• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Okay, so I'm only on Episode 3, but I already feel like saying this.

This motherfucker:

Raymond.png

is the worst character design I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game. What the fuck, Capcom?

No way

His design is awesome. Reminds me of the front man for The Bravery :)

This motherfucker:

Raymond.png

is the worst character design I've ever seen in a Resident Evil game. What the fuck, Capcom?

Just wait until you meet the dynamic duo.

And thanks for the replies everyone about the GC versions of Resie 2/3/CV. In no rush to get them now, although I might do so at some point just because I own 0/Remake/4. Make it a mini GC collection of a sort.

Aaron

Can't find anyone in Raid Mode on PC either. Did nobody buy this? :/
When I create a game, people usually join after a minute or so. I've had no luck trying to search for a game. It's really stupid how the quick search times out after like 15 seconds.

Miker

With the new patch and mouse acceleration set to off, the mouse aim is a huge improvement. It's so much easier to play with mouse, but having played RE4/5 with a controller, it feels like it's too easy and breaks the game's balance. Not sure which one I'll be using going forward.

Davey Cakes

With the new patch and mouse acceleration set to off, the mouse aim is a huge improvement. It's so much easier to play with mouse, but having played RE4/5 with a controller, it feels like it's too easy and breaks the game's balance. Not sure which one I'll be using going forward.
What about playing on the highest difficulty?

Looks like the GMG (Green Man Gaming) 25% off voucher is still working -

GMG25-55FJ7-ADQ3P

Just got it for $37.50

Now that mouse aiming is fixed and my resolution is supported, I can finally enjoy this.

Jawmuncher

I'm quite curious as to what the sales for this will look like. Not expecting high numbers but hopefully somewhere on the NPD top 10.

Anyway I'm curious if this'll be the only RE title this year. I'm still going out on a hunch well see something HD at the end of the year presented at E3.

I'm quite curious as to what the sales for this will look like. Not expecting high numbers but hopefully somewhere on the NPD top 10.

Anyway I'm curious if this'll be the only RE title this year. I'm still going out on a hunch well see something HD at the end of the year presented at E3.

Outbreak please! What else is left to release an HD version of that wouldn't require a complete remake? Remake has all the pre-rendered backgrounds but Code Veronica looked ok I guess.

Jawmuncher

Outbreak please! What else is left to release an HD version of that wouldn't require a complete remake? Remake has all the pre-rendered backgrounds but Code Veronica looked ok I guess.

HD is the most obvious answer. Even with reintegrating online it would be the easiest way for them to get some easy money.
Only other game I can think of is Dead Aim but I don't think anyone really cares for that.

pa22word

As I said before, it was already fixed in patch 2, but the options were inverted, meaning that ON was OFF and OFF was ON. The change log even says that they only inverted the options.

The first patch added negative accelerations. The second one got rid of it but with the options inverted, and the new one just inverted the options.

And as I've posted multiple times, no it did not. Both options toggled different forms of acceleration. I'm tired of repeating myself here, so if you want a more detailed explanation dig up the posts yourself.

I don't think mouse acceleration off equals raw input for RE: Revelations.

There was a dev post from the capcom guys saying how much work would be involved with doing that and testing everything to make sure it didn't break the game.

edit here's the post -

That said, the new changes feel much better and the game is very playable with a keyboard and a mouse now.

That post was made after the last patch was made (the one where both on/off was just a toggle for two different forms of acceleration), but if there is any acceleration left after the latest patch the algorithm is very minute.

man, this game is so fun on raid mode. the other day, me and my friend were knifing
ooze racheal
to death when one of us knocked it to the ground. If i get the chance to play today, I'm going to make my friend play the ghost ship level with me.

That post was made after the last patch was made (the one where both on/off was just a toggle for two different forms of acceleration), but if there is any acceleration left after the latest patch the algorithm is very minute.

Yeah, I only posted it because it sounded like they weren't going to do straight raw input for a mouse.

The latest version feels very good to me, though some people are still screaming for direct input to be supported.

At any rate, it was good enough for me to pull the trigger on a purchase now. Makes me very happy to see capcom addressing player concerns so quickly.

bumpkin

This motherfucker:

Raymond.png

He reminds me of the guy in those "I'm mayhem..." commercials, just with a gaudy red wig on.

Miker

Just curious - of the PC players here, are you using controller or the keyboard/mouse? After the patch made mouse controls playable, I'm really torn between the true RE experience of frantically trying to draw a bead on an enemy vs. the ease and smoothness of the mouse.

