• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Curufinwe

I'm just gonna keep asking this until some kind soul responds. Was the frame pacing issue ever fixed via patch on PS4?

I don't think there has been a patch. But I also did not notice any frame issues when I played. I must not be sensitive to it, at least not in a game like this.

Jinjo

I'm not saving. I'm Dragon's Lair-ing this game (trial and error + commit to memory) as a means to prepare for 3 hr runs.

It's more fun to commit to a first run, especially your first time through. Figuring out how to deal with a messed up situation is more tense and fun than learning how to avoid certain situations completely. I wouldn't bother with that 'till your second playthrough at the earliest. Also, there's enough saveribbons to save about every 15-20 minutes.

Bl@de

304240_screenshots_20hdqpr.jpg

Ok finished my first ever speedrun in a game.

100% best ending, Easy (went for the achievement, being quick was challenge enough)

Not bad.

There are at least 15min I could save by less visits to save rooms and getting grabbed less often.

Cudder

Should I do real survivor with Jill or Chris? I assume Jill because she has more slots.
Tbh I think any hard runs will be easier with Jill. More slots mean less back and forth between save boxes and objectives, and the lock pick means less time going into rooms to find old keys. Less health doesn't really mean much as you should be avoiding as much combat as possible anyway.

Has it been confirmed that the Hunters' decapitation animation was removed? My wife who is playing as Jill got killed by a hunter, blood gushed from the neck but the head stayed on. If this is confirmed, do we know the reason why?

Jinjo

Has it been confirmed that the Hunters' decapitation animation was removed? My wife who is playing as Jill got killed by a hunter, blood gushed from the neck but the head stayed on. If this is confirmed, do we know the reason why?

Pretty sure my head flew off earlier with the Hunter one-shot death I was talking about.

Astral

You know a game is good when you lose 2 hours of progress THREE times and still wanna keep trying. I love this fucking game.

L.O.R.D

i collected the Stone & Metal Object and combine them together
went to that door in the first area , i need another one

Mr_Zombie

The Stone & Metal Object unlocks two doors:
the one in the main hall (in order to open them you need two such objects) and the one leading to the garden (at the end of corridor near the room where you solved the puzzle with paintings).

Wasn't it only in the original version? Fairly sure it was removed for Remake - probably because it was on a Nintendo console and that was a bit much for them at the time.

Wasp

Is it possible to backtrack to the caves? There's an area on the map down there where you run away from
Lisa Trevor
that's still coloured red showing I've missed an item but the control panel for the lift to go down is busted. Maybe I can backtrack from the cabin?

I've got a save file down there anyway but I'd rather not revert to a save from 45 minutes ago.

Bl@de

Is it possible to backtrack to the caves? There's an area on the map down there where you run away from
Lisa Trevor
that's still coloured red showing I've missed an item but the control panel for the lift to go down is busted. Maybe I can backtrack from the cabin?

I've got a save file down there anyway but I'd rather not revert to a save from 45 minutes ago.

Depends on where the item is and what character you use because of
barry and the elevator
. You might have to walk a circle. If it's there where
lisa
is then yes. You can go down from the cabin.

I resumed my knife only playthrough and so far so good, just reached the caves without a hitch.

I didn't combine it with a no saves run because I don't have a few hours to sit in front of the game in a foreseeable future but that seemed absolutely doable. If I had, I'd probably have taken my time with the death masks (set them and go replenish my herbs before coming back) as that was probably the hardest part so far.

Cudder

So getting under 3 hours on Normal and you get any and all unlockable weapons? And you can use them on any playthrough after that and it won't disable trophies?

So getting under 3 hours on Normal and you get any and all unlockable weapons? And you can use them on any playthrough after that and it won't disable trophies?

Yes you get them all but you'll only be able to use them when you play "Once again..." and on any difficulty in that mode. The special weapons don't carry over to Real Survivor nor Invisible Enemy mode. The weapons also don't disable trophies.

Miker

I don't suppose there's any sort of DualShock button replacement mod for this game? I use one with Resident Evil 6, and I'm guessing there's an audience for such a mod given the series' Playstation roots.

Wasn't it only in the original version? Fairly sure it was removed for Remake - probably because it was on a Nintendo console and that was a bit much for them at the time.

Yes it wasn't present in the GC version, but oddly they showed it occuring in the trailer of that announced version. (Seen in 1:08 of the YouTube video below)

http://youtu.be/mFhQrp5Bhhk

Odd that they took it out from the actual game. It would have made the hunters looks more lethal and menacing to the S.T.A.R.S team. Patch it back in, Capcom!

psychotron

I don't think there has been a patch. But I also did not notice any frame issues when I played. I must not be sensitive to it, at least not in a game like this.

I'm very sensitive to it, and it doesn't bother me at all in this game. Frame pacing and stuttering in general have ruined many games this gen for me.

Astral

I finally beat Real Survival with a time of 2:26:59. I played it safe by saving a few times and I'm so glad I did. I had no idea firing your gun too many times can make the fuel capsule explode. I would've been so pissed if I hadn't saved. Now all that's left is an invisible enemy run with Chris and an Every Nook and Cranny run with the infinite rocket launcher. I'm gonna relax and play on Very Easy.

A lot of dialouges in REmake feels rushed and inconsistent, sometimes even cut. Like the final conversation between Jill and Wesker:

Wait, what "things" did she mention? In the original game Jill's sentence is "So you're a slave of Umbrella now, along with these virus monsters." and then Wesker's reponse (which is similar to the one in REmake) actually makes sense. Here - it does not.

