• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
xXJonoXx said:
Lookin' good, too bad we only get a disc release and without English text on the import, it would be impossible to play. I am also annoyed by the mention of it saying "biohazard 4" with no capital B. I really hope this isn't in the digital US release. I know a stupid thing to care about. Also, no XMB music? Why do games not have that? How hard is it to add? That's one of the great features I love about PS3. Sometimes I just let games sit there for hours playing the music.
As of biohazard rebirth on GCN, every game has been sans-caps. I guess it was meant to be a stylistic contrast with the previous games' logos.

It probably will be all lower-cased in the US because:
44AISl.jpg

xXJonoXx

StuBurns said:
Why would it say biohazard outside of Japan? They couldn't do that if they wanted to.

I just meant it saying "resident evil 4" but with the same lower case letter being applied, lol.

luka said:
As of biohazard rebirth on GCN, every game has been sans-caps. I guess it was meant to be a stylistic contrast with the previous games' logos.

It probably will be all lower-cased in the US because:
44AISl.jpg

Yeah, I bet you are right. Oh well, small shit never hurt anyone. As long as the port has real time cutscenes, I'm in love.

Also every time I see that logo I always see the first thing my friend pointed out the day I bought RE4 for GC, turn the 4 around and you get President Evil. And after reading many previews up to that point, I always thought I knew where the game was going to end while playing it since the plot starts with the President's Daughter being kidnapped and that's why you are on the island.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
cvxfreak twieeted a picture of the X360 version in english dashboard with lowercased resident evil 4. deal with it.

Are people really not buying the game because of no platinum? I'm a trophy whore like the next man, but Jesus Christ. I played some of RE4 on the PS2 but never beat it, so I'll definitely get this some time down the road.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

fernoca

The installation bit, is not surprising. The same happened with Dead Space Extraction on PS3. You install the game, you select them form the XMB...but you still need the disc inside. So; the only thing it saves you..is download time. Anyone getting the retail to save disc space (on PS3) won't get that.

Apparently related to the games been made to run from the HDDs (as digital downloads) [at least on PS3].

luka

Loves Robotech S1
That reminds me, is there a nice color manual with this, or just a cheap paper slip?

Mine should be shipping soon...giggidy.

cvxfreak

madmook said:
Run was on square for the PS2 version.

That was in the North American version, I believe. The button placements have always differed slightly in the Japanese PlayStation 1/2 games.

All I care about is if the PS3 version is a perfect port (no hitches --). Kind of a shame it isn't 60 locked though. I understand these types of ports are done in a hurry but it's kind of a shame.

onken

luka said:
That reminds me, is there a nice color manual with this, or just a cheap paper slip?

Mine should be shipping soon...giggidy.

16 page manual, full colour. It's not bad.

madmook

cvxfreak said:
That was in the North American version, I believe. The button placements have always differed slightly in the Japanese PlayStation 1/2 games.
Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed because they added L1 to aim and R1 to shoot, whereas it was X to shoot in the PS2 version.

Aspiring

so do we know if the xbox 360 version is region free? I have a US 360 but live in australia and due to no disc release will have to buy online. B ut since they are Games on Demand i am worried. Any hint if they will be locked?

EDIT: Most Capcom games have been region free so i am hoping. but worried.

mikeeb13

Banned
onken said:
Some very quick initial impressions for RE4

-censoring is in, no decaps (for this version anyway)
You're playing Biohazard 4, not Resident Evil 4... heads will roll in America and Europe I assure you

Also I've got a small surprise for a couple of you tomorrow ;)

onken

mikeeb13 said:
You're playing Biohazard 4, not Resident Evil 4... heads will roll in America and Europe I assure you

Oh yeah I'm sure it won't be censored for the other versions, but I feel a physical disc is more important. I like mah shiny discs.

mikeeb13 said:
this is being propped up today fy-izzle, woot!

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/mikeeb13/blog_photos/a2b249fd23c988bae4976e57f078e0b1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I have never bought any avatar clothing/props or paid for any themes and gamerpics, but this... I may just cave for this.

x Maiku x

Aspiring said:
so do we know if the xbox 360 version is region free? I have a US 360 but live in australia and due to no disc release will have to buy online. B ut since they are Games on Demand i am worried. Any hint if they will be locked?

EDIT: Most Capcom games have been region free so i am hoping. but worried.