EDIT:

Call me crazy, but one of the best things about the kb/m controls is the weapon switching. I can never remember whether to press left/right on the d-pad to get to the weapon I want (and when using multiple pistols the icons are really vague), whereas mapping the weapons to 1/2/3 on kb is so, so much easier.

Just curious - of the PC players here, are you using controller or the keyboard/mouse? After the patch made mouse controls playable, I'm really torn between the true RE experience of frantically trying to draw a bead on an enemy vs. the ease and smoothness of the mouse.
I always play the RE games on PC with a pad.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Keyboard and Mouse, but I also was playing fairly blind and on Infernal mode and I actually thought the PC controls were really well done. While its nice of Capcom to update them, honestly I had no problem with the controls after adjust the mouse sensitivity and aiming speed to fit me perfectly and a bit of time playing.

If you're blind like me though, how to combat the enemies most efficiently isn't always immediately obviously, and I appreciated the extra control on the fact the Ooze lurch and move around so much.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice

I play both RE6 and Revelations with a 360 pad, though with less movement options in the latter, I might try the keyboard & mouse option eventually.

EDIT: For the PC players, do you guys want to just join the already created RE6 GAF group or do you want a new group for Raid stuff? I think it'd be easier if we just consolidated folks into the former, but I don't mind creating a new group if there's demand for it. Add me if you want to get an invite to the RE6 group.

Only Resident Evil game I've played using a keyboard was 4
Oh god why ;-;

6 is hard to play on the keyboard for me given the amount of sliding and quick dodges you're doing which use a lot of separate buttons. I just think some games are better suited to a controller, specifically combo/movement heavy games, although move/wii/hydra support would be the best way to play I think.

Revelations just has a simple dodge though so I imagine that would be much more easy to play using a M&KB set up, although as you mentioned it does make aiming quite easier. Suppose it can make things less tense but it's so much more smooth which is nice.

Miker

I play both RE6 and Revelations with a 360 pad, though with less movement options in the latter, I might try the keyboard & mouse option eventually.

EDIT: For the PC players, do you guys want to just join the already created RE6 GAF group or do you want a new group for Raid stuff? I think it'd be easier if we just consolidated folks into the former, but I don't mind creating a new group if there's demand for it. Add me if you want to get an invite to the RE6 group.

I assume the audience is small enough to just join the RE6 group.

Only Resident Evil game I've played using a keyboard was 4
Oh god why ;-;

6 is hard to play on the keyboard for me given the amount of sliding and quick dodges you're doing which use a lot of separate buttons. I just think some games are better suited to a controller, specifically combo/movement heavy games, although move/wii/hydra support would be the best way to play I think.

Revelations just has a simple dodge though so I imagine that would be much more easy to play using a M&KB set up, although as you mentioned it does make aiming quite easier. Suppose it can make things less tense but it's so much more smooth which is nice.

6 takes some getting used to, since the inputs are somewhat unintuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it's pretty amazing. Pretty much the only minor issue I have is that steering while running can be slightly hit-or-miss. But the precision and the ability to face the exact direction you want by tapping RMB is worth it.

Mileena

Banned

EDIT:

Call me crazy, but one of the best things about the kb/m controls is the weapon switching. I can never remember whether to press left/right on the d-pad to get to the weapon I want (and when using multiple pistols the icons are really vague), whereas mapping the weapons to 1/2/3 on kb is so, so much easier.

m/kb hands down is the best control scheme for this game.

m/kb >>>>>> pad >>> 3DS

I assume the audience is small enough to just join the RE6 group.

gross. I'm not joining a RE6 group D:

Sectus

EDIT:

I use a gamepad. I find it the most comfortable and I think it makes the game more balanced. I watched a couple of friends play with the mouse and keyboard and it lets you destroy parts of the game by quickly lining up headshots repeatedly.

I got it last night, im on chapter 7 but I have been focussing on Raid mostly.

just started to notice,
why is the UI so shitty compared to the 3DS version? even the loading screen and chapter title screens suck in comparison.

Real or fanart?

L.O.R.D

after the update, i couldn't find any match
only when the game first release, i was able to fine dozens of people play online

=======
also, i tried the mode for jill skin ( the one with cigarette ) , who is this girl ? she doesn't look like jill at all

Added you Kyouji, not back home for a while but when I return I do plan on putting a lot more time into the PC version of Resie6. Revelations as well but that will be a bit longer given I downloaded the PSN version of Revelations at full price
Had some giftcards

6 takes some getting used to, since the inputs are somewhat unintuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it's pretty amazing. Pretty much the only minor issue I have is that steering while running can be slightly hit-or-miss. But the precision and the ability to face the exact direction you want by tapping RMB is worth it.

