• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

cvben

Damn for some reason I thought episode 2 was coming out today :(

super disappointment

Any idea on time of release? (midnight pls)

Neiteio

Have any of the data-miners figured out what the Omega Gauntlet is? There's only one available difficulty (Very Hard). I'm nearly positive it will be this game's Ghost Ship equivalent. More than anything, I want this game to have a Ghost Ship equivalent that spans the entire island — the prison, coastline, fields, forest, Wassek, etc. With multiple routes, many false exits and only one true exit. And every enemy in Raid, including all of the single-player bosses.

CAPCOM, PLS

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Have any of the data-miners figured out what the Omega Gauntlet is? There's only one available difficulty (Very Hard). I'm nearly positive it will be this game's Ghost Ship equivalent. More than anything, I want this game to have a Ghost Ship equivalent that spans the entire island — the prison, coastline, fields, forest, Wassek, etc. With multiple routes, many false exits and only one true exit. And every enemy in Raid, including all of the single-player bosses.

CAPCOM, PLS

Read this post by me:

I wonder if the episode 2 and 3 Raid stages will be jam packed full of RE6 areas? I don't mind, but one has to question if most all of RE6 is going to end up in these Raid Mode stages. XD;

I also am wondering more and more what the big unlockable at the end of Raid Mode is. To quote Capcom-Unity...

When you pick up Episode 1 on February 24 (PS3/PS4) or February 25 (360/XONE/PC), it will include Claire and Barry's story mode content AND 54 Raid Mode missions spread across three difficulty settings. When subsequent episodes release they will also contain numerous additional Raid Mode maps - Episodes 2 and 3 will each add 36 missions to the mode, while Episode 4 tops things off with another 68 missions. All told there will be over 200 increasingly difficult missions.

To list it out, Raid is split into numerous Gauntlets, each of which contains six Raid missions that come in Easy, Normal and Hard difficulties. If you can clear them all, you'll access an ever greater challenge...

EP1: 3 Gauntlets x 6 Missions x 3 Difficulties

EP2 & 3: 2 Gauntlets x 6 Missions x 3 Difficulties

EP4: 2 Gauntlets, one of which you'll have to finish and see what happens...

Firstly, the Mission number doesn't add up, there's two gauntlets linked to episode 4, one is a regular gauntlet, one is a gauntlet that can only be played on Very Hard difficulty, but that would equate to 24 missions (assuming the last gauntlet is only playable on Very Hard difficulty is composed of the normal 6-level split). Where would the other 44 missions comes from?

I'm also suspicious because at the end of the Revelations 2 OST, there's some really weird music. This is the preview of literally the last song on the soundtrack, which is where the Raid Mode music is (some previews also of music we haven't heard of), but the last song is so.. Strange, for this game: http://www.sumthing.com/uploaded_files/files/previews/ResidentEvilRevelations2/95_Cheap_Sweets.mp3

If there's a Ghost Ship-like thing in this game, that's cool, but I don't think that sort of thing would give you 40 medals... Notably, 44 is also not a number that can be split into three. I've been getting very curious about this...

imo Wesker was done as soon as they gave him super powers and glowing eyes. He was on the way to where he ended up in RE5 from that point on.

I have no qualms about it though.

Can we all agree though that.

1. 5's concept ending, would have been a much more fitting conclusion to the fight and Wesker.
latest

latest

2. Sheva firing a rocket at him with Jill sitting right there was completely stupid.

Otherwise I actually loved 5.

Dusk Golem

I'm not sure I'm following the implications of what you wrote. :-\

Also, that Claire outfit looks perfect. Any shots of the other one?
Short-haired Claire?

I had to edit in what Capcom Unity wrote, forgot the quote post wouldn't contain what I quoted. XD;

Basically, Capcom says episode 4 will have 68 Raid Missions, but there's only two gauntlets you unlock when you get episode 4, and one only has a very hard selectable difficulty. Assuming that has six missions like the other gauntlets, that'd be 24 missions, so where are the other 44 missions? And they tease when you beat all the gauntlets, "The true challenge begins...", and completing the Very Hard Gauntlet you get for episode 4, "you'll have to wait and see what happens..."

So there's more to Raid Mode after the Gauntlets are up, basically. Something to fill up 44 missions, at least.

dreamfall

So I just finished the first Episode, heartily enjoyed all of it. I seem to spending most of my time as support characters to really comb over the area for hidden items. But I'm having a blast, and played a couple of Raid missions.

But I must know- is Jessica an unlockable Raid character? I know this has been asked, but I might've missed the answer. Raid was the greatest thing ever in Revelations 1~!

Also, do we know when 5 adopts Steamworks? I have this real itch to replay it over again, hopefully this time with the Gold Chapters on PC if they bring them over!

Dusk Golem

Damn for some reason I thought episode 2 was coming out today :(

super disappointment

Any idea on time of release? (midnight pls)

If like last week, episode should unlock 8 PM PST tonight on PSN, tomorrow at 9 PM PST on Steam and Xbox.

