• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

N30RYU

Nothing is showing up on the EU psStore :(
Not sure if someone asked this already? But how is Sony going to offer cross buy for people in Europe?

From Blog.Eu.Playstation

"Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2015 @ 5:30 pm 61
Update on Resident Evil.

Unfortunately we will not be setting this up for pre-order/pre-load. However, this will be available next week, and for a limited time only (until Feb 3rd) it will also be cross-buy."

This is out tomorrow? Holy shit. I don't really have time for another game at the moment, but I love REmake and I'm really tempted to get it again.

is the remake better than RE2 or no?

They're very similar games in principle, but I always felt like RE2 felt like it had more escalation and more of an action slant. REmake has much better atmosphere (I'm a little biased as I love creepy isolated mansions in horror media) and a lot more scares (there's a new enemy called Crimson Heads who are wonderful and terrifying), and it has been significantly redesigned since the original Resi 1 so it's still a great experience for series veterans.

If I were pushed I'd probably choose REmake, but they're both really great games.

Tizoc

Guys.
GUYS.
Guess what?
This will be the VERY FIRST RE game that I actually play, all these years I'd watch my brother play it, but the HD ver. having non-tank control option got me really interested in playing this.

Cob32

So I understand that there won't be a pre load/pre order for Europe. Do we know what time it's going to be available to download tomorrow?

Good luck, newcomers! You're in for one hell of a game. :)

Great OT buddy, was super hyped for it coming back seeing as we're so close!

tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

Thank you, BROTHER!!!!

Bumhead

Banned
It's incredible how hyped I am for this. A game I first played a decade ago, almost two decades ago if you can't the original, and it'll probably be my favorite release of the year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just moved so I have no internet right now, FFS

DOWN

Banned
Not sure I like the cropping they did to make it 16:9, but I'll probably still play in that ratio. This will be my first experience with it.

Going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Xbox One version since I don't have a PS4 yet. But I really can't wait. There is few hype like Resident Evil hype.

Side note, I could use some more friends/survival horror fans on XBL. If anyone is interested please PM your tags (as this isn't really a post your tag thread)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Okay, I just wanna know one thing,
are there spiders in this?

I am a massive arachnophobic, and have problems with them in this game more than any other. They are particularly bad, I'm not gonna lie to you. I had a friend come and kill them for me back in the day, but I am gonna use shareplay and hopefully a fellow gaffer will help me out.

They appear exactly 3 times, between the 5 and 10 hour mark. The first appearance in particular is absolutely horrifying, the second is quite brief and the 3rd is almost as bad as the first. They take about 2 shotgun rounds or 1 acid round IIRC so they go down fast enough, so don't use your acid rounds on anything else.

Nemesis_

Going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Xbox One version since I don't have a PS4 yet. But I really can't wait. There is few hype like Resident Evil hype.

Side note, I could use some more friends/survival horror fans on XBL. If anyone is interested please PM your tags (as this isn't really a post your tag thread)

I saw you hovering on the store! :p

Sectus

I hope reviewers take Capcom to task for falsely labeling this game a "remaster". I doubt it though.

I guess upgrading all textures, changing engine, replacing a lot of background elements with real-time rendered elements, adding shading, improving lighting, adding new controls, adding support for wide screen, adding free reload, localizing the game, adding new costumes, adding support for multiple resolutions (PC), adding support for higher framerates (PC), and adding customizable controls (PC) isn't good enough to call it a remaster?

Top Bottom