• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Just finished the campaign as well. The final area was fucking amazing the second time around (played it on 3DS first). The atmosphere and the fucking soundtrack are top notch stuff.

This game's soundtrack is so underrated. Every single track is fucking sick, especially the ending credits song and the final area track. sogood.gif

probably my favorite soundtrack of the series.
even two of the action tracks are some of my favorites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINURpio5gI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztA-fR6RUs

Sadist

How do you get a Trinity Bonus? On the second raid level I got the genocide, no damage bonus and the other one and I didn't get the bonus. So, what did I do wrong?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I can't possibly imagine this being worth the asking price.

Its a lot better than RE6 thats for sure. I have the 3DS version and enjoyed it. Im most def going to pick this up in the very near future, since this actually felt like a RE game.

entered level 45
dodge all the attack, you can master the dodge very easy
buy alot..and i mean alot of boosters for machine gun and magnum
each boost cost about 200000
if you play ghost ship and got the Trinity bonuc you get more then 3000000
Tell us your secret kungfu techniques, sensei.
Because I'm on Infernal Ep.10 and still haven't quite grasped how it works. I can dodge most of the grapple attacks... sometimes, or when the large enemies charge at you, but I always fail when they swing their arms or blade and jump attacks.

Finally got my copy. Really enjoying this game. Knew what would happen at certain points since I've seen gameplay from the 3DS.

At the
maydayyy boss fight though, I only had 2 guns... kept running out of ammo and couldn't kill him (which surprised me cause I'm playing on Normal...). Finally a friend told me I was supposed to have the rifle by that point so before I went through the door I went back and looked for it. You can miss quite alot of stuff though. It's not exactly clear where you're supposed to go

So for some reason I'm vaguely interested in getting this on PC. Those of you who've played both Revelations and RE6 - and who thought RE6 was irredeemable shite - is Revelations significantly more enjoyable? At the very least, how bad is it with the QTEs/Chase sequences from RE6?

Bittercup

So for some reason I'm vaguely interested in getting this on PC. Those of you who've played both Revelations and RE6 - and who thought RE6 was irredeemable shite - is Revelations significantly more enjoyable? At the very least, how bad is it with the QTEs/Chase sequences from RE6?
I have finished ~50% of Revelations so far and not a single QTE or chase sequence, if this helps :)
I don't know if I can answer the first part of your question because I like RE6, but I would recommend to play the demo if you haven't already. It gives a relatively good impression of the gameplay. Lots of narrow corridors and the shooting could be better. I still enjoy the game a lot but gameplay-wise I'm not sure it's better than RE6. The lack of QTE is certainly nice and the game has more puzzles.

Taruranto

Just finished chapter 10.

>Retarded self-destruction sequence out of nowhere
>Helicopter pilot gets killed

It's a Resident Evil ending, alright.

jediyoshi

Finally got the weapon upgrade that shoots all bullets in one go
This plus any revolver is the craziest thing, I've been deliberately not pairing it up with long mag since it just spouts too much damage

Just got an update on Steam. Anyone have any idea as to what it does?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222480/discussions/0/864969481964274247/

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed already, but a new patch has been release earlier today which addresses the session search issue that some of you may have experienced.

The new update widens the search area from same/nearby regions to sessions hosted half way around the globe based on your selected 'download region' in the Steam client.

Pro tip: If you can't find a joinable session immediately, try hosting one instead. Someone should join your session fairly quickly as the vast majority of players tend to only search rather than hosting one (and then completely give up if nothing shows up).

Sectus

I dunno why they limit game searches to download regions at all. Does that mean that "bug" in RE6 wasn't a bug afterall? They originally intended it to only search for nearby regions? RE6 and Rev have netcodes which work really well in even high ping situations, they should take advantage of that and let both games always do global searches.

ironcreed

Banned
I was holding off, but may go ahead and pick this up for PS3. It really looks like a must play Resident Evil. I especially like the look of Raid mode.

There's none of that crap in revelations, I enjoyed it more than RE6. Closest would be Ada's campaign (except for that last chapter).

If you mean like the vehicle/turret section.
There
are 2
but its better than the ones in 5 & 6.

