• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Insaniac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOCDZnDIno - Montage showing all melees, characters and costumes. Obvious spoiler warning for this video.

I've been recording my playthrough of the game at Infernal difficulty with a clean save (meaning no new game+), I've completed up to episode 6 but only uploaded up to episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBg1L0-QPs

I have to say, playing like this on infernal has made the game much more enjoyable for me. I actually think more about how to navigate through the ship and how to prepare for certain combat scenarios.

There was a bug/oversight where the game had some missing resolutions, but it should have be fixed in a patch now.

man, Hunk and Rachel(?) have the best maylays. Too bad I won't double dip, as I love playing this on portable with my bro. Also, in the 3DS version, after you cap out at level 50 in Raid mode, is there a way to make all monsters level to you so you can play all the levels with the appropriate challenge?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Link pls?

REmake Jill mod (WIP)
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=25175

it's work in progress, they will post it when it's done and stable, but from the look of it, it will be out soon.
sinttulo3q.png
xRyPieP.jpg

Jill RE3 outfit having a weird issue for now

RE5 Jill Face(available for download) got new version with some tweaks as well
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=24988

before/after

akaoni

Banned
I've only played the demo so far, and briefly ran through to face a few enemies. I found the enemies themselves to be rather boring. Botox Jill is also a no-go, but that can be fixed somewhat (though I want old Jill back in any further games), but the worst part has to be the VA change for Jill, I mean Michelle Ruff? Really? She doesn't fit Jill Valentine - stay away from games and stick to animu with that grating voice. My waifu is ruined.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
can anyone tell me the difference between trench and chasm? are they just different difficulties?

I assume you have to beat chasm to unlock trench? are those the only two levels?

Chasm/Dark [in Japanese version] = Easy
Trench/Deep = Normal
Abyss = Hold onto your butts

It's not just HP upgrade, you get new sets of enemies to fight for each difficulty, and of course, better item drops.

You unlock the next tier by beating the current one, yes.

Nori Chan

Lol I' about level 23 going in on level 28 missions. Thank god for Co Op but it's starting to get harder now. Anyone know good places to grind? Cause I definetely need better weapons and shit

Varna

Just finished the campaign. Gameplay wise is was fairly inconsistent. The main ship segments were good, everything else felt like a low budget RE6 knock off. I really like all the story clues hidden around the environment but it's just a shame the actual story is just complete nonsense. Early RE wasn't a highlight in gaming storytelling, but the stories themselves were interesting and were filled with memorable moments. I really miss the smaller scales these games use to have. Now it's just one world wide catastrophe after another.

Oh yeah, and god damn turret section. Does anyone actually like these things? So bad.

pa22word

Was just patched on steam (12.7 MBs, patch notes/changelog? LOL). Here's hoping they fixed the mouse aiming properly this time.

EDIT: And yes! It seems now after initially playing around with it, mouse acceleration OFF is indeed raw input!

They still need to fix the non-OTS camera so that it doesn't scale so far with the sensitivity though >.>

Also I suspect sensitivity will be a little low for some. I'm using 9 where in most games I settle around 5/6.

Neff

RE6 is actually a good game once you realize it's made by Outbreak creator and is esentially Outbreak 3. Revelations feels low budged but is little more in line with older RE while 6 is push forward, kill, splosions, save your partner, boss, another boss, splosions! But it has good characters and voice acting unlike Revelations.

While the 2nd half of Leon's first chapter is definitely a nod to Outbreak (and a very good one), it's otherwise not really comparable. RE6 is a straight-up arcade action game through and through.

It also beats Revelations in every capacity bar Raid Mode.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Was just patched on steam (12.7 MBs, patch notes/changelog? LOL). Here's hoping they fixed the mouse aiming properly this time.

EDIT: And yes! It seems now after initially playing around with it, mouse acceleration OFF is indeed raw input!

They still need to fix the non-OTS camera so that it doesn't scale so far with the sensitivity though >.>

Also I suspect sensitivity will be a little low for some. I'm using 9 where in most games I settle around 5/6.

apparently the patch add 2048x1152 and 2560x1080 res support too.

