• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

pa22word

Game controls like ass with a mouse, and as pointed out earlier, the mouse acceleration toggle just switches between negative (off) and positive (on) acceleration.

Also no five button mouse support in this day and age is pretty shitty. Is anyone else having a bug with 2560x1440 being locked at 50hz refresh rate?

Game controls like ass with a mouse, and as pointed out earlier, the mouse acceleration toggle just switches between negative (off) and positive (on) acceleration.

Also no five button mouse support in this day and age is pretty shitty. Is anyone else having a bug with 2560x1440 being locked at 50hz refresh rate?

The demo was great with the mouse at default settings I thought. The aiming was a little 'sticky' but I had no problems hitting limbs.

Neiteio

I just tried the Steam demo and the KMB controls are surprisingly good. :O

When I tried the 360 controller, I went with Classic, the aiming set to fast, but nothing inverted (usually I play with Y-axis inverted). This seemed to work really well.

And wow, Infernal made short work of me, despite the fact I've S-ranked all of Raid.

I'd buy this right now if I wasn't already buying DKCR3D tonight.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sailor Chris is amazing. Been using him, specializes in Shotguns and Rifles especially, but gets an added bonus where he is invincible for three seconds after consuming an Herb.

To unlock him
play as Quint in Stage 20 and shoot a rocket launcher at one of the chainsaw enemies. Quint because he has a grenade blast bonus that applies to the rocket launcher.
Been using him and Rachel a lot.

Lyonaz

Did the game unlock all 3 pre-order rewards on Steam? When the game unlocked at 1:00 AM in Europe it was still at 60% at tier 3 I think.

Anyways played until Episode 2 - 2 and it controlled great with controller on PC. Will try Raid mode tonight after work.

Jackpot

Banned
I missed picking up the Magnum Python and now I'm on Chapter 8. Do you get any opportunity to backtrack? All the lifts are out of order.

Yet another patch has gone up for the PC version it seems, mouse controls got once again a little bit tighter. http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/828939797043324443/

Did you guys just post another update? I just got another patch, now it feels RIGHT with mouse acceleration on. Still not exactly like raw input. There is still a tiny deadzone, but I can stomach this much more.

Just tried this newer update, while it is indeed a bit better, there's still some deadzone, which means tiny mouse movements make the camera move extremely slowly if at all, while a swipe will make you turn at light speed.

It's still not quite there yet, but this is some great progress.

Hopefully they will fix it completely very soon.

Autofokus

Anything really wrong with the PC Version, something I should know before pulling the trigger buying? I want to play it with a gamepad (360) on my TV, so mouse controls are no concern.

Sectus

Anything really wrong with the PC Version, something I should know before pulling the trigger buying? I want to play it with a gamepad (360) on my TV, so mouse controls are no concern.

Gamepad controls works as well as on 360 and PS3, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I've been playing it with a 360 controller. It works great. Just like playing it on 360, only at a higher resolution and frame rate. :)

Effect

Has the game been selling on the Wii U?

I have the 3DS version and I've been hard pressed to find a justification for getting the game again on the Wii U. At least at full price anyway. Still curious if it's selling. Or if Capcom has any high expectations for the game on the Wii U. If you are a Nintendo hardware owner and were interested in the game I would think there is a very good chance you already own the game on the 3DS.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Raid mode is super addictive, it takes a few rounds to figure out why it is so fun but once you start to realize how it's all about the loot and exploration oh man does the fun really go nuts.

I think the biggest problem is not everyone has downloaded the catalog data from Seam / PSN / XBL so if you have any form of DLC you just can't play with other people who don't.

I miss the RE4 gameplay and shooting/upgrading/exploration mechanics.

What RE should I buy on Steam to get the closest to RE4 gameplay ?

AkuMifune

Banned
The part going back to the corpse from the beginning to get the key....yeah, best survival horror moment I've had in a long time.

Found you.

It's moments like those that make me want to hug this game, such a better experience than 5 or 6. or 4 at times! That game is awesome but 0 atmosphere aside from the first section.

Still haven't found the rifle though.

Yet another patch has gone up for the PC version it seems, mouse controls got once again a little bit tighter. http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/828939797043324443/

Hopefully they will fix it completely very soon.

And formally announced:

HI all,

Yes, the team has just released a new update for the full game and the demo that tackles the dead zone issue. Please give it a try. Hopefully you can now draw a tight circle with the reticle. The team wanted to get this out as quickly as possible so you all can fully enjoy the game over the weekend.

LOL, that's nice of you Capcom.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Still haven't found the rifle though.

Check the swimming pool at the highest possible floor of the giant hall with the big clock.

The rifle spawn seems to be random, my friend had his spawn in that side hall before the promenade just like in the 3DS version but mine appeared in the pool filtration system room.

Owzers

started playing the ps3 version and the aiming does seem really off. Also, when running around and you start to aim, i'm always pointing down unless i have a very high camera angle before starting to aim.

I miss the RE4 gameplay and shooting/upgrading/exploration mechanics.

What RE should I buy on Steam to get the closest to RE4 gameplay ?

Revelaitons comes close to it.

Especially the exploration and upgrading bits in the Ship. You actually have a weapons box to upgrade your weapons with new attachments.

I agree, playing this now reminds how how RE is supposed to be
Pacing, music, atmosphere, lack of ammo and general things like key hunting to open that door from 2 hours ago
Its better this way and I hope Capcom continues on this and trash the RE5/6 gameplay style
They've proved they can make a proper RE .so they better continue

Yeah, I didn't have time to elaborate in my previous post but that's what I was getting at, the atmosphere and the way the game is designed are great if you're a fan of the old games.

