• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Sectus

So I started fiddling around with modding the game.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2219-48-08s8f.jpg - The DLC characters are among the game files on the PC version. Yup, Capcom being Capcom.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2220-33-ucsn2.jpg - Changing characters in story mode. Works but breaks a lot of the scripting. It can be hilarious in some ways. Scripts tries to find a specific character, it doesn't check if it's a player or AI, so if you play as Parker and you start level 3, a script will take over your character and start scanning an ooze and you'll never regain control.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2219-55-wuslb.jpg - Raid mode coop with AI. This had the side effect of deleting my entire raid mode inventory, whoopsie!

I have a question regarding the boss fight with
racheal
in episode 4. do you have to
fight her at each encounter or just at the final encounter at that level?

Miker

How's the aiming control compared to the demo? Still got that weird deadzone/8-way movement going on? PC version preferably, but I assume they all control similarly.

So I started fiddling around with modding the game.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2219-48-08s8f.jpg - The DLC characters are among the game files on the PC version. Yup, Capcom being Capcom.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2220-33-ucsn2.jpg - Changing characters in story mode. Works but breaks a lot of the scripting. It can be hilarious in some ways. Scripts tries to find a specific character, it doesn't check if it's a player or AI, so if you play as Parker and you start level 3, a script will take over your character and start scanning an ooze and you'll never regain control.

http://abload.de/img/rerev2013-05-2219-55-wuslb.jpg - Raid mode coop with AI. This had the side effect of deleting my entire raid mode inventory, whoopsie!

Simple file swapping (e.g. for Jill, her main folder/arc file is pl1010, and using the arc file for the piratey mod results in a crash of the game when swapped over her pl1010.arc file) doesn't work like it did in the demo version however (pirate mods etc). Do elaborate on how you managed to accomplish what you did in the full version of the game. Only specific mods work, like Maliwei's absolutely phenomenal but 100% NSFW Jill mod(s).

Thanks sectus.

Ken

Wait what?

So... they won't work at all despite having downloaded them? I need some activation code for them? ... that's bullshit.

Tried it but it doesnt work to move while aiming. Deal breaker for me tbh.

Uh, you have to download them or else if you play with someone with Rachel Ooze or the preorder guns they'll probably show up super whacky since you don't have their files. It's like...MK9 compatibility patches.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The dodge is wierd sometimes it works without the x input other times it needs it.

dodging is the one mechanic in this game I just never really understood, I could never replicate success with it. Early on I felt like I had the timing down but then later I would try to replicate my results and it failed. This isn't a problem to the HD version either, it was terrible in the 3DS version as well. The problem with dodging is that it requires you to have to be ready to do it, and usually only works if you're facing the enemy and directly in front of it which means that in an OH SHIT I NEED TO NOT GET HIT NOW situation it rarely functions as you want it to.

So because of that I've realized that a better alternative to dodge is a shotgun with all +daze and +bind parts that let you build a "dodge gun" which really means if you're about to get hit you just shoot the guy with the dodge gun and it staggers it.

Which is a shame because I really like the idea of dodge, it's just implemented poorly.

Flarin

I like the HD version more but the biggest draw of the 3DS for me is portability so...

Considering I just bought a 3DS and I'm on the train at least 2 hours a day I might go for the 3DS version (probably nice and cheap now). Thanks!

Sectus

Simple file swapping (e.g. for Jill, her main folder/arc file is pl1010, and using the arc file for the piratey mod results in a crash of the game when swapped over her pl1010.arc file) doesn't work like it did in the demo version however (pirate mods etc). Do elaborate on how you managed to accomplish what you did in the full version of the game. Only specific mods work, like Maliwei's absolutely phenomenal but 100% NSFW Jill mod(s).

Thanks sectus.

Manual file swaps still work, you just need to swap very specific files. The demo was friendlier because many files were in their extracted form.

Anyway, all the examples I posted is done via memory editing, which is easier to pull off (and has its own set of advantages and disadvantages compared to model swaps).

If you're familiar with memory editing, the notes I've written down here might help you get this working: http://www.tzarsectus.com/REV/txt/memoryediting-pc.txt

Ridley327

I have a question regarding the boss fight with
racheal
in episode 4. do you have to
fight her at each encounter or just at the final encounter at that level?

I think you can skip out on the first couple of encounters if you're good at dodging, but it's possible to take her down before the final bit in the cafeteria, and I think you even get an award and an achievement unlocked for doing so.

Manual file swaps still work, you just need to swap very specific files. The demo was friendlier because many files were in their extracted form.

