• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Darkpen

Banned
industrian said:
I've got a Level 7 Spec Ops but I just started as a soldier in a co-op game there and enjoyed it. Nothing beats wading into a horde of Grims with grenades and a minigun. As long as you've got a Spec Ops guy near you keeping your ammo in check and shield powered up, you're pretty much invincible.

And another thing that I've not fawned over yet: this game looks great and holds up very well with all the shit happening at once. Insomniac are PS3 dev gods.
+ dedicated servers = omfg hawt goty?

Union Carbine said:
Not really loot. And the list of items to buy with that money is very limited. There is not the unlimited variety of loot dropping in level like other loot games. The co-op game does not play or feel like a loot experience at all.
aaactually...

having played Final Fantasy XI online endgame.... lol....

lol.... dynamis... lol >_>

Metalmurphy said:
It feels like a raiding experience with some degree of a loot reward. This is after all an FPS. Were you expecting to get a Fire Enchanted LARK + 3 after killing a Titan?

*cough*

dork

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
You mean the ranks of players in competitive play right? Yes there is stripes and stars next to their name if so. If you want to view their profiles you get a error though (I got that mixed up my bad).

yeah, interesting

DrPirate said:
Play games through matchmaking to increase rank.

Matchmaking is not working in the beta so it's not possible. I raised my rank by glitching the system accidentally.

Theres no place that tells how much xp =what rank etc? So right now thats why everyone is a private?

Ceb said:
Any chance of letting us call dibs on those could-be codes? :p

ill see who is on tomorrow when i come back, the codes are to be entered on the resistance site and you will be emailed a code, it says redeem by 10-22 so you will be a day early :)

TEH-CJ

Banned
OMG this game is fucking amazing!!!

co op action is like starwars on steroids. holy shit :O

edit: is there only one map for co op?

Finally got into the beta... I emailed gamestop's help email address and they gave me one.

I preordered October 16 and this particular store never had the vouchers. Out of the 5 Gamestop's within 3 miles of my house, I don't know why I chose this one. I was about to cancel my reservation and reserve at one of the other stores.

oneHeero

Got online, played a few games and like the improvements that were made.
Speed feels great(although fast for me :p)

Game is fun.

Question for Mr. JS, will ya'll be including the old lobby stuff where the games were highlighted green if u had friends in them and blue if clan mbrs in it? That was so much more helpful. I cant find any friends :\

Also, is it a glitch or maybe a hint that you can join people's parties while they are in a game and your in the lobby? I'm sure its a glitch since I was kicked when I joined a game. Would be cool for cross chat.

So many ppl in co-op its ridiculous.
I;m getting errors online right now anyone else?

Well, I finally get my code and download the Beta.

I'm currently downloading the 16 MB patch. If the current d/l rate holds up (REALLY FUCKING SLOW), it's going to end up taking longer to download a 16 MB patch than a 2.2 gig beta (which went really fast, incidentally).

W.T.F.

Oh well, at least it's finally, nearly in my grasp!

PSN - Beren

Teknoman

Ploid 3.0 said:
Servers are back up. Last hurrah for the weekend saved. I was about to hit the sack.

Awesome. I just got the beta and patch yesterday and am going online with the beta for the first time in a bit.

Ploid 3.0

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Oh, maybe this is why I'm getting "network error" when I try to join something :lol

Yea when you get that, and you're logged onto PSN that means servers are down. This won't happen in the final version. They are tweaking and optimizing the servers/setting I guess.

GodofWine

Crazy thing happened to me yesterday..saw a fellow gaf member online who added me to play this game with...so I was like cool..co-op time...joined his co-op game and spawned BUT:

- I was not on the list of who was playing in the game
- I was the 9th man....
- I spawned with no weapon
- I couldn't get into the area of the battle...all the doors were shut
- I ran around the entire wall..no way in

wtf :lol

Teknoman

Facism said:
you're a good man.

[edit]Avatar from Rocko's Modern Life? Used to love that when i was younger. Cartoons were made of sterner stuff back in the day.

Not to add to the off topicness but... one of the teachers at my elementary school sounded EXACTLY like Mrs.Bighead.

Norml

From a youtube video. I like how the mouth moves.

output.gif

TheFreshPrince

is anyone finding that in co-op, playing as the Spec. Ops, sometimes when you throw ammo, it doesn't give it to yourself? every once in a while, i'll throw out an ammo pack, and it will say "You gave yourself ammo"....but i don't get any. is this just a glitch or what?

Mardil

TheFreshPrince said:
is anyone finding that in co-op, playing as the Spec. Ops, sometimes when you throw ammo, it doesn't give it to yourself? every once in a while, i'll throw out an ammo pack, and it will say "You gave yourself ammo"....but i don't get any. is this just a glitch or what?

Yeah that happened to me too, but if you wait some time and trow yourself ammo again, it works.

btkadams

im a level 7 medic yayyyyy

love coop. its weird i played mostly competitive in the private beta but in the public beta im playing all coop.

Guled

btkadams said:
so i went online to check for my clan invite DaFish, where is it lol. i dont know how it works, do i have to be in a game with you to recieve it?
I don't think the beta has clan support

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
btkadams said:
im a level 7 medic yayyyyy

love coop. its weird i played mostly competitive in the private beta but in the public beta im playing all coop.