I just tried it out with the second patch on PC. it's still not perfect, but it shows definite further improvement. I didn't like the way smoothing felt on the first patch at all, but now smoothing is definitely better than what it originally had.

Daigoro

installing helped the stuttering a lot on 360. much less annoying after I installed the game.

I'm up to about ch6 right now and enjoying the game a lot. raid mode seems very cool too.

Really? I hadn't heard that. I haven't played the game yet, so I don't know how big of a role that character has but cool either way.

I was making a joke. if you're a fan of the band you will know what I mean when you get to that point in the game

Has the game been selling on the Wii U?

I have the 3DS version and I've been hard pressed to find a justification for getting the game again on the Wii U. At least at full price anyway. Still curious if it's selling. Or if Capcom has any high expectations for the game on the Wii U. If you are a Nintendo hardware owner and were interested in the game I would think there is a very good chance you already own the game on the 3DS.

I own it on 3DS, but stopped because I dislike analog aiming and gyro aiming, while better, meant that I couldn't always be comfortable. (And I recently realised I seem to have lost the game somewhere)

If the Wii U version had wiimote aiming, I would have bought that (I could have gotten it for $34 on the eShop) but instead I got the PC version.

Wait...is this for the console versions?

Nope.

BTW the (PC only? I bet all versions!) port seems to have been done by Tose.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Yes, the game was built in close collaboration with TOSE in Japan (you'll see it in the end credits) who've also worked on the original 3DS version.

The current implementation seems to strike the right balance without risk of breaking the game. The team is also aware of the DIRECT INPUT suggestion some have made, but it also affects other parts of the game which requires additional coding, regression test, game balancing, and final QA work (which also means additional man-hour overhead) which is not an easy thing to pull off.

Disclosure: I'm not an official, deidcated community rep per se (just chiming whenever I can), so my posts may be few and far between. Apologies beforehand. It's also one of the reasons why I cannot and will not engage in 'debates,' especially on subjective matters. I trust and put that power into the hands of our fans and community members who are far more capable in putting together a well thought out, objective rebuttals to 'xyz sucks' type posts. Thanks for your understanding. :)

wbacon

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You know, when I first played this, I was like, wow, RE6 sucks compared to this. But having replayed them both on console, it's clear what compromises have been made...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know, when I first played this, I was like, wow, RE6 sucks compared to this. But having replayed them both on console, it's clear what compromises have been made...

Compromises made to what exactly? It's exactly the same as the 3DS version so I can see texture quality been a pretty big compromise for RER but I am not sure what you mean otherwise.

Been running through the retail version on Wii U, controls are a bit deader than they should be but you get used to it pretty quick. I'm able to shoot what I want when I want really quickly now.

Game's as fun as ever and the console version makes it worth another play through. Not regretting the purchase at all.

Compromises made to what exactly? It's exactly the same as the 3DS version so I can see texture quality been a pretty big compromise for RER but I am not sure what you mean otherwise.

I think he means in regards to the scope of the adventure. I played a bit of the demo earlier and the game felt so small, nothing but tiny corridors and only a few slow moving enemies with simple AI routines at a time. The game feels like little more than a tech demo for handhelds and doesn't hold up too well without the tech demo wow factor.

jediyoshi

He's comparing console versions of RE6 to RER and pointing out the disparities between the actual games.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think he means in regards to the scope of the adventure. I played a bit of the demo earlier and the game felt so small, nothing but tiny corridors and only a few slow moving enemies with simple AI routines at a time. The game feels like little more than a tech demo for handhelds and doesn't hold up too well without the tech demo wow factor.

He's comparing console versions of RE6 to RER and pointing out the disparities between the actual games.

One of you guys it correct, but I am not sure which. I was assuming he was talking about compromises made to the franchise as a whole to go back to RER without losing the mainstream appeal that RE5/6 had built up.

Production values in RE6 were mostly wasted on poorly executed setpieces. Revelation's lower budget ended up working in its favor and forced them to create a more focused experience. The essence of a classic RE experience is there, without being ruined by sections where you have to mash a button to run from a big ass explosion or gimmicky vehicle sections.

FOUND YOU!

Also funny story about Rachel when I played on the 3DS.
(Will spoil tag just in case)
When I got to the part where you fight her, when you enter the room and she leaves I never expected her to pop up at the top of the stairs and run at you. Figured it would follow typical game logic where i'd fight her in a "boss room". Needless to say I actually jumped and went OH SHIT out loud while playing the game since it was so unexpected.

PLAY WITH MEEEEEEE

I playing through the 3DS version right now, and almost 6 hours and 5 full chapters in, I've gotta say... the Queen Zenobia part of the game is awesome, but what the fuck is up with all the other parts? Is that shit gonna keep being a part of the game? Because I've gotta tell you, I'm just hating those other parts... Uninteresting and just completely unecessary, with absolutely no sense of progression to them.

The Queen Zenobia parts, however, are top notch RE fare.

Nori Chan

I think it was either yesterday or Wednesday but I was playing with someone who was level 50....ALREADY

I think I'm level 14 and I just finished the first row. Trying to S rank it before I move on though.

I playing through the 3DS version right now, and almost 6 hours and 5 full chapters in, I've gotta say... the Queen Zenobia part of the game is awesome, but what the fuck is up with all the other parts? Is that shit gonna keep being a part of the game? Because I've gotta tell you, I'm just hating those other parts... Uninteresting and just completely unecessary, with absolutely no sense of progression to them.

The Queen Zenobia parts, however, are top notch RE fare.

Yeah, the other parts only make me want to go back to Jill and her ghost ship, fortunately they are short.

Ein Bear

Playing this just makes me crave a Wii U port of Resident Evil 4, complete with pointer controls, with every fibre of my being.

Top Bottom