• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Prime Blue said:
Xbox 360 version has better lighting for C:V. RE4 seems to be pretty much the same on both consoles.

I heard there's a lot more slowdown on the PS3 version. I never encountered any slowdown (besides a couple of really random times when walking without enemies around) on the 360 version.

Andrefpvs said:
I'm right beside the
mutant bug hive
in RE4 right now. As I understand, you get gems and eyes and other treasure if you shoot it. What's the best way to maximize my rewards?
You get red, green, and blue eyes when you shoot it, I've never gotten anything else. You can combine a red, green, and blue eye with a treasure item (2x). Other than that, you can just sell any eyes you get.

Risible

The QTE with the Gigante on Pro was giving me problems...I'm old and my reflexes suck now. I always assumed you had to slash the plagas on his back to kill him.

After numerous failed attempts I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can just shoot the plagas instead?"

Three rifle shots to the plagas later the Gigante was lying dead and I was like "Holy fuck how did I not know that?!"

It was even easier with the second Gigante (when you take the right path where it splits)...Ashley was wearing her suit of armor, and the Gigante spent the whole time trying to squish her while I just plugged away happily at him. I was laughing the whole time.

Tons of playthroughs later and this game is still giving me joy. Oh Resident Evil 4, I <3 you.

New lighting engine is now Ashford-approved!

xDmE7.gif

Risible said:
The QTE with the Gigante on Pro was giving me problems...I'm old and my reflexes suck now. I always assumed you had to slash the plagas on his back to kill him.

After numerous failed attempts I was like "Hmmm, I wonder if I can just shoot the plagas instead?"

Three rifle shots to the plagas later the Gigante was lying dead and I was like "Holy fuck how did I not know that?!"

It was even easier with the second Gigante (when you take the right path where it splits)...Ashley was wearing her suit of armor, and the Gigante spent the whole time trying to squish her while I just plugged away happily at him. I was laughing the whole time.

Tons of playthroughs later and this game is still giving me joy. Oh Resident Evil 4, I <3 you.
what suit of armor??

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Thanks Prime Blue, added it to the OP.

I'm halfway through the game and I must say: 4 > 2 > CVX > the rest (not including REmake). I like this batshit of a wtf awesome zombie game
I'd definitely say: lol Steve and his attempts to make-out/have sex with Claire

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How do you get the "From The Young Lady" trophy?

Risible

Crewnh said:
Her second alternate costume. It's a suit of armor that makes her invincible. Also makes Ganados collapse if they try to pick her up due to the sheer weight.

It never fails to crack me up when they do that.

Leon being driven to his knees and clutching his back after catching her is also a nice touch.

Risible

The Lamonster said:
what suit of armor??

Lamonster, you have to complete Separate Ways, available after you defeat the game on Normal mode. That unlocks Leon's "gangster" outfit and Ashley's suit of armor

It's great because now you can use Ashley as bait. "Ashley, wait here!" "Ok, Leon!" She gets swarmed by enemies trying to kill her while Leon stands back and picks them off :)

KageMaru

Downloaded CVX yesterday, played through it 10x or more on the DC but I still love it. There were some horriblly compressed scenes in the opening cut-scene, but the rest is great.

Not sure what everyone is talking about it being too dark, the game looks fine to me. Expected a bunch of crushing blacks, but I can see fine without the lighting.

Sullichin

Risible said:
It never fails to crack me up when they do that.

Leon being driven to his knees and clutching his back after catching her is also a nice touch.

Whatt I never noticed that with Leon. Game keeps on giving

Guess I never noticed that because the suit of armor isn't in the GCN version? :p

Risible said:
Lamonster, you have to complete Separate Ways, available after you defeat the game on Normal mode. That unlocks Leon's "gangster" outfit and Ashley's suit of armor

It's great because now you can use Ashley as bait. "Ashley, wait here!" "Ok, Leon!" She gets swarmed by enemies trying to kill her while Leon stands back and picks them off :)
my god. That sounds awesome. I've only played the Gamecube version with Assignment Ada and Mercenaries. I cannot wait to check it out!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I suppose a patch to fix trophies(PS3) & give Leon his flashlight back & some bumpmaps is out of the question?
thou I read on capcomunity that updating features, like textures & adding move support is impossible & would require remaking the game which would increase the price, yet they charged £15.99 for a almost decade year old port with things missing, it's not even GC RE4 in HD, it's GC RE4 with missing assets in HD :lol
capcom are really full of it ain't they, still great game Shinji !

Risette

A Good Citizen
TGO said:
I suppose a patch to fix trophies(PS3) & give Leon his flashlight back & some bumpmaps is out of the question?
thou I read on capcomunity that updating features, like textures & adding move support is impossible & would require remaking the game which would increase the price, yet they charged £15.99 for a almost decade year old port with things missing, it's not even GC RE4 in HD, it's GC RE4 with missing assets in HD :lol
Thing missing. Singular.

