• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Mileena

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Downloading RE4 from the NA PSN now... is it always this slow? 7% after 10 minutes.

I'm located in Japan, but we have very fast high-speed internet here.
I put mine to download, started an episode of The Shield and the dl was done before the episode ended. PSN is usually good for me. 20MB download here.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh well, you greedy ****ers. I'll try the EU account now, where the game costs a zillion more $.

edit: aaaaaaaaaand it works. Oh my God, cash is going left and right and by tomorrow I'll probably be poor as fuck. It's not as if buying the Anniversary Edition for a fortune was enough already, now I had to endure Sonys incopetence through their US PSN-system.

fake edit: I even tried adding another card to the server but it didn't even recognize it. What the fuck, man... what the fuck.

FrankT

Beaten. Really incredible experience. Again having never played this game before and comparing it to this gen this game really blows most of this gen out of the water. May try to go for 1000/1000 on this one. Was able with RE5 and I may try here as well. Heh, need to fit some Gears in sometime, but this game is really addictive.

P.S. Salazar is the best character ever.

Curufinwe

Professional mode in RE 4 is a much fairer challenge, and a lot more than fun than playing on Pro in RE 5. At least in single player.

I plan on getting 1000/1000, but I more worried about the bottle caps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hmm what is the hardest difficulty you can start on in RE4?

Curufinwe said:
Professional mode in RE 4 is a much fairer challenge, and a lot more than fun than playing on Pro in RE 5. At least in single player.

Bottle caps really arent that tough to obtain. The shooting ranges are pretty fun and they dont last long.

I already missed the cheevo for Del Lago. I assumed it would pop when I killed him, but alas I was wrong. Guess that what the Pro run is for.

Yoshichan said:
hmm what is the hardest difficulty you can start on in RE4?

Normal. Pro unlocks after your first playthrough although I hear the JPN version has Pro unlocked immediatley.

The game also has a dynamic difficulty as I learned yesterday.

Sorry for the double

Yoshichan

Damn. Oh well, thanks!

JumpingTheGun said:
Bottle caps really arent that tough to obtain. The shooting ranges are pretty fun and they dont last long.

I already missed the cheevo for Del Lago. I assumed it would pop when I killed him, but alas I was wrong. Guess that what the Pro run is for.

Heard you have to do the opposite of what the trophy says, shoot the water and disturb it?

Yoshichan

kyo_daikun said:
Heard you have to do the opposite of what the trophy says, shoot the water and disturb it?
Remember doing this the first time. I got so scared, I almost frikkin' cried.

Curufinwe

JumpingTheGun said:

They seem a little tougher than I remember from the GC version; maybe it's just the difference in the left sticks on the GC pad and 360 pad. I wish the handgun the Merchant gives you wasn't quite so wobbly; it's tough having to use that after using the super stable Red 9 with stock as my handgun in the actual game.

Psi

Curufinwe said:
They seem a little tougher than I remember from the GC version; maybe it's just the difference in the left sticks on the GC pad and 360 pad. I wish the handgun the Merchant gives you wasn't quite so wobbly; it's tough having to use that after using the super stable Red 9 with stock as my handgun in the actual game.

I actually find it easier with the TMP. Don't always go for headshots to make sure you never miss a target and just spam off a few rounds to hit the Salazar head and it's pretty easy to get a high enough score. I'm on the PS3 though so I'm using a different controller.

That is true. The Red9 would be great for those sequences. It might be tougher since Ive been so accustomed to playing the Wii version lately with the better precision and accuracy

Has anyone here ever finished the game with a 100% accuracy rating? I always go for an average of at least 85%, but I always score in the low 90's. I practically make a mini game out of the accuracy scoring itself =D

def sim

I kicked Bitores Mendez' ass and I'm really loving this playthrough so far. I'm rocking the Red9 and chose to upgrade the starter shotgun rather than wait for the Striker, to mix things up. I don't want to bother with an automatic weapon, I never liked using them in survival horror games.

Everything is running smooth, it looks great on my 46" HDTV, and it has aged well enough. The lack of EMBM shows on certain spots since it makes certain shiny enemies have a bit of a sterile look, but the clearer picture makes up for it. This port is fine, the hyperbole stemming from the eurogamer review is ridiculous.

Beat it, it's still the best game ever. Got to be the most stacked action/adventure campaign ever. I'm expecting Uncharted 3 to be my game of the year, and it will have a meaty campaign, but it will still be dwarfed by this.

Yoshichan

revolverjgw said:
Beat it, it's still the best game ever. Got to be the most stacked action/adventure campaign ever. I'm expecting Uncharted 3 to be my game of the year, and it will have a meaty campaign, but it will still be dwarfed by this.
My hype is reaching its limit... 70%!

Zel3

JumpingTheGun said:
I thought the CT was obtained from playing Mercenaries(?)
The handcannon is unlocked from beating mercenaries and the chicago typewriter is unlocked from beating assignment ada. at least that's how it was in the gamecube version.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Hmm just bought Resident Evil 4, noticed I started on a wrong account, so I have to start over already... >.> oh well I was not that far anyhow.

