

Not gonna watch any streams of the demo before I get my hands on it.

This shit in VR though....hooo boy. Gonna love putting friends and family through it to see their reactions.

RootCause

Not gonna watch any streams of the demo before I get my hands on it.

This shit in VR though....hooo boy. Gonna love putting friends and family through it to see their reactions.
Yep, VR for this without a doubt.mheres hoping I don't get motion sickness. I've never played a vr game.

Top Bottom