• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just finally got my copy of this yesterday from Amazon. Had about a half hour to play Raid mode last night and I have what might be a stupid question...

Is there a place to see what ranking I've gotten on each level?

I want to get S Ranking on all of them but I don't see a listing. Am I missing it?

You can check when you go to select a stage. It should show you your highest ranking next to each stage.

Chris should have gotten a slutty wetsuit, too, tbh

You can now use costumes in campaign, so if Sailor Chris counts... It is pretty tight, like a wet-suit.

Can someone explain the DLC weapons in the Enhancement Pack to me?
are they a certain level or do they go up depending on your level? I do know they have mods like magazine 10 attached.

Just finally got my copy of this yesterday from Amazon. Had about a half hour to play Raid mode last night and I have what might be a stupid question...

Is there a place to see what ranking I've gotten on each level?

I want to get S Ranking on all of them but I don't see a listing. Am I missing it?

It should have the letter on the image in the stage select screen.

Hey guys, did I screw myself?

After
beating the mutated communications officer boss at the end of Episode 3, I went though the double doors at the back of the room instead of heading back to the communications room.

From there I took an elevator up to a "Guest Cabin" and grabbed the big ammo boxes and 3 grenades and then went back and completed the chapter.

Now I hear I should left that ammo alone as I'll be needing it much later. I really don't want to redo all of Ep. 3 just because of that.

Am I going to be totally screwed later on with a lack of ammo or should I still be able to manage?

After
beating the mutated communications officer boss at the end of Episode 3, I went though the double doors at the back of the room instead of heading back to the communications room.

From there I took an elevator up to a "Guest Cabin" and grabbed the big ammo boxes and 3 grenades and then went back and completed the chapter.

Now I hear I should left that ammo alone as I'll be needing it much later. I really don't want to redo all of Ep. 3 just because of that.

Am I going to be totally screwed later on with a lack of ammo or should I still be able to manage?

You'll be fine.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

After

I never had any problems with the game from ammo issues. The only way you can run out of ammo is if you miss over 50% of the shots you take.

This game is waayyy shorter than I remembered on the 3DS. For whatever reason, I remember spending 10-15 hours on the single player in the 3DS version. But I am 5 hours in and on Chapter 10 in the Wii U version, despite spending more time exploring than I did in the 3DS version.

Maybe I'm just remembering the 3DS version wrong.

L.O.R.D

what this "catalog" you are talking about when you run the game ?
every time i run the game (PC version) it check RE.net for some update ( but not catalog )
is that why i can't find any match ?
every time i want to search, after less then 1 second it say there is nothing

Jawmuncher

This game is waayyy shorter than I remembered on the 3DS. For whatever reason, I remember spending 10-15 hours on the single player in the 3DS version. But I am 5 hours in and on Chapter 10 in the Wii U version, despite spending more time exploring than I did in the 3DS version.

Agreed felt way shorter playing it again on consoles. Maybe its just because we know everything that'll come up so it feels shorter? Ill have to check my 3DS sp time to

5 hours and chapter 10 is way faster than im going, so your knowledge of where stuff is has definitely helped improve your time.

Agreed felt way shorter playing it again on consoles. Maybe its just because we know everything that'll come up so it feels shorter? Ill have to check my 3DS sp time to
It only took me 6 hours on my first run on PC. It just ain't a long game. Feels longer with the recycled environments near the end.

Im thinking about picking this game up tomarrow. I have a couple of questions though. First question, do I have to have knowledge of previous Resident Evil games? Also, my friend commented on the 360 version being a technical mess. Meaning bad frame rate, bad texutres, things like that. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I played the demo, and couldnt find anything like that.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Im thinking about picking this game up tomarrow. I have a couple of questions though. First question, do I have to have knowledge of previous Resident Evil games? Also, my friend commented on the 360 version being a technical mess. Meaning bad frame rate, bad texutres, things like that. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I played the demo, and couldnt find anything like that.

Your friend is lying to you, the game runs flawlessly on just about every version. The only one with issue's is the Wii U version that sutters some times. To play resident evil you don't really need prior knowledge of any of the other games, this one is no exception. All you need to know is that Jill and Chris has always been the best of buddies and partners till the end. The story is very self contained.

Single player is fun, but the real meat is raid mode if you ask me. Get a buddy to get the game with you and coop raid mode for hours of fun!

