• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Just got the PC version. How's raid mode in single player?

Bloody addictive. Trumps RE 6's raid mode. It's a fucking awesome collect-a-thon with level ups and in depth weapon stats. No time limits either, which is a huge improvement imo.

I love the single player focus of Revelaitons as a whole. Hard to believe the Nintendo 3DS of all consoles, got the best RE made this gen until recently.

Fucking coop focus in 5 and 6 made me feel like barfing. 5 was especially terrible when played alone, Sheva was a brain dead AI companion unless you played with a pal.

Imo yes. I generally dislike the more actiony, super hero, QTE heavy focus of RE 6, so there's your point of reference.
I meant more that RE6 doesn't have a Raid mode and if you meant Mercenaries in your post, which it seems you did.

As for me, I enjoy both. They're really quite different beasts for me to prefer one over the other. I'm halfway through on Trench (or whatever the first row is called) and have enjoyed myself quite a lot. I think I did enjoy it a bit more in co-op, but SP is just as enjoyable. I'm currently level 10, so it feels like I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to the mode.

Really, it's nice to know that Capcom can make great side-game content that's not Mercenaries and have it be just as awesome.

Yeah, the other parts only make me want to go back to Jill and her ghost ship, fortunately they are short.

You said it... The ship parts are just top notch. Best RE since 4, and most definitely the best RE apart from the Holy Trinity (2/REmake/4), at least so far. The non-ship parts are kind of just there, unfortunately...

Parabéns pelo campeonato, já agora. ^^

Daigoro

yep Raid Mode is way fun. just played about 4 matches co-op. dodging and knifing Hunters to death is so awesome.

i got the Dynamic Duo achievement on my first co-op game. it was beautiful.

i keep hearing the "thanks" emotes from Mercs in Raid mode, is there any way to do this manually or is it automatic?

L.O.R.D

i am playing now on infernal mode for the first time
i already play it on 3DS
man, this game is so different
every ozz need 2-3 dozen of bullets to kill him
i found something, you can see box of weapons in every level ( almost every level )
this box contain weapons you got it from Raid modem that mean if you're level is high in Raid mode, you can kill the monsters easily in the infernal mode
so,don't try to enter the infernal mode for the first time, reach level 20+ then you can try it

pa22word

Ugh, sounds like they won't be fixing the mouse controls. Game is pretty much unplayable with a mouse atm due to its forced acceleration, so I'm resorting to using a fucking gamepad in a PC shooter.

What a waste of $40. If I wanted to play with imprecise analog controls I would have stuck with the 3ds version.

Ugh, sounds like they won't be fixing the mouse controls. Game is pretty much unplayable with a mouse atm due to its forced acceleration, so I'm resorting to using a fucking gamepad in a PC shooter.

What a waste of $40. If I wanted to play with imprecise analog controls I would have stuck with the 3ds version.

Huh? They're trying to rectify it to some degree, according to some of angular graphics previous posts in this thread:-

Yet another patch has gone up for the PC version it seems, mouse controls got once again a little bit tighter. http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/828939797043324443/

Hopefully they will fix it completely very soon.

Ein Bear

Yes please, but only if it's $20 and in HD.

5cdH78g.gif

Jackpot

Banned
So regarding the story ending
how come O'Brian wasn't thrown in jail for setting up the fake Veltro airbase filled with BOWs? He knowingly sent Jill & Parker into a situation that should have killed them whilst pretending to be as mystified as everyone else as to what was going on. Rachel died trying to look into this.

pa22word

Huh? They're trying to rectify it to some degree, according to some of angular graphics previous posts in this thread:-

They didn't rectify shit. They just added a fake on/off toggle for "mouse acceleration" that does nothing but change the acceleration from positive acceleration (slow swipes = nothing, fast swipes = 720 degree turn) to negative acceleration (slow swipes = molasses mouse, fast swipes = ok), and based on their message all they plan on doing is adjusting the acceleration values because raw input is "too hard to implement".