Where is Leon's light source coming from in RE4? :p

I'm up to
the Village Chief. I keep dying! D: I'm giving up and looking how to beat him on youtube, lol

Going a bit too slowly I think.

Phonomezer said:

I'm up to
the Village Chief. I keep dying! D: I'm giving up and looking how to beat him on youtube, lol

He has a flashlight on his belt. I had to do a double-take as well when I saw that weird light source on my character the first time. I never noticed on the GCN.

For the chief just shoot him from the second floor of that building.

Risible said:

Something tells me I should have waited to get this suit before starting a pro run...

bah, i'm enjoying it regardless. It's taken me about 2 hours to get up to 1-3 due to how many times i've died. You really have to play carefully, but shit is so intense that it practically gives the game a new lease of life (not that it needed it).

The Lamonster said:
He has a flashlight on his belt. I had to do a double-take as well when I saw that weird light source on my character the first time. I never noticed on the GCN.

For the chief just shoot him from the second floor of that building.

Oooh I'll have to have a look. I thought it was strange that he was lighting up corners of rooms I was running through, lol.

I will try your way.
I wasted all my grenades on that big thing and the Bella Sisters :mad:

Risette

A Good Citizen
Phonomezer said:

I'm up to

Use the TMP if you have it

luka

Loves Robotech S1
TGO said:
What? The flashlight is there, and exactly the same as it was in the original.

Phonomezer said:

I'm up to

Incendiary grenades on his first form if you have it + explosive barrel. TMP his second form, also aim at the tentacles holding him up to knock him down so you can grenade him.

Mr_Zombie

Prime Blue said:
New lighting engine is now Ashford-approved!

xDmE7.gif
I still think that colors CVX HD are too saturated, but the new lighting engine is sweet. Can't wait to see cut-scenes with
mutated Alexia(and her flaming blood)

Cruzader

Banned
Advice time.

I'm on the section where you choose a path. Left is town with zombies or right is fight El gigante again. Did the left door with zombie crew. Got to the other side. Now there is a treasure where el gigante is, I can see a star on the map, so my question is do I go back and fight el gigante and get the item or is it not worth it? Btw how far am I in the game percentage wise? Got BF3 beta to play and Ico hd collection I want to play!!!

Cruzader said:
Advice time.

I'm on the section where you choose a path. Left is town with zombies or right is fight El gigante again. Did the left door with zombie crew. Got to the other side. Now there is a treasure where el gigante is, I can see a star on the map, so my question is do I go back and fight el gigante and get the item or is it not worth it? Btw how far am I in the game percentage wise? Got BF3 beta to play and Ico hd collection I want to play!!!

Don't bother unless you want a really hard fight because Ashley stands still the whole time.

You are about 30% in I would say.

TGO said:
I can't see it, there no light coming from Leon, everything just lights up with a source of light
I'll have another look, but I couldn't see it when I was playing it

He has a torch on his belt iirc, you can see it in cutscenes and when you pan the camera in a certain way. I don't think it actually generates light though, Leon just acts as a source like you say. It's most evident in the save room right after the above bolded section.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I can't see it, there no light coming from Leon, everything just lights up with a source of light
I'll have another look, but I couldn't see it when I was playing it

Cruzader said:
Advice time.

Relatively spaeaking, the treasure isn't worth much. But the enemy is very easy to dodge. I just went back and forth through the exit to pick up the treasure

BeautifulMemory said:
Relatively spaeaking, the treasure isn't worth much. But the enemy is very easy to dodge. I just went back and forth through the exit to pick up the treasure

I just did this part, both paths. I didn't realise you could just avoid him and enter the other door >_>

Risible

Cruzader said:
Advice time.

I always do both. Sure, you can ignore the Gigante but then you lose out on 15,000 pesatas. Use the boulder on him and then pop him a few times with your shotty, that will give you the first time he goes down to his knees - just use your rifle to shoot his plagas a few times.

Just keep running back and forth - if he grabs Ashley use a Flash grenade on him. You only need to make him kneel twice (if you shoot him twice in the plagas each time).

Grab all the treasure, then go back and do the other path to get the other treasure and the 10,000 pesata ruby from the Bella Sisters. They die easily to your shotty.

The trick with them is they activate as soon as you jump down. Jump down and sprint to the other side up the ladder, and then retreat to a spot that forces the sisters and the villagers to come at you single file. Apply shotty and fire grenades liberally.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Two RE4 sessions in and arrived at the island, at the first Regenerators.

Switched off and left it until tomorrow though- I am NOT playing that section before bed. Again.

Has anyone been able to use a Visa giftcard with XBox 360 account? I don't want to give MS my credit card number. Too much hassle to take it off...

Shogmaster said:
Has anyone been able to use a Visa giftcard with XBox 360 account? I don't want to give MS my credit card number. Too much hassle to take it off...

Do you mean those pre-paid credit card thingies?

If so, yes! My work gave me two $250 ones last month for being awesome :)

...went straight to xbox.com, LOL.

Top Bottom