• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Curufinwe said:
I can't say I noticed the ganados in Separate Ways being any more aggressive.
They were to me. They'd get up as soon as they hit the floor and would swarm me and attack me like crazy. I had never played it before, so I was just asking if it was originally like that.

Can i do my professional run with my cleared game items? I beat it last night and planning to start that run through.

Also, i beat separate ways and unlcoked all the weapons. Which one of the news ones are worth investing in?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gamer @ Heart said:
Can i do my professional run with my cleared game items? I beat it last night and planning to start that run through.
Nope!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
burgerdog said:
The bottlecap mini game is seriously making me miss the easier(not better, to me) wii controls.
All targets and 3000+ points each run, first tries on DS3 :p

Rewrite said:
They were to me. They'd get up as soon as they hit the floor and would swarm me and attack me like crazy. I had never played it before, so I was just asking if it was originally like that.

I didnt notice the the get up speed, but i would definetly say they where tougher. The swarm faster, take more hits, and do more damage.

I was surprised by the difficulty at first.

RedSwirl

I swear, those mace guys man. If I have any less than like 80 percent health left one mace strike kills me instantly. And they're so hard to dodge too! Does damage scale to my max health on pro or something?!

Yoshichan

Gamer @ Heart said:
Ugh. This is painful to hear.

What has changed game play wise? Do enemies drop money or items differently?
This might be all mentally but I had much more money on normal than pro (and I'm not buying/upgrading stuff). And yes, enemy behavior is changed DRASTICALLY! They're not extremely aggressive, when they're anywhere near their range of weapon, they WILL attack you. They'll pretty much never stay still or be inactive whatsoever.

Also, QTEs require more button mashing. MUCH more.

Yoshichan

RedSwirl said:
Is it just me or do they sell you the tactical vest later on pro mode?
5-1 iirc?

Yoshichan

Yeah, I'd like to know this too?

I just finished the game for the sixth time. So good. And i've already started 1) a pro run, 2) a new game+ run to harvest ptas for an infinite launcher, and 3) all the extras like Mercs and Ada's shit. That's a real testament to the quality of this game if i'm already raring for more.

Little things I liked - the fast loading between areas in this port. I don't know if it's because it's loading from an HDD, but I appreciate it either way. I also appreciated Ashley calling me a pervert three times throughout the game when I got knocked down right next to her.

RedSwirl

Crap I just realized I gotta beat Separate Ways to get the typewriter in this version instead of Assignment Ada. Honestly I didn't like Separate Ways that much. Still, Assignment Ada get's you the typewriter in Separate Ways if I can just save up for it. How hard is it to get 300k in Separate Ways?

Yoshichan

I NEED SCISSORS said:
. I also appreciated Ashley calling me a pervert three times throughout the game when I got knocked down right next to her.
I never got her to say it on PS3 :(

Yoshichan said:
I never got her to say it on PS3 :(

You can make her say it by looking up her skirt whenever you need to catch her.

I just thought my case was funny since she kept calling me it even while I was trying to save her ass.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I NEED SCISSORS said:

I just thought my case was funny since she kept calling me it even while I was trying to save her ass.

I had her yell at me twice in a row with two suplexes. :p

Yoshichan

ULTROS! said:
Is CVX always this dark (I mean, light-wise)?
No it's definitely slightly blurrier/darker than it used to be. Then again, I've only beaten it like 50 times... my mind might be playing tricks on me :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I NEED SCISSORS said:

I got her to say that to me when I climbed up the big tower in the village and dropped down. I was like, "the fuck?" :lol

Risible

Whoever was asking about the boulder sequence in Pro mode - I just did the two boulder runs in my Pro playthrough, and I noticed no difference between the Pro and Normal QTE events.

