• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Phonomezer said:
Do you mean those pre-paid credit card thingies?

If so, yes! My work gave me two $250 ones last month for being awesome :)

...went straight to xbox.com, LOL.
Dang, I have done something wrong. Does the registration info of the gift card have to match your XBox Live info?

Shogmaster said:
Dang, I have done something wrong. Does the registration info of the gift card have to match your XBox Live info?

I don't know the specifics, I guess you could put any address (I put my real one), but the name has to match the cards(In my case, the cards were under the name "OFFICE1". lol)

Dreamer RD

Stuck after
Steve killing his father
scene. What to do next? Walkthrough faq says there are 2 eagle emblems, but already used one at prison area and cant find another.

Dreamer RD said:
Stuck after
Steve killing his father
scene. What to do next? Walkthrough faq says there are 2 eagle emblems, but already used one at prison area and cant find another.
back to mansion, unlock the door in the very 1st save room in the game with the 0% gold guns

Curufinwe

luka said:
Incendiary grenades on his first form if you have it + explosive barrel. TMP his second form, also aim at the tentacles holding him up to knock him down so you can grenade him.

On my Pro run I killed his first form with a couple of grenades and the TMP, and then killed his second form with the rocket launcher. And I got to the start of the Castle and still had plenty of money to buy the Blacktail, the SAR, and do a bunch of upgrades.

No deaths so far.

BeautifulMemory said:
What makes them worse for me is their scream right before the decapitation. Wish I can taze them

They must have cut my head off hundreds of times considering how many times I played the Village level in Mercenaries.

Eurocult

JbZPl.jpg

Feels good

BeautifulMemory said:
Relatively spaeaking, the treasure isn't worth much. But the enemy is very easy to dodge. I just went back and forth through the exit to pick up the treasure
and don't forget...

there are three boulders you can drop on him to stun him to make it even easier.

i usually just kill him though.

Cruzader

Banned
Oh man, I had to use the first aid kit spray. Is that like older RE games where if used, it would drop a rating rank down automatically when you beat the game? Hope I didn't screw myself over.

Cruzader said:
Oh man, I had to use the first aid kit spray. Is that like older RE games where if used, it would drop a rating rank down automatically when you beat the game? Hope I didn't screw myself over.

If you're talking about 4, no, it doesn't hurt you in that game. I have no idea about Code Veronica, though.

bengraven

I didn't realize these were going to be on GOD so fast. I was looking for RDR to download today and saw Resident Evil: CV and was surprised.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Cruzader said:

For CVX, I believe yes.

def sim

The water room on Pro is so good. So many times where I thought I fucked up only to think "fuck it", charge in, and come out great. I could have cheesed it but I already did that in the village and felt like I needed to do some killing.

I spent so much rifle ammo and received a little over 25 shotgun ammo back from the corpses. I'm surprised at how well that turned out. Two healing items left too.

Varna

I know I'm in the minority but I really like the softer look and grain like filter of RE:CV HD. Nothing short of a complete remake could save those texture from looking like shit on a higher resolution display. The softer look makes them look like the old pre-rendered backgrounds and the new lighting gives them that "REmake" look.

Cruzader said:
yes, you just did.
dont ever ever touch that evil spray!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Varna said:
I know I'm in the minority but I really like the softer look and grain like filter of RE:CV HD. Nothing short of a complete remake could save those texture from looking like shit on a higher resolution display. The softer look makes them look like the old pre-rendered backgrounds and the new lighting gives them that "REmake" look.
I said the same thing a few days ago. CV has not aged as well as other games and the extreme darkness and heavy contrast only improve things. If your TV is properly calibrated for your viewing conditions it's still perfectly playable. It was dark but I never had trouble picking out items or enemies. It's soft, grainy, and saturated, but in my eyes that makes it look better, like an old horror film on cheap technicolor stock. ;)

Nori Chan

Downloading it now guys.

Haven't played it since wii version. Damn, I'm gonna be rusty. Is there a point in collecting every treasure? Or is it just to make it rain on ashley?

Noriega said:
Downloading it now guys.

Haven't played it since wii version. Damn, I'm gonna be rusty. Is there a point in collecting every treasure? Or is it just to make it rain on ashley?

Way more fun and flexible if you collect treasure. Get the map, they will be easy to find

Nori Chan

BeautifulMemory said:
Way more fun and flexible if you collect treasure. Get the map, they will be easy to find
I don't remember a map in the wii version?

Did they add that? What else did they add? Or is it just the hd ness lol

oh man i have to aim with the left control stick? damn 360 fps messing me up

Going both routes really drained my ammo. So much so, that after 8 failed attempts to kill the village chief, i said fuck it and bought a rocket launcher. Its good knowing i have an out if things get crazy like that again.

Also, this pro run is making me appreciate the TMp which i have ignored almost every play through. I only wish i could use the Typewriter in my first pro run. Leons gangster outfit demands that weapon.

Also Also, Who ever mentioned using Ashley in the armor as bait for enemies, god bless you. Work like a charm in the first crank room.

