• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

ezekial45

Banned
facepalm.jpg

Instead of using a cliched meme, why don't you explain yourself.

Come on, now. Use your words.

lum0s

Banned
If you want to send Capcom a message DONT buy this game

RE Remake did very well sending a strong signal that people want quality RE games again. if this game performs well it will send mixed messages.

Sorry, don't really want to go back to the classic formula. Didn't really care for it, despite growing up with the classic games. Didn't like the fixed camera, the wonky shooting, and so on. Frankly I find pure survival horror to be a bore. I like the TPS shooting and how well it works with the extra modes like Raid and Mercenaries. As far as I'm concerned the only thing the later RE games lacked was atmosphere, compared to the originals, anyway, and it seems Rev2 is trying to remedy that. So I'm buying.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's too obvious:

1) The artbook shows her second half of her face and eye distorted as you know already,

2) Have you noticed Capcom describing her as having "abnormal abilities" and what not? She can "sense" monsters (because she is infected or has been experimented on by female villain), her abilitiy is a giveaway that something is not up.

3) Natalia cannot use guns in the campaign, but so can't Moira. Yet, Moira is already playable in Raid mode. Why not include Natalia, too? If she's one of the four main characters. Why not have her playable from the beginning like the others? It doesn't make sense to have her playable in the campaign but not in the extra modes. Unless... She is playable but in another form.

4) The easiest giveaway to this theory:
Notice how Capcom assigns characters to each "episode"?

Penal Colony = Claire
Judgement = Barry
Contemplation = Moira

And...
Metamorphosis = Natalia.

We're spoiler speculating talking, but there's some spoilers mixed in with speculation so just don't ready any of this if you don't want potential spoilers.

I think more she will become blind rather than mutate into a monster, but it definitely could happen. Moira doesn't use guns at first, but I feel she may by the end of Revelations 2, she implies guns did something terrible, so I suspect maybe something happened previously with Moira and Barry which has made Moira really apprehensive to them. Natalia is just so much smaller than every other character, I'm trying to imagine her going guns-blazing with some of the ridiculous guns that come in Raid Mode. I feel she may not mutate and may not be playable, but we shall see. I think Natalia will have things happen to her and she's really important narratively, but I'm uncertain if she's going to mutate, I kind of think she just has special powers and will have her eye gouged out, not sure if she's going to go whole boss monster on us. Maybe will happen. More so if she'd be playable in Raid Mode or not.

All to be seen though, she's very likely but it could be someone we're not aware of yet, sort of like how the blonde woman has only become apparent recently.

Dusk Golem

Still think the final character won't be Natalia at all for raid.

I don't think Natalia will be playable in Raid Mode either, I think the 15th character will be someone else we don't know about yet, or some reward character like HUNK was in Revelations 1.

Natalia is just so wittle and it's a bit hard imagining her going guns blazing as a playable Raid Mode character. The idea of a little girl in a white dress with a pigtail about half the size of the other characters shooting off a magnum in Raid Mode is amusing to me, though.

Jawmuncher

I don't think Natalia will be playable in Raid Mode either, I think the 15th character will be someone else we don't know about yet, or some reward character like HUNK was in Revelations 1.

Natalia is just so wittle and it's a bit hard imagining her going guns blazing as a playable Raid Mode character. The idea of a little girl in a white dress with a pigtail about half the size of the other characters shooting off a magnum in Raid Mode is amusing to me, though.

However it'll be interesting to see her in mod form on pc. Should make for a funny video.

gconsole

If you want to send Capcom a message DONT buy this game

RE Remake did very well sending a strong signal that people want quality RE games again. if this game performs well it will send mixed messages.

I dont care and I will enjoy the hell out of it. RE4 , 5 , 6 was selling better than 1, 2, 3. So signal has been wrongly sent for almost 10 years already.

tav7623

PSA: Just finished pre loading & installing Ep.1 on the PS3 and was surprised to find out that instead of the usual "this content isn't available yet" message that you get when trying to access pre loaded games early the game actually ended up loading, but in "Demo" mode. So I'm currently messing with the "Demo" version of episode 1 (click Campaign > Choose Difficulty either Casual or Normal > Start) which I'm assuming is one of the ones they've been showing off for a while now in videos and at events for a while now as there are no story cinematics (so far). Anyways if any of you have already got the game pre loaded & installed and are interested you might want to check this out for yourselves.