Yoshichan

Risible said:
Whoever was asking about the boulder sequence in Pro mode - I just did the two boulder runs in my Pro playthrough, and I noticed no difference between the Pro and Normal QTE events.
That was me. No frikkin' way man, you're simply mashing square way more than me to notice a difference then. Because normal boulder was a joke but on professional I died 7 times. And ONLY because I didn't mash fast enough - it had nothing to do with the actual dodging in the last phase.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ULTROS! said:
Is CVX always this dark (I mean, light-wise)?
Nope. This version is, in fact, extremely dark - not as dark as in that video though. :p

I've finished it though, and the darkness becomes less of a 'thing' later on. It's really only the first few areas that seem altogether too murky. There's a good bit of variety as you progress.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yoshichan said:
That was me. No frikkin' way man, you're simply mashing square way more than me to notice a difference then. Because normal boulder was a joke but on professional I died 7 times. And ONLY because I didn't mash fast enough - it had nothing to do with the actual dodging in the last phase.
Guess you're the only one because I also didn't notice any difference.

Yoshichan

Wtf guys, I'm not crazy. I seriously want to record this shit (but I'll have to replay to that part... UGH).

PS3 version, digital...

Hahaha, so I finished my pro playthrough (okay, not really, I just have to beat Saddler, but that's easy shit I'll do tomorrow)...

...And am I the only one that, when replaying the game for the first time in years, was expecting stuff to happen that ended up not happening? For some reason, I kept on expecting the conveyor belt from RE5 to show up (among a few other things), and half of the shit in Separate Ways I expected to happen in the main game.

Yoshichan

The Mana Legend said:
There was no difference.
I swear to God, if I read this one more time, I'm OFFICIALLY going to make a video about it. And it's gonna be a pain in the ass going through the starting areas in Professional again. But it'll be worth it to prove that I'm not fucking around. Beaten the game like 9 total times, never ever died on it. But THIS TIME, on PROFESSIONAL, ALL OF A SUDDEN, I die 7 times in a row!

Sorry, this is no coincidence. This isn't my hand being tired that exact moment.

Yoshichan said:
I swear to God, if I read this one more time, I'm OFFICIALLY going to make a video about it. And it's gonna be a pain in the ass going through the starting areas in Professional again.

There was no difference
hfzNt.png

Yoshichan

Rewrite said:
No difference. Sorry, man. :)
It doesn't count if you've already since it once!
The Xtortionist said:
There was no difference
hfzNt.png
Straight up trollin' me :(

Yoshichan said:
I swear to God, if I read this one more time, I'm OFFICIALLY going to make a video about it. And it's gonna be a pain in the ass going through the starting areas in Professional again. But it'll be worth it to prove that I'm not fucking around. Beaten the game like 9 total times, never ever died on it. But THIS TIME, on PROFESSIONAL, ALL OF A SUDDEN, I die 7 times in a row!

Sorry, this is no coincidence. This isn't my hand being tired that exact moment.

Dude, the controller slipped out of my hand on the second boulder part, and I still passed it.

Yoshichan

More people with the same problem:

l3gIS.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got past the boulders on pro with no problems at all.

You just need to be aware on what buttons you should press (square for running, then it's either square + X or L1 + R1). :p

Edit: Also it helps if you press square very very fast.

Yoshichan

You're all plotting this against me, I just know it. As soon as I post a comparison between the two, you'll all be like "Bwahaha, fooled you good! Did you enjoy wasting 1 ½ hours of your life?".

Oh well, not happening today. Maybe tomorrow.
Rewrite said:
Don't you realize it? It's him! Ha!
That's LOW man, LOW. I would never post on any other place.

Yoshichan

ULTROS! said:
Edit: Also it helps if you press square very very fast.
DUDE. I was one of the few that could reach 255 boost with Shiva summon in FFVIII. That's how blazing fast I was.

Yoshichan

The Mana Legend said:
Shiva is a GF, not a summon, don't you know anything? Jeez.
I'm about to kill something or someone right this instance. I'm literally sweating my ass of here, proving something and being the minority sucks ass... fuck this, I need to take a breather.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Try asking someone to press the L1 and R1 buttons for you while you do the square button mashing. :p

Top Bottom