Thanks for clearing this up. Finished the game yesterday for the first time, took me like 15 hours (although I seem to have spent half of the time in the inventory/map). I have to admit it aged very well for a 19/13 year old game.

Nevertheless, partly due to to the bespoken conversation, I was not completely satisfied storywise. I tried to get some decent background information on the story, what happened in the mansion exactly before S.T.A.R.S. turned up etc., but without success.

Does anyone have a recommendation for some articles providing a little more insight?

Tido84

304240_screenshots_20hdqpr.jpg

Ok finished my first ever speedrun in a game.

100% best ending, Easy (went for the achievement, being quick was challenge enough)

Not bad.

There are at least 15min I could save by less visits to save rooms and getting grabbed less often.

Lets Battle :) Was my first Speedrun as well and i made some mistakes. i guess 1:45 or less would be realistic for me. lets see
1y1uku.jpg

Bl@de

Lets Battle :) Was my first Speedrun as well and i made some mistakes. i guess 1:45 or less would be realistic for me. lets see
1y1uku.jpg

Damn you. 23 seconds. I have at least 5 more runs at the game to get platinum. One should be certainly faster because I will go for the worst ending. I expect 1:45 there if I don't make mistake. And I just found out how to stair glide^^ Of course I could just load my save before heading to the lab:p But I'm not even sure if you can cheese the game to give you trophies this way.

Tido84

Damn you. 23 seconds. I have at least 5 more runs at the game to get platinum. One should be certainly faster because I will go for the worst ending. I expect 1:45 there if I don't make mistake. And I just found out how to stair glide^^ Of course I could just load my save before heading to the lab:p But I'm not even sure if you can cheese the game to give you trophies this way.

actually this run was number 14. I spent my time with the Remake since November on PS3. But now i feel the need to make a real Speedrun. Keep me updated. Youre on PS4?

if so Tido84 is my addy if you like to add me

Bl@de

actually this run was number 14. I spent my time with the Remake since November on PS3. But now i feel the need to make a real Speedrun. Keep me updated. Youre on PS4?

if so Tido84 is my addy if you like to add me

Ah k. It was my second run since around 2005. finished it on normal with chris before that. So nearly 2h is okay for a second try^^ Did it to see what all the fuss is about with people speedrunning RE so often. Never did it before even if I played the complete series. I see the fun in that now.

I'm on PC only. 60fps Remaster with supersampling is an offer I can't refuse :p

Tido84

Ah k. It was my second run since around 2005. finished it on normal with chris before that. So nearly 2h is okay for a second try^^ Did it to see what all the fuss is about with people speedrunning RE so often. Never did it before even if I played the complete series. I see the fun in that now.

I'm on PC only. 60fps Remaster with supersampling is an offer I can't refuse :p

1:24min is actually World Record time. So there is alot of work tio do. Yeah PC version is the best.

SomTervo

I loved Resi 2 back in the day but never got to play Resi 1.

I got it on PS3 as a PS1 classic, and played around half of the game before life got in the way.

I got the REmake last week and... Wow. It's very different. And very much improved. I love the graphics, the ambience, the slightly better controls and menus and puzzles. Such a great, great game.

What % of the game do people reckon is entirely new over OG Resident Evil? From what I've seen it must be about 40% new/significantly altered from the original. A lot of unique stuff in here.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: I know the weapons for a sub 3h on normal run don't unlock for Invisible Enemies when you do Once Again, but do they unlock for Once Again when you do Invisible Enemies sub 3h on normal?

Quick question: I know the weapons for a sub 3h on normal run don't unlock for Invisible Enemies when you do Once Again, but do they unlock for Once Again when you do Invisible Enemies sub 3h on normal?

A pretty confusing question. The sub 3 hour run would unlock you the weapons in Once Again as long as you play within that mode, on any difficulty. If you did a sub 3 hour run in Real Survival or Invisible Enemy mode then the special weapons will unlock under their respective modes.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
A pretty confusing question. The sub 3 hour run would unlock you the weapons in Once Again as long as you play within that mode, on any difficulty. If you did a sub 3 hour run in Real Survival or Invisible Enemy mode then the special weapons will unlock under their respective modes.
Thanks. So I guess since I played in RS and IE with Jill only, and Once Again with Chris only, the "get all weapons" trophy won't unlock until I get them all in one mode.
Sorry for the confusing questions. I see how I could have phrased that better ;)

Thanks. So I guess since I played in RS and IE with Jill only, and Once Again with Chris only, the "get all weapons" trophy won't unlock until I get them all in one mode.
Sorry for the confusing questions. I see how I could have phrased that better ;)

No need to be sorry. :) The all weapons trophy will unlock after you
get the flamethrower with Chris, if you played like me. I did Jill best ending first then Jill worst ending and then Chris.

KorrZ

Yikes! Was a little rusty on my first playthrough. Just finished it again last night and it took me 9 hours and 38 minutes. Saved 25 times, 90 enemies dispatched :lol.

Really enjoyed it though and wish more games like this were made these days! Now I'm contemplating attempting a sub 3 hour run with Chris since I remember all the puzzles now.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
No need to be sorry. :) The all weapons trophy will unlock after you
get the flamethrower with Chris, if you played like me. I did Jill best ending first then Jill worst ending and then Chris.
Yeah I thought so too. But I didn't get it (I played: Chris Normal, Jill RS, Chris Once Again Very Easy and Jill IE sub 3h on normal, and then went back to IE and equipped the two unlockable weapons), so I guess I have to get all weapons in one mode (either OA, RS or IE). Might also be that I forgot to pick up
Barry's Magnum
or didn't equip the Self Defense Gun. That's a lot of factors, actually ;)

Top Bottom