• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

BkMogul

I remember really REALLY wanting to buy a Gamecube just for this, but I never did.

It's been so long since I've returned to this mansion. Should be a real fun time starting tomorrow.

Xpliskin

Still think there's a good chance that Capcom is re-releasing this to "test the waters" as it were. To see if a pure survival horror Resident Evil game can do well in today's market.

So, I really hope everyone buys it. :)

For the future maybe, yes.

If the sales are anything to go by, RE7 will start off with you one-handing two miniguns.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
For the future maybe, yes.

If the sales are anything to go by, RE7 will start off with you one-handing two miniguns.

God I hope they're testing the waters. A straight up REmake 2 would CRUSH in sales, and the visuals on todays consoles/pcs would look absurd.

Easy_G

Do they still have all of the control options? I always vastly preferred what I call the RC car option where the R trigger made you walk/run and the joystick was for steering.

Edzi

So, having never played this before, what's the best way to go in? OG controls and aspect ratio? Or can I use the more modern options without fear of losing anything that made the game special?

Any info when the EU version appears on store? Like is it within hours or the next day?

Every outlet i have seen like Eurogamer & VG247 say it will launch on the 20th

Grim Fandango is also launching on the same day as NA

But the EU store always updates on Wednesday so we will need to wait and see.

Bumhead

Banned
Still think there's a good chance that Capcom is re-releasing this to "test the waters" as it were. To see if a pure survival horror Resident Evil game can do well in today's market.

So, I really hope everyone buys it. :)

I'm not sure what I want out if Resident Evil anymore. I outright hated 6.

A part of me would throw the current series under the bus for RE7 and let them carry on making boulder punching dudebro games, if the sales of this (and Zero) at least got us REmake 2..

psychotron

I remember really REALLY wanting to buy a Gamecube just for this, but I never did.

It's been so long since I've returned to this mansion. Should be a real fun time starting tomorrow.

Yupp. I was able to borrow one for RE4, which blew me away, but never played REmake.

antitrop

The GameCube was like $100 MSRP within a short while of the game coming out. I bought one just for REmake and RE4.

t hicks

Banned
Just pre-ordered on PS4, I'm really excited to play through the whole game for the first time! (I played REmake on GC but I never finished it)

//ARCANUM

If I preorder and preload on Xbox one, what time will the game go live? Is it midnight eastern time or midnight pacific?

I remember playing Resident Evil in my parent's basement in high school. We smoked a bowl on the roof, and then we fired up the Playstation. It was me, Andre, David, and John Leonard. When the dogs jumped through the window, John screamed like an old woman getting electrocuted by a hairdryer in a bathtub. I'll remember that sound for the rest of my life.

Never finished the gem back-in-the-day (ran out of ammo). Hopefully, I'm better at inventory management at 37.

Excited for tomorrow . . .

what time for steam US? if it's 5 hours from now I'm staying up

man if you had told me a few years ago I'd have an hd version of remake on steam I would've told you to stop pissing on my dreams

I never played RE1 before. I only played a bit of the ds version but never finished it. would it be smart to stream this? I know this game is super hard.

Z..

Nah man. Steam says it unlocks 18 hours from now. Noon or 1pm eastern time.

Yeah, my steam also says 18 hours and I'm in the UK.

Is this a fucking joke? I booked tomorrow off from work because it was supposed to come out on the 20th. I'll have to wait until 6pm tomorrow? What the flying fuck is up with that? What exactly is the point of delays in digital fucking distribution?

misterck

Is this a fucking joke? I booked tomorrow off from work because it was supposed to come out on the 20th. I'll have to wait until 6pm tomorrow? What the flying fuck is up with that? What exactly is the point of delays in digital fucking distribution?

That's harsh man and I would be pissed too!

I knew us UK PS4 players would get shafted till 21st due to the PS store update day being a Wednesday but didn't think it would be 21st for PC players too, it makes no sense for steam to release to North america one day and Europe the next on a digital only title :S

Grief.exe

Nah man. Steam says it unlocks 18 hours from now. Noon or 1pm eastern time.

Broken record.

Never trust Steam unlock timer
9 pm Pacific release (5 hours)

lutheran

Is there a pre-order link for the 360 version? For some reason I can't seem to find it on the store online or through my 360

Oreoleo

Yeah I hear ya man. I'm sure there is some reason they do it this way but I'm not sure what it is. It's been fairly standard for a while though, I can't remember the last time I had a game unlock at midnight. The new Lara Croft game for example didn't unlock until like 4 or 6pm US Eastern time so it would've been like midnight for you. Totally stupid. Sorry you had to burn a vacation day.

Broken record.

Never trust Steam unlock timer
9 pm Pacific release (5 hours)

I've said it multiple times already but the game unlocks at 9pm PST.

Oh. http://steamcommunity.com/games/304240/announcements/detail/257037277573714060

Guess it's true. How hard is it to make a working countdown timer in 2015 :(

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah I hear ya man. I'm sure there is some reason they do it this way but I'm not sure what it is. It's been fairly standard for a while though, I can't remember the last time I had a game unlock at midnight. The new Lara Croft game for example didn't unlock until like 4 or 6pm US Eastern time so it would've been like midnight for you. Totally stupid. Sorry you had to burn a vacation day.

That's not Capcom though. I had Lords of Shadow 2 (Konami) unlock for me 11 PM. We're not talking about a smaller game either. I trust what Grief and what MD are saying about this. It would be terribly shocking if it did not unlock tonight.

Top Bottom