Neff

how come O'Brian wasn't thrown in jail for setting up the fake Veltro airbase filled with BOWs? He knowingly sent Jill & Parker into a situation that should have killed them whilst pretending to be as mystified as everyone else as to what was going on. Rachel died trying to look into this.

Horrible, horrible, fucking horrible story.

And I love RE stories.

How hyperbolic. Unplayable? As I've said before, I'm having no issues hitting limbs with the mouse. Certainly superior to using a stick.

Pikma

Banned
Aw fuck I'll have to bite, I already own the 3DS version but haven't played it, that might be my excuse, yesh, I'll get it.

pa22word

How hyperbolic... I'm having no issues

How conceited.

And yes, it is unplayable with a mouse. Anytime mouse acceleration is implemented in a shooter it forces the player to guess where his shots will land based on the acceleration algorithm used. This is a stark contrast to raw input, where shots land based on where I fucking place them.

Certainly superior to using a stick.

Arguable. With analog sticks a certain amount of imprecision is guaranteed, so with a hefty dose of auto aim shooting can still feel decent. When mouse acceleration is introduced to mouse aiming it takes something that is supposed to give the player near perfect precision and makes it imprecise simply for the sake of it. And to me, if I'm not getting the precision inherent then why bother using a mouse at all? Guess what I'm getting at is that decent/good gampad controls (by gamepad standards) > shitty mouse controls, imo.

Because RE plots dosn't make sense.

Don't look too much into it.

Jawmuncher

How the hell do I add the link code for RE:R to to my RE.net account?
Im on the 360.

Apparently since I linked with RE6, I don't have to link with this?
I had to go and read on gamefaqs. Still really confused about all of this though.
Guess i'll just fuck around in raid for now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Apparently since I linked with RE6, I don't have to link with this?
I had to go and read on gamefaqs. Still really confused about all of this though.
Guess i'll just fuck around in raid for now.

Your capcom account is tied to directly to your PSN / XBL account so RER is detected automatically, you might have to force a synchronization through the site though.

Also finally decided to really sit down and play Raid mode with a buddy today, we started at 7pm when I got off work a while later we check the clock and i t is now 3am. Wow, raid mode is amazing.

Miker

Just booted up the PC version, controls on the gamepad feel much better compared to the demo, even on normal speed, which is what I kept it at. Didn't start the campaign yet, just ran through the first level of Raid mode, which seems really cool in its RPG/loot progression.

It also looks really clean downsampled 1440p with forced 4xMSAA, still at 60fps. Thank you based MT Framework.

Some questions, though:

What does the level on Raid mode control? Difficulty? If I'm level 3 and I do the same run, what's different?

I apparently have the Signature Weapon Pack DLC. Are these guns overpowered? Should I not be using in Raid mode right off the bat because they upset the balance at level 1?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What does the level on Raid mode control? Difficulty? If I'm level 3 and I do the same run, what's different?

I apparently have the Signature Weapon Pack DLC. Are these guns overpowered? Should I not be using in Raid mode right off the bat because they upset the balance at level 1?

Level in raid mode gives you a damage boost to lower level enemies and makes it harder to kill higher level enemies, or at least that is my impression of it. Level also dictates what weapons you can and cannot equip.

The signature weapon pack is not overpowered by any means, most of the guns may look like they have a high fire power output but all raid mode guns in general have a higher damage output. The starting M92F has like 240 damage on it? The signature weapon pack will help you out till you get yourself some real guns but for the most part it is pretty balanced. Most of them have very small magazine capacities which means reloading more often with them.

The real bonus of the signature weapons pack is the BSAA, FBC and STARS illegal parts, because they are simply amazing. For example the STARS illegal parts have like 10% crit and 4% damage bonus, but it doesn't count as either so you could have the STARS part with another damage bonus and another critical bonus.

Level in raid mode gives you a damage boost to lower level enemies and makes it harder to kill higher level enemies, or at least that is my impression of it. Level also dictates what weapons you can and cannot equip.