Noriega said:
I don't remember a map in the wii version?

Did they add that? What else did they add? Or is it just the hd ness lol

oh man i have to aim with the left control stick? damn 360 fps messing me up

I never played the wii version, but GC and PS2 had treasure map for I think every level. That way you don't miss any treasures. The map pretty much pinpoints the treasure.

Otherwise the content is the same, since the Wii version added what was new to the PS2 version

Bollocks

Is RE CVX worth it?
As in, there is no way it's gonna be released on disk in the west?
Thanks to Plus I played through RE1 yesterday, despite tank controls it was cool, I would love me some more classic RE.
I played through CVX on the PS2 but nowadays the storyline is gone and it will be just as fresh but don't know if I should bite or not.

Bollocks said:
Is RE CVX worth it?
As in, there is no way it's gonna be released on disk in the west?
Thanks to Plus I played through RE1 yesterday, despite tank controls it was cool, I would love me some more classic RE.
I played through CVX on the PS2 but nowadays the storyline is gone and it will be just as fresh but don't know if I should bite or not.

Never say never. But, it's Capcom, I really doubt they will put it on the disk. The port is half ass, i see no reason for them to go extra mile at this point

Bollocks

BeautifulMemory said:
Never say never. But, it's Capcom, I really doubt they will put it on the disk. The port is half ass, i see no reason for them to go extra mile at this point
Hah my thought was because it's Capcom they are least likely to hold their word.
As far as I know the disc release is literally just the PSN release put on disk, good thing is this quarter is packed with slammers so RE can wait.
If it's not up by January then I will reconsider, I hope by then RE2/3 will be available in the EU store as well, timeless gems

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Actually, I don't have any qualms about CVX's trophies because there's a lot less stuff to do as compared to RE4. Plus the port is great with the new added effects and all.

The only downside is that cutscenes are in SD resolution (just stretched and cropped), some of it stutter, and there are slight stutters when playing the game (though it's not too obvious).

Otherwise, I like this port more than RE4, of course both are great games.

luka said:

I spoiled myself too much already. :(

Anyway, I'm at Chris' part.

AiTM

Banned
First time playing RE4, and its amazing so far. I am up to the lake. Sometimes I have an oh shit moment when it seems to throw endless guys at me and m left wondering if I can even handle it.

Makes me miss game design from 2005, now days they are way too worried about the game being playable for everyone. If it were made today would probably have Near unlimited ammo lying around, a glowing trail on the ground, and recharging health. :/

Still tho, I'm glad I waited until now to play it in HD, looks great at parts.

StuBurns

Banned
AiTM said:
Makes me miss game design from 2005, now days they are way too worried about the game being playable for everyone. If it were made today would probably have Near unlimited ammo lying around, a glowing trail on the ground, and recharging health. :/
That's just because of it's survival horror DNA, RE5 does those things too, it's a lot more recent.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, the room with the 2 Garradors in my Pro run was intense. I didn't have any healing items and I was in yellow health (after using the green herb) the whole time. Thankfully one of the enemies drops a first aid spray so that saved me. I had to use my Broken Butterfly to kill the armored one.

Also, is it just me or do you hardly get any rifle ammo? I swear...hardly any enemies drop it and the vases or barrels almost never drop some for me. Right now, I'm at the giant statue part, but I did manage to get some rifle ammo in the mines of all places. Currently have 20 rifle ammo.

The Striker is so goooooooooood. The TMP has also helped me out tremendously. I will never doubt it's awesomeness ever again. What a fool I was. TMP is godly.

AiTM said:

RE4 has dynamic difficulty on Normal and will continually get easier each time you die. So in a way, everyone CAN play it...if they're tenacious enough.

Rewrite said:
Thankfully one of the enemies drops a first aid spray so that saved me.

Mikami knew.

All hail based Mikami.

AiTM

Banned
StuBurns said:
That's just because of it's survival horror DNA, RE5 does those things too, it's a lot more recent.

I played RE 5, and while I enjoyed it, it's not RE 4. Nowhere in that game did I feel as overwhelmed as i have in RE4. I feel like playing RE 4 that they made the game they wanted to make, while not caring whether everyone could make it through it. Whereas RE5 felt play tested into playability for any player. Again, I'm only 2 hours in, so maybe it changes, but it feels like it will only become more apparent as I play it.

Rewrite said:
The Striker is so goooooooooood. The TMP has also helped me out tremendously. I will never doubt it's awesomeness ever again. What a fool I was. TMP is godly.
The final upgrade for the Striker is probably the greatest of all time

The TMP sucks man, it SUCKS! >=(

ULTROS!

ShockingAlberto said:
You missed your golden opportunity here. Let me fix that for you.

I don't get it. :(

The Xtortionist said:
IDK mang, putting the Red9 and BAR at 6.5 and 50 power, respectively, is pretty awesome.
But 100 round clip, man. You barely need any other weapons at that point. The Broken Butterfly is pretty nice for the bosses though at that level, I'll give it that.

Top Bottom