• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

pa22word

How hard is the game? I'm fucking awful at RE games, and I'm just tempted to play on Casual. How hard is the game in comparison to say...RE4?

They're different kinds of games, pretty much. Where RE4 places a lot of emphasis on precise shot placement and skillful execution of melee attacks this game places more emphasis on creating distance between yourself and unloading an ungodly amount of ammo in them until they drop. I'd say RE4 is harder, but this game is more annoying. If that makes sense

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
so who is playing raid mode on PC?

You're playing it on PC? I was tempted to get it on PC (love me some KBM, and I have a decent rig), but there's no boxed version. :\

I was going to pick it up on Wii U instead.

pa22word

I'd be open to playing raid mode when I finish the campaign. Hopefully by then Capcom/Tose gets the mouse aiming fixed.

GrayFoxPL

How hard is the game? I'm fucking awful at RE games, and I'm just tempted to play on Casual. How hard is the game in comparison to say...RE4?

You gonna get killed if you try to run through unknown territory. Enemies on corners, enemies from vets on your 6.

Kard8p3

This game is sitting in my cart, waiting for me to buy, but I am hesitating; so help me out GAF, is this a better purchase than RE6?

This game is sitting in my cart, waiting for me to buy, but I am hesitating; so help me out GAF, is this a better purchase than RE6?

I think RE6 is a considerably better game, and certainly more fun to play but many disagree. Don't want to discourage you from getting Revelations with my RE6 love :p

Both certainly provide a lot of long time value though. Revelations has Raid mode which is an incredible time sink, and Resie 6 has mercs and the other multiplayer modes.

GrayFoxPL

RE6 is actually a good game once you realize it's made by Outbreak creator and is esentially Outbreak 3. Revelations feels low budged but is little more in line with older RE while 6 is push forward, kill, splosions, save your partner, boss, another boss, splosions! But it has good characters and voice acting unlike Revelations.

Erekiddo

Redbox'd this over the weekend and finished it.

It desperately needed a run button.

It also needed to drop the 'carrying someone' acts. That just slows it down that much more.

RE6 is actually a good game once you realize it's made by Outbreak creator and is esentially Outbreak 3. Revelations feels low budged but is little more in line with older RE while 6 is push forward, kill, splosions, save your partner, boss, another boss, splosions! But it has good characters and voice acting unlike Revelations.

I had no clue it was by the Outbreak creator, no wonder I love 6 so much. Outbreak 1/2 are my favorite games in the series aside from 4/Remake. I wish Capcom would re-release them with true online. Incredible games.

GrayFoxPL

I had no clue it was by the Outbreak creator, no wonder I love 6 so much. Outbreak 1/2 are my favorite games in the series aside from 4/Remake. I wish Capcom would re-release them with true online. Incredible games.

My brother!

iRbV1Z5pKRgif.jpg

Kard8p3

Wow; did not know that about RE6; I loved OB1/2, they are my favorite alongside 2/4/REmake. so I will definitely have to get 6 at some point then! But I will get REV for now! Thanks you guys! :)

I also agree with ricochetguro; if Capcom would re-release OB1/2 I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Wow; did not know that about RE6; I loved OB1/2, they are my favorite alongside 2/4/REmake. so I will definitely have to get 6 at some point then! But I will get REV for now! Thanks you guys! :)

I also agree with ricochetguro; if Capcom would re-release OB1/2 I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I still have a copy of OB 2. Good games, ahead of the online boom imo. I loved RE6 for the record but also love revelations. It's hard for me to dislike any RE game minus just a couple.

Mileena

Banned
I am. Searching for games to join leaves me with nothing.

post your Steam page and I'll add you

You're playing it on PC? I was tempted to get it on PC (love me some KBM, and I have a decent rig), but there's no boxed version. :\

I was going to pick it up on Wii U instead.