L.O.R.D

@Neiteio
this is for you
514.png

any one great with photoshop..can you remove the background and the shadows ?

News Bot

Banned
Just finished chapter 10.

>Retarded self-destruction sequence out of nowhere
>Helicopter pilot gets killed

It's a Resident Evil ending, alright.

What's retarded about a self-destruct sequence kept as a fail-safe in order to destroy a fatal contaminant and contagious creatures? Never understood this complaint beyond the fact that it is used rather too frequently, but the reasoning is pretty sound in every case.

Fuck Jessica, worst character in the franchises since a long time.

Yup. Also the most confusing.

Taruranto

The final boss
only had one transformation!?
IS THIS REALLY RESIDENT EVIL AM I PLAYING, WHAT'S GOING ON.

Also, for the love of god Capcom, stay away from "grey morality" or whatever you were attending in the last chapters, you just... can't.

What's retarded about a self-destruct sequence kept as a fail-safe in order to destroy a fatal contaminant and contagious creatures? Never understood this complaint beyond the fact that it is used rather too frequently, but the reasoning is pretty sound in every case.

I'm just tired of them. Umbrella was the worst, fucking self-destruct sequences inside self-destruct sequences. They really liked the idea to blow up their workers, didn't they.

News Bot

Banned
Honestly the game kind of soured me on Dai Sato's writing. But I'll withhold judgement until (if) we learn what CAPCOM's own writers decided to change or add. The basic narrative is very good but all the finer details are pretty messed up... or just missing completely. The
TRICELL connections
in particular seemed rather tacked on and likely completely pointless.

Parakeetman

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent! Now how do we go about extracting her from her shadow and that background?

Just use it on a non black background and hopefully wont notice the white jaggies left behind from the magic wand.

Am no photoshop guru but this is the best I could do with my non existent skills lol

uOlyedC.png

*Looking at it now, maybe I should have used feathering in an attempt to remove some of the white leftovers. :/

L.O.R.D

Just use it on a non black background and hopefully wont notice the white jaggies left behind from the magic wand.

Am no photoshop guru but this is the best I could do with my non existent skills lol

uOlyedC.png

*Looking at it now, maybe I should have used feathering in an attempt to remove some of the white leftovers. :/

yeb, the black background in my desktop mess with this,its like an extra layer

here how it look

Parakeetman

Shit. D:

Might have to wait for someone who knows that they are really doing then to fix it up better for you. As this is about as far as I can take it currently.

Parakeetman

here how it look

gotta take care of some other stuff first and can try to redo it without the feathering.

Here it is with no other effects done besides just cutting out all the shadows / BG
rKOidZT.png

Miker

I just spent 45 goddamn minutes wandering around Raid Mode stage 15, and I was still missing an old key and couldn't open one door. That stage is crazy. People want nonlinear, tense Resident Evil? Raid mode is it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Stage 15 is where all those old keys are at?

Because if it is, me and my friend spent like 1 hour and 30 minutes on that level alone getting ALL the keys :lol

We almost ran out of ammo because we killed all the enemies. Stage is insane. And this is on Chasm difficulty.

Miker

Because if it is, me and my friend spent like 1 hour and 30 minutes on that level alone getting ALL the keys :lol

We almost ran out of ammo. Stage is insane. And this is on Chasm difficulty.

I don't think keys stay in your inventory between stages, if that's what you mean.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't think keys stay in your inventory between stages, if that's what you mean.
No, I wasn't referring to that. I was just saying we snagged all the keys, killed all the enemies, and opened all the doors with the locks. That's why it took forever to complete that level, which was a lot of time. I don't know the exact # of that level, so we may be talking about different stages.

Miker

No, I wasn't referring to that. I was just saying we snagged all the keys, killed all the enemies, and opened all the doors with the locks. That's why it took forever to complete that level, which was a lot of time.

Oh, my misunderstanding then. I swear I searched every single room, but I still couldn't unlock one door. Either I missed a key, or there are more rooms than keys, which I could see being the case.

Taruranto

We almost ran out of ammo because we killed all the enemies. Stage is insane. And this is on Chasm difficulty.

Yeah, it's quite a chore.

Top Bottom