• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Mr_Zombie

Does anyone have a recommendation for some articles providing a little more insight?

You can read Wesker's Report and Wesker's Report II. The first one describes the events from RE1 from Wesker's POV and quickly summarizes events from RE2 and RE3. The second one describes events prior to the mansion incident - giving you an insight into Umbrella's work and Lisa's history (the invincible monster covered in faces you fought in the game).

Or you can watch them:
- Wesker's Report
- Wesker's Report II

L.O.R.D

ok , running with nitrous is very dangerous , i know its gonna kill me , but i had to try
man , i have to switch to tank control to able to walk slow , the new control make you run very easy , but very hard to walk

============

i just noticed something on the leaderboard

A378F5AF7A525C4573F0562658DAABC0B482CF9D

seems legit to me
oh , i love who number 1 is actually the longest run

News Bot

Banned
You can read Wesker's Report and Wesker's Report II. The first one describes the events from RE1 from Wesker's POV and quickly summarizes events from RE2 and RE3. The second one describes events prior to the mansion incident - giving you an insight into Umbrella's work and Lisa's history (the invincible monster covered in faces you fought in the game).

Or you can watch them:
- Wesker's Report
- Wesker's Report II

Just thought I'd add to this and recommend that people read not only better translations, but also updated versions that include more story details.

Wesker's Report I
Wesker's Report II
Wesker's Extra Report

And a better video of the first report.

dedhead54

I choose the middle of the three difficulties when I started. Is that normal or easy?

I am to the point where things are getting hard. I overwrote my save while low on health and now enemies are starting to spawn multiples to an area. And the fast ones are making it hard to run past (crimson heads?). I just got the second mansion key. I feel like there are enemies now on every route I try to take to get to an item box to offload some stuff so I can get herbs to heal myself.

Mr_Zombie

Yeah, I really don't understand why companies even bother with leaderboards nowadays. It's obvious that within few days it will be filled with scores impossible to achieve in legal ways.

Just thought I'd add to this and recommend that people read not only better translations, but also updated versions that include more story details.

Wesker's Report I
Wesker's Report II
Wesker's Extra Report

And a better video of the first report.

Thanks. I know that when it comes to RE stuff we can always count on you. :)

Randam

Middle one is easy.
Don't kill zombies.
If you do, try to headshot them.
If you didn't manage to blow their head of, burn them with kerosene.

dedhead54

Middle one is easy.
Don't kill zombies.
If you do, try to headshot them.
If you didn't manage to blow their head of, burn them with kerosene.

That's what I figured. So I am playing on easy, with Chris, first real play-through.

I wish I had know that about not killing and leaving zombies when I started but I didn't realize what happened until it was too late.

ok , running with nitrous is very dangerous , i know its gonna kill me , but i had to try
man , i have to switch to tank control to able to walk slow , the new control make you run very easy , but very hard to walk
You can use the D-pad if you want to use tank controls without having to change your settings. Even on the new control scheme, D-pad retains the original scheme.

Playing through this with Chris after playing with Jill makes me feel invincible, I can get bitten forever and seemingly live!

BSAA Chris should be able to just punch zombies to death though, Tyrant too, why don't they patch this in?

Sectus

How many playthroughs do you need to unlock everything in the game?

I think you'd only need 2 playthroughs to unlock all the modes if you play at highest available difficulty. Unlocking outfits takes 4 playthroughs (2 as each character).

//ARCANUM

============

i just noticed something on the leaderboard

seems legit to me
oh , i love who number 1 is actually the longest run

You can use the D-Pad to walk when using the new controls. Super easy.

//ARCANUM

Well it took 19 years but my brother and I finally beat Resident Evil for the first time.

Iu974QEh.jpg

Man there really is nothing quite like it. It's truly one of the best games I've ever played. Can't believe it took me this long to commit. Loved the whole thing and had so much fun figuring out all the puzzles. Oh and we got scared a LOT.

As for the ending we got:
well Barry died (gimmie dat gun), and it ended with Chris and jill leaving on the helicopter and then a shot of wesker's eye opening all infected and then credits
so did we get the good ending/true ending?

We're going to play "once again" with Chris next.

Oh and
what is the wooden board/mount thing for? We couldn't figure that out.

Miguel81

Well it took 19 years but my brother and I finally beat Resident Evil for the first time.

http://i.imgur.com/Iu974QEh.jpg[img]

Man there really is nothing quite like it. It's truly one of the best games I've ever played. Can't believe it took me this long to commit. Loved the whole thing and had so much fun figuring out all the puzzles. Oh and we got scared a LOT.

As for the ending we got: [spoiler]well Barry died (gimmie dat gun), and it ended with Chris and jill leaving on the helicopter and then a shot of wesker's eye opening all infected and then credits [/spoiler] so did we get the good ending/true ending?