Also, having a level higher than the recommended stage level will reduce BP rewards at the end of the stage drastically. We're talking about an 70-80% reduction.

I'm really enjoying farming a particular lower level stage for quick BP as the Trinity Bonus is easy to get in that stage too, even with the recommended level. (Stage 2 with the oozes, slow lumbering things that they are, and the open area makes it a cakewalk)

destrudo

Me and my friend just want to play raid mode (PC) is there anyway to unlock all the stages without playing the campaign? Both of us already beat it on 3DS. Hell, does anyone have a save file or something?

You said it... The ship parts are just top notch. Best RE since 4, and most definitely the best RE apart from the Holy Trinity (2/REmake/4), at least so far. The non-ship parts are kind of just there, unfortunately...

Parabéns pelo campeonato, já agora. ^^

Porra, quantos portugueses é que há aqui afinal lol?

Haven't finished the campaign yet, not much time to play these days, all this talk about raid mode is making me want to jump in right away but I'll finish the campaign first.

Digital Foundry made a face off comparing all versions of the game:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-resident-evil-revelations-face-off

Although it's 'only' a port of a technically impressive portable game, Resident Evil: Revelations never just feels like an up-rezzed 3DS title for current-gen systems. The translation from handheld to consoles is generally excellent, with the use of higher-quality assets and the implementation of more refined visual effects allowing the game to shape up quite nicely on the home systems compare to the significantly weaker 3DS hardware. As a result, the combination of claustrophobic level design, lighting model and atmosphere all come together to form quite an engrossing experience which delivers more scares and tense scenes than other recent instalments in the series.

The 360 and PS3 versions are worth equal consideration, while the PC game, despite a few hiccups, provides the most fluid and responsive experience available due to running at much higher frame-rates and without needing powerful hardware to do so. Revelations is still well worth buying on the Wii U if you don't own the other current-gen consoles - it's still the same excellent game. But the more erratic performance means and less precise controls mean that it isn't quite as fun to play.

Sectus

Me and my friend just want to play raid mode (PC) is there anyway to unlock all the stages without playing the campaign? Both of us already beat it on 3DS. Hell, does anyone have a save file or something?

You need to complete campaign to unlock all raid mode stages. Save files are tied to user IDs so you can't share them.

You could probably unlock all stages via modding, but I dunno if anyone has created a trainer for that.

cvxfreak

this is awesome by the way. where did you get it? i see them up on play asia for a pretty penny.

planning on wearing it, or just keeping it in a box?

I live in Japan, so I ordered it directly from Capcom.

I'm wearing it. It looks far better than I imagined, and is a nice change of pace from the watch I usually wear (an Omega).

I just finished yet another sub chapter, and decided to take a break, when it hit me.

Of all the RE main protags featured so far in a mainline game, it seems like Claire Redfield has been given the short end of the stick. She has yet to return as a main protag for a RE game since RE2 and Veronica.

I wonder why that is, she was immensely popular in RE2, wasn't she?

Capcpom seems content to just stick her in their B grade CGI movie tie ins (Degeneration et.al), spin offs and that's about it.

I just finished yet another sub chapter, and decided to take a break, when it hit me.

Of all the RE main protags featured so far in a mainline game, it seems like Claire Redfield has been given the short end of the stick. She has yet to return as a main protag for a RE game since RE2 and Veronica.

I wonder why that is, she was immensely popular in RE2, wasn't she?

Capcpom seems content to just stick her in their B grade CGI movie tie ins (Degeneration et.al), spin offs and that's about it.

She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and her only real importance is being Chris' sister.
she can't even be labeled as Leon's main love interest.

Claire needs to be back for RE7, it just needs to happen.
Playing Umbrella Chronicles made me realize how much I miss seeing her in the recent RE games.
They've had this awesome quartet of characters that everyone loves since RE2 and keep introducing these lame characters nobody cares about instead of bringing back Claire, it's really annoying.

