• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

cvxfreak

plagiarize said:
er, no, that isn't clunky. that's to stop cheat reloads :p they purposefully took that out.

If I recall correctly, the Biohazard 4 GC demo from 2004 allowed reloads from within the item screen.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Uhhhh

One of the "cutscenes" I just saw in the PS3 version of RE4 was prerendered (very obviously).. It was the bridge turning after you
shoot those boards in the gears inside the tower and pull the lever

Weird.

So the PS3 port of CVX is bad?

Urge to buy for new lightning and trophies. I'll skip 4 this time since I completed it allready on GC, PC and Wii >_<.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Napalm_Frank said:

Urge to buy for new lightning and trophies. I'll skip 4 this time since I completed it allready on GC, PC and Wii >_<.

Not really. It doesn't look nice (because it looks like a PS1.5 game), but the added changes make it look better.

TheHakku

Napalm_Frank said:
uvu4i.gif

Uhwha? Works great for me. I didn't even experience the intro FMV slowdown people were talking about. :/ Going to have to start over, though. Forgot about some stuff in this game.

Curufinwe

SuperSonic1305 said:
I forgot how clunky and frustrating RE4 can be sometimes. No reloading in the inventory screen is a huge fail.

It's not a "fail", it's a deliberate design choice to prevent gamers being able to instantly reload every weapon in the game.

Finished Separate Ways tonight, so now I just have Pro mode left to do. But I can't quite decide which Special costume to go with. I had one really funny moment in SW near the end of Chapter 2. When all the ganados jump down from the bridge I managed to hit 5 of them with the same incendiary grenade, and then kill of them at once with one knife attack. So all of 5 of them did the dying-on-the-ground death animation at exactly the same time.

Sblargh

Banned
I think I'll grab a cheap used copy of RE5 and do a marathon. (playing RE5 for the first time in the end).
So, a quick tip, please, people keep complaining about the AI partner on RE5 and some people said "just give her the right items". What do I not give her? I imagine she doesn't handle healing items well; what else? Any weapon I don't use?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That pony stuff is so dumb to me that I don't even know why it was posted in the first place. It doesn't even resemble Leon in any way. but but the hair! No offense to you, B-Dex.

Anyway, I played a little bit of Code Veronica back in the day...but I don't know if I'd enjoy it if I bought it. I don't mind the old control scheme, but I don't know if it's worth it. Don't want to feel burned out of $10 you know?

Sblargh said:
I think I'll grab a cheap used copy of RE5 and do a marathon. (playing RE5 for the first time in the end).
So, a quick tip, please, people keep complaining about the AI partner on RE5 and some people said "just give her the right items". What do I not give her? I imagine she doesn't handle healing items well; what else? Any weapon I don't use?
She's only a problem when you're playing Professional, IMO. She is an OK AI partner if you're playing the game on Amateur/Normal/Veteran, so you shouldn't worry about anything. She's a beast with a machine gun and sniper because of her deadly accuracy. She'll get headshots like crazy. In regards to the healing items, I never had any issues with her using first aid sprays/herbs because she'd use them when I really needed them.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Oh god no, please keep ponies out of this thread!

Aigis said:
Uhhhh

One of the "cutscenes" I just saw in the PS3 version of RE4 was prerendered (very obviously).. It was the bridge turning after you
shoot those boards in the gears inside the tower and pull the lever

Weird.
That one was always prerecorded. :p

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Please don't quote the ponies.

Napalm_Frank said:

Where did this come from? Who says it's bad? Just a little stuttering in the fmv. :p

IMO it's the best version of CV out there. Looks fantastic and loading is snappy. I'm only keeping my original DC version around because I don't like the extended ending.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
CVX is haaaaaard (can't find any healing supplies, only found 3 and I'm in the palace now). :(

But still, REmake is harder.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ULTROS! said:
CVX is haaaaaard (can't find any healing supplies, only found 3 and I'm in the palace now). :(

But still, REmake is harder.
It's pretty hard to start with. Use the knife and aim low. Once they're on the ground they're free kills. Alternatively shoot them until they fall, then finish with the knife to save ammo.
There are plenty of herbs in the beginning leading up to the palace, you just have to scour every corner for them. The fact that the HD version is so dark makes them harder to see.

Remember to not neglect the crossbow just because it's weak. There is A LOT of ammo for it and it's good for clearing out rooms early on. Don't waste the exploding arrows though! Save them for bosses. Use grenades or the M-100Ps on Bandersnatches.

Also, whatever you do, do not forget the fire extinguisher. Put it in a proper item box! :)

Dreamer RD

Again, that fucking ink ribbon save system. Is there at least some interesting bonuses after game clear, like inf ammo or mercenaries? Looks like worst "oldschool" RE so far (havent played original)

ULTROS!

fuck you steve. seriously, you're one the worst character in the RE series.