P.S. here are some pics to back it up

Man, I hate how RE is all about action and explosions now.

Where's my horror at, Capcom.

There's always been "action" in Resident Evil, a fucking mansion explodes at the end of the original. That being said... I would say there's a huge difference between that and what we have now :p

Man I'm dying to find out what some of these twists are, like who the disembodied voice belongs to. I hope it's stuff that's actually surprising, even shocking.

Dusk Golem

However it'll be interesting to see her in mod form on pc. Should make for a funny video.

Yup, I especially hope it'll be done with that ridiculously larged-barrel magnum from the first Revelations Raid Mode.

The thought of Natalia shooting that thing off cracks me up.

Astral Dog

I dont care and I will enjoy the hell out of it. RE4 , 5 , 6 was selling better than 1, 2, 3. So signal has been wrongly sent for almost 10 years already.
It doesn't really matter, i just hope they get close to the atmosphere and gameplay of RE 4 some day.

Dusk Golem

PSA: Just finished pre loading & installing Ep.1 on the PS3 and was surprised to find out that instead of the usual "this content isn't available yet" message that you get when trying to access pre loaded games early the game actually ended up loading, but in "Demo" mode. So I'm currently messing with the "Demo" version of episode 1 (click Campaign > Choose Difficulty either Easy or Normal > Start) which I'm assuming is one of the ones they've been showing off for a while now in videos and at events for a while now. Anyways if any of you have already got the game pre loaded & installed and are interested you might want to check this out for yourselves.

P.S. here are some pics to back it up

7drHiqr.gif

Also, I forgot this game was going to have a demo.

Manu

There's always been "action" in Resident Evil, a fucking mansion explodes at the end of the original. That being said... I would say there's a huge difference between that and what we have now :p

I know, I was just being silly.

Pretty much every mainline RE ends with the big bad destroyed via rocket to the face and the place self destructing.

AdaWong

We're spoiler speculating talking, but there's some spoilers mixed in with speculation so just don't ready any of this if you don't want potential spoilers.

I think more she will become blind rather than mutate into a monster, but it definitely could happen. Moira doesn't use guns at first, but I feel she may by the end of Revelations 2, she implies guns did something terrible, so I suspect maybe something happened previously with Moira and Barry which has made Moira really apprehensive to them. Natalia is just so much smaller than every other character, I'm trying to imagine her going guns-blazing with some of the ridiculous guns that come in Raid Mode. I feel she may not mutate and may not be playable, but we shall see. I think Natalia will have things happen to her and she's really important narratively, but I'm uncertain if she's going to mutate, I kind of think she just has special powers and will have her eye gouged out, not sure if she's going to go whole boss monster on us. Maybe will happen. More so if she'd be playable in Raid Mode or not.

All to be seen though, she's very likely but it could be someone we're not aware of yet, sort of like how the blonde woman has only become apparent recently.

She'll mutate, but she won't be a boss.
You're right, it's hard imagining a kid running with a Handcannon and shooting monsters and shit. That's why she won't be playable in that little human form. I have some more theories on this, too. Realized how each episode is assigned to a character?

Penal Colony = Claire:
Introduction to the game, "Penal Colony" as Claire/Moira are taken to an isolated island with some type of prison. Claire makes sense to be this episode's "main character" because she is, after all, the very first character revealed to star in the game, and could serve as a reference to Code: Veronica, which she starred in and was taken to an isolated island with a prison. Again, "Penal Colony."

Judgement = Barry:
I still don't have a clear idea of what this could mean for Barry.

Contemplation = Moira:
Moira fucking hates Barry as we know already. But as the game progresses, she "contemplates" and realizes how much of an ungrateful kid she is and acknowledges and appreciates Barry as a whole and of his protectiveness. She cries for his help (as we already see in trailers).

