• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

\

Speaking of bonuses, is it just me, or is the no-damage bonus is surprisingly difficult to get even on lower levels? I'm playing solo and even with multiple runs through the same stage, I always seem to get clawed by something I didn't see coming. The range on a lot of the enemies' swipes is nothing to scoff at either.

I know what you mean. I had a problem with stage 4 myself
those damn dogs!

From what I understand the colors go as such
From worst to best

White
Blue
Yellow
Green
Red

I am not sure if Yellow and blue need to be swapped or are on a similar level but they don't quite seems to be very different. Red weapons some times have a nickname in quotes to indicate they are extra unique and usually come with a boat load of built in bonuses.

I dropped a purple sniper named Zaytsev or something like that, and it can't be a legendary weapon since it has the default sniper skin. Any idea what it is ? I didn't try it yet but it looks like it has superior damage but nothing extraordinary.
EDIT : I read your post too fast. It looks like I'm colorblind or something, the purple weapon I got is probably one of the red ones you're mentionning.

Is there any way to see which upgrade is built in ? The one I dropped said it has superior stats and that's it. There's no occupied part slot too.

Miker

I know what you mean. I had a problem with stage 4 myself
those damn dogs!

I'm actually playing with controller for campaign for the experience and m/kb for raid mode because I actually want to get those bonuses lol. The dodging is just so weird, though - sometimes I dodge as I'm already moving forward - how does that work? Is itbecause my input (pressing down forward) was within the timing window?

I like the special dialogue some characters have with each other in Raid mode.
Raymond & Rachael for example.

Too bad Chris & Jill's isn't that special.

I hope this gets alot of DLC, I'd definitely pay for Rebecca & Wesker or STARS costumes for Jill & Chris.

Rebecca -
M.Gun Mastery 1
Medic- Health regeneration + herbs always heal partner
or 3 extra herb slots when selected

Wesker -
H.Gun Mastery 1
Melee - 240% damage

OMG! So hot. Wish Capcom would've made Leon and Ada DLC characters for this game.
Leon -
H.Gun Mastery 2
Way With The Ladies- 25% stat increase overall when partnered with a female, 75% with Ada

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
yo Leon fans(all 4 for you) see this mod by Shigu(modder behind RE5 Jill face)

zewQ3sG.jpg
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=25251
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ran9piwsdumtvx5/RE4Leon_RPD_v1.rar
Installation:
Place the arc file of "In-GameModel" inside the following directory:
RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS\nativePC\archive\game\chara\pl\pl1070\

Place the arc file of "RaidModePreviewModel" inside the following directory:
RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS\nativePC\archive\gui\chara_sel\

and original RE4 outfit/Jacket version
4sBd5wu.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cyatcey2y0vudl/RE4Leon_Jacket_v1.1.rar

OMG! So hot. Wish Capcom would've made Leon and Ada DLC characters for this game.

Would be great if they ever made a game with just modes and all the classic characters and fan favorites.

Miker

At the same forum there's an Ada in her RE2 costume and Leon in his RE4 costume.

EDIT: I just tried the Ada RE2 mod (replaces Jill second costume) and I got a weird distortion effect :(

Taruranto

Do item "reset" between one Jill Sandwitch chapter and another or it's just one big continuation (like the old REs, basically)?

My OCD makes me check every locker.

Miker

For PC players: I think Revelations is a great game to use SweetFX with due to the somewhat bland lighting and low contrast. I don't have any screenshots right now, but I have some fairly subtle SweetFX integration that I think improves the game's visuals and atmospheres a bit. Anyway, if you haven't messed with SweetFX before, Revelations is a good place to start.

Frodo

May I say I'm enjoying this game much more than I thought I would?

I mean, story and characters are as cheesy as it gets, but surprisingly enough, it is a good and entertaining experience. Glad I bought it.

(Disclaimer: Didn't like RE5, skipped RE6)

Brannon

At level 5 and for shits and giggles decided to try Ghost Ship (recommended Lv.50, pshaw!)

I see a bloated thingy. This is it? I pop it. And then suddenly I'm surrounded by a gangbang of muties doing all sorts of vile hickeys upon me.

Few seconds later, I realize that I'm going to have to earn my way to this one. Can't wait.