So I just finished the first Episode, heartily enjoyed all of it. I seem to spending most of my time as support characters to really comb over the area for hidden items. But I'm having a blast, and played a couple of Raid missions.

But I must know- is Jessica an unlockable Raid character? I know this has been asked, but I might've missed the answer. Raid was the greatest thing ever in Revelations 1~!

Also, do we know when 5 adopts Steamworks? I have this real itch to replay it over again, hopefully this time with the Gold Chapters on PC if they bring them over!

-No-

Best line so far is when Moira says to Claire "Fuck you Hollywood! That wasn't even close to easy". Seems like a snarky jab at the fact that everyone in these games are seasoned action heroes who can perform impossible acrobatics.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Huh? Enemies Bonus are random assigned??? Never knew that.

Yes. You will always seemingly fight the same enemies. In that way, each gauntlet mission, on each difficulty, is the same.

The differences are that each successive difficulty raises the number of status effected enemies. And those effects, at least for the elites, is randomized.

The game can be pretty mean.

Although, smoke screen and life stealer have made the game a lot easier for me recently. Might have to dial back my use of those. At least life stealer... it's super OP even at lvl 4. I don;t even care if I take damage anymore, since I get the health back so fast.

Best line so far is when Moira says to Claire "Fuck you Hollywood! That wasn't even close to easy". Seems like a snarky jab at the fact that everyone in these games are seasoned action heroes who can perform impossible acrobatics.

If only I liked Moira, then I could enjoy her few good lines a bit more :p

Manu

I liked "well, fuck that place very much."

Fitting.

Reebot

The dialogue in general is really on point. I've gathered in this thread that it might be due to the localization team rather than the initial script writer but either way, sells the perfect tone for the game.

Dusk Golem

The dialogue in general is really on point. I've gathered in this thread that it might be due to the localization team rather than the initial script writer but either way, sells the perfect tone for the game.

Apparently, if I understand correctly, this is a rare case the English version of the script was made first, and then the Japanese script. If I understand that correctly, I feel one of the reasons this factors into that happening is because Barry is very popular Western-side, rather than in Japan, in big part due to how he was... Localized. So I think they wanted the script to be made first in English first to give RE fans what they've wanted in terms of Barry (and in extension, Claire), and thought due to his popularity being from localization, to have the localization team form the dialogue first for once. That's if I am recalling and understanding correctly on the first bit, the rest is just my own personal theory.

Manu

And still, for all its fanservice, they didn't get Alyson Court to do Claire.

By the way, I replayed CV:X recently and holy crap did Court phone it in on that game.

Dusk Golem

I'm amazed at how much Barry feels like Barry, despite the change in appearance.

The funny thing is, the change in appearance is actually not a change. He's just based off of the last time we saw Barry.

But I will admit, pre-release, I was really worried that Claire and Barry wouldn't feel like themselves and just be there for fan attraction. While the second thing is probably still true, they actually feel like Claire and Barry, and are very enjoyable to see portrayed.

Reebot

Apparently, if I understand correctly, this is a rare case the English version of the script was made first, and then the Japanese script. If I understand that correctly, I feel one of the reasons this factors into that happening is because Barry is very popular Western-side, rather than in Japan, in big part due to how he was... Localized. So I think they wanted the script to be made first in English first to give RE fans what they've wanted in terms of Barry (and in extension, Claire), and thought due to his popularity being from localization, to have the localization team form the dialogue first for once. That's if I am recalling and understanding correctly on the first bit, the rest is just my own personal theory.

That'd be really cool if true; as silly as it sounds the game does capture that "Barry" character well.

Neiteio

Oh, that's interesting re: Barry's appearance.

Speaking of his betrayal (being blackmailed into shooting a comrade), did they ever depict him being torn up over that? I recall him being remorseful in RE1, but I wonder if his subsequent appearances (as fleeting as they were) ever showed him still dwelling on that.

Also, I'll repeat — Capcom, please give me the option to buy the best Raid character ever:

tumblr_inline_mpwzocfqER1qz4rgp.jpg

Neiteio

I think it's adorable how the teddy-bear-loving Natalia ends up with a guy named "Barry"

I really hope he adopts her at the end. (Assuming she doesn't mutate into a killer monster or something)

Dinda

I really like the first Episode. I also don't know why so many people dislike Moira, i like her. But i played with Japanese voices for the most part, maybe that played a role too.

I'm currently playing on PC, but i absolutely have to buy it again on Vita. If the port is good it will be perfect to play a bit of Raid Mode on the way to or at work.

Also, I'll repeat — Capcom, please give me the option to buy the best Raid character ever:

tumblr_inline_mpwzocfqER1qz4rgp.jpg

I approve of this.

Astral Dog

I think it's adorable how the teddy-bear-loving Natalia ends up with a guy named "Barry"

I really hope he adopts her at the end. (Assuming she doesn't mutate into a killer monster or something)
That's not going to stop Barry from adopting her :)
Where is the teddy bear? it doesn't appear on the first episode or trailers.