And...
Metamorphosis = Natalia:
Someone is going to mutate. Natlaia being a monster will be this game's "revelation."
The game is going to be co-op. So they won't just turn the game into single player at the end, so, yes. Playable mutated Natalia. Think Piers.
That's where you unlock Natalia in Raid mode.

Lulubop

No midnight release for on steam tonight? =/

You can use a 20 percent off code on GMG, also they might have mailed you a 25% off code that doesn't expire until the 27th. Check your mail.

Jawmuncher

Where's the cheapest place to buy this?

b/s/t? kinguin? g2a? amazon? gmg?
Nuveem if you are in the Americas.
GMG after that.stay away form G2A and Kinguin.
Yup, I especially hope it'll be done with that ridiculously larged-barrel magnum from the first Revelations Raid Mode.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/residentevil/images/4/42/Pale_Rider.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width/250?cb=20140122221901[IMG]

The thought of Natalia shooting that thing off cracks me up.[/QUOTE]
Would be perfect.
[quote="tav7623, post: 153421382"]PSA: Just finished pre loading & installing Ep.1 on the PS3 and was surprised to find out that instead of the usual "this content isn't available yet" message that you get when trying to access pre loaded games early the game actually ended up loading, but in "Demo" mode. So I'm currently messing with the "Demo" version of episode 1 (click Campaign > Choose Difficulty either Easy or Normal > Start) which I'm assuming is one of the ones they've been showing off for a while now in videos and at events for a while now as there are no story cinematics (so far). Anyways if any of you have already got the game pre loaded & installed and are interested you might want to check this out for yourselves.

P.S. here are some pics to back it up[/QUOTE]
I'm more interested that you have Acess to a demo version. Did someone mess up the file?

YRuafraid

Banned
Posts like these are why I have a hard time taking old-school RE fans seriously in any post RE4 (3? lol) game thread :/

If anything this game looks like its trying to return more closely to earlier RE with the creepy atmosphere and lack of any big action sequences. I'm sure Capcpom is looking very closely at the publics reaction to this...

I'm sorry but this looks more like a watered down RE4 than classic RE....I certainly hope this isn't Capcom's idea of "catering to classic RE fans"...it's nothing like classic RE... creepy atmosphere? Compare this with REmake

Edit-- but for whoever played it I wanna hear how it is

joe2187

Banned

Im crossing my fingers for Alfred or Alexia Ashford.

tav7623

I'm more interested that you have Acess to a demo version. Did someone mess up the file?

I don't know how or why, all I know is that upon downloading, installing, and clicking on the game icon (fyi this is the PS3 version) it started up instead of giving me the "this game isn't available yet" message and that clicking on campaign, then selecting a difficulty setting loaded up a playable "demo" of the game that looks a whole lot like the one I've been seeing in videos recently showing off the game's play dynamics between Clare & Moira.

Dusk Golem

I don't know, all I know is that upon downloading, installing, and clicking on the game icon it started up instead of giving me the "this game isn't available yet" message and that clicking on campaign then selecting a difficulty it loaded up a "demo" of the game that looks a whole lot like the one I've been seeing in videos recently showing off the game's play dynamics between Clare & Moira.

I've heard that Revelations 2 is going to have a demo to try the game, so I'm guessing that's what your playing, but you're playing it before it's officially out, so that's interesting.

Ricker

So I see other people are having problem with the suppose pre-download...I get an error,it asks me if I want to go to the store since it cant find the game in my library(even though the icon of the game is there),and all I see at the store is that I did in fact buy it,but I cant start the download(I see the timer also)....lets see what happens at midnight or tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Is the game refusing to pre-load (PS4) for anyone else here?

Yep ;)

Dusk Golem

Question, reviews for the game hit in four hours, user impressions will hit around then too as the game releases in 6 minutes I think on PSN? Should we make a reviews thread, a reviews/impressions thread? Just keep it to the OT? An overall thread or one for each episode each week? I want to make one, but curious what you all think?