We're going to play "once again" with Chris next.

Oh and [spoiler]what is the wooden board/mount thing for? We couldn't figure that out. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Congratulations! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I love this game with all my heart, and they really don't make them like this anymore. Good luck on the Chris run, as the 6 item slots are a bit of a pain, but he has his perks.

Edit:The wooden board[SPOILER] is for the room with a fireplace that you have to light. It shows a layout of the mansion 2F, and you have to use the wooden board to copy it.[/SPOILER]

//ARCANUM

Congratulations! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I love this game with all my heart, and they really don't make them like this anymore. Good luck on the Chris run, as the 6 item slots are a bit of a pain, but he has his perks.

Edit:The wooden board
is for the room with a fireplace that you have to light. It shows a layout of the mansion 2F, and you have to use the wooden board to copy it.

ah cool thank you! how'd we do on the ending though?

Palpable

Hmm, well the only way to play a new playthrough is by going through "once again..." so there is no "New Game" option. The benefits would be if you speed run the game under 3 hours you'd unlock the infinite rocket launcher and Samurai Edge, speedrun the game under 5 and you'll just get an infinite stronger handgun called Samurai Edge. You'll also get a key to a costumes room.

I beat the game in under 5 hours and I didn't see anything about a Samurai Edge...

OMG! Richard is a little BITCH!
I went to give him the serum and he was dead. I didn't even take long to get back to him...
ok maybe I did some other stuff but pfft.

Lothar

Banned
Would a Chris Hard run compliment just beating the game for the first time in years as Jill Normal, or is Hard reeeeally hard?

I did hard with Jill because I can't put up with 6 inventory slots on any difficulty and it wasn't too bad. If it wasn't for less ammo and health items, I wouldn't have even noticed the difference. The biggest thing is that halfway through the game when the game normally starts to give you more magnum and grenade rounds, here on hard it's still giving you just handgun bullets.

I watched someone play the hardest difficulty of Last of Us and he died at one punch. That's too much for me. This was fine. It could have been tougher. If there was an harder difficulty for RE, I would be willing to do it.

SomTervo

I watched someone play the hardest difficulty of Last of Us and he died at one punch. That's too much for me. This was fine. It could have been tougher. If there was an harder difficulty for RE, I would be willing to do it.

On Grounded in TLoU you can take two strikes before death – with upgraded Health stat you can take three. However, if you were watching the player going up against Clickers (the infected people with burst open, fungus-covered heads), they are always one-hit kill. The idea being that once they've nabbed you you're basically infected.

It's still utterly brutal. Mainly because human will punch quite quickly.

TLoU is a very different kind of game, though. In TLoU the player's own moment-to-moment skill and agility and strategy can get you out of almost any scenario. Knowing when to spin and run, when to go in for a strike, where to plant traps or what weapons to deploy. It's a survival action and adventure game.

REmaster is still proper survival horror, so it's strategy and planning above all else. Though you still need to be able to shoot okay and know the movement well enough to evade from time to time.

CHC

Just bought this last night on PC. Been on a bright cheery Wii U game binge lately so I'm pretty excited to get into this for a change of pace.

I don't think I've played RE1 in any form since the late 90s, so this should be damn good! And sorry, I can't comb through 100+ pages for the answer, but widescreen is a no-no right? Just keep it 4:3?

Hard is hard. It's unlocked after finishing normal with a character and has even less items and stronger enemies.

I did hard with Jill because I can't put up with 6 inventory slots on any difficulty and it wasn't too bad. If it wasn't for less ammo and health items, I wouldn't have even noticed the difference. The biggest thing is that halfway through the game when the game normally starts to give you more magnum and grenade rounds, here on hard it's still giving you just handgun bullets.

Thanks hombres / chicas. I'll be satisfied with another Normal run, I guesssss.

Freaking love this game.

Edit:
And sorry, I can't comb through 100+ pages for the answer, but widescreen is a no-no right? Just keep it 4:3?

Some people seem to be okay with the 16:9, but I bet they're playing with new controls too, blech. 4:3 is pretty enough and lets you see everything, you don't need widescreen to enjoy!

CHC

Some people seem to be okay with the 16:9, but I bet they're playing with new controls too, blech. 4:3 is pretty enough and lets you see everything, you don't need widescreen to enjoy!

Thanks. It's also tempting to use the new controls too but ugh I know it makes me inferior.

Meltsi

Neo Member
Shit, i was doing no save run and that fucking cockroach thingy in the lab grapped me up in the air and killed me, FUCK THIS SHIT AAAAARRGHH!

Real quick guys

How did the PS3 version specifically turn out?

Thanks!