Shauni

I honestly really like Moira. Part of that is she reminds me a lot of a girl who I used to date and am still sort of friends with, but I don't know, besides she feels like she's one of the few characters they've introduced in the series that had a really distinct personality. Most of the others from 4 onward have been rather forgettable. I hope to see her again, though I'm sure she'll just be forgotten like pretty much every new character introduced since RE3.

Astral Dog

I honestly really like Moira. Part of that is she reminds me a lot of a girl who I used to date and am still sort of friends with, but I don't know, besides she feels like she's one of the few characters they've introduced in the series that had a really distinct personality. Most of the others from 4 onward have been rather forgettable. I hope to see her again, though I'm sure she'll just be forgotten like pretty much every new character introduced since RE3.
Moira is ok so far, her swearing is a bit much, but as she is the only one that does it, doesn't really change much.
She's holding a teddy bear when she first meets Barry. And she dresses like her teddy bear for her alternate costume.
Aww, i can't for her to turn into a big monster. maybe even going against the main villain.

Dusk Golem

The Episode 2 is planned to release today?

Also, it happened to me yesterday, for some reason just appeared on Upload today:
kblwva.gif

Tonight on PSN. Tomorrow on Steam and Xbox One. Review Embargo for episode 2 is tonight.

Also, oh my at that gif, that reminds me of something I experienced in RE5 with the same enemy. XD;

The funny thing is, the change in appearance is actually not a change. He's just based off of the last time we saw Barry.

But I will admit, pre-release, I was really worried that Claire and Barry wouldn't feel like themselves and just be there for fan attraction. While the second thing is probably still true, they actually feel like Claire and Barry, and are very enjoyable to see portrayed.

yeah, i agree...once I started up with him, I really did feel like he was the same ol Barry. I even think the voice actor just sounds like a better performed version of Barry from the original RE.

Reebot

Oh wow, I'm not that far in Raid yet — is that the RE5 Executioner? He's one of my favorite heavies. When does he start appearing in Raid?

I think he's only in that one stage, so far at least. And that was the third gauntlet I think? Maybe the throwback one? Realizing I'm not the most qualified to answer this question.

Kssio_Aug

Tonight on PSN. Tomorrow on Steam and Xbox One. Review Embargo for episode 2 is tonight.

Also, oh my at that gif, that reminds me of something I experienced in RE5 with the same enemy. XD;

Thanks! In my case tomorrow then (XB1). But thats allright!!

Oh wow, I'm not that far in Raid yet — is that the RE5 Executioner? He's one of my favorite heavies. When does he start appearing in Raid?

Yeah, it is him!
But I'm still quite early in the Raid (am at the 2nd mission in the 2nd session), he appeared to me in the daily mission though!

SkylineRKR

And still, for all its fanservice, they didn't get Alyson Court to do Claire.

By the way, I replayed CV:X recently and holy crap did Court phone it in on that game.

'what was that all about'. In robo fashion.

She was terrible in CVX.

Neiteio

So RER1-style Hunters and Scagdead, and RE5 Executioner... What other enemies from past games appear in RER2 Raid?

Seems like the RE5 Lickers would be a great fit.

Neiteio

Moira is unrealistic, because no girl would ever use the word "moist." It's scientifically impossible. I know a girl who tried it once and she spontaneously burst into flames.

But that's OK because I don't play RE for realism.

Shauni

I kind of would like if they'd attempt a spin-off game (maybe even Revelations 3) with some of the supporting cast who haven't been seen in a long time like Carlos, Sheeva, Billy, etc and give them a chance to let their personality develop a little bit. But I guess Capcom is afraid any game without a classic character in it will flop. It's crazy to think we haven't had a traditional game without a returning member since RE2.

Dusk Golem

Tonight as in midnight? Is that a standard thing for PSN.

If like last week, it should be 8 PM PST tonight, 11 PM EST. To be seen, though.

So RER1-style Hunters and Scagdead, and RE5 Executioner... What other enemies from past games appear in RER2 Raid?

I'm hoping for Lickers. Two other enemies I know of from the first episode and Throwback Pack:
-Napad [Resident Evil 6 brute's with a shell on their back that can charge]
-Rasklapanje [Resident Evil 6 grey enemies that can rejuvenate body parts and split in half, throw off their hands]

Neiteio

I'm hoping for Lickers. Two other enemies I know of from the first episode and Throwback Pack:

-Napad [Resident Evil 6 brute's with a shell on their back that can charge]
-Rasklapanje [Resident Evil 6 grey enemies that can rejuvenate body parts and split in half, throw off their hands]
Oh wow, I was just thumbing through my hardcover RE6 guide and was thinking, "Man, these two would work great in Raid."

I -really- want Capcom/Sony to fix my Throwback Pack DLC so I can finally play it. ;_;

Another baddie I want to appear in Raid:

Resident-Evil-Revelations-Scarmiglione-600x360.jpg

Reebot

Those slimley guys from RE 6 that break into different living limbs when shot show up.

Oh yeah and I forgot about those armored brute things. They don't hit you when anymore during their death flail which is nice.

Top Bottom