• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is it up on PSN search now? :p

ILHASS said:
i am pretty sure this is direct copy from GC, all effects included and slowdown's too lol
Embm is missing from the ps3 screens, presumably also missing from the 360 version. Everything else seems intact so far.

bluedeviltron said:
It just sucked me in for 3 hours. Every goddamn time, RE4. Every goddamn time.
Thhhhhiiiiissss

Goddamn... Have to go lifting.... Well, up to the next save, then I'll quit. ^^

Just met the merchant and lmao. I don't know, but the stuff he says has just gone classic over the past few years. :lol

Chinner said:
i'm actually really impressed by that dolphin shot, will probs play it on that.

The problem with this game in Dolphin is that the audio in cutscenes is tied to the framerate, so if you dip even one little bit below 30fps for one moment, the rest of the cutscene is out of sync. Other than that, it's glorious.

Crewnh said:
So what economy does this version have? More money or more ammo?
I just finished the first section after Leon and Luis escape with 4 shotgun shells left...

Like, on a serious note guys: Will there ever be a game polished this well again?

scitek said:
I could make a video using Dolphin with the native res of the game on one side and it rendered at 720p on the other and that would show how much of an improvement just uprezzing it is. What an absurd statement.
And that would understate the difference because it wouldn't show the dithering that's all over transparency and lighting effects in the cube and Wii versions.

scitek

plagiarize said:
And that would understate the difference because it wouldn't show the dithering that's all over transparency and lighting effects in the cube and Wii versions.

Yup. I'm guessing they mean RE4 SD on an old CRT compared to RE4 HD on a new plasma or something.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm actually happy that the game still somewhat looks like crap. The game is widescreen, and the edges are smoother and clearer.

RE4 is meant to look this way. Since when is running around in a dank and scary horror setting supposed to represent "DAT GRAFFIX"

It is what it is. I'm satisfied. The one thing I'm NOT happy about is lack of achievements.

Teknoman

legacyzero said:
I'm actually happy that the game still somewhat looks like crap. The game is widescreen, and the edges are smoother and clearer.

RE4 is meant to look this way. Since when is running around in a dank and scary horror setting supposed to represent "DAT GRAFFIX"

It is what it is. I'm satisfied. The one thing I'm NOT happy about it lack of achievements.

It still looks good...no where near crap regardless of the hardware its running on (mobile version excluded of course), but I doubt anyone would complain if they added AA...or even did some crazy full remake using MT Framework 2.0 or whatever. Atmosphere in a game has everything to do with art design and use of lighting as well as sound...and RE4 really represented DAT GRAFFIX back in the day.

Honestly it probably still does, since some games...while having better graphics in general, still cant match some of the environments 4 threw at you.

Curufinwe

legacyzero said:
It is what it is. I'm satisfied. The one thing I'm NOT happy about is lack of achievements.

I'm actually kind of glad I can play the game and get every Achievement without even looking at a guide. Makes a change from Achievement/Trophy hunting in games like Dead Space 2 where you need a laptop open with a bunch of youtube guides.

scitek

legacyzero said:

Dead Space 2 looked pretty good.

Hi2u

Banned
Is it just me or is there hardly any surround sound on re4 hd on 360? Granted only been playing first 10 minutes but watched a few cutscenes and one of the camera panning from the house where zombies are clearly behind but there is no surround sound anywhere ..?

scitek

Hi2u said:
Is it just me or is there hardly any surround sound on re4 hd on 360? Granted only been playing first 10 minutes but watched a few cutscenes and one of the camera panning from the house where zombies are clearly behind but there is no surround sound anywhere ..?

The game didn't have surround sound to begin with. It supported Pro Logic II, which is just faked surround using stereo.

Jtyettis said:
For a first timer this game blows a lot of this gen out of the water in terms of everything save gfx.
I am jealous of each and every first timer. And less jealous of everyone that is enjoying the game rather than trying to stop the world spinning around.

legacyzero

Banned
Curufinwe said:
I'm actually kind of glad I can play the game and get every Achievement without even looking at a guide. Makes a change from Achievement/Trophy hunting in games like Dead Space 2 where you need a laptop open with a bunch of youtube guides.