Nemesis_

The Rachael artwork from ResidentEvil.Net is the stuff of nightmares:

530.png

How do you get a Rocket Launcher in Raid Mode? I want to unlock Sailor Chris *.*

Nemesis_

It's always in the store for me. I bought mine during the half off event where it wass 30000 instead of 60000

It's not for me :( What am I doing wrong? I tried entering and exiting the store multiple times and the weapons on offer there definitely change but the Rocket Launcher doesn't appear. I spent a good 15 minutes doing it while browsing GAF too :(

Yup. The game took me around 6 hours to complete, and I was taking my time for sure. It did feel longer because it was over the course of a few days, though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It took me 15 with deaths, 10 without. But it was my first time playing, and I did it on Infernal Mode difficulty.

kick51

Banned
Rachel is kind of close to a cool character design. I like the whole covered eyes thing. Fix up the ridiculous cleavage and other things and you could have sort of a neat villain.

But I unlocked her last night and super positive high pitched anime VA voice and side-boob bounce are two big no-nos.

Davey Cakes

Played it on PC for the first time and finished it in 5:51 and I wasn't rushing. The game is short.
Took me over twice as LONG. O_O

Maybe it's because I scanned everything, and did a lot of back tracking and double-checking of areas.

RE5 only took me 8 hours, so I was impressed that Revelations felt longer.

It's not for me :( What am I doing wrong? I tried entering and exiting the store multiple times and the weapons on offer there definitely change but the Rocket Launcher doesn't appear. I spent a good 15 minutes doing it while browsing GAF too :(

It only appeared for me after a certain point. don't remember if it was level or stage based.

Nori Chan

I think I got it at level 10-15

I think it means some tougher than usual enemies are in that stage.
Thanks.

Does that appear randomly as one progresses through the stages, or is there something else to it?

I must say, I'm really enjoying the hell out of Raid Mode. I can't believe Capcom didn't think to include a similar mode in RE6.

Fezan

just bought the game for ps3 . to be honest i was expecting somewhat classic re but this is just simple run and gun shooter with no scares and mostly linear path.sound effects and enemy hit reaction were also disappointing . at least it has classic cheesy re dialogues

just bought the game for ps3 . to be honest i was expecting somewhat classic re but this is just simple run and gun shooter with no scares and mostly linear path.sound effects and enemy hit reaction were also disappointing . at least it has classic cheesy re dialogues

Well you have to remember that this was running on a handheald with a strict ram and cpu limit, it's miles better then RE6 anyway :p

I really hope there is more DLC planned.
If Lady Hunk &
Infected
Rachael are the only added characters whoever is in charge of Resident Evil really doesn't understand the point of dlc.
Someone like Leon would probably sell 10 times more than either of them.

With Mercenaries it was kinda understandable because its extra work to come up with a loadout and balance it with all the other characters.
Characters for Raid is easy money for Capcom, take an Umbrella Chronicles character model give it one of the resused animations other characters have and reuse old voice clips.
Wesker, Rebecca and Barry are pretty much ready from 5/M3D.

Currently slugging through this on 3DS, but I keep getting sidetracked by raid mode. It's so much fucking fun. Just finished up Chapter 3 in story mode and Quint and Keith's segment in episode 9 can suck a thousand dicks.

Hunters and dogs everywhere...

Only if that includes a new somersault kick melee and her finishing quote being: "Better run home to momma now!".

Anyway, why didn't CAPCOM add the ability to shoot at the Wall Blisters when they grab you, so you can try to stop it breaking your back and scoring an instant kill attack? I tried Terragrigia on Trench difficulty and encountered one while my machine gun wasn't loaded, and after dodging it and running, I realized it's attack pattern is just running after you at alarming speed until it can corner and grab you, so it's kind of lame that if you get caught, you're essentially dead. The Scagdead is one thing, but surely when a Wall Blister just has you hanging there, you should be able to fight your way out of it.

I really hope there is more DLC planned.
If Lady Hunk &
Infected
Rachael are the only added characters whoever is in charge of Resident Evil really doesn't understand the point of dlc.
Someone like Leon would probably sell 10 times more than either of them.

With Mercenaries it was kinda understandable because its extra work to come up with a loadout and balance it with all the other characters.
Characters for Raid is easy money for Capcom, take an Umbrella Chronicles character model give it one of the resused animations other characters have and reuse old voice clips.
Wesker, Rebecca and Barry are pretty much ready from 5/M3D.

They could easily just add a 'survival' mode. Pretty much just survive for as long as possible against waves of enemies on a few stages and then release more dlc stages. Doubt the limitations are as big in this game as in RE6. But yeah, more fan favorites. I don't understand why Capcom doesn't listen to the fans regarding this.

Top Bottom