I don't see any reason to pick up multiplats on Wii U (or any console for that matter) over PC. It's a shooter, so mouse/keyboard works so much better than a pad. Plus a buddy and I had 60 viewers last night streaming some raid mode S ranks :D

GrayFoxPL

I still have a copy of OB 2. Good games, ahead of the online boom imo. I loved RE6 for the record but also love revelations. It's hard for me to dislike any RE game minus just a couple.

Online in Outbreak file 2 (because original didn't have online in Europe) was my one of first and most memorable online experiences.

And most hilarious with the in game voice options. Like when other players wanted gun or herb from you.

"Kevin?"

"No"

Kevin?!"

"No"

"Kevin"

"No"

"Kevin!"

"NO!"

God, so many moments that game had.

Do it Capcom, HD rerelease please.

Varna

RE6 is actually a good game once you realize it's made by Outbreak creator and is esentially Outbreak 3.

What the fuck? How does this make any kind of sense?

Yeah, the Outbreak creator made the game. All right? So what? I should praise it because of his involvement? Game is absolutely nothing like Outbreak in any conceivable way (other then having online play). Outbreak was classic RE in an online atmosphere. RE6 is the complete opposite of classic RE in general... yeah, I guess that basically makes it Outbreak 3.

EDIT: Would love a HD release of Outbreak (with all the scenarios bundles into one game). Games were crazy ahead of their time. Excellent in SP and MP.

Miker

I'd be down to create a Steam group for Raid Mode if there's more than a few of us who'll actually play. Otherwise, we may as well trade Steam IDs and call it a day.

L.O.R.D

question
if i mode the game for jill to appear like the Remake jill
can they ban me ? can i enter Raid mode with some one and no problem ?

question
if i mode the game for jill to appear like the Remake jill
can they ban me ? can i enter Raid mode with some one and no problem ?

Believe it would just be like Left 4 Dead where other players don't see your modded appearance. No one else gets to see Lightning slaughter zombies ;-;

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
post your Steam page and I'll add you

I don't see any reason to pick up multiplats on Wii U (or any console for that matter) over PC. It's a shooter, so mouse/keyboard works so much better than a pad. Plus a buddy and I had 60 viewers last night streaming some raid mode S ranks :D
I like boxes (also, I'm not sure I'll be able to bring my rig with me when I move, so I'm hesitant to buy anything on PC right now)

News Bot

Banned
People praising Eiichiro Sasaki for BH6 because he directed Outbreak is a bit disappointing. Outbreak itself was a complete failure of a game botched from the get-go, and it's very possible that he was responsible for that. Judging from his shit ideas ("every time Ada has appeared it has been a different clone") he's the absolute last person who should be allowed to have any involvement with the series.

GulAtiCa

I find Scarmiglione(one w/ shields) in this game to be very easy to kill when you have a 3000 power Magnum. 1 shot to the leg and 2 to the chest, and they are gone. I remember being killed by these guys a lot back on the 3DS. this time I came prepared. lol

A lot better. Actually fun to play. I love the Raid mode, it's why I re-bought it on the Wii U.

People praising Eiichiro Sasaki for BH6 because he directed Outbreak is a bit disappointing. Outbreak itself was a complete failure of a game botched from the get-go, and it's very possible that he was responsible for that. Judging from his shit ideas ("every time Ada has appeared it has been a different clone") he's the absolute last person who should be allowed to have any involvement with the series.

How was it botched from the get go? The Outbreak games to me were very much ahead of the curve and fixed a lot of the series's niggling control issues that had persisted for far too long. I don't really feel Resie 6 has much in common with Outbreak other than some unique coop elements and the ability to move and shoot though.

News Bot

Banned
How was it botched from the get go? The Outbreak games to me were very much ahead of the curve and fixed a lot of the series's niggling control issues that had persisted for far too long. I don't really feel Resie 6 has much in common with Outbreak other than some unique coop elements and the ability to move and shoot though.

Don't get me wrong, I like Outbreak quite a bit. It's a good game at the core and is arguably one of the better games in the series from a creative perspective. But it's just not as good as it should've been.