But there's no variety, though :(

Seriously. It's like 90% story cheevos. Throw in some tasks!

-Hey, It's that dog!
-Looked up Ada's dress in popcap viewer
-earn 100,000 gold
-spend 100, 000 gold

Those, my friend, are awesome achievements.

Andrefpvs said:
Did anyone get to Ashley yet? Is she hotter in HD?
0409b28fa230744469488087782fff70fd1bca6e.jpg

Playing the game now on 360 and trust me, it is a huge visual upgrage compared to the Wii version through component (480p). RE 4 HD looks very sharp! Buy it. Serious. Eurogamer reviewer has shit in his eyes!

FrankT

Phonomezer said:
Sounds good! I'll be a first-timer, too!

Semi-slow start, but it hits the stride pretty quick after the first sections.

GANGSTERKILLER said:
Playing the game now on 360 and trust me, it is a huge visual upgrage compared to the Wii version through component (480p). RE 4 HD looks very sharp! Buy it. Serious. Eurogamer reviewer has shit in his eyes!

Yea you can certainly tell that from the previous comparisons pics posted here earlier.

So I played for a good hour and a half this morning.

Mind you guys, I played it first on the Wii, but this game seems much, much harder than I remember. And I don't just mean in the aiming department. I feel like their are way more enemies than I remember (especially in the early post-rifle get part) and Wii-version levels of ammo (that is, not a whole lot).

Really enjoying it, though. Still good old RE4. They're super faithful to the controls so no right stick for camera control like in RE5. Still getting used to that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Was debating buying this as I have never played it, only seen people play, but how hard is it? From what I always saw the game is fairly tough.

gray_fox224

ILHASS said:
X360 version, EU, no doubt this is GC version, i have GC and beat the game around 20 times since 2005. all textures, all effects the same, and i must say, this is a best version of RE4.

Thanks bro. Can't wait to download

luka

Loves Robotech S1
plagiarize said:
the best i can do is this...

http://i52.tinypic.com/rj2kop.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/svgdvk.jpg[IMG]

dont read anything into the colour differences.[/QUOTE]
I hope all the people who were lambasting Capcom for supposedly making GCN/Wii shots look worse than they were in the old thread realize how utterly silly they all were.

OH GOD GAF YOU'RE MAKING ME WHITE KNIGHT CAPCOM OF ALL THINGS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

[QUOTE=bigben85]any confirmation on this?[/QUOTE]
As I've said in my last post, it's definitely gone. It's something most people probably won't notice if it wasn't pointed out to them, but it does take something away from certain key moments.

It's a shame, but the game is such a massive upgrade in -every other- aspect that ultimately it doesn't matter so much. Just being able to play this game at a decent resolution with no dithering - and no visual or audio glitches like in dolphin - is a godsend.

Buy this shit, and stop comparing it to massively downsampled dolphin shots cherrypicked from the game's most impressive moments, for fuck's sake.

rvy

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Please, people, do not refrain from buying one of the best games of all time just because it's missing a shiny texture here and there.
What about people who bought it three times already, do I get a pass?
KuGsj.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
rvy said:
What about people who bought it three times already, do I get a pass?
KuGsj.gif

Yes, you can do whatever you want. Though it would be nice if you stopped arguing so forcefully for how shitty a port it is based only on the words of one reviewer and some ugly screenshots, especially now that we have people with first hand experience and pictures speaking up.

snap0212

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Yes, you can do whatever you want. Though it would be nice if you stopped arguing so forcefully for how shitty a port it is based only on the words of one reviewer and some ugly screenshots, especially now that we have people with first hand experience and pictures speaking up.
It's really shitty compared to what KojiPro are doing with the Metal Gear games. Still buying. :p

rvy

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
You seriously think that I'm not buying this because of "missing shiny textures"? Yeah, OK.
Enjoy your game, fellas. It's fucking awesome. Unlike this low-budget port that does it no justice.

I'm out. Apparently pointing out that this is sub-par is bad, mmmmmmmkay.

looks great. I saw the screens and well, I'm going to buy this.

That said. Is the game region locked? I'm in AUS and will buy the american version. Please don't let it be region locked. Its $10 cheaper from the USpsn store.

Top Bottom