• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Jawmuncher

Vendetta Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKRTO93Y2w

Being more of an action RE fan, this has everything I want. This would have been RE7 if I was in charge of RE. Just watching that trailer to me, seems to indicate action RE ain't going anywhere.

Fully expect now for their to be a new subseries to replace revelations that focuses on the hero action.

strafer

thats matthew mercer as Leon....that much I can tell but man..no Roger is bumming the fuck out.

Resident Evil just got shit on bad. :(

Gradon

Voice acting consistency is not something Resident Evil has ever done well.
Even Sally Cahill and Alyson Court (voicing Ada and Claire for the longest in the series) were replaced recently for no apparent reason.

Anustart

Anyone have any tips for getting the re7 pc demo working? If I launch from steam it just hangs for a couple minutes then gives error it cannot reach the internet.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Vendetta Trailer

Being more of an action RE fan, this has everything I want. This would have been RE7 if I was in charge of RE. Just watching that trailer to me, seems to indicate action RE ain't going anywhere.

Fully expect now for their to be a new subseries to replace revelations that focuses on the hero action.

Oh look more Leon vs Chris.

Leon wins everytime.

Even Sally Cahill and Alyson Court (voicing Ada and Claire for the longest in the series) were replaced recently for no apparent reason.

This really does bother me haha.

I thought it was so cool that Claire and Ada's OG voice actresses lasted as long as they did.

Was there ever any info on why Paul Mercier was replaced? Just curious.

Mr_Zombie

Dunno if that counts, but Sally Cahill was replaced for the first time back in Umbrella Chronicles. Until Rev2 Alyson Court was the only consisted voice actress the series had, she starred both in main games, as well as a CGI movie and a spin-off game (Darkside Chronicles). It's a shame that Capcom decided to replace her in Rev2 :/

Jawmuncher

You know what's odd? We're close to a month away from launch and there's no strategy guide for RE7. I don't need it to play, but I like having the guides for RE. So it's odd to see a big title not get one.

At this point I can't imagine it having one physically unless they do a surprise last minute announcement like they did with the CE. Cant say I'm interested in a digital guide for the game.

EDIT; For whatever reason looks like there won't be a strategy guide. I don't mind, but I do find it odd. Oh well.
https://twitter.com/gala_morgane/status/812382312478425092

Icolin

Banned
So I'm replaying REmake right now, and I think I fucked up big time:

I can't seem to get the Book of Curses anymore, because the coffin has already dropped, and it's in the way of it.

Does this mean I have to restart the whole game?

kc44135

So I'm replaying REmake right now, and I think I fucked up big time:

I can't seem to get the Book of Curses anymore, because the coffin has already dropped, and it's in the way of it.

Does this mean I have to restart the whole game?

I'm pretty sure you're OK.
To even get to the point your at in the game, you would have had to have already gotten the Sword Key from the Book of Curses so you could explore the Mansion further. What you need to do now is kill the Elder Crimson head (if you haven't already), and then take the emblem from his coffin. You can use this to leave the Mansion via the backdoor across from the room with the colored paintings, and continue the game.

Icolin

Banned
I'm pretty sure you're OK.
To even get to the point your at in the game, you would have had to have already gotten the Sword Key from the Book of Curses so you could explore the Mansion further. What you need to do now is kill the Elder Crimson head (if you haven't already), and then take the emblem from his coffin. You can use this to leave the Mansion via the backdoor across from the room with the colored paintings, and continue the game.

Alright, thanks a ton man! It would've sucked to have to restart the game, because I'm really rekindling my love for it, to the point that I can safely say that it's one of my 10 favorite games of all time.

kc44135

Alright, thanks a ton man! It would've sucked to have to restart the game, because I'm really rekindling my love for it, to the point that I can safely say that it's one of my 10 favorite games of all time.

No prob, happy to help. Also, yeah, REmake is awesome. Easily one of the best games ever made.

You know what's odd? We're close to a month away from launch and there's no strategy guide for RE7. I don't need it to play, but I like having the guides for RE. So it's odd to see a big title not get one.

At this point I can't imagine it having one physically unless they do a surprise last minute announcement like they did with the CE. Cant say I'm interested in a digital guide for the game.