Pooya

anybody playing the PC ver (demo) with DualShock3? I swapped the trigger/shoulders buttons in the driver so that I shoot/aim with L1/R1, but I have to press the button firmly for it to register due to analog input, changing options in the driver doesn't seem to help with the sensitivity, any advice?

edit: nvm, fixed it. 'Better DS3' sucks.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In the 3DS version,
Morgan
was the award for beating Ghost Ship (and by "beating," I mean finding the true exit). Is he now unlocked in some other way?

I think they're both awarded to you that way, but I might be mistaken (not quite there yet). To my understanding, all of the characters are unlocked the same way, except the new characters, which you get by the following:

Rachel: Get a trinity award (trinity award has been changed since the 3DS game, accuracy no longer matters. What matters now is not taking damage, killing every enemy, and being underleveled for the mission).

HUNK: Complete every stage with an S-Ranking on Abyss difficulty.

Sailor Chris: Do 100,000 damage to a single enemy with a single shot in Raid Mode.

Pirate Jill: Complete Ghost Ship.

Ninja Keith: Get to player level 50.

People were talking about a funny trailer with Rachel. Could someone point me to it ?

Talking about her reveal trailer? This never happens in the game, but there is a trailer of Rachel's 'story':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2H79FW2uvI

New Steam patch changelog:

=====================================
Added:
- 2048x1152 and 2560x1080 resolution support

Fixed:
- ON/OFF toggle for the Mouse Acceleration setting was previously backwards. ON is now actually ON and OFF is OFF.

Dusk Golem

New Steam patch changelog:

People can say what they want about Capcom, but I find the lengths of which they've tackled and patched stuff from fan request both on Resident Evil 6 and Revelations HD to be very commendable. Generally I've found the Resident Evil branch of Capcom to be pretty good with its user base and response.

People can say what they want about Capcom, but I find the lengths of which they've tackled and patched stuff from fan request both on Resident Evil 6 and Revelations HD to be very commendable. Generally I've found the Resident Evil branch of Capcom to be pretty good with its user base and response.

Yet not one announced for console :(

Dusk Golem

I'm going to make the assumption consoles will be updated once they have everything sorted out. Unlike Steam, on consoles you have to pay to release patches, so I am guessing they want to make sure they have everything sorted. The big RE6 patch to fix some heavy fan-request issues to turn off QTEs, change the camera, etc., did release to consoles (and was the version of the game the PC release was based off of).

Well since your problem is with gamepad controls it's not like any of the PC patches did anything to improve them so.. you're not missing anything :p

Also regarding a stuttering issue some people have:

I'm aware and team has been made aware of it. The issue seems to be related to driver compatibility which requires some time for proper investigation (and possibly help from AMD). I don't have much information to share beyond this right now, but will be sure to update as soon as I have more info.

Nemesis_

I was struggling so hard to kill
Rachael
before reaching the canteen / cafeteria. I think it's one for a casual run. :(

Sectus

I'm trying to make some actual sense of the overall storyline. Can anyone who actually understands the storyline comment on this?

Character motivations/intent:

Chris, Jill, Parker, Keith, Quint: Just following orders for the BSAA.

O'Brian: Set up a trap for Jill and Chris in order to get the attention of the FBC? He made people believe Veltro is alive again and got Raymond to set up a trap on Queen Zenobia.

Morgan: Evil dude who helped terrorist group veltro do a BOW attack on Terragrigia in order to get the public to become aware of the global BOW threat.

Norman: Evil dude who's evil.

Jessica: Double agent who's actually working for someone to get the t-abyss virus (tricell?), but pretends to be with the BSAA.

Raymond: Under orders from O'Brian to fake the revival of the Veltro, and pretends to be working for the FBC too, but is ultimately working for a third party to get the t-abyss virus.

And here's a bunch of questions...

If Veltro was never active, who were the terrorists on that air base Chris found? Were those FBC people?

Why didn't O'Brian simply tell Chris and Jill to investigate the "Veltro" base and the Queen Zenobia without dangerously fooling his agents? He must have been aware there were BOWs on the Queen Zenobia and that would be enough reason to investigate it without fooling his agents. And was his reason simply to attract the attention of the FBC?

Why is Quint so okay with O'Brian dangerously fooling his agents? He doesn't even question his intents at all when finding out about the truth.