Jawmuncher

Question, reviews for the game hit in four hours, user impressions will hit around then too as the game releases in 6 minutes I think on PSN? Should we make a reviews thread, a reviews/impressions thread? Just keep it to the OT? An overall thread or one for each episode each week? I want to make one, but curious what you all think?

You should make a review thread
Update it with how the reviews are released.

Ricker

Game releases in 1 hour...I think people will use the OT....maybe someone can make a spoiler thread though.

tav7623

I've heard that Revelations 2 is going to have a demo to try the game, so I'm guessing that's what your playing, but you're playing it before it's officially out, so that's interesting.

Well after playing through it I think it's pretty much confirmed that this is the demo you heard about and yeah it is interesting that it allowed me to play it before the game came out, I'm just curious to find out if I'm the only one who was able to access it this early.

Daigoro

Ironic because Revelations 2 initially leaked because it was listed on Xbox.com.

crap. the 360 version is up, just not the XBONE verion... ARG! (edit: actually there is a spot for it on the website, but it only has trailers, you cant purchase it yet for 360 yet. makes sense since i dodnt think it was ever possible to pre-order digitally for 360) nothing for XBONE version though.

also, im miffed that PS3/4 is the only version to get crossbuy on. capcom has forsaken me.

We can't, because it's not there for anyone. I guess we just get it day of.

then how the hell are supposed to pre-order it? (not asking you, its rhetorical) or dont we get any pre-order goodies?

not overjoyed by the way this is being handled at the moment.

Shauni

then how the hell are supposed to pre-order it? (not asking you, its rhetorical) or dont we get any pre-order goodies?

not overjoyed by the way this is being handled at the moment.

I think the only version getting pre-order bonus stuff is PC with the soundtrack sampler or something like that. None of the console versions are as far as I'm aware.

I'm sorry but this looks more like a watered down RE4 than classic RE....I certainly hope this isn't Capcom's idea of "catering to classic RE fans"...it's nothing like classic RE... creepy atmosphere? Compare this with REmake

Edit-- but for whoever played it I wanna hear how it is

I was just saying that it seems more in line with the earlier stuff than RE5,6, REV... I like to think they looked at REV1 and realized that the game would have been a lot better had it been entirely Jill creeping around a ship instead of constant breaks of running in a straight line shooting things.

Of course I say this as a fan of modern RE. Also I'm so jealous of you guys that get to play it tonight. Knew bringing my PS3 up here instead of my PS4 was amistake.

Daigoro

I think the only version getting pre-order bonus stuff is PC with the soundtrack sampler or something like that. None of the console versions are as far as I'm aware.

ah ok thanks. complete season it is then.

cant believe they are making us wait for online RAID. that's going to be a drag.

Shauni

I was just saying that it seems more in line with the earlier stuff than RE5,6, REV... I like to think they looked at REV1 and realized that the game would have been a lot better had it been entirely Jill creeping around a ship instead of constant breaks of running in a straight line shooting things.

Of course I say this as a fan of modern RE. Also I'm so jealous of you guys that get to play it tonight. Knew bringing my PS3 up here instead of my PS4 was amistake.

Don't the PS3 and PS4 versions go up at the same time? I thought they did.

Hugstable

Banned
I feel like I'm kinda excited for this. I've been on a Resident Evil binge recently and cleared REmake (like 5 times) RE2, RE3 and RE4. Can't wait to see some reviews, I enjoyed the first Revelations enough back when I played it on the 3DS (it was long time ago), but I'm feeling a bit excited for this release now. Plus for 25$, it feels like I can't go wrong.

So I am tempted to grab this digitally, but with my experiences with episodic games I will rather wait to get them all at once (Look at you telltale games, you broken mess of games)

Shauni

So I am tempted to grab this digitally, but with my experiences with episodic games I will rather wait to get them all at once (Look at you telltale games, you broken mess of games)

They've already set out an episode a week schedule, and I believe it's assumed the game is finished and they've deliberately cut it up since a physical release is set directly after the digital episodes finish (though, I'm unsure if that's been officially said to be true or not).

Top Bottom