EDIT; For whatever reason looks like there won't be a strategy guide. I don't mind, but I do find it odd. Oh well.
https://twitter.com/gala_morgane/status/812382312478425092

I'm honestly kind of surprised strategy guides are even still a thing.

RSB

Banned
Vendetta Trailer

Capcom would have to be really stupid to drop action RE completely. And yeah, a new sub series would be preferable IMO (gotta escape the low budget/mediocre connotations the Revelations brand carries)

Vendetta looks cool. Love how it keeps that sorta western and realistic but still somewhat japanese and stylized look from previous games (instead of that boring, undefined realism RE7 is going for)

Edit: Chris' new haircut looks terrible though.

And Leon (at least in the scenę where he argues with Chris) looks like he's wearing a wig :|

How is it possible that RE5 and RE6, which had in-engine, real time cut-scenes, have better looking (with much less uncanny valley effect) faces?

Also, I really hope Capcom didn't bring Rebecca back only to turn her into a damsel in distress; because from that trailer it looks like it is all she is in the movie - there's not a single action scene with her.
Having replayed RE5 recently I have to say it's really amazing how good the cutscenes in that game look. And yeah, IDK why real time cutscenes from a 2008 game look better and more convincing than a 2017 CGI movie, but they do.

Mr_Zombie

Edit: Chris' new haircut looks terrible though.

And Leon (at least in the scenę where he argues with Chris) looks like he's wearing a wig :|

How is it possible that RE5 and RE6, which had in-engine, real time cut-scenes, have better looking (with much less uncanny valley effect) faces?

Also, I really hope Capcom didn't bring Rebecca back only to turn her into a damsel in distress; because from that trailer it looks like it is all she is in the movie - there's not a single action scene with her.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Heads-up, the Heavenly Island manga is coming towards the end and is making itself truly important to the series lore. Without saying too much, it not only is tying together multiple entries, characters, and plot threads (from Outbreak, to Parker from Revelations, to the aftermath of Revelations 2 & RE6), it was said to be a manga tying into Revelations 2 and Umbrella Corps, but its set after RE6, and now it's finally showing that it does in fact tie heavily into RE7 and how RE7 connects to the rest of the series.

Won't say too much, but it's definitely setting up the stage and connections of RE7 to the rest of the series and why Umbrella Corps was important to be 'canon' despite only a loose story.

Heads-up, the Heavenly Island manga is coming towards the end and is making itself truly important to the series lore. Without saying too much, it not only is tying together multiple entries, characters, and plot threads (from Outbreak, to Parker from Revelations, to the aftermath of Revelations 2 & RE6), it was said to be a manga tying into Revelations 2 and Umbrella Corps, but its set after RE6, and now it's finally showing that it does in fact tie heavily into RE7 and how RE7 connects to the rest of the series.

Won't say too much, but it's definitely setting up the stage and connections of RE7 to the rest of the series and why Umbrella Corps was important to be 'canon' despite only a loose story.

Wat? I've heard of Heavenly Island but never read it. I assumed it was a one-shot for RE6. I had no idea it was an on-going series. Consider blown my mind

Dusk Golem

Wat? I've heard of Heavenly Island but never read it. I assumed it was a one-shot for RE6. I had no idea it was an on-going series. Consider blown my mind

It's a manga that's been on-going in a Shonen weekly series since March, 2015. It's complete length is supposed to be 40 chapters, currently on chapter 30-something. Fan translations have been being done for it.

It was sold as a series tie-in to Revelations 2 & Umbrella Corps, it stars Claire Redfield after the events of RE6. It simply starts with an Idol Show in South America that goes terribly wrong, but it's beem evolving to tolie into elements from the original series, the spin-offs, the recent main entries, and it's starting to seriously tie into RE7.

In the newest issue we discover what the Molded from RE7 are and who created them, without saying too much.

It's a manga that's been on-going in a Shonen weekly series since March, 2015. It's complete length is supposed to be 40 chapters, currently on chapter 30-something. Fan translations have been being done for it.

It was sold as a series tie-in to Revelations 2 & Umbrella Corps, it stars Claire Redfield after the events of RE6. It simply starts with an Idol Show in South America that goes terribly wrong, but it's beem evolving to tolie into elements from the original series, the spin-offs, the recent main entries, and it's starting to seriously tie into RE7.

In the newest issue we discover what the Molded from RE7 are and who created them, without saying too much.

