• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Miker

Does anybody know how the weapon color works in Revelations? I'm assuming it's a sign of rarity like it is in MMOs and other such games, but I don't know which colors are more rare than the others.

Also, what are all the different variants of weapons? Stuff like close range, steady hand, long range, etc.

Am I horrible for waiting for a pricedrop? I sold the 3DS version last year, but played the Wii U demo and liked it a lot better. The costume looks hilarious. However, the drought has got me thinking about getting this...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Does anybody know how the weapon color works in Revelations? I'm assuming it's a sign of rarity like it is in MMOs and other such games, but I don't know which colors are more rare than the others.

Also, what are all the different variants of weapons? Stuff like close range, steady hand, long range, etc.

From what I understand the colors go as such
From worst to best

White
Blue
Yellow
Green
Red

I am not sure if Yellow and blue need to be swapped or are on a similar level but they don't quite seems to be very different. Red weapons some times have a nickname in quotes to indicate they are extra unique and usually come with a boat load of built in bonuses.

The "Affixes" on weapons like "steady hand" usually denote specific kinds of prebuilt bonuses, most of the time they are consistant but other times the are a little different. Steady hand for example means that it will usually come with either an built in easy hit bonus or a boost in physical attack and melee attack (knife attack and charge up attack). Light Weight usually comes with extra mobility which means it is easier to move around while aiming it as well as being more sensitive or something with a faster reload time and generally improved rate of fire at the cost of slightly reduced damage. There is also another one that denotes if it will have enemy piercing on bullets and shit.

Miker

From what I understand the colors go as such
From worst to best

White
Blue
Yellow
Green
Red

I am not sure if Yellow and blue need to be swapped or are on a similar level but they don't quite seems to be very different. Red weapons some times have a nickname in quotes to indicate they are extra unique and usually come with a boat load of built in bonuses.

The "Affixes" on weapons like "steady hand" usually denote specific kinds of prebuilt bonuses, most of the time they are consistant but other times the are a little different. Steady hand for example means that it will usually come with either an built in easy hit bonus or a boost in physical attack and melee attack (knife attack and charge up attack). Light Weight usually comes with extra mobility which means it is easier to move around while aiming it as well as being more sensitive or something with a faster reload time and generally improved rate of fire at the cost of slightly reduced damage. There is also another one that denotes if it will have enemy piercing on bullets and shit.

Gotcha. For the affixes, I meant if there was a list of all the possible variants floating around, but thanks for the reply regardless.

Anyone know what guns are in the $2 weapon pack on the PS store?
same guns with new stats or is the pack with Jill's Samurai Edge, G18 & Parker's Government?

weird, when I was on the game it sent me to the PS store where it was listed.
looked in the store the normal way and it doesn't show up.

Finished it today. I've seen a lot of comments talking about an 8 hour campaign but my clear save file reads 5:51.
Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot, so many nods to the old games. If you're a RE fan I definitely recommended this over RE6.
You get more bang for your Buck with RE6 but I enjoyed this one more.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Anyone know what guns are in the $2 weapon pack?
same guns with new stats or is the pack with Jill's Samurai Edge, G18 & Parker's Government?

weird, when I was on the game it sent me to the PS store where it was listed.
looked in the store the normal way and it doesn't show up.

The guns available are those 3 you listed, that's it but the real goodies are the 3 special weapon parts.

You get a:

BSAA illegal custom part: Heal yourself when you shoot an enemy and chance for them to drop BP
STARS illegal custom part: 4% Damage and 10% Critical
FBC illegal custom part: Infighter effect plus daze (I think?)

The best part about these 3 illegal parts is that they don't count towards any other similar effects, which means you can have a gun with 20% critical, 8% damage as well as the STARS part for a total of 12% damage and 30% critical (at least I think it would be additive not multiplicative I would need to double check)

The guns themselves are pretty good but not very good early on but they're pretty balanced. For example Jill's Samurai Edge has a really low capacity, like 5 rounds per mag deals above average damage and has a 2.5 fire rate which is really fast for a hand gun, it's pretty great to use if you have one with a good chunk of upgrade slots and a character that has hand gun reload bonus. The samurai edge's get really good when you can find them at around level 25 or so with a base power of 1200 and 7 shot mags with ~4 slots.

