• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Does it matter if one scans the enemy dead or alive (eg higher percentage if alive?)

What's the benefit of scanning them anyway? Just herbs, or do your attacks become more effective towards them or something?

Does it matter if one scans the enemy dead or alive (eg higher percentage if alive?)

What's the benefit of scanning them anyway? Just herbs, or do your attacks become more effective towards them or something?

Higher percentage when alive. Only herbs as far as I'm aware. I could be totally wrong on that though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Higher percentage when alive. Only herbs as far as I'm aware. I could be totally wrong on that though.
You're right. You only get herbs out of it.

Someone had posted a video on Raid Mode in this thread, so heads up if you don't know: you can get a herb if you charge your melee attack on the giant medal that appears when you clear the level.

RangerBAD

You're right. You only get herbs out of it.

Someone had posted a video on Raid Mode in this thread, so heads up if you don't know: you can get a herb if you charge your melee attack on the giant medal that appears when you clear the level.

Probably a trophy for scanning all enemy types 100%!

Xander51

I didn't realize how much of the ship was included in the demo. I had never tried going through the other door in the starting room, haha. Still impressed at how this turned out given its origins, looking forward to checking out the full game.

xBuTcHeRx

CAPCOM, out of all things why isn't this on the VITA!! DAMMIT CAPCOM I hate you so bad!!! DIE in a fire you and all your on-disc DLC!

Aaron

CAPCOM, out of all things why isn't this on the VITA!! DAMMIT CAPCOM I hate you so bad!!! DIE in a fire you and all your on-disc DLC!
Deal with Nintendo maybe linked to the original 3DS game? I can't imagine it would cost much to port, and could easily sell that much to RE fans.

Wii U or PS3 version? Would normally get the PC version but I'm out of town for a few weeks and don't have access to my desktop. Heard the Wii U pad wasn't properly used in the demo thread, has that changed at all? Otherwise I'll probably get the PS3 version for the trophies.

This game has one of the worst and most ridiculous characters design I've seen in this generation.... what the hell happened here?

Enjoying the game so far.... but if it only was more isolated without that partner shit, this could easily be the real comeback of the series to it's glory RE1 - RE2 - RE3 days.

PK Gaming

I don't know the big deal about Jill's ass. It looked bigger in REmake and just about as revealing, similar in outfit to Regina's from Dino Crisis.

Yeah i've gotta admit her ass isn't anywhere near as impressive as it was in the 3DS version.

:(

The worst part about this re-release coming out is all the reviews will babble their incompetent nonsense about Resident Evil 6 again.

Can't wait XD
zlCfzQ_E6lY9YJR841

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
In the demo 1920 was the highest horizontal resolution for whatever reason. Think some people got it to change, but then it would crash.

it's crazy it don't allow me to downsample(none of my custom resolutions are showing) it's weird because MT Framework was very good at that, I guess MT Framework Mobile is just crap.

Sectus

it's crazy it don't allow me to downsample(none of my custom resolutions are showing) it's weird because MT Framework was very good at that, I guess MT Framework Mobile is just crap.

I'm the one who thought 1920 was the highest supported horizontal resolution, but it isn't the case. I think the developers simply forgot to add support for certain resolutions. 2560x1600 is fully supported. I don't know why they didn't add support for 2560x1440 and certain other resolutions, especially since the game forces a 16:9 aspect ratio, and 2560x1600 isn't that while 2560x1440 is. Hopefully they'll fix this in the patch. I'm certain the full release will be the same unless there's a day 1 patch.

By the way, the game runs on MT Framework v2. They ported it from MT Framework Mobile.

Nemesis_

This is kind of off topic but I want opinions first.

I was going to thread this but then I realised it's probably fake.

Worth posting even as a TALES FROM MY ASS thread?

Hey Henry,

As we’ve spoken earlier on the phone, here are the two drafts of the E3 2013 posters. These are not final, but they just want to give us an idea of how the posters should look for the posters and the banners. I should expect to receive more PNG files of the updated logos and newer effects. The solid color for the ‘Soft Light’ layer has to be #002540 and it is important to have the effects’ scales (66% from the current file) and position exactly as shown from these two drafts.

But as for the coming updated PNG files, they will send me another merged draft of how these updated effects should be placed. Also, I will send you details on the resolution sizes for the E3 banners. For now just call Daniel, he might know more about the banners.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me.

Take care,
Adam Wilde

hw61dsm.jpg

mao2

I didn't realize how much of the ship was included in the demo. I had never tried going through the other door in the starting room, haha. Still impressed at how this turned out given its origins, looking forward to checking out the full game.
Oh wow, I didn't realize it too until I read your post LOL. That section outside with heavy rain pouring looks really nice.

Jawmuncher

Glad the reviews are overall better.
Didnt want to deal with another RE6 fiasco. Especially since this game had already technically been reviewed before on 3DS to praise.

ArjanN

Here are some present codes for free guns in the raid mode:

Credit to Draze at the Capcom-Unity forums.

If anyone is unfamilliar with the presnet code system, entering codes is easy!
Login to the Resident Evil Revelations section of residentevil.net.
Click on the "Enter a Present Code" button near the middle of the page.
Type a valid code into the box and hit enter.
And just like that you have a brand new weapon to use in raid mode when the game is released!

Now onto the codes

Valid Codes:

1) "abyss" - awards an M92F - Lv.1 with 4 customization slots

2) "queen" - awards a P-90 "Short Range+" - Lv.5 with 6 customization slots

3) "mayday" - awards an L. Hawk "Short Range" - Lv.5 with 4 customization slots

4) "bioterrorism" - awards a Pale Rider - Lv. 3 with 5 custimization slots

5) "raymond" - awards a Drake - Lv. 3 with 6 custimization slots

6) "originaleleven" -awards a Muramasa - Lv. 3 with 6 custimization slots

7) "hell" - awards an M40A1 "Speed Load" - Lv. 3 with 4 custimization slots

8) "ghiozzo" - awards a Windham - Lv.1 with 4 cuztomization slots

9) "keith" - awards a G36 "Speed Shot" - Lv.5 with 5 customization slots

10) "herb" - awards an L. Hawk "Short Range" Lv.1 with 2 customization slots

11) "scagdead" - awards a Python "Short Range+" - Lv.3 with 4 customization slots

12) "globster" - awards a PC356 - Lv.1 with 6 customization slots

13) "raccoon" - awards a 'Windham "Short Range" - Lv.1 with 3 customization slots

14) "albert" - awards a G36 "Light Weight" - Lv.3 with 4 customization slots

I only played the demo on PC, assume the console versions are 720P, 30 FPS?

And is the laser sight not in the retail game either? I don't understand why they would take it out.

Sectus

Correct and correct. All console versions are 720p (even Wii U as far as I know) and they're locked at 30. Apparently Wii U has some stuttering.

The laser sight omission is really weird especially considering the 3DS version had it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have this pre-ordered for 360 at Amazon, but I just got a new PC. Only got a chance to try the PC demo for just a few minutes- it ran maxed at 1920x1080, but are there any issues with the controls? I didn't get to try a 360 controller and mouse look was weird.

Thinking of canceling the 360 order and getting it from Steam instead. The PC version goes at 60 FPS, right?

Ridley327

Here are some present codes for free guns in the raid mode:

Credit to Draze at the Capcom-Unity forums.

That's funny that there's codes already for the three super rare weapons, making that a rather easy achievement to get.

(for those that don't know, the three super rare weapons are the Pale Rider, the Drake, and the Muramasa)

Top Bottom