I was super bummed that the special costumes dont work in cut scenes in RE4. For some reason, i misread the previous discussion on that and assumed they would.

cvxfreak

Gamer @ Heart said:
I was super bummed that the special costumes dont work in cut scenes in RE4. For some reason, i misread the previous discussion on that and assumed they would.

The funny thing is, it's totally doable for Capcom/Happy Happening to have made that change. I mean, didn't they have to record the cutscenes from in-game footage originally anyway? How hard could it be to make that adjustment?

def sim

Gamer @ Heart said:

The first special costume works in cut scenes since it was in the original Gamecube version, I'm assuming. The gangster suit doesn't because goddamn Capcom is lazy. :/

Anyway, I'm in my pro run and I'm doing really well with ammo conservation. 150+ handgun bullets, about 30 shotgun shells, a bunch of grenades, 6 healing items, and I just met the store guy. Great start!

rance said:
The first special costume works in cut scenes since it was in the original Gamecube version, I'm assuming. The gangster suit doesn't because goddamn Capcom is lazy. :/

Anyway, I'm in my pro run and I'm doing really well with ammo conservation. 150+ handgun bullets, about 30 shotgun shells, a bunch of grenades, 6 healing items, and I just met the store guy. Great start!
The hat and scarf needed some adjustments to get it to work, but it wouldn't have been too hard for them to get right (1, 2, 3). Never understood why they didn't take the time to do it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sblargh said:
Steve is the only RE character that is so bad he is bad.
This is the most appropriate summation of a character possible.

Man I have a bad feeling about me and CVX. I remember years ago having to quit mid-game because I ran out of ammo or something, and right now I'm off to a bad start. I'm getting bitten a lot.

Nemesis_

The game is really dark for me, like, REALLY dark. Any ideas? I don't even think I can adjust the brightness of my TV >_> and even then I don't want to do it every time I boot up CV:X

Also did they fucking NERF THE KNIFE or is my technique just off?

zerotol

Banned
Finished my RE4 pro run tonight. I got destroyed many times on the run up to the actual Krauser fight. When he keeps rushing you with QTE's and i was half dead anyway. When I finally got to battle him for real I ended him quickly with the knife. I also had a hell of a time with the flying bugs. They were just brutal and I don't remember them being that hard on the gamecube version.

ULTROS!

CVX:

I just got the
Ant King Object
, man this game is crazy when it comes to zombie mobs (for an RE game).

snap0212

Trying to find all the Files/Notes in Resident Evil 4 is kind of a torture. Seems like I'm only missing two of the Village Files but I just can't find them. There are no guides on the internet either. I'm still looking for these two:

Sera and the third party
Village's Last Defence

Does anyone have a guide for this game or knows where I can find them? :(

TheHakku

Backfoggen said:
And just how long is RE4, man! I'm close to 20 hrs and just now feel like it's coming to an end.
I totally forgot how long this game was. I think it took me a little over that long to beat it this time. Though the path is generally pretty linear, I always do a lot of exploring to find valuable items.

I could've sworn there was a fight that I missed in a room before leaving the
laboratory
. Maybe that was in Separate Ways....

cvxfreak said:
If I recall correctly, the Biohazard 4 GC demo from 2004 allowed reloads from within the item screen.

Yes. I like the idea of having to re-load in real time during combat, but I have to admit it would be nice, after a fight, to be able to re-load all your guns from the briefcase.

That demo also has the knife as an inventory item. So glad they had the genius idea to put it on the trigger.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
lol, I didn't die once in the village in my Professional run, but I'm in the Castle now (rescued Ashley) and god damn, I've died so many times here. :lol

In the maze where the dogs appear, I had red health and no more healing items so my heart was pumping every time I heard them come...I'm like, "PLEASE DON'T BITE ME".

ULTROS!

I really liked the Private Residence in CVX, although it doesn't seem to RE-ish
doll decorated torture place... seems like a psychological-horror scene actually
, nevertheless it's creepy and cool.

Also CVX has a fantastic OST. This in particular is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZF6fGiYg8

I like the way Assignment Ada teases you at the end by saying you can get the Chicago Typewriter by finishing Separate Ways. I'm not sure why I wasted my time with AA.

Andrefpvs

I'm right beside the
mutant bug hive
in RE4 right now. As I understand, you get gems and eyes and other treasure if you shoot it. What's the best way to maximize my rewards?

Curufinwe

Gamer @ Heart said:

Special 1 works. Special 2 doesn't, and it doesn't work on the Wii version, either.

Top Bottom