Parkers Government had RIDICULOUS damage on it, like 570 at level 1 and over 2000 by level 20, a pretty standard fire rate of 1.2 and a REALLY low capacity of 3 rounds per magazine. I don't really like using these at all.

Jessica's G18 is the most balanced of the 3, with damage on par with a PC356 (so a little weak) a pretty crazy fire rate ~2.0 and a huge capacity on the magazine. I've seen some in the store that can hold upwards of 50 rounds.

Finished it today. I've seen a lot of comments talking about an 8 hour campaign but my clear save file reads 5:51.
Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot, so many nods to the old games. If you're a RE fan I definitely recommended this over RE6.
You get more bang for your Buck with RE6 but I enjoyed this one more.

Raid mode alone has given me just as much bang for my buck as RE6 on its own. Raid mode played as single player challenge runs is hilariously addictive, played co-op it is farrrr better.

GulAtiCa

I beat the game with about 5 and half hours. I think my 3DS playtime for campaign was like 10 or so. Anyways, I re-bought it for Raid Mode. Currently at lv 12.

Aww shit. Just bought the Wii U version today. How bad is it?

Really nothing wrong with it. I finished the campaign yesterday and been playing Raid Mode as well. Game looks great to me. I haven't notice any issues really.

The guns available are those 3 you listed, that's it but the real goodies are the 3 special weapon parts.

You get a:

BSAA illegal custom part: Heal yourself when you shoot an enemy and chance for them to drop BP
STARS illegal custom part: 4% Damage and 10% Critical
FBC illegal custom part: Infighter effect plus daze (I think?)

The best part about these 3 illegal parts is that they don't count towards any other similar effects, which means you can have a gun with 20% critical, 8% damage as well as the STARS part for a total of 12% damage and 30% critical (at least I think it would be additive not multiplicative I would need to double check)

The guns themselves are pretty good but not very good early on but they're pretty balanced. For example Jill's Samurai Edge has a really low capacity, like 5 rounds per mag deals above average damage and has a 2.5 fire rate which is really fast for a hand gun, it's pretty great to use if you have one with a good chunk of upgrade slots and a character that has hand gun reload bonus. The samurai edge's get really good when you can find them at around level 25 or so with a base power of 1200 and 7 shot mags with ~4 slots.

Parkers Government had RIDICULOUS damage on it, like 570 at level 1 and over 2000 by level 20, a pretty standard fire rate of 1.2 and a REALLY low capacity of 3 rounds per magazine. I don't really like using these at all.

Jessica's G18 is the most balanced of the 3, with damage on par with a PC356 (so a little weak) a pretty crazy fire rate ~2.0 and a huge capacity on the magazine. I've seen some in the store that can hold upwards of 50 rounds.

Raid mode alone has given me just as much bang for my buck as RE6 on its own. Raid mode played as single player challenge runs is hilariously addictive, played co-op it is farrrr better.

Thanks.

This catalogue data crap is pissing me off.
can't play online at all because of it.

Capcom better fix this quickly, and I was planning on buying it tonight too.

RangerBAD

It feels like no one plays on Raid Mode (PS3). I couldn't find many games yesterday. And fuck Scagdead on Infernal and all his friends too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I LOVE this game. I loved it on 3DS and I'm still having a great time on PS3. Raid Mode is still the most amazing thing ever.

EekTheKat

PS3 multiplayer in the US region at least is completely broken, due to the Catalog error loop that a lot of people are getting.

Start the game up, the game detects new catalog items available, tells you to download them or you won't be able to play online.

The game takes you directly to the store to do so, but downloading the catalog items from the store doesn't solve the problem. The next time you start the game it'll take you back to the store to download the catalog items again and again.

Either the catalog items (Rachel, Enhancement) are not the right ones on the store, or the Capcom server is looking for something else to be added to the catalog pack.

RangerBAD

PS3 multiplayer in the US region at least is completely broken, due to the Catalog error loop that a lot of people are getting.

Start the game up, the game detects new catalog items available, tells you to download them or you won't be able to play online.

