• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

onken

OK back now let's give this a bad-boy a blast

fjf868.jpg

Also comes with a download for Biohazard Archives, 100-page digital magazine thing with stuff about the game I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
onken said:

fjf868.jpg

Don't forget the impressions. :)

Teknoman

onken said:
Oh yeah it's out today. OK I'll run down to the store and get it.

Godspeed.

onken said:

Also comes with a download for Biohazard Archives, 100-page digital magazine thing with stuff about the game I guess.

Heh guess i'm late. Impressions please, if you dont get too caught up in surviving.

onken

Woah that's weird, when you select the disc icon in the XMB it goes into a sub-menu where you just install the games. Installing RE4 now, 3332mb.

Arg forgot to cancel my background download for that stupid archives thing, now this install is going to take twice as long.

onken said:
Woah that's weird, when you select the disc icon in the XMB it goes into a sub-menu where you just install the games. Installing RE4 now, 3332mb.
that's... horrible and not at all what I'd want from the retail version

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
onken said:

So basically you have to copy the PSN version onto the HDD? lol Capcom.

onken

badcrumble said:
that's... horrible and not at all what I'd want from the retail version

Yeah pretty fucked up. I wonder if you can play without the disc? We'll find out in 50 years when this is done installing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So these titles were really meant to be digital?

onken

Some very quick initial impressions for RE4

-no platinum trophy
-only 2 controller configurations, type 1 is the same as the original, type 2 just moves ready to L1 and fire to R1. ARGH BOTH AIM WITH THE LEFT STICK, feels really weird.
-real time cutscenes!!!! definitive version confirmed
-looks like 720p, no AA
-30fps
-does a have a screen-size slider for no-bordery goodness
-looks pretty good, textures aren't too bad
-subtitle font is the original low-res one blown up, looks pretty lol
-censoring is in, no decaps (for this version anyway)
-no XMB music

onken said:

-no platinum trophy
-only 2 controller configurations, type 1 is the same as the original, type 2 just moves ready to L1 and fire to R1. ARGH BOTH AIM WITH THE LEFT STICK, feels really weird.
-looks like 720p, no AA
-30fps
Which version do you have?

Stupid question: how does the PC version fare in comparison?

ULTROS!

Para bailar La Bomba said:

PS3

onken

-no XMB music
-the game title in XMB is "biohazard 4" with a lowercase "b". This annoys me for some reason.

Para bailar La Bomba said:

Well obviously you can mod in custom textures and higher res/AA on the PC version, but it's still locked at 30fps and the cutscenes are awful low-res prerecorded things. Obviously no leaderboards either. I'd say this version pips it.

StuBurns said:
I don't think it has little rings for you to collect or avoid.

It's Detonator mode, I got some nice ones I'll upload them later.

Jigsaw said:
ps3

any chances that the censorship is tied to japanese ps3s only?

I think only one game ever did this and it was a launch title, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

ULTROS!

So RE4 is installed to the PS3 subfolder? Can you play it without the CD?

StuBurns

Banned
onken said:
It's Detonator mode, I got some nice ones I'll upload them later.
Thanks, I'll try it when I get my PS3 back, I got it in the welcome back thing but never really played much of it.

I didn't mean to derail though, looking forward to people's impressions, more so of CV though, I've played 4 a few too many times to be diving in this month.

onken

OK so it installs the game and you can launch it from your hard-disk, BUT you still need the disk in the drive. Guess this stops people just installing it and trading it in.

The install menu, don't know why there's a space for a 3rd slot
qx75p1.jpg

Title screen
2h2mcsh.jpg

The mighty controller configuration screen with its abundance of options
2s6362t.jpg

page 2
33p6bnp.jpg

leaderboards page
wa2fl5.jpg

jsnepo

onken said:

-no platinum trophy
-looks like 720p, no AA
-30fps
-no XMB music

This is the only thing I care about plus it being in HD. I don't give a shit about the added PS2 scenarios or Move controls. Definitive version indeed.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
onken said:
That's what I suspected. I'm assuming it still needs the disc to run?

edit: answered

StuBurns said:
I don't want to sound like a dick, but that cover is not so hot.
It's been said.

onken

OK on to CV

-FMVs look terrrrrrible, and sometimes go really choppy. Maybe they were always like that...
-widescreen, oh god at last
-subtitles look a lot cleaner/high-res than RE4
-options consist of screen size slider and vibration, no control settings at all
-looks and runs beautifully
-can't skip the door sequences
-looks like 720p, 2x AA maybe?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
onken said:

-no platinum trophy
-looks like 720p, no AA
-30fps
-no XMB music
Have you never played biohazard 4 before? What's weird about it?

Also, can you take a picture of the subtitle text?
Nevermind, I saw a video. Bleh. They should take a page from Konami and their gorgeous MGS Collection font. This is just sad.

onken

luka said:
Have you never played biohazard 4 before? What's weird about it?

Yeah I've beat it over a dozen times. Just every single game this gen uses right stick for aiming, it's hard going back.

xXJonoXx

Lookin' good, too bad we only get a disc release and without English text on the import, it would be impossible to play. I am also annoyed by the mention of it saying "biohazard 4" with no capital B. I really hope this isn't in the digital US release. I know a stupid thing to care about. Also, no XMB music? Why do games not have that? How hard is it to add? That's one of the great features I love about PS3. Sometimes I just let games sit there for hours playing the music.

StuBurns

Banned
Why would it say biohazard outside of Japan? They couldn't do that if they wanted to.

And I just realized where you avatar is from.

onken said:

Arg forgot to cancel my background download for that stupid archives thing, now this install is going to take twice as long.

Might as well buy the PSN version. What a shame.

Top Bottom