I'll have to give the M&KB controls another go then, seemed you could rebind things as well. I did that for the controller settings at least given I was using a dualshock 3 to play.

Is anyone else having an issue with edits where when you hit save it doesn't complete your post? It does because if you refresh the changes are made though.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Real or fanart?

I think that's promotional art from Capcom for their winter coat for sale.

Added you Kyouji, not back home for a while but when I return I do plan on putting a lot more time into the PC version of Resie6.

I'll gladly play RE6 with you if you need a partner.

Is anyone else having an issue with edits where when you hit save it doesn't complete your post? It does because if you refresh the changes are made though.

Yup, ran into that problem with an earlier post too.

DigitalOp

Banned
Sup GAF

I'm interested in the game but don't know which platform to get...

Should I cop it for PS3?

Save it for when I pick up my Wii U?

or

Save it for when I pick up my 3DS?

Kinda torn on this one, feel me?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sup GAF

Should I cop it for PS3?

or

I feel you son.

I bought the game for the 3DS because I found it cheap (8 dollars) while my preorder for the PS3 version was still pretty fresh. The game plays fantastically on the 3DS but over all I found the experience a bit more enjoyable on the PS3, probably because long raid mode sessions feel better on a gamepad than on my OG 3ds which causes my hand to cramp but the controller feels great especially if you play with RE4 classic controls.

The PS3 version has a really active online. I've never had a problem finding anyone, So honestly you can't really go wrong with any version you listed. I would recommend getting it for your Wii U since the touchscreen puzzles and inventory is kinda fun compared to the D-Pad managment because that sounds exciting, but I hear that it has stuttering issues so maybe not.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sup GAF

Should I cop it for PS3?

or

Digital Foundry : RE Revelaitons Face Off

avoid Wii U version, it's the worst.

PS3 is way better but 3DS is way cheaper( sadly the 3DS circle pad abomination is pure and utter crap and made everything unplayable for me)

did any one try this game on 3d vision 2 monitor ? of course the PC version

I haven't tried it on my 3DTV with active shutter glasses yet (where I expect crosstalk to be an issue given the nature of the visuals) however I tried it on my Sony HMZ headset over the weekend using Nvidia's 3D drivers and it looks and runs absolutely perfectly with the latest drivers.

I actually just stopped by this thread to let people know, that at least on PC, Revelations is still in 3D and looking great. It didn't work on my AMD card at all, and actually, the weird stutters I was getting transitioning through doors and when enemies were dropped in, those don't happen on my cheaper Nvidia card at all.

So, Nvidia in 3D is definitely the way to go, should you have the option. I understand 3D Vision 2 monitors are better than most 3DTVs when it comes to crosstalk, so I think you'll have a good experience with it.

Aww shit. Just bought the Wii U version today. How bad is it?
Your fine, just play it for yourself. The performance issues seem random, some people report stuttering others don't. The frame rate only dropped on me once during Raid mode while my gamepad was several feet away. Visually they are the same but the Wii U gets free DLC for while, HUD-less gameplay and proper Miiverse. The only real issue I have with the Wii version is that the aiming is a bit stiffer than the other versions. Just crank up the sensitivity and you'll be fine. Hopefully it will be patched later on.

xandaca

Playing the Wii U version. The story mode is exceptionally tedious, but Raid Mode is reasonably addictive. Just wish progress weren't dependent on playing through the story, and the shop wasn't so random.

So this is good news for Revelations and Resident Evil as a whole.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/28/resident-evil-revelations-proclaims-top-spot-in-this-weeks-uk/

Resident Evil: Revelations proclaims top spot in this week's UK charts

Sure it won't stay there but it goes to show that even after RE6's "negative" reception people seem to still hunger for RE.

I don't think you need quotes around "negative". It was not received as warmly as even 5. It's good to see Revelations selling well though. It always deserved to, imho. And selling well despite being perceived by many as being too expensive given that it's a port of a handheld game (even though Revelations always had the production values and amount of content of a full blown title in the series).

tim1138

Picked up the Wii U version yesterday after skipping it on 3DS. I'm two chapters in and haven't noticed any frame rate issues. *shrugs*

Top Bottom