YoungOne

PS3 multiplayer in the US region at least is completely broken, due to the Catalog error loop that a lot of people are getting.

Start the game up, the game detects new catalog items available, tells you to download them or you won't be able to play online.

The game takes you directly to the store to do so, but downloading the catalog items from the store doesn't solve the problem. The next time you start the game it'll take you back to the store to download the catalog items again and again.

Either the catalog items (Rachel, Enhancement) are not the right ones on the store, or the Capcom server is looking for something else to be added to the catalog pack.

I am now having this problem.

Is Raid Mode working for anyone but at all? Kinda glad it's taking time for me to the recieve the game then, giving Capcom time to patch it.

So I just finished Chapter 6, about to start 7, battery dies (3DS) during loading... Now my save's gone.

FUCK. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Can I DL someone else's save and use it? Is that doable on a 3DS??

=/

Edit- btw, you guys speed through games way too fast, is my conclusion... I thought I was near the end, with all the 8 hour game talk (i had 7 hours right before it happened), turns out I was only halfway... Well, at least I got to kill a cool boss right before I lost it...

Anyone?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
S RANK ALL ABYSS MISSIONS

ARE YOU SERIOUS CAPCOM

I thought that when I first saw the requirements. XD I'm not there yet, but going my way through Raid Mode. I know Abyss will be much more difficult, but so far the S-Rank requirements aren't too difficult, just have to be wise to a few things and enemy weak points/crowd managing. That could change once I get to Abyss, though.

Favorite characters so far have to be Rachel and Sailor Chris.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hell yeah Rachel is on the scene with her shotgun and magnum bonuses.

A surprising tank-like character, with powerful shotguns and magnums especially, automatic regenerating health, and one of the most powerful melees in the game. She also has the most fun-to-spam voice commands, which is always good for me. If anything surprised me more than her odd tank-like status, it was her enthusiasm.

Sailor Chris is just hilarious to me, and isn't that bad either. And his three-second invincibility after using an herb can be REALLY helpful with tougher enemies if you learn to time it right.

I'm part of the problem and I'll probably purchase Ooze Rachel when she's available after seeing she did in-fact have original animations and voice-work. Still uncertain about Lady HUNK.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Sailor Chris is just hilarious to me, and isn't that bad either. And his three-second invincibility after using an herb can be REALLY helpful with tougher enemies if you learn to time it right

Wait a second, could you theoretically use that immunity for a no damage bonus? Like you're about to get hit by a projectile so you pop an herb and you don't take damage but you still get hit. Would that give you a no damage bonus assuming you finish the run without getting hit or touched by anything else?

Jawmuncher

Wait a second, could you theoretically use that immunity for a no damage bonus? Like you're about to get hit by a projectile so you pop an herb and you don't take damage but you still get hit. Would that give you a no damage bonus assuming you finish the run without getting hit or touched by anything else?

Id say you'd be able to.
While not quite the same circumstance in one level I was pushed back by a ooze that fell out of a vent. It looked like it was a hit but at the end tally it wasnt. So if the brief invulnerability acts the same way then it should work.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Id say you'd be able to.
While not quite the same circumstance in one level I was pushed back by a ooze that fell out of a vent. It looked like it was a hit but at the end tally it wasnt. So if the brief invulnerability acts the same way then it should work.

Yeah I've noticed somethings don't count as damage, in the guest rooms stage I always get hit by the oozes as they fall out of the ceiling vent but it has never once stopped me from getting the no damage bonus, I am fairly sure those attacks that instantly floor you don't even count as proper damage either.

You can't use an herb if you already have full health.

EekTheKat

PS3 Online in North America is back up again at least, the catalog error is gone. Looks like Capcom may have tweaked something on their server to allow people to pass that catalog check.

Currently level 41 + grinding a bit since I think my weapons won't hold up on Abyss 12.

AkuMifune

Banned
Finished it last night. Loved it!

Never found the rifle though, hah. In the end just had a ridiculous pistol that took care of most enemies.

The major drawback to me was that it was so compartmentalized it didn't feel as cohesive overall, I would have preferred playing one set of characters the whole time with a bit more freedom to roam, but I understand that was due to the fact it was designed as a portable game first. But the best thing Capcom could do is put whomever was in charge of this game on 7 and tell him to go nuts and leave him the fuck alone. RE needs a man with a vision more than anything, and I'd like to see what this team could do on a next-gen platform.