Just what the hell is up about Raymond and Jessica? The fact they're supposed to be triple or double agents makes their actions extremely hard to rationalize. Raymond goes to absurdly weird lengths to make the whole situation be a complete mystery to Jill; did he have any reasons for doing that? He mentions his partner is Rachael, so he's pretending to be working for the FBC too?

And Jessica's role is weird. The game implies she's been with the BSAA for a very long time, but she was working for another company the entire time just to get the t-abyss virus? Why does she suddenly become super evil during the final ten minutes in the game and want people dead despite treating them as good friends earlier in the game?

What was Rachael doing on the queen zenobia? How does she relate to Raymond in all this?

I swear this is the most confusing RE storyline of all time. It doesn't help that the dialogue is really poorly written and/or localized.

Aaron

I can't believe how bad the dialogue is in this game. It approaches NES levels of Engrish at times. You would think the voice actors would point out what they're saying makes no sense.

lol I still think it's funny they're trying to play it off like they didn't give two options for different forms of acceleration on an on/off toggle. Regardless, it got fixed so yay!

Fixed meaning Acceleration OFF = Raw Input, or Fixed meaning Acceleration OFF = Mouse Acceleration negative?

pa22word

Fixed meaning Acceleration OFF = Raw Input, or Fixed meaning Acceleration OFF = Mouse Acceleration negative?

The former. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I assume they removed the negative acceleration entirely (it was unplayable using it, really) and left the positive acceleration in as "Mouse Acceleration: On".

I can't believe how bad the dialogue is in this game. It approaches NES levels of Engrish at times. You would think the voice actors would point out what they're saying makes no sense.

I only really found that in the subtitles, which had amazing amounts of spelling errors.

Unai

As I said before, it was already fixed in patch 2, but the options were inverted, meaning that ON was OFF and OFF was ON. The change log even says that they only inverted the options.

The first patch added negative accelerations. The second one got rid of it but with the options inverted, and the new one just inverted the options.

Finished the game few days ago....

Hmmm, if the entire game were only playable by Jill on the ship and ALONE without forcing the partner on us, this could easily be up there side by side with the Classic RE games.

But.... it's not.

Finished the game few days ago....

Hmmm, if the entire game were only playable by Jill on the ship and ALONE without forcing the partner on us, this could easily be up there side by side with the Classic RE games.

But.... it's not.

Still better than the 100% forced coop dudebro shootbang action of RE 6. Revelaitons is a step in the right direction.

L.O.R.D

new update for PC version :
12.7 mb
New update just went live which adds/fixes the following:

Added:
- 2048x1152 and 2560x1080 resolution support

Fixed:
- ON/OFF toggle for the Mouse Acceleration setting was previously backwards. ON is now actually ON and OFF is OFF.

***IMPORTANT NOTE***
Please recheck and test mouse acceleration settings after today's patch. (Hint: set acceleration to 'OFF').

The update applies to the full game and demo versions.

I don't think mouse acceleration off equals raw input for RE: Revelations.

There was a dev post from the capcom guys saying how much work would be involved with doing that and testing everything to make sure it didn't break the game.

edit here's the post -

wbacon capcom said:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Yes, the game was built in close collaboration with TOSE in Japan (you'll see it in the end credits) who've also worked on the original 3DS version.

The current implementation seems to strike the right balance without risk of breaking the game. The team is also aware of the DIRECT INPUT suggestion some have made, but it also affects other parts of the game which requires additional coding, regression test, game balancing, and final QA work (which also means additional man-hour overhead) which is not an easy thing to pull off.

Disclosure: I'm not an official, deidcated community rep per se (just chiming whenever I can), so my posts may be few and far between. Apologies beforehand. It's also one of the reasons why I cannot and will not engage in 'debates,' especially on subjective matters. I trust and put that power into the hands of our fans and community members who are far more capable in putting together a well thought out, objective rebuttals to 'xyz sucks' type posts. Thanks for your understanding. :)

wbacon

That said, the new changes feel much better and the game is very playable with a keyboard and a mouse now.

tried the pc demo but i couldn't get the screen tearing to stop no matter what settings i used. Guess i'll try the console versions and see how they do

Talking about her reveal trailer? This never happens in the game, but there is a trailer of Rachel's 'story':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2H79FW2uvI

lol what ? So Capcom created a character and killed her even before the game's release ? What's the point ? So weird. All this time I thought she was a character in the game.