But on my small playthrough I noticed a couple of things that bothered me some.

- Why isn't there a platinium Trophy and more Trophies? I though about every HD remake on PSN had a platinium Trophy. Now the Trophies are actually quite lame. Missed chance and I don't really understand why.
- The RE controls never really where awesome, but why in the name of god is moving around obligated to use with the left stick. It feels so weird and is actually very difficult to use. This is the very first game in my live that does this >.<
- Subtitles during cutscenes would have been really nice.

Game looks very good in HD, I never played Resident Evil 4 on PS2/Wii/PC, but it looks defenitely really good.

D-pad is amazing on the 360. No dead zone or acceleration! The shitty dpad actually feels very nice-- you can mash around and stop on a dime pretty easily. I also used the raised pad and that is a bit more precise.

Just got the ballistics, this game is still great. Gears will have to wait.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Phonomezer said:
Would I be missing out on anything if I restarted the game on Easy?

You'd be missing out on the excellent difficulty curve (minus the village clusterfuck in the beginning). What part are you having trouble with?

Curufinwe said:

The bottle caps are a hell of a lot easier than you think. I just got the achievement and except for the last rare bottle cap I had no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you get the rare bottle cap at the first section of each stage as the second section is far more difficult than the first.

Despite my personal, fanboyish issues with how much it deviated from the established story, RE4 is seriously one of the best games ever made. I just wish they would have did something about some of these textures, and the water is noticeably worse than the Gamecube version.

Dreamer RD

"Platinumed" re4 lol
What about easy mode? Thought it was in ps2 version. Cant find here. Wanted to enjoy the game after professional.

Mr_Zombie

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
They cut out some of the more difficult parts actually.
edit: Don't remember which ones though, google it! :p

One of the parts that I remember that was missing in easy mode is the garden labyrinth.

I havent even finished my first run yet and I can still say it's the best game I've played since it's original release =D

To me, nothing has come close.

Dreamer RD

hey_it's_that_dog said:
New Game+ on Normal is easy mode. ;)

Seriously? Overwrited normal+ file already :\

I havent even finished my first run yet and I can still say it's the best game I've played since it's original release =D

To me, nothing has come close.

I agree. RE5 looks like worthless clone compared to it. Only mercs in RE5 > mercs in RE4 though.

Fry

Is Code Veronica price confirmed yet? Same as RE4? (1600 MS points)

ops, it's in the op. Oh well, same price. Going to have to make the effort though, CV is brilliant also.

Nemesis_

Fry8 said:
Is Code Veronica price confirmed yet? Same as RE4? (1600 MS points)

ops, it's in the op. Oh well, same price. Going to have to make the effort though, CV is brilliant also.

I would definitely assume so. The press release mentioned they were both the same price.

Code Veronica definitely has had more work put into it though, so I have less qualms about paying the price.

Got 1000/1000 for RE4 yesterday. Feels good man. CV:X looks much harder though.

Kingsora said:
Hmm just bought Resident Evil 4, noticed I started on a wrong account, so I have to start over already... >.> oh well I was not that far anyhow.

But on my small playthrough I noticed a couple of things that bothered me some.

- Why isn't there a platinium Trophy and more Trophies? I though about every HD remake on PSN had a platinium Trophy. Now the Trophies are actually quite lame. Missed chance and I don't really understand why.
- The RE controls never really where awesome, but why in the name of god is moving around obligated to use with the left stick. It feels so weird and is actually very difficult to use. This is the very first game in my live that does this >.<
- Subtitles during cutscenes would have been really nice.

Game looks very good in HD, I never played Resident Evil 4 on PS2/Wii/PC, but it looks defenitely really good.

Is this post for real?

Played some more tonight, I think i've compromised a little on my view that "PC version > this port". When I look around the enviornment I still yearn for my 1080p, 8xAA, 16xAF and better textures, but the lighting, especially when it's raining, is hands down better in this port. Polygonal differences are near imperceptible to me and both are missing effects like bump mapping. I still have to give the nod to it on PC, but i'm appreciating this a bit more now. I've also finally gotten used to square = shoot. Only took 3 hours..

TheHakku

The Mana Legend said:
Is this post for real?
Of course. People these days are spoiled with modern dual-analog controls, (strafing mapped to left stick, turning with right stick). And subtitles (at least an option). I even thought this game had them since last time I played it.

Dreamer RD said:
Seriously? Overwrited normal+ file already :\
Of course! By the end of the game you'll have even better weapons than you start out with. :)

Dreamer RD

Haha. Ganados speech is awesome. Majinis are not even close.

Don Jose FTW

TheHakku said:
Of course! By the end of the game you'll have even better weapons than you start out with. :)
It's obvious lol. I mean, is normal game + has easier difficulty? On ps2 there was option from the start.

I can't wait until Salazar appears. Holy shit. He and Leon's bickering is priceless. I love how Salazar gets so pissed at Leon's quips that it makes him rage-quit the transmission.

Top Bottom