Anyway, all the examples I posted is done via memory editing, which is easier to pull off (and has its own set of advantages and disadvantages compared to model swaps).

If you're familiar with memory editing, the notes I've written down here might help you get this working: http://www.tzarsectus.com/REV/txt/memoryediting-pc.txt

Interesting. I'll look into that. I was just bummed that it wasn't easy to accomplish as it was in the demo version. I started getting errors and the game crashing out on me in the full Steam version.

cvxfreak

The Japan-only e-Capcom Limited Edition BSAA US Agency Watch came out today and mine just came in. I think it looks great!

XVrnwYv.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A newb question about raid mode, but what does the exclamation point next to stages mean? It appears on certain stages randomly, looks like an alert, but I have no idea what it means.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I just compared the 3Ds to Wii U Demo (on the Pad) side by side and I's amazing how well the 3DS versions keeps up. A testament of how well the 3DS looks or how unimpressive is the HD version?

Ken

A newb question about raid mode, but what does the exclamation point next to stages mean? It appears on certain stages randomly, looks like an alert, but I have no idea what it means.

Loading screen tips says that means there are really strong enemies.

CronoShot

Tempted to get this on Wii U. Got to about halfway through the 3DS version, and then just sort of stopped. Didn't lose interest or anything, but I never really came back either.

Played the Wii U demo, seemed pretty good. Are there any significant content differences between the two versions?

Anteo

Tempted to get this on Wii U. Got to about halfway through the 3DS version, and then just sort of stopped. Didn't lose interest or anything, but I never really came back either.

Played the Wii U demo, seemed pretty good. Are there any significant content differences between the two versions?

One extra difficulty, and one new enemy type. Raid mode has more content too (same stages though)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Are the costumes Capcom shown the other day the only unlockable ones in the game? Nothing new aside from them?

In the base game, there are the costumes from the original 3DS game and the three new costumes {Sailor Chris, Pirate Jill, Ninja Keith), which are selectable both in Raid Mode and New Game+. However, there likely will be more costumes/characters as the game has a DLC season pass, and we know the first pieces of DLC coming out are alternate outfits for Rachel and HUNK in Raid Mode (Ooze Rachel, and... Pantless female HUNK).

Daigoro

updated code list. several new from the last few days, a few expired:

Current Codes:
Abyss
Queen
Mayday
Bioterrorism
Raymond
Originaleleven
Hell
Herb
Keith
Scagdead
Ghiozzo
Chris
Scarmiglione
Zombie
Malacoda
Dark
Bow
Luciani

Expired Codes:
Globster
Promenade
Lansdale
Farfarello
Morgan
Beach
Dido
Unveiled
Raccoon
Parker
Albert

In the base game, there are the costumes from the original 3DS game and the three new costumes {Sailor Chris, Pirate Jill, Ninja Keith), which are selectable both in Raid Mode and New Game+. However, there likely will be more costumes/characters as the game has a DLC season pass, and we know the first pieces of DLC coming out are alternate outfits for Rachel and HUNK in Raid Mode (Ooze Rachel, and... Pantless female HUNK).

Can't seem to unlock 'em yet. I'm up to the 3rd stage in the Raid mode and at Level 6. Only unlocked one extra 'dude' character for Raid Mode when I reached lvl 5 for Jill.

Still can't select any stages beyond the 1st 3 raid ones yet. Is it just a matter of progressing the campaign?

PC patch is live:

Hello fans,

We appreciate your feedback on the mini-beta test so far. There are few additions/fixes that have already been made to the build, so rather than holding things back for a bigger update, the team decided to release the first patch, right now.

The following update is available for both full game and the demo.
=================================================
Update/Additions:
- 2560x1440 and 1440x900 screen resolution added.
- Aim Assist ON/OFF toggle added.
- Mouse Acceleration ON/OFF toggle added.

Bug fix:
- 120Hz Refresh Rate setting not saving under certain circumstance.
=================================================

It seems there's more to come.

As a reminder during the beta, it was found the best setting is actually mouse acceleration: on and aim assist: off.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Controls presumably.

The deadzone is that bad? I don't even notice it, are you guys using classic controls or shooter controls? Because the right analog stick seems to be interpreted by the game a little weirdly.

I haven't touched shooter controls I have only played with classic but I am wondering if that could be the reason why.

The deadzone is that bad? I don't even notice it, are you guys using classic controls or shooter controls? Because the right analog stick seems to be interpreted by the game a little weirdly.

I haven't touched shooter controls I have only played with classic but I am wondering if that could be the reason why.