Even the Asian version is supposedly region locked, so it's probably safe to say that the Japanese one will also be region locked, unfortunately. Capcom haven't had a region locked game in a long time. And all of their releases usually have multiple languages but this one does not. Disappointing but I hope the GoD versions are region free.

Also, on the topic of avatar items, if you buy any 2 avatar items this month you will get 80 points back from live rewards.

Nisa65

If I buy the JPN 360 version will it be uncensored when I play it on my UK account or will I just get a censored version in English?

onken

OK here's my video of the first 11 minutes, though it's not direct feed. But I think it's a bit more interesting to watch than the one above because it skips boring stuff and has the village siege scene, plus you get world-class commentary from yours truly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZfApcPx478

(might take a minute to finish processing)

Aspiring

x Maiku x said:
Even the Asian version is supposedly region locked, so it's probably safe to say that the Japanese one will also be region locked, unfortunately. Capcom haven't had a region locked game in a long time. And all of their releases usually have multiple languages but this one does not. Disappointing but I hope the GoD versions are region free.

Also, on the topic of avatar items, if you buy any 2 avatar items this month you will get 80 points back from live rewards.

Oh shit. Fingers crossed than but if the Japan and Asian version is locked the chances that the games on demand version is unlocked is probably slim. If so I am going to be pissed. there is no reason for this and it means I will miss out and CODE Veronica is one of my fav RE games.

Snowballo

I'm confused.

Let's talk about X360 and NA/PAL market.

1. Will the games be sold together (CV and RE4)?
2. Boxed version or on Xbox Live?

Thanks.

EDIT

Ops

Release Dates:
JP Retail - September 8, 2011
NA PS3 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
NA PS3 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
NA 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
NA 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
EU PS3 - September 21, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
EU PS3 - September 28, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
EU 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
EU 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

So Japanese version is out and it is boxed.
All the other versions will be on demand.

Nisa65 said:
If I buy the JPN 360 version will it be uncensored when I play it on my UK account or will I just get a censored version in English?

Neither. I would imagine Biohazard on 360 is how Biohazard was originally (English voices but Japanese text, and censored).

If the image has both of the games inside it (RE and Biohazard) then it will detect you're on a Japanese machine and give you Biohazard, regardless of what account you are on.

JoeFenix

onken said:
OK here's my video of the first 11 minutes, though it's not direct feed. But I think it's a bit more interesting to watch than the one above because it skips boring stuff and has the village siege scene, plus you get world-class commentary from yours truly.

Thanks! Seems like a good port so far, lack of AA is a bit lame but I can live with that no problem if all the effects are there.

randomwab

Where would be the best place to order the Japanese/Asian PS3 release of this that'll ship to the UK quick? I wouldn't mind ordering this, but I'd like it to come before the Euro On Demand release.

Nisa65

KennyLinder said:
Neither. I would imagine Biohazard on 360 is how Biohazard was originally (English voices but Japanese text, and censored).

If the image has both of the games inside it (RE and Biohazard) then it will detect you're on a Japanese machine and give you Biohazard, regardless of what account you are on.

Will just make do with the download version then I guess. I can wait a few weeks to play two games I've already bought on two other systems.

Mr_Zombie

FCMaxi said:

Is it me or does that look as if someone run sharpening filter through the image. :/
And well, it's a shame that they didn't update textures, at least a little bit. In the intro there's just too many moments with a low-res texture in-your-face.

I wonder what they did with cut-scenes from Separate Ways; did they put the low-res prerecorded ones back from PS2 version, or did they put the real time ones.

Also, can anyone put some screens/cut-scenes from CV? I want to see the game with the new lighting.

RussellXV

Are there any differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? How are the controls for each version? Not 100% sure on which version to get.

Kato

bdizzle said:
Are people really not buying the game because of no platinum? I'm a trophy whore like the next man, but Jesus Christ. I played some of RE4 on the PS2 but never beat it, so I'll definitely get this some time down the road.

Yep. You never beat it so it is the chance to play it and beat it cause it´s awesome.
But for me..not enough incentive to play it again after playing and owning the GCN, PS2 and Wii versions.

So digital only and no real trophies to speak of is enough for me to not buy it. And besides I´ve played it umpteen times. Although as awesome as it is I cba to play it for the higher res alone. But then again it is RE4 so I could change my mind down the line...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Snowballo said:
I'm confused.

Let's talk about X360 and NA/PAL market.

