• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Nemesis_

I mean if you're watching my stream you would've seen how I just RAN CIRCLES around the Black Tiger. They're ridiculous.

stupid_dad

Neo Member
Ok just done a search on AU Psn webstore and its there for 30 bucks
So bought on webstore and now downloading on ps4
Also gives you the PS3 version

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Does the Xbone version also give you the 360 version?

Cross Buy is currently a deal by Sony.

Speaking of which; I wonder how well remote play will be for the remastered edition. I would suspect lighting would have some sort of flicker from being streamed. There's always a bit of contrast made when streaming a game onto Vita.

I should say a slight contrast. It looks very good from the menu.

Z..

Do the PS3/4 versions have cross save?
It's up on the EU PSN, since I haven't paid for the steam version yet I'm thinking of cutting my losses and just buying that version and just enjoying it right away.

However, since I'm getting a PS4 in March for Bloodborne, cross save would be awesome.

Edzi

Is this cross buy even after the preorder period ends? The wording on the PSN page makes it seem like it's only as a preorder bonus.

For folks who are playing this on PC with a controller, which controller are you using? I'm trying to decide between DualShock 4, 360 or Xbone controller.

I have two DS4 controllers, one of which I've been using for my PC.

I just bought a wired XBox 360 controller from Amazon to use exclusively on my PC. That should tell you.

Can't wait to play this on PS4 later today (it's already the 20th in my timezone).

Played the PS3 version a little bit in early December but stopped when I heard that the PS4 one would be out so soon, plus I've had a visitor since around that time meaning all my shit is crammed into the one bedroom so I don't even have my PS3 set up right now. Also I tried the new "easy" mode which is extremely easy, since I'd just finished a replay of the game a few months earlier and was curious about the differences, so will play on a harder difficulty this time as it's hard to exaggerate how much easier the new mode is.

I really wish the SH HD collection had turned out at least as good as this, setting up my old PS2 just to play those games is inconvenient yet still totally worth it...

elfinke

I'm not as good with Jill as I am with Chris but I'm doing a speedrun with her if anyone's interested. I'm also showing off the new controls and how easy they make the game too :/

http://www.twitch.tv/Nemesis556_

Thanks, enjoyed watching you for a while there. I haven't played RE since it was a new game, but gee, almost immediately I knew where you were up to, which way you had to turn and where all the enemies were. Strong nostalgia and clear memories of this game, apparently!

Tempted to grab the PC version now, having not thought about it until now.

Nemesis_

Had to finish up the stream for now, might be back later, just have to eat -_-

Wondering what kind of run I should do next.

Z..

Ok. It's downloading. ^^

One question remains... Chris or Jill?

Edit: Whoever I don't choose now will be getting a go come March once I buy a PS4.

Edzi

Bought it. Figured I might as well since I've been meaning to play this for years now but never got the chance.

Also, I asked this before but I'll try again: which control scheme/camera option do you guys recommend for a first timer?

Z..

Bought it. Figured I might as well since I've been meaning to play this for years now but never got the chance.

Also, I asked this before but I'll try again: which control scheme/camera option do you guys recommend for a first timer?

Try the original. If it bums you too much, switch to the new one. Be your own advisor.

Top Bottom