I've only played the PC demo with the gamepad (which should behave the same as the 360/PS3 versions) and can't say I found anything particularly wrong with the controls. Used shooter controls btw.

But others swear the controls are horrible, so maybe I'm not that sensitive to messed up deadzones? (on the other hand the mouse controls took me exactly 2 seconds to realize they were garbage).

I've only played the PC demo with the gamepad (which should behave the same as the 360/PS3 versions) and can't say I found anything particularly wrong with the controls. Used shooter controls btw.

But others swear the controls are horrible, so maybe I'm not that sensitive to messed up deadzones? (on the other hand the mouse controls took me exactly 2 seconds to realize they were garbage).

Dead zone is messed up and it feels like the aiming in general is limited to only 8 directions
You can compensate for this with shooter controls as strafing along X-axis somewhat mitigates this. That being said, they had several REs now where this hasn't been an issue, so why now is baffling. Wondering if its something to do with just not moving over the analog calibrations entirely well from the 3ds slide pad

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Dead zone is messed up and it feels like the aiming in general is limited to only 8 directions
You can compensate for this with shooter controls as strafing along X-axis somewhat mitigates this. That being said, they had several REs now where this hasn't been an issue, so why now is baffling. Wondering if its something to do with just not moving over the analog calibrations entirely well from the 3ds slide pad

You basically answered your question right there, since the 3ds slide pad as I think you're aware of is basically an 8 way d pad so that could explain your dead zone problems. However oddly enough I have either gotten used to this from the 3DS version or I only experience analog control issues on the right stick, which is why I play with classic, but I didn't really like the shooter controls at all.

Did they swap the on and off setting lol. Aim assist should be off, yes, but how can having acceleration on be a positive?

It has been speculated that's exactly what happened lol. Off: seems to behave as the vanilla pre-patch game.

But IMO it seems none of the two options give you truly free from acceleration controls, so it seems they have just tweaked how each of the two emulates the right stick of a gamepad, because let's face it, that's what's happening in the code..

So it appears that with the patch their tweaks with the acceleration setting to on are better than with it off. But neither of them is raw mouse input..

clubstoic

Banned
I had to cancel my Wii U preorder because of the control. The 3DS demo controls just fine, so I'll go for that one unless they fix it on consoles.

It has been speculated that's exactly what happened lol. Off: seems to behave as the vanilla pre-patch game.

But IMO it seems none of the two options give you truly free from acceleration controls, so it seems they have just tweaked how each of the two emulates the right stick of a gamepad, because let's face it, that's what's happening in the code..

So it appears that with the patch their tweaks with the acceleration setting to on are better than with it off. But neither of them is raw mouse input..

Okay lol. Quite unfortunate, I've been making do with Gamepad Classic controls for the campaign for now (dat tank control feel and evasion lol), since the KB/M controls are whacked out and so is the R stick for the camera. Hoped the patch would let me switch to easier KB/M controls.

I hope they fix the forced 16.9 resolution. Resident Evil 6 didn't have that, so why does Revelations?

Sucks.

The core game may be inferior imo, but the PC improvements in RE6 are superior to Revelaitons at the moment, until they get those patches out. Still waiting for expanded FOV options to be implemented as per RE 6. At least they're taking in feedback and working on it.

Limited resolutions aren't a deal breaker for me and my 16:9 screen but it's definitely a big deal for other 16:10 gamers. Quite a number of missing resolutions too. 1680x1050, 1920x1200, etc.

Mononoke

Banned
The core game may be inferior imo, but the PC improvements in RE6 are superior to Revelaitons at the moment, until they get those patches out. Still waiting for expanded FOV options to be implemented as per RE 6. At least they're taking in feedback and working on it.

Limited resolutions aren't a deal breaker for me and my 16:9 screen but it's definitely a big deal for other 16:10 gamers. Quite a number of missing resolutions too. 1680x1050, 1920x1200, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I might just get Resident Evil 6 on PC then, and hold off on Revelations (till the patches). I already played revelations on 3Ds, so that's cool.

Also, are the textures supposed to be THIS washed out? I mean, parts of the game look pretty darn good. But I notice a lot of things in the background are just awful. I mean, I know this is just an HD release of the 3Ds version. But wondering if my games options just aren't working right.

For instance, fire extinguisher look like paper, and are blurry. Doors textures look awful.

Prodigal

Banned
If I loved RE5 and 6, will I dig this? I know it's heresy but I haven't played any other games in the series.

Edit: whoa whoa whoa, no 1920 x 1200?

Top Bottom