The game takes you directly to the store to do so, but downloading the catalog items from the store doesn't solve the problem. The next time you start the game it'll take you back to the store to download the catalog items again and again.

Either the catalog items (Rachel, Enhancement) are not the right ones on the store, or the Capcom server is looking for something else to be added to the catalog pack.

Mine worked out just fine.

EekTheKat

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...esident-evil-revalations-catalog-problem?pg=1
http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29946653/catalog-data-check-and-unable-to-play-online&post_num=9#532637069

Near as I can tell, this has been happening since this afternoon all the way until now. Capcom rep in the thread does acknowledge it however, so maybe they'll roll back whatever they did last night.

Heard this problem occurred to the Asia region not too long ago, and they were able to correct it. So now it's the other regions suffering from it as their updates roll out.

http://www.capcomasia.com.hk/wpress...lations-ps3版未能於raid-mode進行co-op的player-match/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Same. It worked for me and I haven't had any problems.

The only thing I hate is that the message won't fucking disappear. You have to click "no" every single time you boot up the game. Kind of annoying. It's so easy to accidentally press yes since it's the default option, thus making you waste time by booting up the store.

yup, happened to me

edit: just bought it new, is the little 2 page thing the only thing meant to be included?

EekTheKat

Same. It worked for me and I haven't had any problems.

The only thing I hate is that the message won't fucking disappear. You have to click "no" every single time you boot up the game. Kind of annoying. It's so easy to accidentally press yes since it's the default option, thus making you waste time by booting up the store.

If I click no, I can't play on PSN at all - the match finder prompts me to go download the catalog update from the store. Then the whole loop just starts over again.

I can solo Raid mode just fine however, though it's kind of boring solo.

Manu

Just fought mutated
Rachel
at the end of Episode 4, and I have to say it's the closest I've been to feeling scared in a Resi game in a long, long time. It made me feel truly uneasy at times.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If I click no, I can't play on PSN at all - the match finder prompts me to go download the catalog update from the store. Then the whole loop just starts over again.

I can solo Raid mode just fine however, though it's kind of boring solo.
Now it happened to me. :(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just fought mutated
Rachel
at the end of Episode 4, and I have to say it's the closest I've been to feeling scared in a Resi game in a long, long time. It made me feel truly uneasy at times.

The build up to that moment was absolute gold. It's a shame that the whole game isn't like that though.

So, is it just me that would have seriously liked to play at least a little bit more of the game set in the
Dido?
I mean the atmosphere in that last location was perfect and gave you a tense feeling, like you're in a spooky place where things could go very bad at any moment. It just felt kind of disappointing that there wasn't more to do there, as it was easily the best location in terms of look and atmosphere.

Anyway, I like the game and having it mainly set on a ship was a great idea for a location, giving you a kind of stranded feeling like in the Arklay Mansion, and having the kind of tense atmosphere going for it too. I know there is Dead Aim and it was set on a ship too, but it wasn't really a full on traditional RE game.

Just irritates me that there are quite a few points of the game that are annoying, like instant kill attacks for the Scagdead and those things from the cocoons, throwing large numbers of Ooze Zombies at you during the first two boss encounters, especially when they infinitely spawn during the first Scagdead battle, some of the areas have way too many enemies in tight spaces, so it's hard to dodge them, and ammo seems way too limited at certain points.

It's a good game overall though and there are parts I really like (Punching Hunters in the face is all kinds of awesome), and some great ideas in the game, but I bet Infernal will be a real pain to do. Really enjoying Raid Mode so far, and I'm trying to just complete each stage and do S rank runs on some of the ones I've completed as I progress and level up a bit.

So I just finished Chapter 6, about to start 7, battery dies (3DS) during loading... Now my save's gone.

FUCK. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Can I DL someone else's save and use it? Is that doable on a 3DS??

=/

Edit- btw, you guys speed through games way too fast, is my conclusion... I thought I was near the end, with all the 8 hour game talk (i had 7 hours right before it happened), turns out I was only halfway... Well, at least I got to kill a cool boss right before I lost it...

GulAtiCa

Just fought mutated
Rachel

Really a creepy scene, especially with those voices leading up to it and after it.