Well shit, I may need to read it then. You don't think it'll ruin any surprise in RE7 tho?

Edit thanks

Syv

Neo Member
If Volume 5 of Heavenly Island is the last which i assume it will be since
in the last released chapter, which is chapter 45 i think they defeated the "Final Boss" and 1 longer chapter could wrap it up
, it won't release before february 2017.
The fan translation is always of the volume releases and not for every chapter that realeses, so it won't spoiler things for RE7 because Re7 already released by the time the last volume releases.
Most of the connections with Umbrella Corp and RE7 are in Volume 5.
The Fan Translation is currently at chapter 38 and the manga will propably end between chapter 46 and 48.

Dusk Golem

4aqv4k86gm5y.jpg

Longshot

Just started my first game of RE HD Remaster, between Jill and Chris, who should I choose? For the time being I picked Jill.

Game plays well and the graphics look superb too, Capcom have done a good job.

Mr_Zombie

Jill is weaker (two-three chomps from a zombie and your status turns to danger, or dead), but has bigger inventory and a lock pick (both means less backtracking), and there's Barry who can help you in certain moments or provude you a weapon.

Chris, on the other hand, is better at shooting, has better self-defense weapon (grenades) and has greater health. However, has only 6 item slots and has to rely on one use small keys instead of a lockpick. Instead of Barry, he is supported by Rebecca who can fully heal you for free few times.

In the original game Jill was considered to be easy mode, Chris - hard. Capcom balanced the things out in REmake. Still, Jill is a preferred choice if you don't know the mansion's layout and puzzles, since you don't have to constantly run back and forth to the item chest.

Dusk Golem

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dont-be-afraid-ep/id1182879465

The Biohazard Single from L'Arc-En-Ciel is now out. Includes five songs and the Resident Evil crossover PSVR music video.

The new song, "Don't Be Afraid", is also being played in the Japanese dub version of the final live-action RE: Last Chapter film.

There's also a history of RE and RE7 trailer thing. But the interesting tidbit is they hint that one of the songs on the album may be in RE7, they talked about how the song lyrics were inspired by RE7 and Ethan and woukdn't answer if the song was in RE7, just it was made in collaboration with Capcom. If so the likely answer is Don't Be Afraid, as the version used in the live-action film is different than the single released version of the song, and more so they made an English version of the song, which they've never done for any other song of theirs. But to be seen, could just be saying that to help promote RE7 with their crossover stuff, but they do have a PSVR music thing together, the album is RE themed, and one version of the song is in the Japanese version of the last live-action film.

The song outside is mostly currently scrubbed from the internet, but if curious the english lyrics of the song supposedly inspired by Ethan are:

"If you wanna save your life, the time is now, so take out your gun
You can’t give up! Take aim, shoot him now!

From a dream into a dream, fell and lost all of my hope
I am locked away by my fear
I can’t look into the sky, your reality’s too bright for me
So with my eyes closed I fall asleep

Stay? I might still be alive
Fall? It’s out of my control
Fly? My heart restrained by fear looks up into the night sky
Open up your eyes now!

Through the veil of cloudy skies, pale light shines into the night
I can’t reach up, I’ve lost my wings
Go ahead into the dark, don’t be afraid, believe yourself
It’s up to you, hold on to your fate!

Hold your breath, you can be free, time is running out so fast
My heart driven wild by my fear
Gates ahead lead to the sky, your reality calls out to me
My finger quivers on a trigger blade

Stay? Only the strong survive
Cry? Back to my reverie
Laugh? Try to believe in what you’ve got and for the last time
Open up your eyes now!

Sneering at me from the dark, saying “nothing you can do right”
Stands in my way, my other self
If you wanna save your life, just look at him, embrace your fate
You can’t give up! Take aim, shoot him now!

Through the veil of cloudy skies, pale light shines into the night
I can’t reach up, I’ve lost my wings
Go ahead into the dark, don’t be afraid, believe yourself
It’s up to you, hang on to your fate!"

(it is a J-pop song, and I doubt will appear on RE7, but it is RE related and the musicians say the album is Resident Evil 7 themed despite the other stuff and the song is about Ethan.)