When I got the beta I was like fuck co-op, im all competitive mode. But after a day I wanted to test co-op and got hooked lol. Like level 6 soldier atm, dunno how much more time Ill spend on it though because its getting kinda repetitive and I dont want to spend too much time leveling up on a beta, because then I wont want to in the retail game (MGO :/)

I'm so confused. This was a bad day to d/l the Beta I think.

So... the servers were down. Then went back up for like 10 minutes? Now are back down again?

And now seem to be right back up!

I'm so confused. This was a bad day to d/l the Beta I think.

So... the servers were down. Then went back up for like 10 minutes? Now are back down again?

And now seem to be right back up!

There have been issues with the matchmaking servers. I believe they've been rebooting a little extra today to get it all in working order.

GodofWine said:
Crazy thing happened to me yesterday..saw a fellow gaf member online who added me to play this game with...so I was like cool..co-op time...joined his co-op game and spawned BUT:

- I was not on the list of who was playing in the game
- I was the 9th man....
- I spawned with no weapon
- I couldn't get into the area of the battle...all the doors were shut
- I ran around the entire wall..no way in

wtf :lol

I've noticed this glitch too. Basically here's what the glitch is:

You are invited to a party and the player starts the game before you join in. The game gets full and you don't accept his invitation until it is. When you do accept it, you are the extra player and you can basically do nothing. Most of the time, the game just freezes on you and you have to hard reset. Rarely what happened to you takes place.

Jstevenson! You there? :p

Teknoman

So when in a party...do we just create a game? I joined Pai's party but ended up getting dropped since I tried to join a game.

EDIT: Now I cant join em at all.

Anyone wanna trade a beta key for siren all 12 episodes, I would love to try this game out, because I probaly wont have the money to buy it day 1 because I recently lost my job, or does anyone know of anyother way to get into the beta that doesnt require money lol.

Are Medics meant to be able to solo everything? I just owned a Titan by standing there and taking his best shots while racking up a near 2000 exp chain. You just need patience!

OH well, got spawned on top of with no healing circle thing up. 22k doesn't strike me as that bad a haul for one guy in 15 minutes or however long that was.

Anyone wanna trade a beta key for siren all 12 episodes, I would love to try this game out, because I probaly wont have the money to buy it day 1 because I recently lost my job, or does anyone know of anyother way to get into the beta that doesnt require money lol.

Are Medics meant to be able to solo everything? I just owned a Titan by standing there and taking his best shots while racking up a near 2000 exp chain. You just need patience!

OH well, got spawned on top of with no healing circle thing up. 22k doesn't strike me as that bad a haul for one guy in 15 minutes or however long that was.

You can solo the bosses now because they seem bugged in beta, but get swarmed once by regular troops and you're done for.

That's what just happened (though they spawned on top of me...)

And even then, if my Berserk had been up I'm confident I would have been able to take them :lol

If you can just avoid dying for about 2 seconds to allow the green globs of healing goodness to start streaming in you're nearly immortal it seems (on whatever difficulty this is... normal I'd assume). I was having no problems taking shot after shot from the Titan without Berserk, though I had kinda led him into a wall and behind a tree so only about half his shots were actually hitting me.

Btw, what does the heal gun's secondary fire do?

And it's not just the bosses. Huge swarms of mobs... just avoid dying until the health starts rolling in, drop a healing circle, and you cannot die. Just strafe a bit behind cover (doesn't break combo chains) and your health barely drops.

Baha

krypt0nian said:
You can solo the bosses now because they seem bugged in beta, but get swarmed once by regular troops and you're done for.

It depends, I can solo regular chimera from a safe distance as well as marauders. As long as you keep a safe distance you can do it. The real problem is when they rush you, so missions including the hill are incredibly difficult to solo as a medic. Having the chloroform ability really helps for groups though.

Btw, what does the heal gun's secondary fire do?

Uh, heal? Primary drains enemies, while secondary fires a healing blast.

Baha said:
It depends, I can solo regular chimera from a safe distance as well as marauders. As long as you keep a safe distance you can do it. The real problem is when they rush you, so missions including the hill are incredibly difficult to solo as a medic. Have the chloroform ability really helps for groups though.

Uh, heal? Primary drains enemies, while secondary fires a healing blast.

Well, that's what I thought. However, I just downloaded the beta today and I haven't been able to actually get in a real co-op game yet (servers...).

Ploid 3.0

level 8 Spec now. Time for me to take a break from that class and move to tank. I fear the spec's that don't drop ammo.

Edit:
BTW the srevers may be up, but they are more buggy than before. It's hard to get in any game.

Ploid 3.0

Are you actually able to join games right now? I know I sure can't!

Read the edit on my last post. Don't use play now (auto search). You have to keep trying games from the lobby. Even 3/8 games will claim to be full.

Teknoman

Are you actually able to join games right now? I know I sure can't!

Playing in a Skirmish online game right now, Chicago map (Really feels like an actual war lol). Even other people's heavy weapon fire rumbles your controller.

Top Bottom