1. Will the games be sold together (CV and RE4)?
2. Boxed version or on Xbox Live?

Thanks.

EDIT

Ops

Release Dates:
JP Retail - September 8, 2011
NA PS3 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
NA PS3 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
NA 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
NA 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
EU PS3 - September 21, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
EU PS3 - September 28, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)
EU 360 - September 20, 2011 (Resident Evil 4)
EU 360 - September 27, 2011 (Resident Evil Code: Veronica X)

So Japanese version is out and it is boxed.
All the other versions will be on demand.

JP - Retail
NA/EU - For the PS3, they're PSN titles. For the 360, they're Games on Demand titles, not XBLA titles.

bdizzle said:
Do you really think everyone interested in it were in the same boat as you though? I mean, personally, I already own it on GC and PS2 and have finished it a number of times, so it's not a must have to me (unlike BG&E HD, which was similarly disappointing but I didn't own anywhere else). Trophies were a genuine incentive to pick it up.

I should probably point out that I was originally on the fence about picking it up anyway, since I was pretty sure Capcom would pull their shitty DRM out on us, but hearing about the 50% PSN+ discount changed my mind. Up until now anyway.

onken

LiquidSolid said:
Do you really think everyone interested in it were in the same boat as you though? I mean, personally, I already own it on GC and PS2 and have finished it a number of times, so it's not a must have to me (unlike BG&E HD, which was similarly disappointing but I didn't own anywhere else). Trophies were a genuine incentive to pick it up.

I should probably point out that I was originally on the fence about picking it up anyway, since I was pretty sure Capcom would pull their shitty DRM out on us, but hearing about the 50% PSN+ discount changed my mind. Up until now anyway.

Yeah but it does have trophies, albeit not very creative ones and no platinum.

onken said:
Yeah but it does have trophies, albeit not very creative ones and no platinum.
It's a PSN sized list though, compared to the full 1000G list the 360 version has, it's worth nothing. And this is despite Sony being really lenient about letting PSN games have full trophy lists, seeing as there's already been a number of them (Trine, Alien Breed 1-3 and Under Siege come to mind). So I'm inclined to say that rather than any logistical problem or genuine excuse, Capcom just doesn't give a shit. Maybe they were too focused on rushing both games out the door, like Ubisoft did with BG&E HD (another HD re-release with a shitty trophy list).

Anyway, apparently Sven is being really vague about the possibility of the PSN versions having their DRM in them, so expect to see it happen. Capcom are such a shitty company nowadays.

onken

LiquidSolid said:
It's a PSN sized list though, compared to the full 1000G list the 360 version has, it's worth nothing. And this is despite Sony being really lenient about letting PSN games have full trophy lists, seeing as there's already been a number of them (Trine, Alien Breed 1-3 and Under Siege come to mind). So I'm inclined to say that rather than any logistical problem or genuine excuse, Capcom just doesn't give a shit. Maybe they were too focused on rushing both games out the door, like Ubisoft did with BG&E HD (another HD re-release with a shitty trophy list).

Anyway, apparently Sven is being really vague about the possibility of the PSN versions having their DRM in them, so expect to see it happen. Capcom are such a shitty company nowadays.

Oh yeah that DRM shit is the worst. Another advantage of the physical disc.

onken said:

This may sound random, but it looks like your TV is overscanning the image. I could be wrong. Do you have overscan set to off? You should if you haven't. Sometimes you have to set it to just scan or 1:1 pixel, as opposed to 16:9

I'm probably just seeing things. EDIT: Actually, the HUD on the bottom right is way too close to the corner, so you're TV is overscanning the image I think. I honestly still can't believe TV's still default to that overscan on bullshit.

Risible

My copy is due to arrive from Play Asia in a few days.

I've played this on every platform it has been available for and I'm STILL excited to play it again when it arrives. This will be something like my 10th playthrough of the game. Is that sad? :)

Synless

StuBurns said:
720p, no AA and 30fps?

That's pretty disgusting.
No AA is pretty lazy. I refuse to believe they couldn't have implemented it and had it still running at 30fps.

AgentOtaku said:
Wasn't it confirmed that this wasn't gonna have "log into PSN" drm?
You're probably thinking of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. I'm pretty sure they haven't said a thing about it in relation to RE4 HD or RECVX HD apart from Sven's vague answers which seem to point towards yes.

Top Bottom