Just fought mutated
Rachel
I beat the 3DS version a year ago and I totally forgot about that part.
Her saying "Found You......" totally caught me off guard.

Taruranto

Finished the 2-2, some impressions:

- The first chapter was honestly quite awful. One long, linear tutorial. Thank god the second chapter comes up and then i understood why people compared this to the older RE. Emblem doors, woo! And even a freacking item box. (though with a different purpose)
- I'm not sure how i feel about the episodic structure. Le me explore the ship, dammit. :mad:
- I don't like the partner very much. There is no co-op so there is no reason for him to be there.
- Not sure how i feel about the "scanning" system. It kinda feels like a gimmick, on other hand it adds another layer to the exploration. Maybe if it was more complex.
- I'm not a graphic whore, so i won't comment about the graphic (because i don't care and honestly the game looks fine to me), but the you can really see it was originally a 3DS game. I mean, enemies can't follow you through a door? And doors pretty much close themselves as soon you traverse them? (it's especially bad in raid mode because your partner can't traverse them with you, lol...) It feels like i'm fighting in instances.
- Can Capcom pick one face/VA for Jill, please?

Finally, i wanted to start in Inferno because i heard it had some new enemies, but it seemed quite unbalanced to me, at least in the beginning. Ended up wasting all ammos on the first enemies without doing too much of a scratch.

Finished the 2-2, some impressions:

- The first chapter was honestly quite awful. One long, linear tutorial. Thank god the second chapter comes up and then i understood why people compared this to the older RE. Emblem doors, woo! And even a freacking item box. (though with a different purpose)
- I'm not sure how i feel about the episodic structure. Le me explore the ship, dammit. :mad:
- I don't like the partner very much. There is no co-op so there is no reason for him to be there.
- Not sure how i feel about the "scanning" system. It kinda feels like a gimmick, on other hand it adds another layer to the exploration. Maybe if it was more complex.
- I'm not a graphic whore, so i won't comment about the graphic (because i don't care and honestly the game looks fine to me), but the you can really see it was originally a 3DS game. I mean, enemies can't follow you through a door? And doors pretty much close themselves as soon you traverse them? (it's especially bad in raid mode because your partner can't traverse them with you, lol...) It feels like i'm fighting in instances.
- Can Capcom pick one face/VA for Jill, please?

Finally, i wanted to start in Inferno because i heard it had some new enemies, but it seemed quite unbalanced to me, at least in the beginning. Ended up wasting all ammos on the first enemies without doing too much of a scratch.
Patricia Ja Lee was really good in UC & 5 too bad they dropped her. At least they kept Roger Craig Smith.

Nori Chan

I read somewhere that you can use your raid weapons in campaign. Is that true? Or should I just go ahead and start my infernal run?

glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. speaking of raid mode, it feels good clearing a level 13 stage while only at level 9 with a level 13 boss to boot.

Nags

Banned
Anyone have this on Steam and want to team up for some raid mode?
At Lv. 12, up for lower level missions too.
Steam ID: Yourfacedotcom

Having a blast post campaign with Raid Mode on Wii U. There seems to be always a few matches available to set up and it's awesome to play Off TV with it. Online, whether Quick Match or Join, works fine.

The Wii U specific features with Miiverse were better than I thought. A lot of people post screens and Death Messages and it's fun to see how people are responding to the game.

Miker

Anyone have this on Steam and want to team up for some raid mode?
At Lv. 12, up for lower level missions too.
Steam ID: Yourfacedotcom

I am, kind of. I'm on chapter 7 of the campaign, and I want to finish that before I really dig into Raid, but I'm also playing to get the trinity bonuses on some lower level Raid stages. I don't play that regularly, though - mainly at night, around 10-11pm central. If that sounds good, add me at steamcommunity.com/id/mikerrrrr.

Speaking of bonuses, is it just me, or is the no-damage bonus is surprisingly difficult to get even on lower levels? I'm playing solo and even with multiple runs through the same stage, I always seem to get clawed by something I didn't see coming. The range on a lot of the enemies' swipes is nothing to scoff at either.

Top Bottom