20 scenarios planned and developed. Only five released (and another five later). No online in Europe. Absolutely no optimization. Poor netcode, etc. These are issues I doubt a competent director would've let slide past. For every step forward it made for the series, it took two steps back for itself as a game. As it stands, it's an incomplete game with great ideas but sketchy execution.

Don't get me wrong, I like Outbreak quite a bit. It's a good game at the core and is arguably one of the better games in the series from a creative perspective. But it's just not as good as it should've been.

20 scenarios planned and developed. Only five released (and another five later). No online in Europe. Absolutely no optimization. Poor netcode, etc. These are issues I doubt a competent director would've let slide past. For every step forward it made for the series, it took two steps back for itself as a game. As it stands, it's an incomplete game with great ideas but sketchy execution.

Ah, see where you were coming from now although "complete failure of a game" doesn't seem to mesh completely with your followup :D A lot of those issues seem like things that would be out of his control though, especially the lack of online play in Europe (didn't know about that)

I remember the game running well enough online, although it should be noted at the time I was amazed just at the fact that I was playing a Resident Evil game online :D Most frustrating thing about the release was the lack of headset support, the commands just didn't do it.

The other ten were actually finished?

Jawmuncher

I forgot to give this game props for the epilogue.
You know telling us what every character us up to at the end of the game is all we ask for.
But aside from this and RE3 off the top of my head, it's just something capcom doesn't like to do.

I'm inclined to agree

RE6 is S-Rank for sure but not because of its story or writing

News Bot

Banned
Ah, see where you were coming from now although "complete failure of a game" doesn't seem to mesh completely with your followup :D A lot of those issues seem like things that would be out of his control though, especially the lack of online play in Europe (didn't know about that)

I remember the game running well enough online, although it should be noted at the time I was amazed just at the fact that I was playing a Resident Evil game online :D Most frustrating thing about the release was the lack of headset support, the commands just didn't do it.

The other ten were actually finished?

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit. :p

The other ten were finished, and quite a bit of their data is on the disks that were released. A giant Neptune, at least one other Tyrant, G-Birkin, dead Miguel, etc.

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit. :p

The other ten were finished, and quite a bit of their data is on the disks that were released. A giant Neptune, at least one other Tyrant, G-Birkin, dead Miguel, etc.

Shame :/ Would be nice if they one day gave the premise another go but that's rather unlikely I suppose.

Don't want to make a thread for it so I'll ask here. Are the gamecube versions of Resie 2/3/CV worth picking up? I have 2/3 on the PS1(and psn) and CV on PSN. Didn't know if they had any interesting extras.

Shame :/ Would be nice if they one day gave the premise another go but that's rather unlikely I suppose.

Don't want to make a thread for it so I'll ask here. Are the gamecube versions of Resie 2/3/CV worth picking up? I have 2/3 on the PS1(and psn) and CV on PSN. Didn't know if they had any interesting extras.

Not that I'm aware of, but I do think they had the awesome Type C controls where you used the pressure-sensitive R-button to move. I really liked that setup.

Also, anyone that wants to play Raid Mode on PC, add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rocketdarkness/

I'm only level 4 or so, but I do intend to make my way through all the levels.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Outbreak has the best theme music in the series, also best intro.

YoungOne

I have 2 and 3 on cube and they are just straight ports nothing new, unless you prefer the cubes controller then just stick with what you have. For cv i dont know.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

straight ports & if you have the CV HD then the GCN version is a waste of time, I believe it was ported from PS2's CVX.

GulAtiCa

Has it been revealed about how you get the Jill Pirate Costume? I beat the game on normal, but it seems that is not how you get it. Perhaps I need to go a bit further in raid mode.

I am curious to know will there be upcoming DLC for this game? Or does this game have on-disc DLC like Resident Evil 6? Also for those who are aware of RE.NET Online Events, do you think this game will have events like Resident Evil 6? I can't think of a potential event in my head. I suppose it will be mostly related to Raid Mode rather than Campaign.

Top Bottom