Rebecca's return in Vendetta got me hyped so I replayed Zero over the last few days.
Being the first time I have played it since 2002, I had always considered it my least favorite of the series...
Honestly think I like it more than CV and a good portion of 2&3 now.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
RE:R is on sale. 3DS or HD? I kind of want to see what it looks like on the 3DS. Are the new additions in HD worth it?

Like JM said, it's not a huge difference. Just pick your preferred platform. If you have any friends who might want to co-op Raid Mode, that's a consideration, too.

There's no "bad" version IMO

Dusk Golem

Somebody on Reddit managed to extract Jack's model from the RE7 demo with a damaged state on:

(gaf won't post the link correctly, so have to modify the URL).

https://i.reddituploads.com/b5b02637ec7c416fb251e40ec7618a33?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536 (& s =) 4ba0774d72a338fa8e78222ff620f0b8

One of the damage models for Jack, for gameplay and not a story spoiler for things if you shoot Jack in the face with a shotgun.

And if you ever wondered what Jack's underwear looks like:

kNG5Ogk.jpg

Mr_Zombie

For a moment I thought you wrote "Somebody on Reddit managed to extract Jake's model from the RE7 demo with a damaged state on:" and was like "WTF?!".

Also, nice (and clean!) undies. ;)

kogasu

Recently impulse bought RE5 digitally on sale for X1. Could've bought 4 and even 6 but I stopped myself since I suddenly decided I want them all on physical. I need to hold them in my hand... again for the newer platforms.

Why do I do this to myself? lol

And if you ever wondered what Jack's underwear looks like:

Well then.... uhh... that is certainly something... haha

The hell is this link? I don't get it. I tried deleting the spaces in between, but I get nothing.

Try this?

Zambatoh

Thanks.
That is pretty damn gruesome. You'd think losing part of your brain and then growing it back would induce a mutation or at the very least, total memory loss.
And then, not recognizing his family, would try to eat everyone. That would be the best irony right there given the dinner scene.

Seeing as how The Evil Within's OT is dead, I'd rather ask here.

What would you guys recommend upgrading? I've read a lot of Sprint, Match Stock and it seems to be divisive on what weapons to upgrade. I just started Chapter 4 and have basically been stealthing everyone. I've tried kiting and group torching but I'm terrible at it and have no idea how to effectively do it. It also doesn't help that I'm a hoarder haha

It's been a stressful and frustrating experience so far (I've probably spent 2-3 hours on the ending segment of Chapter 3 on Normal) but want to play it some more before giving up on it.

Thanks!

Zambatoh

Seeing as how The Evil Within's OT is dead, I'd rather ask here.

What would you guys recommend upgrading? I've read a lot of Sprint, Match Stock and it seems to be divisive on what weapons to upgrade. I just started Chapter 4 and have basically been stealthing everyone. I've tried kiting and group torching but I'm terrible at it and have no idea how to effectively do it. It also doesn't help that I'm a hoarder haha

It's been a stressful and frustrating experience so far (I've probably spent 2-3 hours on the ending segment of Chapter 3 on Normal) but want to play it some more before giving up on it.

Thanks!

The first thing I usually upgrade is the Sprint Meter. It's a big life saver.
As for weapons, I tend to focus pretty heavily on the Agony Crossbow and the Harpoon upgrades. When maxed out, Harpoons can instant kill most enemies since it sets them on fire. It also does tremendous damage to bosses.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Yeah, you need some sprint. How much will depend on your style, but default isn't enough

Upgrading health will heal you, if you get desperate... I think that's the only time I upgraded it

Match stock is good

It's hard to know what bolts you'll prefer, bolt stock is a must IMO and something for crowd control--I like flash you can get a lot of kills & get out of trouble fast

The first thing I usually upgrade is the Sprint Meter. It's a big life saver.
As for weapons, I tend to focus pretty heavily on the Agony Crossbow and the Harpoon upgrades. When maxed out, Harpoons can instant kill most enemies since it sets them on fire. It also does tremendous damage to bosses.

Yeah, you need some sprint. How much will depend on your style, but default isn't enough

Upgrading health will heal you, if you get desperate... I think that's the only time I upgraded it

Match stock is good

It's hard to know what bolts you'll prefer, bolt stock is a must IMO and something for crowd control--I like flash you can get a lot of kills & get out of trouble fast

Thanks! I'll work on the crossbow with Harpoon and Flash. Feels better to have a direction to aim for.

Top Bottom