So I guess people found this funny because of her appearance ? I dig the massive rack but her hairstyle is fucken out there.

Manu

Okay, so I'm only on Episode 3, but I already feel like saying this.

This motherfucker:

Raymond.png

is the worst character design I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game. What the fuck, Capcom?

Yanksfan

Only on Episode 2 right now, but am pleasantly surprised with the game so far. I never played the 3DS version, but I feel the port looks solid enough, considering it came from a handheld originally. I'm not blown away by anything obviously, but I am not put off either.

In Episode 2, I already had a hilarious moment.
Chris falls after missing a jump and is helpless to get up to defend himself against a save of about 20 wolves. The fix for this? A 90 lb woman giving him a hand to pull himself up. Then we are perfectly fine. Life would have ended though without that.

News Bot

Banned
If Veltro was never active, who were the terrorists on that air base Chris found? Were those FBC people?

Why didn't O'Brian simply tell Chris and Jill to investigate the "Veltro" base and the Queen Zenobia without dangerously fooling his agents? He must have been aware there were BOWs on the Queen Zenobia and that would be enough reason to investigate it without fooling his agents. And was his reason simply to attract the attention of the FBC?

Why is Quint so okay with O'Brian dangerously fooling his agents? He doesn't even question his intents at all when finding out about the truth.

Just what the hell is up about Raymond and Jessica? The fact they're supposed to be triple or double agents makes their actions extremely hard to rationalize. Raymond goes to absurdly weird lengths to make the whole situation be a complete mystery to Jill; did he have any reasons for doing that? He mentions his partner is Rachael, so he's pretending to be working for the FBC too?

And Jessica's role is weird. The game implies she's been with the BSAA for a very long time, but she was working for another company the entire time just to get the t-abyss virus? Why does she suddenly become super evil during the final ten minutes in the game and want people dead despite treating them as good friends earlier in the game?

What was Rachael doing on the queen zenobia? How does she relate to Raymond in all this?

I swear this is the most confusing RE storyline of all time. It doesn't help that the dialogue is really poorly written and/or localized.

1) It's implied that they are simply a bunch of terrorists riding on Veltro's "glory", organized by Raymond.

2) O'Brian wanted to ensure that Lansdale's mole in the BSAA (Jessica) also believed that Veltro's revival was true. The best way to do that was to get her to witness it first hand, then report it to Lansdale and spook him since the only way to get to Lansdale would be if he actually began maneuvering for a cover-up. Then they'd catch him in the act. Or something.

3) Quint's a jackass.

4) Raymond and Jessica were TRICELL spies planted in the FBC. Jessica transfers to the BSAA while Raymond stays in the FBC. All in all, both of them are only out to get t-Abyss. However, both of them were also personally disgusted with the Terragrigia Panic and reviled Lansdale for destroying the city. Lansdale was a former advisor to the Federation of Pharmaceutical Companies (and thus, TRICELL) and aided in the development of t-Abyss, but ended up betraying TRICELL and kept the virus for himself. So there's also that motivation for the two spies. This would seem to imply that bioterrorism was not in TRICELL's interest, and they were actually following Umbrella's line of supplying biological weapons to actual nations for use in war.

5) Jessica is first and foremost a TRICELL spy. She was first planted into the FBC, but then transferred to the BSAA. Her acting nice to everyone was just a facade, aside from her disgust in Terragrigia.

6) Rachel was sent (with Raymond) by Lansdale to investigate the Queen Zenobia, apparently. Or blow it up as Jessica does later.

You're right though, the scenario is quite fucked up and contrived. They over-complicated it. Jessica's Report complicates it even more,
as it implies that she's actually "good" and is even against TRICELL.
An interview with Dai Sato and Tsukasa Takenaka is 100% necessary if this plot is ever going to make sense.

Aaron

Okay, so I'm only on Episode 3, but I already feel like saying this.

This motherfucker:

is the worst character design I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game. What the fuck, Capcom?
His design doesn't get any better as the game goes on either.

Top Bottom