Claire needs to be back for RE7, it just needs to happen.
Playing Umbrella Chronicles made me realize how much I miss seeing her in the recent RE games.
They've had this awesome quartet of characters that everyone loves since RE2 and keep introducing these lame characters nobody cares about instead of bringing back Claire, it's really annoying.

Exactly. The other three (Chris, Jill and Leon) get so much love by CAPCPOM and have been featured in almost every single game after their introduction. Except Claire, she seems to be the red headed step child of their franchise lol.

Hell even that troublesome child no one remembers from RE 2 has a spot in RE 6.

Put a decent five hours into the campaign last night and I'm half way through the game, it feels completely fresh playing it on something that isn't a tiny screen. The new enemy is pretty cool but they go down quite easy but I'm only playing Normal.

Also on the subject of Claire haven't Capcom pushed her to one side now saying she's not a fighter anymore with Degeneration? She is my overall favourite Resident Evil character but she is pretty much just guest character status now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone on PSN up for some raid? I'm gonna be around level 14 but I would like to kill things with you guys.
Just add me with your GAF name in the message.
PSN: Drillingsworth

Exactly. The other three (Chris, Jill and Leon) get so much love by CAPCPOM and have been featured in almost every single game after their introduction. Except Claire, she seems to be the red headed step child of their franchise lol.

Hell even that troublesome child no one remembers from RE 2 has a spot in RE 6.

Eh even Leon doesn't get all that much love, off the top of my head he has only been playable in 3 of the major releases and appears in 4 if you count Code Veronica. He wasn't even playable or unlockable in Mercs 3D or in RE5 mean while barry and becky chambers were. Leon is just a lot easier to sell on posters I think.

And I like new characters in RE, they're refreshing and most of the time are done pretty well for example Parker in RER is pretty great, he's a lot of fun too.

Seik

Banned
I'm off to buy it in a few minutes.

Quick question: The Wii U version doesn't have any downside performance wise compared to the other versions?

This game is kinda boring so far. I'm only 2 chapters in, when do things pick up a little?

On the other, I have a lot of fun playing Raid Mode. I wish Capcom would just make a game with Mercs and Raid, with all the characters and maps from previous games.

Put a decent five hours into the campaign last night and I'm half way through the game, it feels completely fresh playing it on something that isn't a tiny screen. The new enemy is pretty cool but they go down quite easy but I'm only playing Normal.

Also on the subject of Claire haven't Capcom pushed her to one side now saying she's not a fighter anymore with Degeneration? She is my overall favourite Resident Evil character but she is pretty much just guest character status now.

Pretty much, but they can always change their mind and reuse the same "I'm looking for my brother Chris who disappeared while investigating x" excuse to bring her back. :p

Varna

Such a shame they weren't brave enough to make the entire game like the ship environment. The sections not involving Jill are just garbage. Far worse then anything in RE5/6 too.

Pretty much, but they can always change their mind and reuse the same "I'm looking for my brother Chris who disappeared while investigating x" excuse to bring her back. :p

Can't believe this wasnt this case in RE6 tbh? Chris goes missing... and neither Jill or Claire does anything? KkkkKKkKkkkkKKKKkk...! Can't wait for the game that tells the story events between 5 and 6.

Anteo

Such a shame they weren't brave enough to make the entire game like the ship environment. The sections not involving Jill are just garbage. Far worse then anything in RE5/6 too.

Don't worry, after a while the Jill sections will play like the outside sections too!!
:(

ezekial45

Banned
Did they add new weapons to the raid mode? I noticed that some of the names have been changed. The Pale Rider from the 3DS version is now called the Grim Reaper in the re-release.

Anteo

I'm not really getting the dodge mechanic or using it effectively. Would have really helped on
Norman

The timing is different from enemy to enemy, so you just have to learn how to dodge him on the spot. I could dodge regular oozes almost always, and dodge the hunters sometimes, but that thing? only on accident.

Top Bottom