Man this game stumbles to the finish line, the last few chapters are a mess of recycled/backtrack areas, turret sequences, carrying people around slowly, a lame boss battle, basically the usual WAY too long crescendo of nonstop action that's supposed to be exciting but is just tiring, the kind of awkward structure that sinks so many action games and action movies. The recycling is really bad, I laughed when I had to
hold off waves of hunters in the SAME ARENA where I held off waves of hunters earlier in the game
. With like no difference between the two setpieces.

It was really awesome for the first 60-70% of the game, though, like an 8.5. The padding makes it a 7-7.5. A really solid game, but definitely B tier in this series. I heard this game was supposed to have a more methodical pace, closer to survival horror than the recent console REs, but it's totally the same brand of action horror. Which is fine with me, I just expected something different.

akaoni

Banned
I keep trying my best to remind myself that this is a handheld game, and that it is not a 'post-RE6' development.

The game is okay-ish. The game just feels like a small scale RE4, and doesn't resemble classic RE apart from being mostly based in small interior locations for the most part. The limited supplies you receive felt somewhat classic and the weapons were mostly 'orthodox' which did give the illusion of some classic flavour, but not much else. The game has a tank controls option, but the AI are not balanced for it, and you'll need to learn to dodge with a high success rate or you're going to eat a lot of attacks.

The fragmented campaign with the jumping between characters was a real ballbreaker, I didn't want to play as the other characters or in the other locations - I want to play as Jill on the cruise ship. The resources could have been so much better spent on actually making the ship feel intimidating and expansive, with exploration beyond 'Follow the yellow light'/"GO TO THERE JILL". It's the same shit with Resident Evil 6, the entire game experience suffers to support some obtrusive fragmented campaign that nobody asked for. The tacked on AI partner took so much away from the experience, and was good for nothing but idle chatter.

I recall from players of the 3DS version stating this was somewhat closer to the original games, among other things, most of which having played it now seems like utter bollocks. As I said before, it's just smaller scale shootbang action for the most part, with braindead environment design reminiscent of RE6. For me it doesn't appeal to either crowd of classic RE or RE4/RE5, but it is a better game than RE6 in my mind, a lot better, however that isn't saying very much.

What now?
-Reboot?
-Kill the series and make some spiritual successor?
-Bring back Outbreak? Online connectivity is now prevelant enough.

How hard can it be to sit the staff for the game down and make them play RE1 and RE2, or even RE0 (given its potential) and say, "Dis here". Is the situation at Capcom itself the problem? Fatal Frame 4 wipes the floor with these games, Resident Evil 4/5 wipes the floor with these games, most of the older titles wipe the floor with these games. By these games I refer to RE6 and REV, they're mediocre to the point where I feel it wouldn't be that difficult to produce something better with an nth of the budget/staff.

./rant

L.O.R.D

SAmyrWV.jpg

how the sync work on residentevil.net ?
its say there is queue , 1 person ahead of me, i wait for 10 min and nothing happen

kick51

Banned
How hard can it be to sit the staff for the game down and make them play RE1 and RE2, or even RE0 (given its potential) and say, "Dis here". Is the situation at Capcom itself the problem? Fatal Frame 4 wipes the floor with these games, Resident Evil 4/5 wipes the floor with these games, most of the older titles wipe the floor with these games. By these games I refer to RE6 and REV, they're mediocre to the point where I feel it wouldn't be that difficult to produce something better with an nth of the budget/staff.

./rant

Very strongly disagree that RE5 is better than 6 (sorry, 4 just got caught in the bold tag. i worship that game.) and Raid Mode is better than anything in 5 so far for me.

I feel like there's some lag in people catching on to RE6. Capcom really needs to let their games bake in the oven longer instead of fixing them up months after launch. RE6 is destined for some pretty loyal cult favorite status. The gun play and movement options are just glorious. It's not "real" Resident Evil, but damn is it fun.

I felt 5 was somewhere in between 4 and wanting to be the game RE6 was and not as good as either.

Top Bottom