• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City |OT| A New Chanllenge by CAPCPOM & SLANT SIX

Single player campaign is shit. Not enjoyable. Multiplayer is pretty fun. I knew what crap I was getting myself into. Play with friends people.

I could give 2 shits what IGN or anyone else thinks.

Picked up and have been playing for little over an hour and i like it, this is why i pay 0 attention to reviews, is it great? no, amazing? no, fun? yes.

Would i suggest people go out and spend $65-75 (depending if you get the SE) if you are a fan of RE and have friends to play with then yes, if not then wait for the $29.99 price drop in the next couple of weeks, i got it because i love RE and regret nothing.

Indoctrinated agent detected.

So are there levels after "end of the line" in campaign mode? If you go to chapter select, it seems weird you don't reach the end of the timeline.

Game was such a rushed mess. Fighting zombies was fun, everything else sucked. If they had had another six months I think they could have turned out something cool. Now for Ninja Gaiden 3 or Final Fantasy XIII-2 depending on what family video has in tomorrow. Keep the disappointment train going after mass effect 3 and this.

Man the Samurai Edge is amazing went 20 and 0 on Team Attack with it, well worth the 25,000XP.
Preview_samurai_edge.png

Favorite gun in the game.

rCIZZLE

Well, this not having any offline co-op pretty much guaranteed I'm not even getting it at bargain bin prices. I had so much hope for this game based on the awesome premise but this has to be one of the biggest letdowns ever for me.

I guess you could put me in the camp of "I fully acknowledge this a mediocre game at best but am still having fun with it while rolling my eyes every five minutes"

Xander51

I rented this today and I'm around halfway through the campaign. The shooting in this is okay but everything else is the epitome of unremarkable. I miss the absurd RE4/5 cinematics. I wish that this gameplay had better content to go with it. The lighting is okay in spots but the graphics just seem off.

This feels like it should have been a budget-priced download rather than a full retail product to me.

scitek

I read the IGN review of this earlier today and it's one of the poorest written reviews I've ever seen. I give it a 4/10.

EDIT: Oh god, and her video review makes her sound like Jan Brady from the Brady Bunch movies in the 90s.

Rented because I wasn't set on a buy. Played campaign co-op and alone, and played some versus. Liking it way more than I thought I would.

Xander51

Okay, I'll admit the thing where you can hold the left bumper and walk while using the right stick to direct automatic pistol shots is really cool. I sort of accidentally discovered that just now.

I also like the melee kill animations.

Okay, I'll admit the thing where you can hold the left bumper and walk while using the right stick to direct automatic pistol shots is really cool. I sort of accidentally discovered that just now.

I also like the melee kill animations.
I don't know how useful the automatic pistol move is so far, but I love how it looks. It feels great.

VashTS

Being able to upgrade your unlocked skills seems to really improve the amount of lasting value to me. This game is surprisingly fun for a mediocre reception.

Rented this from Redbox because I wasn't sure if I wanted to pull the trigger on it. Played the first 2 campaign missions and 2 TDM matches. This game is nowhere near as bad as some folks are making it out to be, it is actually a decently fun shooter and having it set in the RE universe is cool. The zombies in MP actually change the flow a lot more than I thought they would. Nothing better than being in a gunfight with an enemy when a Hunter jumps on them and helps me get a kill.

Still debating if I want to buy a copy, but I am certainly leaning more in that direction than I was before.

scitek

Rented this from Redbox because I wasn't sure if I wanted to pull the trigger on it. Played the first 2 campaign missions and 2 TDM matches. This game is nowhere near as bad as some folks are making it out to be, it is actually a decently fun shooter and having it set in the RE universe is cool. The zombies in MP actually change the flow a lot more than I thought they would. Nothing better than being in a gunfight with an enemy when a Hunter jumps on them and helps me get a kill.

Still debating if I want to buy a copy, but I am certainly leaning more in that direction than I was before.

Yeah, that's why reviews should never be taken as gospel. I'm sure a lot of people miss out on games they'd probably enjoy just fine if they had just tried them.

Aspiring

Is the amazon preorder dlc really region locked? I tried to enter it on my main xbox live account and got an error "there is a problem with the offer associated with this code". A quick google showed this is what happens when it is region locked. And so I try on my US account and bingo it worked. Man I grow to hate capcom more and more everyday.

mikeeb13

Banned
Is the amazon preorder dlc really region locked? I tried to enter it on my main xbox live account and got an error "there is a problem with the offer associated with this code". A quick google showed this is what happens when it is region locked. And so I try on my US account and bingo it worked. Man I grow to hate capcom more and more everyday.
where are you located?

Pandanaut

I got the special edition for no extra cost and I have to say: the Cowboy Shotgun is amazing.

With that and the Guns A' Blazin' perk I feel like I'm Herschel on The Walking Dead.

Elginer

OK, this game keeps getting more and more entertaining. Part of me wonders if any of the reviews actually put any time in the MP modes. Survivor is fun as hell. Just shooting dudes and zombies left and right and then hauling ass to make it da choppa before anyone else. It's a hell of a good time.

Ill say it, multiplayer isnt good...its great. Come at me please! I'm having too much fun playing survivor. Just got the samurai edge so I'm kicking more ass now.

Daigoro

cant wait to rent this tomorrow. looking forward to checking it out. im going in with an open mind and lowered expectations. i cant lose!

Vrakanox

I might give it a shot once I get more time, it just sucks because I feel like by the time I finally get it everyone else will already be really good at it.

bigswords

If you have friends, it's a decent game at best.

If you dont have friends steer the fuck away from this game.

And bugs ohh my you keep dropping through the floor in the campaign.

Aspiring

where are you located?

Im from Australia. I have never experienced region locked dlc on the 360 so well done capcom *shakes head*.

It really does not matter as I Just used my sub account but still. The reason for the sub account was capcoms stupid decision to region lock Re4 and code Veronica.

legacyzero

Banned
So I just spent the least few hours with this game. Anybody thrashing on this game must be on crack. Seriously, that game is worth a play, at least.

demolitio

Sounds like this is just like SOCOM: Confrontation. A buggy game that is getting harsh reviews yet people seem to enjoy MP. A LOT of people felt the same way about S:C but I think that might have been even buggier, but the online impresses people. That's why I take reviews with a grain of salt because even if a game is buggy, it can still be a lot of fun.

Goes to show you that Slant Six's biggest problem is still a shitload of bugs yet the gameplay can be fun. Hell, they must have had another really young team for this game like S:C but 90% of the S:C team got cleared out so it's like it's a new wave of people bringing new problems and some decent ideas for the game. :p

Alright, after playing a bunch more MP I will say that I think this is a legitimately good game. I really am convinced that most of the reviewers didn't spend much (or any) time in Multi. Campaign is failing to do much for me, but I really like the way MP matches flow.

wwm0nkey

Nope. Online only.

I'm glad I Redboxed this. I get why some people are enjoying it, but I don't personally care for it at all.

I hate bullet sponges. Had enough of that in Halo 2 with the brutes but when it takes almost 3 clips to kill one damn Hunter in this game? Nope.

I know its not peak hours but I've been trying to get into a game for about an hr with no luck. Just played up till the 3rd level single player. Games kinda fun but unless I can find people to play with I dont think ill come back to it for a while.

Anyone wanna play? Add me on XBL SPK8000LG

Top Bottom