There are some framerate issues during certain camera angles in both cutscenes and gameplay, but they're far and few between, it's mostly related to the new lighting I think. Other than that it runs well and looks really good as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Splattin' 'em!! :D

Also: not that I care very much about Resi.net, but what's missing here?

for a rookie , i did good ... i think

edit :
fuuuuuuuuuu
i just realized i didn't visit all the rooms in the game , now i have to play again and waste more time to get that achievement
Remember, it's not "visit all rooms", it's "collect all items".

L.O.R.D

Splattin' 'em!! :D

Also: not that I care very much about Resi.net, but what's missing here?

Remember, it's not "visit all rooms", it's "collect all items".

Every Nook and Cranny : Visit all places on all maps.

oh , maybe because i didn't have the key for the cloths room in the first playthrow

oh , maybe because i didn't have the key for the cloths room in the first playthrow

It isn't worded correctly in the achievement. You have to visit all rooms and take all the items. You have to make every room in the game go from red to green on the map and if you want a good place to start doing so is
saving at the labs after you put the fuel canister in it's place and power everything on. Don't go to the elevator but rather save and backtrack to wherever you want. The achievement should unlock when you reach the rooftop when you fight the Tyrant.
You don't need the clothes room, it must be done in the same playthrough.

Mr_Zombie

You don't need to visit the dressing room if you don't have the key - I've got the achievement on my first playthrough. However, Clown_im_OP is right - the achievement isn't about only visiting those rooms, it's about turning all rooms green - meaning you have to pick up every single item in the game.

Astral

Invisible Enemy mode is pretty lame. I'm playing it on Very Easy to save myself the trouble. I don't like no being able to tell if I'm aiming at a zombies head or not, or when to freaking dodge them. I've been getting lucky so far but it's just kinda boring without seeing them there. I love how they're still visible on mirrors though lol.

It isn't worded correctly in the achievement. You have to visit all rooms and take all the items. You have to make every room in the game go from red to green on the map and if you want a good place to start doing so is
saving at the labs after you put the fuel canister in it's place and power everything on. Don't go to the elevator but rather save and backtrack to wherever you want. The achievement should unlock when you reach the rooftop when you fight the Tyrant.
You don't need the clothes room, it must be done in the same playthrough.

Damn, does that mean I missed this trophy since, as Jill, I got the
shotgun early on and the roof closed in on me and now I can't return to the room bc I didn't care for that damn ink ribbon
?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

This maybe obvious but you guys are going back into the
Cell after freeing Chris/Jill
after the cutscene?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, does that mean I missed this trophy since, as Jill, I got the
shotgun early on and the roof closed in on me and now I can't return to the room bc I didn't care for that damn ink ribbon
?
Yup :-(
But hey, on hard and upwards you have fewer items to collect, so uh that's something?

Invisible Enemy mode is pretty lame. I'm playing it on Very Easy to save myself the trouble. I don't like no being able to tell if I'm aiming at a zombies head or not, or when to freaking dodge them. I've been getting lucky so far but it's just kinda boring without seeing them there. I love how they're still visible on mirrors though lol.
It's not as tense as one might think. Only butt clenchy part was the Lisa showdown since I was alone.
And you also can see enemy reflections on the floor, which actually occur pretty often.

L.O.R.D

This maybe obvious but you guys are going back into the
Cell after freeing Chris/Jill
after the cutscene?

i didn't go , the cell is counted ?

BTW , what happened to
lisa
?

after i finished the fight with her , she picked her mother head and jumped down
she can't be killed , so she didn't die

Yup :-(
But hey, on hard and upwards you have fewer items to collect, so uh that's something?

It's not as tense as one might think. Only butt clenchy part was the Lisa showdown since I was alone.
And you also can see enemy reflections on the floor, which actually occur pretty often.

That's true. Plus I couldn't
save Richard
:(

Are there any consequences to
letting Wesker die in the Lisa fight? I'm doing it using the 4 stones method and no matter what I do I can't keep him from getting knocked into the pit by Lisa.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
i didn't go , the cell is counted ?

BTW , what happened to
lisa
?

after i finished the fight with her , she picked her mother head and jumped down
Of course it's counted, some bullets in there too.
As for your question,
splat?

Mr_Zombie

If Wesker's scenarios from Umbrella Chronicles are counted as canon (and I'm pretty sure they are) then
Lisa survived the jump. She is eventually killed/immobilized by Wesker during his escape from the mansion, and then finally killed in the explosion.

And while we're talking about that Lisa fight - I really dislike that when you play as Chris, Wesker is there to help you with her. And he can be pushed and fall down...
and yet he's still well and alive when you meet him at the laboratory and no one even bothers to ask "how the hell did you survive that fall?!"

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread earlier but...

Is anyone else experience odd random slowdown in areas on the PC version?

My computer is way more than capable enough to run this game, but some areas I pass through just send the game into a slow motion. Looking around online it seems I'm not the only one.

Anyone here experience this?

Top Bottom